Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buttcoin purse posted:

Thanks, I didn't want to watch that whole thing, but enjoyed reading a short summary of the crazy. Was this "Surviving Edged Weapons" the inspiration for "Cautionary Tales of Swords"? :v:

If you have time it’s honestly worth watching it’s hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

pantslesswithwolves posted:

That's great news, but really it's just police looking into maintaining their "broad tactical capability." I don't know if skills in probability and statistics would enable one to say that if no more armed police shootings pop up in X days then there's a 99.999% chance there are no unjustifiable police uses of force at all, given how many people are committing crimes?

:vince:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1270211829424222208?s=19

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
https://youtu.be/MYwd0Wus5Ik

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Maybe the prime minister of New Zealand should grant emergency refugee citizenship status to spouses and ex-spouses of American LEO officers. Might as well put them at the front of the line.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pryor on Fire posted:

Maybe the prime minister of New Zealand should grant emergency refugee citizenship status to spouses and ex-spouses of American LEO officers. Might as well put them at the front of the line.

Functionally eradicating Coronavirus just to invite an outbreak of Karenavirus.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

In this tweet, the President of the United States alleges that a 75 year old man who sustained a severe head injury at the hands of the Buffalo Brownshirts was actually an Antifa agitator attempting to “black out” police comms by marching to the front of the line and “scanning” them.

The brain worms are FEASTING today, much to the detriment of everyone else.

Edit: can the President be sued for slander?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Can launcher with a $5-600 Eotech XPS2 on it :thunk:

With an electrical taped flashlight...

That one sight is as much as a 1st grade teacher spends on their classroom out of their own pocket for a term I reckon.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

In this tweet, the President of the United States alleges that a 75 year old man who sustained a severe head injury at the hands of the Buffalo Brownshirts was actually an Antifa agitator attempting to “black out” police comms by marching to the front of the line and “scanning” them.

Trump poo poo posts so much it's actually hard to sue him for libel and slander because a reasonable person would decide its performative or something like that.

He would have to make an incredibly direct statement to be at risk

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

No. Since these are official statements by the President of the United States and not personal communications, they are protected by sovereign immunity.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Enjoy the source because I'm not going to:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1270339212034936835?s=19

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Well, he’s off to the races early.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/iGxfNl9C6CQ

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

New lows every time. gently caress this guy so hard.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

That one sight is as much as a 1st grade teacher spends on their classroom out of their own pocket for a term I reckon.

Someone's been playing too much Call of Duty :bustem:

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

That Works posted:

New lows every time. gently caress this guy so hard.

I don't think this is lower than him mocking a disabled man, and then still winning the presidency.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

That Works posted:

The optic is very important if you're trying use that thing to hit someone in the eye!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I know it's such a minor thing, but I've never seen one of his tweets get ratioed before.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

The optic is very important if you're trying use that thing to hit someone in the eye!

For real I’m struggling to think up a legit reason you’d need not just a holo sight but a loving eotech for a system with drop off as severe as that.

Like maybe for getting your left/right set up when trying to get it in a window? I still don’t know why you wouldn’t go with a leaf sight.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

At least one Bay Area department (menlo park) has nunchucks as an option instead of baton. Got a free example on me how effective they are.
This part of the essay ran extremely true for me from my time in academy.

In fact, let me tell you about an extremely formative experience: in my police academy class, we had a clique of around six trainees who routinely bullied and harassed other students: intentionally scuffing another trainee’s shoes to get them in trouble during inspection, sexually harassing female trainees, cracking racist jokes, and so on. Every quarter, we were to write anonymous evaluations of our squadmates. I wrote scathing accounts of their behavior, thinking I was helping keep bad apples out of law enforcement and believing I would be protected. Instead, the academy staff read my complaints to them out loud and outed me to them and never punished them, causing me to get harassed for the rest of my academy class. That’s how I learned that even police leadership hates rats. That’s why no one is “changing things from the inside.” They can’t, the structure won’t allow it.

I was naive to believe that I could have been a positive part of the solution. Instead I’m now grateful I couldn’t get hired from my record of not lying or cheating for my coworkers. Probably saved my soul.

:golfclap:

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

Richard Bong posted:

For real I’m struggling to think up a legit reason you’d need not just a holo sight but a loving eotech for a system with drop off as severe as that.

Like maybe for getting your left/right set up when trying to get it in a window? I still don’t know why you wouldn’t go with a leaf sight.

Holo sights are easier than anything else to use with a mask on. Dot on target or over or whatever for drop, boom.

They're probably just optics thrown on from their armory that would otherwise be used on a patrol rifle. You know, because America.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

WHY THE gently caress IS THIS A THING

gently caress THESE PEOPLE

JESUS loving CHRIST gently caress IT ALL

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Because big strong daddy Trump needs the approval of bigger stronger daddy Putin

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Richard Bong posted:

The arms dealers don't make as much money selling police departments leaf sights

crazyivan45
Apr 30, 2008
Random anecdote but if you have an astigmatism it’s extremely difficult to use a conventional red dot site. I’ve tried dozens and always thought they were broken, instead it’s my eyes that are broken. I see 2 dots in a blob instead of an actual dot. Prism sights or poo poo like the eotech are what are recommend if you have misshapen eyes like me, and that shits expensive as gently caress. I just use irons on everything. Only rifle I have is an M1 that would be absolutely criminal to put an optic on

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Richard Bong posted:

Yeah isn't the fig leaf with these things that they're "supposed" to be bounced off the pavement and not direct fired? That sight tears the mask off more than anything we've seen so far

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/threadreaderapp/status/1270109155228110852?s=21

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

crazyivan45 posted:

Random anecdote but if you have an astigmatism it’s extremely difficult to use a conventional red dot site. I’ve tried dozens and always thought they were broken, instead it’s my eyes that are broken. I see 2 dots in a blob instead of an actual dot. Prism sights or poo poo like the eotech are what are recommend if you have misshapen eyes like me, and that shits expensive as gently caress. I just use irons on everything. Only rifle I have is an M1 that would be absolutely criminal to put an optic on

Ughhhh I have this in my left eye and it drives me nuts, it's like half my vision has a slightly softer focus.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Riot Carol Danvers posted:

Donnie can't get high off Fox News anymore

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

a 75 year old man in chemotherapy

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

a 75 year old man in chemotherapy

ANTIFA SENIORS ON CHEMO CANT FEEL PAIN THATS WHY WE HAD TO CRACK HIS SKULL!!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Y'all should read this whole thing. I don't want to spoil the comedy.

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1270397157149900803?s=19

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Every online GOP senator/rep going to have to pretend they’ve never heard of the president’s twitter account again today.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Every online GOP senator/rep going to have to pretend they’ve never heard of the president’s twitter account again today.

Maybe Romney does the bare minimum again.

Not gonna hold my breath though.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Laughing Zealot posted:

Maybe Romney does the bare minimum again.

Not gonna hold my breath though.

Reporters have actually been bringing the tweet, printed, to Republican senators as they scurry away as quickly as they can. Rubio pretended that he doesn't even read twitter.

Romney kinda didn't.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1270402765119008769?s=19

https://twitter.com/burgessev/status/1270405380624060421?s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 9, 2020

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1270377369761701888?s=20

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

facialimpediment posted:

Reporters have actually been bringing the tweet, printed, to Republican senators as they scurry away as quickly as they can. Rubio pretended that he doesn't even read twitter.

Romney kinda didn't.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1270402765119008769?s=19

What a weakass response by Mr. Alexander. Either the tweets are official statements by the President, meaning that you have to warrant them with a response, or they aren't.

Oh, drat, I forgot that these are Republicans. Never mind.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

mlmp08 posted:

Whats a Trump?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
That's all conservatives have, weak comments. Whataboutism and straw men while talking fast and loud are their only debate tactics.

They've got to be one of the dumbest political groups in human history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

Y'all should read this whole thing. I don't want to spoil the comedy.

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1270397157149900803?s=19

I love that these dorks in the FBI seem to confuse RE: FWD: FWD: emails from their Freeper buddies confused with LES/NOFORN/FOUO cables.