Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Tremek posted:

Got the S65 back yesterday and went to the drag strip, it's a work in progress but was nice to be out doing something normalish that didn't require direct human contact. My kids also had a blast.

Sick. I got my Lexus back finally after 3 weeks at the shop to get the transmission replaced and we went ‘Froadin in the mountains this morning for a couple hours. It was pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Indy's back, baby! Genesys 300 getting ready to go green in Texas. Man, I love the new cars.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Cross posting from the car audio thread cuz I want y’all to see.

Coredump posted:

Hey everyone I'm back. Now its time to do the tweeters.
This is what the factory Element tweeter looks like in the car (image stolen from Crutchfield. Thank you Crutchfield)

When you get the A pillar off however the truth reveals itself

You can see the tweeter I'm planning on using up top, a Seas H1396 and the size of the grill

One hole saw and some sanding later we get this:

From the back:

Test fit in the car. Nice thing is the tweeter now points more at me than the factory one did:

Now this part I'm proud of. I had some spare speaker grill metal from my woofers I installed earlier. So I got a wheel bearing and race in the right size and used them as forming tools to press the speaker grill into shape to go in the hole left in my A pillar

Glued in

Wired up. Thats a 25 uf capacitor inline with the tweeter.

And here's what it looks like:

Now I haven't put the tweeter back in the car just yet. With the way the Honda's factory amp is wired a full range signal is being sent to the tweeter. The old factory tweeter had a capacitor as a crossover to prevent music with too much bass hitting the tweeter. I have a capacitor on my tweeter as well. However my capacitor serves a different purpose. Its a safe guard if I get an amp pop or any sort of full range signal sent to the tweet, it will block most of the damaging bass.Here's a video that goes over that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hscMuzfyxQ4

However the capacitor doesn't block signal up to the tweeter's crossover point. For my tweeter the math works out to: 0.159/(X *3.5) = 0.000025 which means I'm blocking frequencies from ~1817 Hz and lower. Here's a page that has the specs for my tweeter. This Seas tweeter has a frankly ridiculous recommended frequency range of 2500 - 30000 hz. Its the lower range that catches me by surprise. But to make sure I don't see too low of frequency to the tweeter and damage it I plan to switch my Pioneer headunit to active mode. That will allow the Pioneer to set crossover points for the tweeters, woofers, and subwoofer in the headunit. When I do that I'll probably set the high pass filter for the tweeter at 3500 hz or there abouts. But i need to do some more wiring before I can do that. So for the moment I'm down one tweeter while I work on that. But the tweeter is ready to go when I get it done.

I have a small 4 channel amp ready to go. However I plan to install it where the factory amp is. When I do that my factory subwoofer will no longer be powered. I plan on getting the matching NVX micro class D amp as well but that will be some time down the road before it gets installed. In the meantime the plan will be to power the tweeters off the headunit and let the factory amp continue to power the front speakers in the doors.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

That grill bend is clean and pro AF. You should be proud.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

e: stupid post

Grakkus fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jun 7, 2020

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I learned recently that a farm down the road from me was owned by someone who had slaves and was paid by the government when the slavery abolition act became a thing here. How mad is that? You bought humans and actually got your money back when we eventually decided that it was a bad thing...

Anyway in related news, Bristol has pulled down the statue of a slave trader. The statue has him labelled as a 'philanthropist'

https://twitter.com/_jackgrey/status/1269625428400132096?s=19

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Indy's back, baby! Genesys 300 getting ready to go green in Texas. Man, I love the new cars.

gently caress I missed it!

[e] do you know if they are going to re play it?

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 7, 2020

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I learned recently that a farm down the road from me was owned by someone who had slaves and was paid by the government when the slavery abolition act became a thing here. How mad is that? You bought humans and actually got your money back when we eventually decided that it was a bad thing...

Anyway in related news, Bristol has pulled down the statue of a slave trader. The statue has him labelled as a 'philanthropist'

owns

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yup. I'm just waiting for Robert e Lee to go away in Virginia. That will be a real bellwether.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think there will be another spark to the movement, another senseless killing because there's no way that every police force in America can not be violently brutal and that will push everyone to their breaking point. The proud boys are gonna have to post 24 hour guards on ConFed monuments or else they're all going down.

The white pride bullshit is going to be unbearable through that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Update for your viewing pleasure

https://twitter.com/CorbynistaTeen/status/1269642325376086022?s=19

https://twitter.com/boringdystopian/status/1269643323532292096?s=19

https://twitter.com/sarah_turnnidge/status/1269646528622272513?s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 7, 2020

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

meatpimp posted:

Yup. I'm just waiting for Robert e Lee to go away in Virginia. That will be a real bellwether.

Richmond is taking down THE robert e lee statue on monument ave. My grandma lived in Richmond for 40 years, she'd be stoked to see that poo poo.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

2020 is beginning to redeem itself

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

shy boy from chess club posted:

The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Can you guys please not Jynx this poo poo until at least November

Like seriously

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

kastein posted:

Can you guys please not Jynx this poo poo until at least November

Like seriously

Yeah, there's a whole lot more down until things get better. Enjoy the small victories, stay ready to ride out the bad stuff coming.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I love how in times like these you find unusual allies, like Juggalos being pro-BLM. Twitter Kpop Stans are doing god's work during this. For anyone who hasn't heard, any racist, pro-cop, pro-trump hashtags are being overrun with fan cam videos, gifs, and photos of Korean pop stars. Whitey tries to start a new hashtag and they're on it in minutes. Various cities and government agencies have tried to start snitch sites where you can upload video of protesters being naughty, and they hit those too. Just stealing the thunder off every rear end in a top hat and replacing it with innocent Korean pop silliness. They're a loving swarm, and it's magical. The best part is they don't even have to work at it, they just wait for something offensive to trend and then they just take it over.

Other than that I've had these songs playing pretty much on repeat this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWXazVhlyxQ gently caress YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG8LcqR1kqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlk7o5T56iw (skip to 40s if you've already heard Ice-T spit the truth)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeQM1c-XCDc (skip to 1:00 if you want to get to the music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

All good for protesting from your chair like me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I almost wish I lived in a place with stupid confed monuments because I'd love to be a part of destroying that bullshit.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
add this to your protest from the computer rotation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_gFyB6GnA

I went out to a local protest in the next town over, the much more working-class and ethnically diverse City of Ypsilanti, MI since there wasn't anything going down in my own town (ann arbor get your poo poo together). It was really, really good. There were probably a couple thousand people, at least according to the newspaper. It's always tough to estimate when you're in the crowd. Really positive energy. The police chief met with leaders outside the police station. I felt like there's a chance that we maybe get something accomplished.

respect to the comrades the kpop stans, never thought i'd say that in a million years

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

add this to your protest from the computer rotation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_gFyB6GnA

I like this one not US specific, but it's about fighting Nazis.

And one from a dude who punches Nazis in the face.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Olympic Mathlete posted:

gently caress YEAH!

https://twitter.com/gnarlycharlie4u/status/1269665203198844929?s=20

I'd say it's a mixed bag at best.

https://twitter.com/JACAB13121312/status/1269475054821298177?s=20

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Applebees Appetizer posted:

gently caress I missed it!

[e] do you know if they are going to re play it?

No idea on re-plays. I'm pumped for July 4th weekend as it's gonna be both Indy GP and Brickyard 400.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Is it safe to jack on the rounded part right of pic that bar attaches into? I have bent my bumper out of wack and going to try to attach a strap to tow hook in back and something stationary and jack van up to bring it down a few centimeters at most (94 Toyota Liteace)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea you know what they did with the tear gas is ban it for non-emergency then qualify the protests as emergency, motherfucker loving fuckass fucks

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I finally got around to thoroughly cleaning my bike (~16 year old Trek 1000) after riding in a bunch of heavy rain this week. I’m trying to make riding before work and getting at least 10 miles in a new habit, I’ll be damned if I let rain get in the way of getting in shape (down 18 lbs since May 4 from 277.8 to 259.8).

Anyway, my chain and gears had a shitload of old grease and sand stuck in them, so I hosed everything off with some citrus degreaser, scrubbed the chain and all of the sprockets and derailleurs with soap and water, wiped it down, and applied dry lube to every roller on the chain. I also got new pedals, going from an ancient shimano pedal to brand new Look Sprint pedals. Old pedals weighed over 8oz each, new ones are 5oz each. It rides like a brand new bike now. Shifts like butter from the top of the gearset to the bottom. Amazing what I was missing by being lazy and not servicing my bike.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Hey guys buy a truck k

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

bandman posted:

I finally got around to thoroughly cleaning my bike (~16 year old Trek 1000) after riding in a bunch of heavy rain this week. I’m trying to make riding before work and getting at least 10 miles in a new habit, I’ll be damned if I let rain get in the way of getting in shape (down 18 lbs since May 4 from 277.8 to 259.8).

Anyway, my chain and gears had a shitload of old grease and sand stuck in them, so I hosed everything off with some citrus degreaser, scrubbed the chain and all of the sprockets and derailleurs with soap and water, wiped it down, and applied dry lube to every roller on the chain. I also got new pedals, going from an ancient shimano pedal to brand new Look Sprint pedals. Old pedals weighed over 8oz each, new ones are 5oz each. It rides like a brand new bike now. Shifts like butter from the top of the gearset to the bottom. Amazing what I was missing by being lazy and not servicing my bike.

A freshly serviced bike is such a joy

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Guys I finally bought a Wrangler after pinning for one for years! :v:

Got it for a song too!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Awesome.
You should just sticker-bomb the faded paint and call it a day.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
Nice, those tires are probably old as poo poo though. Michelin hasn’t made that type in quite some time, iirc. Cooper makes a good all-terrain that isn’t terribly expensive.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

bandman posted:

Bikes are good. I like bikes. Some of mine are pretty AI. FWD moving bottom bracket recumbent (Cruzbike T50), Long wheelbase recumbent, and I used to have a stand-up bike as well.

Coredump fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 7, 2020

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

bandman posted:

Nice, those tires are probably old as poo poo though. Michelin hasn’t made that type in quite some time, iirc. Cooper makes a good all-terrain that isn’t terribly expensive.

Yeah they are, but I won't be going over 45mph anywhere around here so they should be good for a little bit, I hope at least.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

STR posted:

He just called and asked why I never came back from getting a wrist brace. :downsgun: The overnight lead I've been having so many issues with is apparently raising hell with him.

Overnight lead got suspended for a week without pay, before I even said anything. :laffo:

And my request to GTFO of this store is apparently on the priority list for management now. Love my boss, hate the overnight lead, and we've just had a massive turnover on overnights (I'm suddenly the 3rd most senior). I'm far from the first to bitch about him. Plus I live 30 minutes away now instead of walking distance...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jun 7, 2020

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Got it for a song too!

Old tires, dead paint, cheap Jeep. Perfection. Nicely done! Now you can Jeep it all you want with no risk. What year/miles? It's automatic, isn't it.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

bandman posted:

I've got the Cooper at3s on mine and they aren't good in mud, got my truck buried to the frame on grass trying to pull my stuck mower out, 4wd with a rear locker. Had to rescue it with my tractor. I don't do rock crawling but they might be good for that since the 3 is for the sidewall and they are stiff as all hell. They are also really good on road, quiet and smooth, truck handles great for a truck and they look cool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So, folks, what's the opinion for using gasket sealant when doing a waterpump/thermostat? I've always used RTV of some sort, but recently been reading people saying not to and just use the gaskets themselves and call it a day. That's genuinely never crossed my mind until now.

Thoughts?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Coredump posted:

Bikes are good. I like bikes. Some of mine are pretty AI. FWD moving bottom bracket recumbent (Cruzbike T50), Long wheelbase recumbent, and I used to have a stand-up bike as well.

That thing looks bananas. I would like to upgrade eventually, but this bike is comfortable, fast, and (most importantly) not currently broken.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

slidebite posted:

So, folks, what's the opinion for using gasket sealant when doing a waterpump/thermostat? I've always used RTV of some sort, but recently been reading people saying not to and just use the gaskets themselves and call it a day. That's genuinely never crossed my mind until now.

Thoughts?

Scrape the block mating surface with a plastic scraper, put a VERY thin layer of RTV (paper thin smeared on with a fingertip) on both sides of the gasket if it's a paper or cork gasket. If it's a rubber gasket, lube it with a little oil of some kind instead of RTV.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Got it for a song too!

This is cool. Make a thread. Living in Utah people are way to ‘I know what I have’ with regard to their Jeeps and if one is cheap then it is trash to the highest degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I've got Grabber AT2s. They're great, but noisy.