Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Truecon420 posted:

... can you elaborate on that

arkhan was doing his nagash summoning ritual which eltharion wanted to stop. eltharion had to use his special sword to break through the force bubble around the ritual, but in doing so broke his sword. he realised that even though he had a cool magic gem that gave him magical powers, he was still a lot weaker magically than arkhan, so his strategy was instead to wrassle arkhan and break his head off on the rim of a toilet. it was a pretty ballsy move, but arkhan grabbed eltharion's wrist and used curse of years to melt him.

arkhan kills the most named characters out of anyone in the end times:

- bullies Kemmler to death. kemmler gets pissed at being called a servant of nagash and betrays arkhan to join the chaos side. he tries to steal a magic staff arkhan wanted and arkhan catches him. he literally says 'you're the lichemaster, i'm the liche, you're gonna have to prove your name here or die' before he turns kemmler into a wet spot on the carpet. kind of a lovely end for kemmler, who was the first special character in warhammer fantasy.

- sacrifices the fey enchantress as part of a ritual to bring back nagash.

- robocops eltharion

- blows up nekaph, who is settra's bodyguard and the closest thing he has to a son (outside of the many sons he had who he doesn't care for)

the guy who gets the most destruction done during the end times is ol Ikit Claw:

- gasses the entirety of Kharaz-a-Kharak with poison wind, killing metric tons of dwarfs

- blows up nagash's black pyramid, a structure that even the tomb kings couldn't scratch in the thousands of years they had to try, using warpstone nukes

- nagash sends prince apophas, a guy literally banned from the afterlife, to skavenblight to kill ikit in revenge. ikit somehow kills the guy whose whole thing is being unkillable, using another nuke.

- builds the morskittar cannon, a gigantic warp-lightning gun, and blows up morrslieb with it, causing hellish quantities of warpstone to rain down on the world. mazdamundi dies of a brain aneurysm preventing the meteors from destroying the world outright, but even with that almost all of lustra and the southlands is destroyed

- survives into the age of sigmar, where he invents nanobots, and commits ultra-heresy by dissecting a bunch of stormcast eternals to find out how they were made, and then making stormrat eternals of his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
And that, friends, is why we only observe the good parts of end times

like when thorgrim strangles queek :)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

End Times honestly reads like bad fanfic

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here is a idea on how to fix the Wood Elf campaign from someone who has never played it.

Steal the WAARGH campaign mechanic from Greenskins, rename it Wild Hunt with a different way to build it up or on a timer, you can mark a capital as the Wild Hunt's target and once you capture a capital you can build a worldroot building there that let's you move a 100% movement army instantly across the map to any other captured capital or your home trees for 100% of their movement, letting you defend your far reaching territory or use them as launching points for making the world a greener place.

The more powerful the faction you took the capital from, the more Amber and other bonuses it is worth.

Thoughts from anyone who has actually played the woodelf campaign?

As one of the only people who still plays Wood Elves and actually enjoys it I say it's not a bad idea, currently the Wild Hunt is a 10 turn every-so-often buff to the guy you put in charge of it that gives you loads of upkeep reduction to the army, massive movement bonuses and some other stuff I forget even though I literally kicked off a Wild Hunt last night playing the game before I went to bed. You'd think it would be more important but it's pretty much an afterthought that kicks in once you've already got a fair bit of momentum going from uniting your foresty kingdom. Making it whole-faction would be kind of nice too because it's a little weird you can't have Orion lead it himself because the Wild Hunt role is assigned with the Court Position system. That said the Wild Hunt is more an Orion thing, and Durthu doesn't even get that mechanic as part of his game because the forest doesn't tend to go nuts trying to kill things outside their borders that's more the demi-god of the hunt's thing. The whole teleporting thing I don't know if it's needed really? You can actually have a lot of armies to cover your bases with the Wood Elves because you can sack an enemy settlement for like 100k gold and you're rarely spending money on anything except the odd single building in a settlement, repopulating a ruin, or just raising another army. You can run around in debt for ages with Wood Elves even at the start and it gets ridiculous when you start stacking technologies along with blue-line buffs.

Personally I think the Wood Elves only really need their Amber system changed but I wouldn't say no to the Wild Hunt being more prominent. The Amber system mostly just needs to be turned into a generated currency more like Canoptic Jars, Oathgold or Scrap. Have it generated at a trickle per turn from all the Wood Elf-specific settlements to get you going, have the single-level settlements give a bit more spat out to balance the risk of losing them way too easily, and have captured capitals be Amber-fountains. Have missions that give Amber as a reward. Rebalance all the Amber costs for settlement upgrading, research or troop purchasing to make them in line with the new way of getting it. This way you'll have a power curve that matches the growth curve of your faction and not be reliant on massive cross-planet expansion or military alliances to get some real momentum going and actually get a good mix of all the different units in the game into your armies.

Wood Elves don't really need much more beyond that because their armies are fun to play as with lots of potential variety if only the cost of a single unit not part of your Faction's "alignment" didn't cost you exactly the same amount of Amber as special research that makes your armies immune to attrition or one piece of a rather huge number you need to upgrade the BIG TREE.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

End Times honestly reads like bad fanfic

It really does. It feels like most of the writers got a message from higher up to write the end of the world and had to scramble together whatever they could come up with on short notice.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the only good part of end times is the characterisation of arkhan. previously he had no character, and they make him a really worldy, cunning, and charming type of dude. also ikit going hog wild blowing stuff up is charming

also a lot of the characters had more elaborate ends planned out that management just cut for some reason. like luthor was meant to have a much more heroic and cool death, but instead mannfred kicks him off his dragon for no reason to be a dick

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

AoS Ikkit is lame as hell though sadly.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
New to the game playing vanilla, but am I crazy or does the AI get every DLC unit and I get stuck with garbage? I'm getting the absolute poo poo kicked out of me with all sorts of sisters of battle and little goblin waaahs and all I have are my sea bastards.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

ElGroucho posted:

New to the game playing vanilla, but am I crazy or does the AI get every DLC unit and I get stuck with garbage? I'm getting the absolute poo poo kicked out of me with all sorts of sisters of battle and little goblin waaahs and all I have are my sea bastards.

Yeah the way the game works is it has everything from the DLCs but you can't use it unless you have the DLC, so you're a little behind the power-curve in some respects.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dandywalken posted:

AoS Ikkit is lame as hell though sadly.

yeah they made him forget his own name cause he got too smart or something. he did make himself into a stormrat eternal which is cool at least

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Alright what race should I play since I reinstalled this? I played through Skryre the first time, it was fun.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Alright what race should I play since I reinstalled this? I played through Skryre the first time, it was fun.

If you thought Skryre was fun, you could probably try someone like Noctilus.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

If you thought Skryre was fun, you could probably try someone like Noctilus.

Are VC real artillery heavy? I kinda want to mix it up. I'd like to try Beastmen but I've never been much for raiding races.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Maybe try some lizardmen? They're at the opposite end of the spectrum: loads of quality melee, with not much in the way of ranged. Bretonians are another good contrast, they take a lot of good cavalry micro to support their unimpressive infantry. Beastmen also have a fun melee-focused roster, but not a lot of variety, and their campaign mechanics mean they're very slow to get going.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
queek is a good boy, the best boy, is super precious, a real unit. as is his bff ska

headtaker novel posted:

Ska moaned like a man-thing whelp terrified by the moon. The shackled dwarf-thing hit the ground with a meaty thud as Ska sank to his knees. ‘Ska is not traitor-meat. Ska is loyal-meat. I only pretended to follow. To learn his evil-rotten schemes and bring them to my great warlord.’
‘Lies!’ Sharpwit hissed, grasping desperately at his last hope, the most important ploy he’d ever had in his life. Queek had just fought an army single-handed and Ska was strong. Very strong. ‘Ska lies to you. He has always lied to you.’
‘No lies. No lies,’ Ska whimpered, scratching the warlord’s greaves in pathetic capitulation. ‘He lies.’
‘You are a mad-thing fool-fool,’ Sharpwit said, heart fluttering as his tongue finally shaped the words he had longed to utter. ‘You are incompetent and I betrayed you. For the glory of Skavendom.’
He pointed a paw towards the grovelling giant. ‘And he agreed with me. He helped me. I promised him great-great things. I promised him the Eight Peaks and kind whispers in the clanlord’s ears.’
‘Not true,’ Ska sobbed. ‘I would never betray my most fearsome, most terrible, most–’
‘Enough!’ Queek glared at them both. Sharpwit shuffled back. His heart raced away from him, like a stone dropped into a deep well. His paw bunched into a fist over his chest. He couldn’t help but wonder just how much life he’d bought himself. The warlord turned his sword on Ska. ‘Up-up, idiot-meat.’
Ska obeyed without question, wiping tears from his black fur with one massive fist. He loomed over his warlord, sniffling in the rain. ‘I didn’t–’
Queek whipped up a claw to seal the skaven’s babbling lips, uttering a soothing purr. ‘Queek knows.’
‘What?’ Sharpwit snapped. No skaven could be so forgiving. No spawn of the Horned Rat could be such a fool! ‘He is traitor-meat, you half-witted, soft-spleened excuse for a warlord. Kill-Kill!’
‘Queek does not listen to old-things.’

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 11, 2020

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Yeah, pretty much my first TWW2 campaign was Clan Mors, and the more I hear about him the better he is. His whole army fights differently, because A) Clan Mors are for some reason loyal and not super backstabbers and B) having a skaven just run into a ridiculous fight is so un-skavenlike that other skaven get worried that he'll kill all of his opponents, and then look around and get pissed that you didn't charge suicidally with him and kill you.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Are VC real artillery heavy? I kinda want to mix it up. I'd like to try Beastmen but I've never been much for raiding races.

Beastmen aren't much fun. If you want to veer well away from artillery you could play Vampire Counts which is an extremely fun campaign (I recommend playing Isabella and Vlad) or High Elves if you're in the mood for disciplined infantry with a mixed tactics vibe.

I'd always recommend an Empire campaign, but you're going to be arty heavy. It's really exciting arty though.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

JBP posted:

Beastmen aren't much fun. If you want to veer well away from artillery you could play Vampire Counts which is an extremely fun campaign (I recommend playing Isabella and Vlad) or High Elves if you're in the mood for disciplined infantry with a mixed tactics vibe.

I'd always recommend an Empire campaign, but you're going to be arty heavy. It's really exciting arty though.

god yes

a good empire artillery strike wipes armies

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
how long do y'alls games last usually?

im in a lizard campaign w/ tiktak'to i'm at like... turn 250.

I've yet to leave the desert area. I have it all conquered to the west (sorcerer assassin?), but am run up against the dune kingdoms and khemri.

Biggest issue is that the big dwarves (in my game anyway) karaz-a-karak declared war like 90 turns ago. I've just been slowly defending off their invasions since. Which has kept me from expanding.

Well, then like 10 turns ago Reikland declared war. They are allied/defensive allied with almost every human, elf and dwarf. I now literally have the whole world outside of a few other weak powers on my rear end. I have almost 4 stacks and my power on the diplomacy gauge is basically zero. My gauge is zero compared to the dwarves too. Oh and the wood elves.

How do I deal with this? like I can take their armies no problem but i just don't have enough of my own. I can't afford it, also they keep taking my border areas and I have to rebuild them. so my only province with good unit availability is my OG starting one. which takes forever to get out of when I start an army there.

heres my map, not pictures: the entirety of the rest of the world that is at war with me

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 11, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If you get to a point where you feel like you're getting nowhere or it's not fun, just start a new campaign. I've never finished one.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I try and finish my campaigns by around turn 100 if possible. The game really drags after that imo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My last three campaigns finished at turn 100-150 at a guess. I've had a few false starts or horror endings between those. Like the time I struggled tooth and nail to get Imrik established only to find a wall of greenskins so dense that the power metre didn't even have any yellow on it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Vampire coast are fairly artillery heavy, given they're pirates. They like broadsides. Unfortunately the mortars are extremely useful so you want to cart them around and, realistically speaking, they play like a skaven gunline army. Just not as glass cannon. (The cannon is a laser.)

I'd recommend Brettonia, but the start is a retread of what you did before. Their artillery is valuable, but low maintenance and it's mostly HORSE with you "raiding" some chaos faction for chivalary and winning once you've busted in enough heads.

Otherwise, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, and Lizards are basically the polar opposite of Skaven as they pretty much universally lack artillery or any ranged lines, it's more blocks of units smacking dudes hella hard.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Gamerofthegame posted:

Vampire coast are fairly artillery heavy, given they're pirates. They like broadsides. Unfortunately the mortars are extremely useful so you want to cart them around and, realistically speaking, they play like a skaven gunline army. Just not as glass cannon. (The cannon is a laser.)

I'd recommend Brettonia, but the start is a retread of what you did before. Their artillery is valuable, but low maintenance and it's mostly HORSE with you "raiding" some chaos faction for chivalary and winning once you've busted in enough heads.

Otherwise, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, and Lizards are basically the polar opposite of Skaven as they pretty much universally lack artillery or any ranged lines, it's more blocks of units smacking dudes hella hard.

what about the desert skeletons? i don't know poo poo about them other than i dislike the chariot model because i've never done a real battle with them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've been playing some Vampire Counts and the game absolutely nails this horror movie army. It's great when you are given no chance of victory and then win by shambling up shitloads of zombies, flying bats into shooters and then charging in your vampires so that everyone simultaneously shits their pants and runs away.

Vlad's ability to have his entire army vanguard is hilarious. I gave him a stack of nothing but zombies to support Isabella and her flying vampire buds plus a load of bats and gheists. It's so much fun.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its sometimes fun to just ditch the area you're in entirely in long games and migrate to the other side of the ME map. See if you can make it as a refugee faction.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

usually by turn 200-250 im the dominant power and nobody picks a fight with me because im too strong.

what you have here is the classic Total War Death Spiral; youre stuck on the defensive while your enemies grow fat. You don't have any allies to give you breathing space, your front is wide open, you enemies safe. Your income whittles down and you run out of options and eventually you quit because you can't do anything but slowly bleed out while looking for an opportunity that is already lost to you.

Your situation doesn't seem hopeless but its gotten to the Bad Zone. It seems like a real big diplomacy gently caress up - throwing gold at someone to make them like you is a valid tactic. Defensive allies aren't much use in war but they at least serve a nice deterrent for people looking to start poo poo and its a front you don't have to care about. Khemri is a decent choice, but so are the dwarves or the bretonnians.

The second fuckup is that you got hung up on the dwarves for 90 turns. Don't let that happen; remember that defeating armies is actually a pointless endeavour. Sure, you get cash and XP and you generally have to do it because they end up in your way, but unless you can follow up your victories with territorial gain / economic damage / diplomatic concessions, the AI will just recruit another army in a few turns. Hannibal lost his wars; don't be Hannibal. Instead, note that losing your armies is also not a big issue for you; if you have to send an army on a suicide mission to raze down a big karak to damage the dwarfs, then give your little lads some nice flowers to wave before sending them off to die. If you want to save the lord, just swap them out before they all get murdered.

The third issue I see is that you aren't broke. Yes, this is generally nice but if you're not spending your money effectively you're missing opportunities and its no better than a death spiral. Recruit some extra forces, even if it puts you in a deficit and just count on your armies making enough money sacking territories to sustain themselves. Think hard about slimming down your four stacks to the very bare necessities they need to defend your territory (oh, and build forts in every single settlement you have) and using the extra cash to either churn out even more armies or pour it all into a DINOSAUR DEATH STACK with lightning strike to just barrel the gently caress down one of the nations and start annihilating everything. Yet again, don't be too concerned about holding the territories you take doing this; the goal is economic damage. To stop the armies, you have to destroy the source.

You might want to restart and give the campaign another go since once you get the ordertide waves hitting you its hard to find any opportunity to push out (tho its certainly possible). Total War's strat level is really about momentum; you get big, fast, and because your big, you can leverage your power to crush anything before you rapidly. "Defensive Wars" are a complete trap and will kill you or burn you out 300 turns later. Never fight a defensive war. You destroy the invaders and launch a counter invasion immediately. If you can't because you have more than one threat you better either buy peace or you are going to have to grit your teeth and realize that one front is going to have to suffer a ton while you destroy one enemy because if you stall out trying to protect everything, you may as well just be mashing end turn over and over for all the good youre doing. If you can't because oh, there are too many of them or they're still coming at you, you save up cash and get more stacks and go go go. Or, you just go anyways and drat the goddamn torpedoes. You will find the game gets considerably easier if you refuse to allow yourself to get bogged down.

e: looking more at it, yeah drat your territory is tiny for turn 200+. TW is not really a game that rewards trying to play tall; you gotta roll out and roll hard and snap up the territory needed to sustain larger forces and carry on your aggression to the next target and then the next; go for the dudes you can kill fast and give you rich territories that you can defend easily. If you're weak, the AI will not hesitate to pick a fight with you, especially if you're being ganged up on. Conversely, it can pay dividends to jump in on a war someone is losing to seize some of their territory.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 11, 2020

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
OTOH it can be fun to hole up and defend the poo poo out of a province or two as the world burns around you, particularly on Vortex since you can actually win without painting the map.

I played a Legendary/Hard Itza campaign and had Savage Orcs coming down from the north, Vampirates from the east, Beastmen from the west, and Skaven from the south. After 50 turns, I had my capital city at T5 and nothing else even up to T3, with the other settlements in my starting province being traded back and forth multiple times. I actually got to fight 3-4 capital defense sieges, which I don't think I've gotten to do in any other campaign.

When I finally finished the skaven, I discovered that Teclis had taken everything west of the mountains and was starting to wrap around from Spektazuma (hostile, of course). Oh, and the dark elves owned everything else to my south, with Luthor still hanging on to the vampire coast at about level 35 riding his dragon around. At the end of 100 turns, I think I had complete control of two provinces with just parts of two more and it was a blast.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Tabletops posted:

how long do y'alls games last usually?

im in a lizard campaign w/ tiktak'to i'm at like... turn 250.

I've yet to leave the desert area. I have it all conquered to the west (sorcerer assassin?), but am run up against the dune kingdoms and khemri.

Biggest issue is that the big dwarves (in my game anyway) karaz-a-karak declared war like 90 turns ago. I've just been slowly defending off their invasions since. Which has kept me from expanding.

Well, then like 10 turns ago Reikland declared war. They are allied/defensive allied with almost every human, elf and dwarf. I now literally have the whole world outside of a few other weak powers on my rear end. I have almost 4 stacks and my power on the diplomacy gauge is basically zero. My gauge is zero compared to the dwarves too. Oh and the wood elves.

How do I deal with this? like I can take their armies no problem but i just don't have enough of my own. I can't afford it, also they keep taking my border areas and I have to rebuild them. so my only province with good unit availability is my OG starting one. which takes forever to get out of when I start an army there.

heres my map, not pictures: the entirety of the rest of the world that is at war with me

If you play carefully, make full use of agent actions, consistently beat enemy stacks with cheaper ones of your own, and expand cautiously, you may still be able to win very slowly. But I wouldn't bother, more fun to start a new campaign. The AIs have gotten huge, and the only real way to counter that is to get huge yourself, and to do it faster than them.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
If you are in a defensive war, your best goal is to narrow down the avenues of attack and then immediately launch a counter attack. Let's look at Lustria. (As best we can)

Let's take Markus Wulfhart, you're almost immediately set up on multiple fronts by multiple foes, so, how do you handle that an expand?

You immediately abandon the temple of Kara, and you head southwest to claim the Sentinels of Xeti territory, there's a single point of entry there, you know where all the stacks will come from so you can organize and build up and weather the storm until you can hammer back.

When you're on the backfoot, cheat. Corner camp on maps, get crafter and abuse the AI by summoning a no-unit stack to act as bait while you trigger ambushes.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Onmi posted:

If you are in a defensive war, your best goal is to narrow down the avenues of attack and then immediately launch a counter attack. Let's look at Lustria. (As best we can)

Let's take Markus Wulfhart, you're almost immediately set up on multiple fronts by multiple foes, so, how do you handle that an expand?

You immediately abandon the temple of Kara, and you head southwest to claim the Sentinels of Xeti territory, there's a single point of entry there, you know where all the stacks will come from so you can organize and build up and weather the storm until you can hammer back.

When you're on the backfoot, cheat. Corner camp on maps, get crafter and abuse the AI by summoning a no-unit stack to act as bait while you trigger ambushes.

This is the hottest tip for a Markus campaign. His ambush bonuses are great and you will almost certainly lose to lizards in any kind of fair fight stack v stack. He's also not a big shouldered lord that can carry a battle so you really want to be dictating the terms. The Temple of Kara is actually the Tomb of Wulfhart.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Krazyface posted:

If you play carefully, make full use of agent actions, consistently beat enemy stacks with cheaper ones of your own, and expand cautiously, you may still be able to win very slowly. But I wouldn't bother, more fun to start a new campaign. The AIs have gotten huge, and the only real way to counter that is to get huge yourself, and to do it faster than them.

thanks for all the info from the last few posters. appreciate it.

i'm probably gonna start over like y'all said. The last two games I've played though got loving dominated by Reikland and another faction. the last one was latheran or whatever. some high elf dudes. this time dwarves.

is there just a really high chance reikland will explode like this?

also, I'm not exactly sure how i got there. i just ran into a lot of interference from tiny one stack factions loving with my settlements to the west. so i kept getting pulled back when i was trying to conquer the skeleton dudes. getting pushed on by dumb boat vampires. random warherds. loving wood elves which declared on me out of no where at like turn 50. the border princes also harassing my poo poo forever.

cursed game!

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 11, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Reikland tend to do well yeah. Though Vampire Counts are a big player these days

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've noticed over a few campaigns that VC push out really hard to Reikland, then they seem to get stopped/slowed by hellwar Franz. Franz then confederates the electors that are left over and proceeds to beat the vampires back into their corner.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What is up with the battle changes as difficulty goes up? It seems like your melee units get relatively weaker faster than ranged- Does this sort of mean that on very hard battle difficulty you should just go even more ranged than normal?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A true Emperor :911:

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

End Times honestly reads like bad fanfic and that's good

Edit: HOLD ON DID SOMEONE SAY STORMRATS

Are there rats out there now in cool armor trying desperately to be taken more seriously but only becoming more endearingly stupid in the process? :allears:

Edit 2.0: Queek absolutely is best boy fight me.

Neuronyx fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 11, 2020

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

tildes posted:

What is up with the battle changes as difficulty goes up? It seems like your melee units get relatively weaker faster than ranged- Does this sort of mean that on very hard battle difficulty you should just go even more ranged than normal?

I personally don't think battles are worth playing any higher than hard. I can't answer your question on this but every time I've played battles on very hard they've just felt really wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I know that Karl Franz's campaign bonuses suck and he's completely outdone by more recent combat lords, but his campaign is just so much fun. It's easily my most played. He also makes Reiksguard into really impressive shock cav with anti-large.

On that note, regular imperial knights suck and I wish they had statted the unique provincial units more in line with Reiksguard. I think the Ostland greatsword knights are the only good ones(?)

I'm really hoping for a Todbringer DLC with some Ulrican units. Knights of the White Wolf, Ulrican priests, and Teutogen Guard. The knights seemed like an easy inclusion for the provincial units, but Middenland got frenzied swordsmen instead.