Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

On top of everything else, could Sci and Nad stop loving putting their own words into quote blocks from other people? It makes it impossible to quote what they're saying and respond to without going to the additional work of copy--pasting.

It's not a giant deal, but I'm already annoyed as hell by both of them, primarily Nad, and there's no reason to do it except to make it even more of a waste of time to argue with them.

Anyway, here is another flat out lie by Sci:

Scientastic posted:

After calling merk town for ages, the execution looked inevitable, and he jumps on with a pisspoor vote.

I'm just skimming quickly on my lunchbreak but this jumped out at me because I don't remember ever having had a town read on Merk.

So I double-checked, and I never did any such thing.

My vote on Merk was admittedly a lazy one, but prior to that I never had much of a read on him because he was basically lurking. The only thing I said about him prior to voting was that I had to make time to go and read over his fight with Sci, because I was suspicious of Sci. (And yes, I never did get back to that because, again, I'm super busy and signing up for a game this size was a mistake... also because he got lunched and made the whole thing moot except as it regards Sci.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mr. Humalong posted:

Yeah idk about pursuing xopods

Guy feels more town than scum to me

agree

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I feel very good about Nad's towniness rn.

Sci has been pinging me all game but I haven't been able to put it into words.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I went back and checked, but hambeet does not make any claims. So the double Mason is still unknown.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nad, perhaps I didn't get it, but can you explain why you think Jose's last words will be such a slam dunk? Even if we get their target the night they died, that doesn't even confirm that person does it?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

Nad, perhaps I didn't get it, but can you explain why you think Jose's last words will be such a slam dunk? Even if we get their target the night they died, that doesn't even confirm that person does it?

It’s because Jose’s night action kills him if he targets scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

this isn't an attempt to gotcha anyone

how many mafia we think are left? 2?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

All the people saying they have a town read on Xopods are wrong

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Scientastic posted:

All the people saying they have a town read on Xopods are wrong

It doesn’t get much better that this

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Case closed

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scientastic posted:

It’s because Jose’s night action kills him if he targets scum

Amnistar posted:

Jose Valasquez, Technopollis Town-Aligned Nurse was found at the center of a magical circle, with a sigil written in blood on their forehead.

I took this as JoseV was a deliberate scum kill, not his ish backfiring. If his ish backfiring has the same flavor as the scumkill that's a little frustrating, unless it overrode their kill choice.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I think they want to know his target to see if they can clear someone

Of course we have to assume the order of operations on the part of the mods here

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Sandwolf posted:

Two makes most sense to me. That would mean five at the start of the game, plus one SK. In a game of 26, that sounds about right.

I don’t think it’s three, because 7:19 non-town to town is very harsh, and likewise one seems unlikely, because 5:21 is biased to town.

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

HEY BAD GUYS, THIS IS THE VICE PRESIDENT, PLEASE DON'T KILL HIM!
It wouldn't clear anyone. But yeah I was hoping to see if he targeted someone scummy or not. I've wondered if his kill was a concious choice by the cult or happened because of his role

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

xopods posted:

On top of everything else, could Sci and Nad stop loving putting their own words into quote blocks from other people? It makes it impossible to quote what they're saying and respond to without going to the additional work of copy--pasting.

NEVER!

It's not a giant deal, but I'm already annoyed as hell by both of them, primarily Nad, and there's no reason to do it except to make it even more of a waste of time to argue with them.

Anyway, here is another flat out lie by Sci:

I'm just skimming quickly on my lunchbreak but this jumped out at me because I don't remember ever having had a town read on Merk.

So I double-checked, and I never did any such thing.

Sorry, this is correct, Xopods didn’t make much of an alignment call, it was the attacking Maigius and casting doubt on him that I didn’t like, I misstated later that he had called him town

I’ll stop doing this now, it just seemed amusing to do it one last time

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I’m going to do something cool in the night, and I’d appreciate it if the beneficiary kept quiet about it, thanks in advance

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sandwolf posted:

Two seems like a good guess, yeah. I'm still not ruling out the possibility of other scum, but I doubt it's another entire mafia, there just aren't the numbers to support that at this point.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scientastic posted:

Two makes most sense to me. That would mean five at the start of the game, plus one SK. In a game of 26, that sounds about right.

I don’t think it’s three, because 7:19 non-town to town is very harsh, and likewise one seems unlikely, because 5:21 is biased to town.

I agree it's two, but think the ratio is slightly worse because a town dies when we kill the SK

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

I've been told multiple times that a) Merk doesn't bus teammates b) Sci is known for bussing his teammates hard

If this is true how can you look at the way they both interacted with Merk and think Sci is Scum yet Maigius is Town?

This has been bugging me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Maigius didn't have to tell us it was merk or could have done more to portray my grave-acts as scummy. Feels like a deadend. We'd also lose night-grave intel.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Idk what the gently caress Sci is known for I’m just saying I wouldn’t put it past him

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I have literally never bussed a scum buddy unless they looked like they were hosed already

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wouldn’t put it past him

But regardless this is a more sensible stance, I might have just decided to do it this game

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

We were on the same team in the recent HP game, Hum! I’m pretty sure I didn’t bus you at all...

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Scientastic posted:

I dunno 5 scum in a 26 player game seems low to me, even when factoring in the sk

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Maigius didn't have to tell us it was merk or could have done more to portray my grave-acts as scummy. Feels like a deadend. We'd also lose night-grave intel.

You specifically asked him

Sandwolf posted:

Any reason you can think why they were then, in the same night and theoretically simultaneous with your action, disturbed from that burial?

Maigius posted:

Someone else was grave robbing.

Maigius posted:

Like I said my role is interesting. We do know for sure that someone took PQ's tech items though.
Jun 2nd 19:14 and then at 19:22

Maigius posted:

As I'm likely dead either way by the end of N2, I guess I'll say this. I have another facet to my power, I know who disturbed PQ's grave. Merk did. I know this counts for nothing right now, but keep that in mind.

June 3rd 12:59

He posted 3 times in between these posts on the 2nd 22:45, 23:43, and then 3rd 10:29 so it wasn't like he left. It's the wait that is bugging me.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

You know, thinking about it, my role could be described as watcher, but for dead people. Man I really botched my claim.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

b-minus1 posted:

I dunno 5 scum in a 26 player game seems low to me, even when factoring in the sk

Okay we take out the 3rd party pair, we get 24.

Typically scum are 25% right?

24/4= 6 maybe b minus is right

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Taking out the third party pair seems dangerous to me, I would generally say a 3:1 ratio of town to non-town is about right, 5 scum, 1SK, 1 survivor(ish) and 19 town sounds right to me.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Having said that, I very recently won a game by convincing people that the scum team was actually one person smaller than it was and withholding kills to “prove” it, so I agree we should be cautious

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I lean towards three left I guess.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

And just in case Steak is reading along, it was a loving masterstroke

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i missed the entire end of that day huh

wild

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

xopods posted:

[*]Insists Jed is the right lunch, but doesn't vote.

I did vote you loving walnut.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

xopods posted:

Capitalist Pig

• Fakeclaims Jester, then one-shot lie detector, then N0 cop, then Mason recruiter. All obviously not intended to be taken seriously except maybe Mason recruiter, which he keeps going for days.
  • Votes Spoonsy
  • Aggressively refuses to read the thread or provide any content of his own
  • Says he's willing to vote Steak instead, changes vote 37 minutes later after several more votes come in on Steak. I believe this is the ninth vote on Steak when Spoonsy was at maybe 7 and prior to CPig moving, had been the lunch leader.
  • Switches back and forth several more times (including a self-vote), ultimately landing on Steak
  • Defends self with the "scum would be trying harder not to get lunched" line
  • D2, claims recruiter role is genuine and he was RBed.
  • Votes merk.
  • Calls Jed scum.
  • Gets snarky on D2 with people accusing him of "not playing" after having aggressively said he's not playing D1
  • Claims action failed again
  • Would vote for Sal, but wants to stick with merk
  • D3, claims action succeeded. Says it wasn't on Jose or Nep. (Note to self: include latter bit next time updating claim list)
  • Wants to know if anything happened to Nep
  • Votes DGK
  • "I told you so" after DGK dies at night
  • Continues with Mason Recruiter claim until Xopods claims, whereupon he recants
  • Insists Jed is the right lunch, but doesn't vote.

Analysis

Best thing going for him is that he has voted correctly every time (if we assume he would have eventually voted for Jed yesterday if needed).

Points against him are lurking and treating the Mason recruiter fakeclaim as serious for a while.

However, those are both on-meta. More importantly, they were unnecessary and have no upside for Scum that doesn't involve Town WIFOMing ourselves.

That is, fakeclaiming Mason Recruiter confers no advantage, and is so intrinsically confirmable that fakeclaiming it guarantees that you eventually have to recant. So you're just lying in a way that guarantees you eventually have to admit to lying (possibly at an inopportune moment) and gain no tangible benefit in the short term. People might believe you're not doing the NK, but that doesn't make you not scum in the early game.

Likewise, overtly lurking and refusing to post content is easily avoided as Scum and attracts attention with no upside. I hate that he made that argument himself, but reluctantly have to acknowledge that it's true.

In a vacuum, his behavior could be Scum attempting to coast through the first few days. In a vacuum, voting for non-Town every day could be Scum bussing for Town cred.

But together those two strategies would seem at odds if he were Scum. You can't get a lot of Town cred for voting for your scum buddies while also playing a "too scummy to be scum" gambit and downplaying how much attention you're paying to where you put your vote.

Merk kinda made his own lunch inevitable, as did Jed, but it wouldn't have been that hard for Cpig to stay on Spoonsy or vote Nep-Nep if he were Scum attempting to pose as lazy Town.

Verdict

I reverse my read. I think Cpig's Town.

Also this whole post is a bunch of nonsense.

Not hunting for scum, just a ton of words to say someone is town.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

What if CPig is a dayvig who has played it cool this long

Gosh that would rock

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CPig shoot Hum

LordNad
Nov 18, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Also this whole post is a bunch of nonsense.

Not hunting for scum, just a ton of words to say someone is town.

I called it when he said he was going to "do an analysis" on you

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’d be fine dying to prove my towniness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

The smoothbrained scum are obviously too scared to attempt to even target me