Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Aye Doc posted:

my working theory for the presence of squeaky, overjoyed cormier is that joe and DC took some mdma before the fight

no chance unless joe slipped him some. dc is the type of guy to conflate legality with morality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

rest his guts posted:

DC sounds giddy-drunk. Maybe just an overgrown baby

He's been stuck in his hotel room since Wednesday of last week, since he worked the last event too, he loving had a TV delivered to him from Walmart just to have a bigger screen to play NBA 2k on. (which he intends to return when he's done with it, lmao)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1269437981192081408

This is DC, right?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

it would be funny since he could literally influence judging since everyone there can hear the commentary team, but I wouldnt bet on it going 5 rounds so :shrug:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Eat This Glob posted:

it would be funny since he could literally influence judging since everyone there can hear the commentary team, but I wouldnt bet on it going 5 rounds so :shrug:

Pro fighters are allowed to bet on the results of their own fights in Vegas, so kinda double :shrug:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

This loving rules. Go Amanda.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Oops, missed the first minute of the fight.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
Oh this is absolutely brutal

Brut posted:

He's been stuck in his hotel room since Wednesday of last week, since he worked the last event too, he loving had a TV delivered to him from Walmart just to have a bigger screen to play NBA 2k on. (which he intends to return when he's done with it, lmao)

rich people :/ actually gently caress Walmart whatever

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

You didn't say what I think you said...
Bruce Leeroy killing a guy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I was just reading an old Dave Meltzer article about Ben Askren and got hype to see the spirit of him alive in another MMA fighter, but boy this kid kinda stinks

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Jesus Christ I must have seen this Bruce Lee ad like 500 times by now.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Jesus christ, they shouldn't let that kid come out for round two. This is ridiculous.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Aye Doc posted:

I was just reading an old Dave Meltzer article about Ben Askren and got hype to see the spirit of him alive in another MMA fighter, but boy this kid kinda stinks

as far as I know Hooper isn't a confirmed MAGA chud so how dare you?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

acejackson42 posted:

Jesus christ, they shouldn't let that kid come out for round two. This is ridiculous.

Its not nearly that bad.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Why do I get the sense this is a preview of the main event?

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Chekov needs to work on his standup.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

acejackson42 posted:

He's getting beaten, but it's not like Smith the other week.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Its not nearly that bad.

i agree, hooper is bad but he's not getting destroyed like the Brain Trauma? Jesus Got My Back guy or Anthony Smith

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Caceras effortlessly escaping these grappling situations

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
it just seems like Hooper has no strength at all. that takedown attempt when he had his back was pathetic.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Yeah, I'm just shellshocked after that crap, I guess. He came on at the end of the first and looks okay now.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

oof that high kick miss

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rest his guts posted:

it just seems like Hooper has no strength at all. that takedown attempt when he had his back was pathetic.

Man he's 20, what are you going to do. He's at least 6-8 years away from his physical peak.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

ccubed posted:

Chekov needs to work on his standup.

This feels like such a mismatch, they need to put the parking brake on this fight

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hooper may be the most unnaturally awkward striker I have seen in my life.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Memento posted:

Man he's 20, what are you going to do. He's at least 6-8 years away from his physical peak.

i meant pathetic in the sympathetic sense of the word, but I hear you. not trying to be too critical it's just apparent it's an area where he can improve

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

He jumps in on the exact same timing with a 1 2 every single time.

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Hooper isn't going to die in there, but holy crap he shouldn't be in there against Caceras. He's just clowning on him, in all aspects.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's a bad matchup. 31 year old with 30+ fights against a 20 year old with 9. Even if the 20 year old is the most amazing prodigy, the experience gap is enormous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bad night for Jesse Eisenberg.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

DC getting mixed up about which Teymur brother Chase fought is pretty funny. Also they need to stop calling him "the kid".

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
Cool to see he's tough as poo poo. Just needs to fight in a less competitive league and develop a little striking and strength.

Also maybe move away from Enumclaw, Washington to anywhere else.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

thought hooper being that much of a favorite seemed way ahead of itself

acejackson42
Mar 27, 2005

Caceras just took it easy on him after the first round and pretty much that first knockdown. He could have murdered that dude.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

thought hooper being that much of a favorite seemed way ahead of itself

Yeah I was rooting for Chase to win but -220 seemed like bad odds, realistically.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

"I know I'm a gatekeeper right now, but today I proved that I'm not" (By keeping that gate) lmao

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me

Brut posted:

"I know I'm a gatekeeper right now, but today I proved that I'm not" (By keeping that gate) lmao

I imagine he feels quite vindicated after those odds. Would another loss have sent him out of the league?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Brut posted:

yeah lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I will literally never get tired of seeing Nunes put Cyborg face down onto the canvas with that second overhand right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
oh cool Nunes is a Bolsonaro gal. very good