Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

They'd better add some more R99 skins based on the Zero Point base model at some point, it's really not fair that new players can't get it :whitewater:

or go back and redesign the skins with better iron sights than the default model to get rid of the advantage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

repiv posted:

They'd better add some more R99 skins based on the Zero Point base model at some point, it's really not fair that new players can't get it :whitewater:

or go back and redesign the skins with better iron sights than the default model to get rid of the advantage

What are the guns that benefit from legendary skins?

The only two normal ones are tube r99 and thin wingman right?

And then the S4 pass had both good flatline and r99.

I think that's it? My kingdom for some good scout irons.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I thought early on they changed the R-99 zero point sights to be more in line with the basic model?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
i think flatline ironsights are rough no matter the skin because of how it's spray pattern works. That said I like the hazard pay skin and I own the store recolor "cobalt expanse" that's also nice.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
The sights on the last flatline BP skin were nuts

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I thought early on they changed the R-99 zero point sights to be more in line with the basic model?

i don't recall them ever being changed, took some screenshots just now to check

tube legendary

zero point

zero point with hcog for comparison

repiv fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 9, 2020

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Waroduce posted:

the banners are 200 yards from cypto or 200 from the banner cause thats a hell of a mechanical difference

from crypto, but when you use the new callout pings they added it adds a little 'enemies were here' symbol to the banner you ping, which is bad and confusing!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I hate these quest story parts because in my head I’m doing terrible impressions of the characters

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

I already forgot the story and I think I have to replay the quests after they are all available.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Weebly posted:

I love these quest story parts because in my head I’m doing awesome impressions of the characters

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

kanonvandekempen posted:

When they made the change to max level (it went from max level = 100 to 500) I had about 50 loot boxes to open. There was not a single interesting item in any of them. It's not like I ever bought one before, I live in Belgium so loot boxes are greyed out in the shop, but man, I really don't understand why anyone would spend money on them.

Just in case you didn't know this, as far as Electronic Arts is concerned, anyone can set their place of residence to Belgium. This is a really quick setting and is reversible if you change your mind. This converts all the paid-for Apex packs in the Battle Pass into crafting materials, but still allows you to earn Apex packs through levels 1-500 and Loba's quest. It's not retroactive, so if you have unopened packs, you can't magically convert them into crafting mats after they are sitting on your lobby screen(I tried....)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...gion-to-belgium

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

A pubbie and I pretty much 2 manned a win in trios, I think that was the best match I've ever been in

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Sputnik posted:

Just in case you didn't know this, as far as Electronic Arts is concerned, anyone can set their place of residence to Belgium. This is a really quick setting and is reversible if you change your mind. This converts all the paid-for Apex packs in the Battle Pass into crafting materials, but still allows you to earn Apex packs through levels 1-500 and Loba's quest. It's not retroactive, so if you have unopened packs, you can't magically convert them into crafting mats after they are sitting on your lobby screen(I tried....)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...gion-to-belgium

Why didn't i know about this before :(

edit: nvm, figured it out

burexas.irom fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 9, 2020

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mirage's battlepass emote is great :allears:

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
getting really sick of being a barely over 1.0 K/D player, ughhh

like 1 out of every 10-15 games I'll have one good game where I actually feel good about all the time I've played on it, but most of the time it's "maybe helping someone with a kill or losing a 1 on 1 by like 20-30 damage" which is so aggravating!

the frustrating part is that I can criticize myself and figure out what to do better, but I don't do it when all the shooting and craziness starts :(

edit: and of course I banish all the bad out and win the next game :v:

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jun 9, 2020

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I have the exact same problem, the answer is to do more work in the firing range and work on mindset. Drill yourself in the firing range until it becomes habit. Then work on staying focused. You should not be nervous at all, ever.

Using this technique I am very slowly teaching myself new skills.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Not even firing range, i think a lot of it is putting yourself in positions where you can take shots at a guy while presenting as little of yourself as possible. It's also far easier to learn and have that helping you rather than trying to drill stock r99 one clips.

Don't get me wrong, being able to do that owns, but i think 90% of all fights are won via positioning before the fight starts happening.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

dogstile posted:

Don't get me wrong, being able to do that owns, but i think 90% of all fights are won via positioning before the fight starts happening.

Politely disagree, because I really worked on positioning with fairly crummy aim and all that happens is that you lose every trade or miss easy shots on unsuspecting opponents. I think once you've got the aim to hang in there then your statement is true.

Edit: when I say the firing range, I mean turn on the bots so that they move around a little and practice your peeks, tracking, strafing, crouching during a fight, that kind of thing. Not just sit there and do recoil exercises. That's useful but can only take you so far.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

I hit platinum in ranked about a week ago.

I'd like to go back to playing against bad players.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Edit: when I say the firing range, I mean turn on the bots so that they move around a little and practice your peeks, tracking, strafing, crouching during a fight, that kind of thing. Not just sit there and do recoil exercises. That's useful but can only take you so far.

Yeah, I'm getting to the point in the firing range where I'm getting more comfy with the guns and keeping my aim centered that I'm gonna start turning them on every time, I think.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Peewi posted:

I hit platinum in ranked about a week ago.

I'd like to go back to playing against bad players.

Play unranked. A few of my friends hit plat and basically just quit playing ranked. Even gold feels way more sweaty now than last season

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Any theories what kind of robohead we're assembling in the quest?
A decommissioned Revenant that previously held his consciousness?

And holy poo poo, why is "Augmented Reality" a legendary banner frame for Crypto? It's the definition of eye cancer.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jun 10, 2020

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Waroduce posted:

Play unranked.

Yeah, I probably should.

I had a weird win the other day. 3 squads left, ring focused on one of the buildings at The Rig. My squad was up on the roof, one squad was inside and the last squad was underneath and we all had a bit of a standoff with people poking out once in a while.

Eventually it's down to two squads, both my teammates are down and I'm trying to heal up when one of my teammates says it's just one left. So I go over to where they're pinging and there's a Wraith trying to hide behind some stairs and I blast 'em for the win. Wraith didn't even shoot back before dying. It was my only kill that whole game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The Gaming Merchant is a solid Diamond level player who tried to go for Masters this season. I watched about 30 minutes of his stream and it was him playing in Diamond and just getting destroyed....by Plat players.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

mcbexx posted:

And holy poo poo, why is "Augmented Reality" a legendary banner frame for Crypto? It's the definition of eye cancer.

I was hoping it'd be Loba's dad. Why not? The story seems kinda a mess anyway.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

mcbexx posted:

I’m about 95% sure it’s Ash from Titanfall 2

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

runchild posted:

I’m about 95% sure it’s Ash from Titanfall 2

my favorite simulacrum, hope she comes back

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wouldn't obsess over k/d ratio. Mine is pretty low because when I play unranked with pubs, I'll yolo in and try to save them 100% of the time instead of running away

I'm just way too nice for my own good

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Do any of us play on the Xbox besides me? I’m looking for a communicative partner. I top out at Gold 1 or plat :(

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Weebly posted:

Do any of us play on the Xbox besides me? I’m looking for a communicative partner. I top out at Gold 1 or plat :(

I play on Xbox but a lot of the time it’s after my wife goes to bed. Gamertag is the same as my name here if you want to friend me, sometimes I can talk.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

runchild posted:

I play on Xbox but a lot of the time it’s after my wife goes to bed. Gamertag is the same as my name here if you want to friend me, sometimes I can talk.

Pretty much same situation here.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
gently caress silver teammates are the worst.
Multiple drops with both teammates contributing a hot 0 dmg. This is hell

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ZeusCannon posted:

gently caress silver teammates are the worst.
Multiple drops with both teammates contributing a hot 0 dmg. This is hell

I have bad news about Gold....

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I don't mind them doing little damage, what really gets me mad is when they keep on opening containers in what seems a parkwalk tempo while me and the other guy (if you are lucky) are fighting three persons who seem to understand the concept of staying close to eachother and shoot and loot the looters

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Politely disagree, because I really worked on positioning with fairly crummy aim and all that happens is that you lose every trade or miss easy shots on unsuspecting opponents. I think once you've got the aim to hang in there then your statement is true.

Maybe, but missing while in a good position means you get to try again. Doing so in a bad position means you die, so its good practice either way because having good positioning means you get more practice doing the gun part against humans who'll actually try to outthink you.

I still occasionally do some really dumb misses (usually when a wraiths involved, but they'll still complain about gibby's arm despite their hitbox being 3 pixels wide) but usually i get to try at least twice before i get destroyed. :v:

Also no video from last night of Apex.

I played vermintide and got a nasty flick on a rat assassin though! :v:

dogstile fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 10, 2020

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Also if you have good positioning and gently caress up an engagement you can disengage. The movement in this game is so crazy good it's worth practicing that as well.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Playing ranked and got spawned with just one other teammate, who then disconnected before we even dropped. So I figure, OK, don't want to lose the points so I'll grab some poo poo and hole up. Lucky enough to already be inside the ring in the huts under the waterfall in Kings Canyon and stayed there until there were 3 squads left, then rushed down as the other two were battling, hoping to catch a victorious squad while it was still hurt.

Anyway as it turned out I got some shots off, got spotted, took shelter inside a house for like one second and then all three surviving members of the final squad rushed inside and physically punched me to death. Not one of them even tried to shoot, they just mobbed me and shoved me up into a corner and bashed me. It was pretty funny but how could they tell that I suck and that I was alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

New Bloodhound legendary skin confirmed.