Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/sgtgary/status/1269861222524076043?s=19

AZ hitting the burn pit stage of uncontrolled pandemic death

BIG IRON IN EACH HAND WHISKEY OUT THE BOTTLE EXPLOSIONS IN BACKGROUND WILD WEST MOTHERFUCK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/WTAE/status/1269927176264171521?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1269930952962211846?s=20

coke
Jul 12, 2009
open er up unironically except the borders

also lol @ that they let the plague crew into the country for avatar 2 and everyone got mad

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/02/avatar-2-crew-james-cameron-fly-in-to-coronavirus-row-in-new-zealand

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Got a COVID test in Friday. Getting tubed today it was negative and because it was required before my shoulder surgery that's been delayed for the last three months because of the shutdown of non essential surgeries im glad that im back in the path to having two working arms again.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 12:06 on Jun 8, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

coke posted:

also lol @ that they let the plague crew into the country for avatar 2 and everyone got mad

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/02/avatar-2-crew-james-cameron-fly-in-to-coronavirus-row-in-new-zealand

I mean, just set up a two week quarantine hotel like South Korea does, test everyone coming in several times, easy peasy

Put stickers on everyone incoming and threaten to deport them if they remove the stickers

Put ankle bracelets on everyone incoming

coke
Jul 12, 2009
they probably dont even need to do that if they are filming in isolation in a remote location eg. the place where tom cruise shot one of the mission impossible scene near the water is like 100 miles away from another town and can only be accessed by one single road beyond a one mile long one-way tunnel

have some nice nz scenery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcCTmlXFHCg

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

coke posted:

hahaha lmao avatar 2 is going to fuckin bomb so hard

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

movies in general, good luck convincing anyone who paid attention to go to a movie theater

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Congrats, NZ :toot:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

Firstly, it's not coming out for another year and a half, and secondly maybe they just need to rewrite the script to make it about police brutality and communicable diseases.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
The Na'vi are now both black and native American.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I figured it out, the 'rona will be over when disinfectant wipes are regularly back in stock. I haven't seen any for about 6 weeks now and we're down to our last tube.

Toilet paper is back, bleach is back, and I'm starting to see both vinyl and nitrile gloves back in stock. Come on Clorox! I need your wipes!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Number is rocketing towards the heavens.

Anything come of the CDC adjusted covid deaths adding 50k? None of the reporting sites seemed to add them in.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mr Hootington posted:

Anything come of the CDC adjusted covid deaths adding 50k? None of the reporting sites seemed to add them in.

:lol: the local news isn't even covering deaths or infections today. It was all about what's opening and the newscasters are absolutely giddy they can go to the zoo again.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Xaris posted:

is america open for business yet

I NEED HAIR CUT NOW

The last time I got my hair cut professionally was in 2017 (I think, might have been earlier in 2018, I honestly have no concept of time) and it was at a Black owned barber shop where they do crazy fades and stuff. It was literally just the closet place that had an opening and at the time my husband and I were about to get a divorce, like the paperwork was with the judge, and I wanted to chop off my butt length hair to above my shoulders. It was decided that the only woman who was there should cut my hair, the 2 guys were terrified of me, and we had a blast and we had the best conversation.

The 2 guys had 3 clients come in and 2 finished and left and the other 1 stayed and we all chatted about BS and just laughed our asses off much longer than a typical haircut should have lasted. During the time 1 boomer white dude stuck his head in thinking that it was like a SuperCuts or something like that and upon seeing them bugged out and left in a serious panic. It was really disheartening because they were such fantastic people and the shop was super nice.

I had only had my hair trimmed and colored before that back around 2012 at some fancy place and it was a dreadful experience full of suburban soccer moms who used to do blow off of each other's tits but pretend it didn't happen since they popped out kids and found Jesus and I really hope that the haircut place I most recently went to can somehow weather this BS because they really helped me through a tough time and I don't think they even realized it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/TheStalwart/status/1269769568731443201

an interesting theory. explains how australia and new zealand are having such better autumns than brazil. makes a lot more sense than the bcg nonsense!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tempting fate

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

poty posted:

an interesting theory. explains how australia and new zealand are having such better autumns than brazil. makes a lot more sense than the bcg nonsense!

uhh, it hit the west coast first (after asia)

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Iron Crowned posted:

I figured it out, the 'rona will be over when disinfectant wipes are regularly back in stock. I haven't seen any for about 6 weeks now and we're down to our last tube.

Toilet paper is back, bleach is back, and I'm starting to see both vinyl and nitrile gloves back in stock. Come on Clorox! I need your wipes!

I haven't seen TP or any kind of cleaning products in about two months now. It's just not there, ever. I'm glad that my wife and I have, as a matter of habit, done a huge paper goods stockup twice a year at CostCo for a long time now. We're still good. At some point we might have to stop making GBS threads entirely though

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wamsutta posted:

I haven't seen TP or any kind of cleaning products in about two months now. It's just not there, ever. I'm glad that my wife and I have, as a matter of habit, done a huge paper goods stockup twice a year at CostCo for a long time now. We're still good. At some point we might have to stop making GBS threads entirely though

Where do you live? Here in Ohio, the paper towels and toilet paper have been fully stocked for about two weeks now. Prior to that it was seeing the aisle empty except for where they got a pallet of 4 packs or something, and goddamned right I was buying a 4 pack of TP if it was available.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

FAUXTON posted:

Based on the size of the plume, we can estimate that the number of bodies being burned each day is on the order of 1-1.5k in Phoenix alone. For Arizona as a whole it's probably closer to 3-5k dead, with some of them likely just getting burried in the desert.

Mr Hootington posted:

Washington had them release that to percolate amongst critics of the regime, then put pressure on the media to suppress it. The whole point is to make the people trying to figure out the actual death toll look like nutjobs, so the majority will keep accepting the parties' narrative.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

The Alpha Centauri posted:

sure but not that hard. that said im mostly kidding its just a silly coincidence. brazil is more to the east than the us east coast, and it got there much later

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thoguh posted:

That's my plan. A vaccine is way off, if it ever happens, but improvements in treatment as time goes on is a reasonable thing to hope for.

My wife is on an immunosuppressant due to Crohn's Disease, we don't have this particular luxury.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is on an immunosuppressant due to Crohn's Disease, we don't have this particular luxury.

don't think you have much choice tbh

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

I can't really tell sometimes in this thread if people are doomers or goofing on doomers but this smoke plume is coming from a giant structure fire in the southern part of the metro area

Apr 7, 2003

brugroffil posted:

don't think you have much choice tbh

We really are going to start pounding our dicks with hammers while we scream "THERE IS NO OTHER WAY," and in a decade they're going to call this a success story.

I turn 40 this year, my wife is 42, under normal circumstances I wouldn't be too worried about this disease but she has this medication that fucks her up and she spends a lot of time with her 96 year old grandmother. Also not a big fan of murdering all the 60+ people we know via contact.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

The Alpha Centauri posted:

oh yeah, then why weren't there any cases in california, smart guy?!?!

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

poty posted:

Not sure what the theory this but...

what could possible send tons of AZ people inside in June?

Hot places means people inside sucking on infected AC, we'll see rises in cases where there is a proliferation of ac, sunny hot outside temperature, and loose application of social distancing

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
My wife and I are both full time wfh and we've had her parents, both in their 60s with various risk factors, helping with babysitting three days a week. We've been operating as one single (somewhat extended) household for the past few months.

Now MA is opening back up and I'm feeling some pressure to get back to work, but I can't put my in-laws at risk. It's either full time wfh or we both take partial childcare leave.

Supposedly our daycare opens back up at the end of the month but I just don't know what to do - putting our son back into daycare, even with precautions, means he doesn't get to see his grandparents for a long while in case he brings the roni home.

Look, we're lucky, we both have jobs and help with childcare and weathered the initial storm and lockdown here. But opening up means new, difficult choices in so many ways.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Which streaming service do you think is going to buy the exclusive rights to 3 and 4 after 2 fails to make back its budget?

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

snoo posted:

so try to put off your inevitable infection as long as you can since they learn more and more as time goes on

open er up

This but also the mild cases that are overlooked and/or nominal in terms of symptoms are easier to spread, and if some of them aren't an immune system responding effectively but instead a weaker presentation of symptoms, then you end up with that theory that this gets folded into the usual gang of suspects for seasonal illnesses, though the degree to which future infections affect the workforce will determine the aggressiveness of finding a cure.

If it still kills olds left and right, it's probably going to either be eradicated to spare the extremely wealthy the worry of "suddenly dying to the roni" or capitalism is going to let it be to cull the retirement burdens and funnel their end-of-life savings right into the hospital industry; if it just slams employees for two weeks seasonally, it's going to look like the flu vaccine solution, and if it's minor/asymptomatic, then nobody is going to care anymore, even if it lowkey turns your lungs into water balloons, because paying poor people to get healthcare is not a thing that going to happen, and suffering is a non-issue to capitalism, as long as it doesn't affect productivity.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Which streaming service do you think is going to buy the exclusive rights to 3 and 4 after 2 fails to make back its budget?

They're being produced by a studio owned by Disney, so I'm assuming Disney+

As long as it's not on HBO Max

May 11, 2007

Contains Carbon Monoxide
We got the coolzone, now we get the hotzone

https://twitter.com/jeremyphoward/status/1269995211817713666?s=19

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Vishass posted:

I can't really tell sometimes in this thread if people are doomers or goofing on doomers but this smoke plume is coming from a giant structure fire in the southern part of the metro area

it's making fun of when people used to do earnestly do this about china before covid hit the us

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

number definitely go up

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

power word- Jeb! posted:

it's making fun of when people used to do earnestly do this about china before covid hit the us

It got a good chuckle out of me :unsmith:

Apr 7, 2003

lol

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

That's one way to turn Texas blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin