Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Billings is the largest city in the U.S. state of Montana, with a population estimated at 109,577 as of 2019

billings would be the 9th largest city in orange county lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Mayor Dave posted:

billings would be the 9th largest city in orange county lmao

We'll get there :corrupt:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Ardennes posted:

The numbers you are using are old or limited. Estonia's death rate is 3.65%. Ukraine is 2.9%. Georgia is 1.62%. Armenia is 1.56%.
I must have transcribed it wrong for Estonia, but it's not like it's far off. 3.65% is still three times higher than Russia.

Ardennes posted:

As far as Russia cooking its books, that isn't controversial, I always assumed as much. The entire issue is assuming that Russia (and only Russia in Eastern Europe) had Western death rates. Also, even in Russia itself, different cities are adopting different criteria since there is a pretty stark divergence in criteria between Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Who assumed that? When I said 50k, I was basing that on entirely Russian numbers - official Russian deaths x the apparent underreporting in St. Petersburg.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Billings is the largest city in the U.S. state of Montana, with a population estimated at 109,577 as of 2019

oh gently caress we ran out of stadiums

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Well now I don't feel very good about working at a production facility wearing a mask so that's cool, see you all in hell. At least I'll be able to post from the covid ward in between saying my goodbyes to family via video chat

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Google Butt posted:

Well now I don't feel very good about working at a production facility wearing a mask so that's cool, see you all in hell. At least I'll be able to post from the covid ward in between saying my goodbyes to family via video chat

Can’t wait for the cops shut down cell towers to make things difficult for protestors and then nobody can FaceTime grandpa to say goodbye

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

testing positive rate is still low. but wave 2 looks to be incoming

For the latest Florida Chud genius response with Ron Desantis the Phase 2 plan is starting this week which allows bars. movie theaters and night clubs to re-open at reduced capacity.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/06/03/bars-and-movie-theaters-can-reopen-in-most-of-florida-starting-friday-gov-ron-desantis-says/

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Plague Inc video game needs a mod where you can send your big, dumb, wet President to hard-to-infect areas.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

lmao poo poo was never closed

No, no, see, it was closed, overnight, to wipe everything down, done by the workers without any certified hazardous/biological materials cleanup training.

Victory Position posted:

there's a drive-in near my folks playing John Candy movies

they're alive to the sound of Uncle Buck in your car!

I laugh at the notion of people going to drive-in movies, because you just know at least one of those cars out there has at least one horny person in it.

This fact might be better or worse depending on other occupants and the movie being seen.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

navyjack posted:

Plague Inc video game needs a mod where you can send your big, dumb, wet President to hard-to-infect areas.

The Trumpian Reponse would have it's own upgrade path for increasing things like infectivity or slowing the cure response.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

A Buttery Pastry posted:

.Who assumed that? When I said 50k, I was basing that on entirely Russian numbers - official Russian deaths x the apparent underreporting in St. Petersburg.

The problem is assuming the excess death rate in St.Pete is applicable to the whole country. It is like applying New York City to the entire United States. It could be very well be both the Russians covering up in general, but also St.Peterburg excess data isn't that useful on a national scale because we are talking about a large city with a developed metro system. In addition, the other city is like it (Moscow) has a different method of reporting.

So are Russians under-reporting covid deaths, sure, but St.Petersburg isn't going to be that useful of a data point without looking at neighboring countries.

In reality, I would probably expect Russians are dying as much as their neighbors, probably much more on average in Moscow/St. Petersburg.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Have the republicans decided that their best shot of winning is to get trup infected and die so they’re just letting him do whatever stupid and unsafe poo poo he feels like?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

July 3 Mount Rushmore fireworks display

This is the most tone deaf poo poo I've ever seen.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

gay picnic defence posted:

Have the republicans decided that their best shot of winning is to get trup infected and die so they’re just letting him do whatever stupid and unsafe poo poo he feels like?

You know he already got it and was an asymptomatic carrier. The world isn't that lucky.

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
Go does Covid not matter anymore or what cause I got some grilling to do!?!

My Gimmick Name
Sep 11, 2004

Flesh Forge posted:

the site name is in the bottom of the image but here is clickable text

http://91-divoc.com/
http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

that specific graph I cropped:

http://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-vis...Colorado#states

oh man that's a cool chart, but i can't seem to find california lemme boot it up on the graph

oh. oh....

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

navyjack posted:

They should also add a "really easy" mode where people protest lockdowns, countries reopen borders after only a few weeks, and the scientists develop deadly cures.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

etalian posted:

For the latest Florida Chud genius response with Ron Desantis the Phase 2 plan is starting this week which allows bars. movie theaters and night clubs to re-open at reduced capacity.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/06/03/bars-and-movie-theaters-can-reopen-in-most-of-florida-starting-friday-gov-ron-desantis-says/

Pizza place I go to for carryout has a bar that is closed along w the dining room but there's still always like the same 4 dudes "waiting for their take out order" sitting at the bar drinking every friday

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

My Gimmick Name posted:

oh man that's a cool chart, but i can't seem to find california lemme boot it up on the graph

oh. oh....

yeah california's numbers look pretty weird to me too idk.

e:

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 23:29 on Jun 4, 2020

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

oh well I'm sure everything's fine :unsmith:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

total number of cases or deaths is completely useless since it's not population adjusted

of course California will be at or near the top it has by far the most people

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Well the family has demanded we go out to a restaurant. Rip.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mr Hootington posted:

Well the family has demanded we go out to a restaurant. Rip.

F

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
yeah well the juggalo family demands that you stay inside and protect your health whoop whoop

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Mistle posted:

No, no, see, it was closed, overnight, to wipe everything down, done by the workers without any certified hazardous/biological materials cleanup training.

I laugh at the notion of people going to drive-in movies, because you just know at least one of those cars out there has at least one horny person in it.

This fact might be better or worse depending on other occupants and the movie being seen.

but horny is prohibited

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

This place is packed. Lmao gently caress

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

actionjackson posted:

total number of cases or deaths is completely useless since it's not population adjusted

of course California will be at or near the top it has by far the most people

that wasn't the point, it was the upward trend of cases and deaths

CA's CFR also bothers me in that it's much lower than most other states but they're doing much more testing overall asterisk so it seems reasonable they will have a larger proportion of less severe cases than the states that have only been testing people who show symptoms.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

Roni does strange things to your brain. Today I dropped the last Tim Tam on the floor in my apartment and instead of going to get a new packet I just ate. The monster that was always inside me has been unleashed.

Pretty sure Tim Tams are subject to the three second rule.

seattle plague rat
Apr 6, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

This place is packed. Lmao gently caress

tuck a handful of fries in ur mask and eat out of it like a feedbag imo

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

that wasn't the point, it was the upward trend of cases and deaths

CA's CFR also bothers me in that it's much lower than most other states but they're doing much more testing overall asterisk so it seems reasonable they will have a larger proportion of less severe cases than the states that have only been testing people who show symptoms.

even if you are looking at how the number of cases it's changing, that's still very easy to misinterpret because it's a function of the amount of testing being done. With deaths it's not as big of an issue as if you die.. you die, assuming they record the reason properly.

I'm a biostatistician so I consistently see how data can be misinterpreted.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

and the rockets red glare,
Lungs struggling for air.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
we had a contractor over to look at our broken a/c and my 4 year old sobbed he didnt want to get coronavirus . i maybe went a bit too far on the whole social distancing thing , hrm

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

endlessmonotony posted:

Name/post combo.

endlessmonotony posted:

:jerkbag:

Av/post combo as always, Master Shake.

You sure owned them, Karen

Keep spreading the idea that better safety isn't possible so don't wear masks, like a true liberal

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

this Covid thing is really hosed in how the government/state/city handles it. I work in a dental office and one of my assistants was found to have Covid yesterday. no one contacted our office. no one asked us to self quarantine and poo poo down the office in any way shape or form. likely one or more people who are working on patients have COVID and can easily spread it to each other or patients. this whole thing is a clusterfuck

I don’t own the clinic so the owner is basically business as usual or risk losing his business

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

mastershakeman posted:

we had a contractor over to look at our broken a/c and my 4 year old sobbed he didnt want to get coronavirus . i maybe went a bit too far on the whole social distancing thing , hrm

Nah. You didn't invent coronavirus. Not your fault, not anybody's fault but the lovely situation. You're not wrong to be vigilant around death.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
norm knows
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1267201673773977603?s=20
https://twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/1268703749893058561?s=20

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol potential covid death going down on my block right now, police cars blocked the upper and lower entrances and a fire truck just had dudes with respirators disembark

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Crack ping, baby.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm so loving sick of cleaning all this poo poo only to watch waddling hogs lumber into the place and spray spittle everywhere. Why even loving bother.

If we're going to get the 1.5th wave can it hurry the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

it's way worse than that, he meant to say deaths not cases lol