Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I absolutely get where Moon is coming from because I don't understand why or how Fale can be a Trump guy but he's a huge Trump guy.

I hope NJPW comes through Indy because I absolutely wanna ask him. But not like in the gotcha fuckface kinda way because he big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

I hope NJPW comes through Indy because I absolutely wanna ask him. But not like in the gotcha fuckface kinda way because he big.

I legit want to know out of morbid curiosity. Like, I know non-americans take an interest in our politics because we effect a lot of poo poo and we are really messy and funny, the desperate housewives of statecraft but like, why pick a team? And team Trump? Just gawk and laugh, don't touch the poop Fale.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they're not exercise camps, fale.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
yea i was legit like i highly doubt fale sups blumpf lol

that twitter like seemed a lil damning tho

but i mean how many charity events has fale wrestled for? im assuming a nonzero amount

fale is kind of a fat guy who can barely move and maybe likes right wing populism butttttttt he has a neat head tattoo

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
and that match lol. eagles must have hit like 50 finishers. i kept being so mad whenever ospreay kicked out like let the dude go over.= thinking ospreay was just gonna chain an os cutter into a stormbreaker for the 3

then the ending lol

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

I legit want to know out of morbid curiosity. Like, I know non-americans take an interest in our politics because we effect a lot of poo poo and we are really messy and funny, the desperate housewives of statecraft but like, why pick a team? And team Trump? Just gawk and laugh, don't touch the poop Fale.

American politics and pop culture is pretty big internationally, and just speaking from Australia I definitely know people who are huge fans of Trump. So it doesn’t shock me at all that Fale’s a trump guy, there’s plenty of them outside of the states.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

take the moon posted:

yea i was legit like i highly doubt fale sups blumpf lol

that twitter like seemed a lil damning tho

but i mean how many charity events has fale wrestled for? im assuming a nonzero amount

fale is kind of a fat guy who can barely move and maybe likes right wing populism butttttttt he has a neat head tattoo

his twitter likes are basically all rightwing hacks. Its pretty wild. Its been a while since I was following his podcast appearances but I remember him being super into USA, making a lot of remarks about standards of living differences. Could also be him heeling it since to an outsider, its a freebie. Fair play in nationalist tropes, I suppose.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in lighter news, henare, who made a bunch of alt right coded facebook posts a few years ago, was pretty outspoken about black lives matter these last couple weeks

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
1. Suzuki-gun
2. NJPW Dads
3. Taguchi Japan
4. LIJ
5. CHAOS
6. Bullet Club

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Australian is like the last bastion for the Richard Spencers and Milo's. When America gets sick of them they head over there for some paid speaking engagements.

Not to say all Australians are right wingers. A lot of the people I became friends with over there are full on Marxists.

Anyway, one funny moment when I was living over there was a bunch of my friends talking about some ridiculous poo poo Trump did, and my girlfriend asking why they always have to bring up Trump. And my friend said, "because your country elected him to be President."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

take the moon posted:

this rando eagles v ospreay from bosj 26 is honestly dank

i just realized while posting that theyre both birds lol

Robbie Eagles has some major dork energy but as a wrestler he loving slaps and I can't wait to have him back

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
New Japan is going to look like late 80s WWF for a while: everyone will be so jacked that they can't really do anything in ring

Seriously its remarkable just how BIG everyone is: Ospreay has apparently spent all of lockdown lifting heavy things and is now 230lbs which is, well, bigger than most modern wrestlers and probably not far off where lots of people were in the past.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

IceAgeComing posted:

New Japan is going to look like late 80s WWF for a while: everyone will be so jacked that they can't really do anything in ring

Seriously its remarkable just how BIG everyone is: Ospreay has apparently spent all of lockdown lifting heavy things and is now 230lbs which is, well, bigger than most modern wrestlers and probably not far off where lots of people were in the past.

Im hoping he brings back the hat and vest for his wrestling look

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1270298952001302528?s=20

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Will now looks like a Vince wet dream

Tall

WBA steroid shredded

Can speak English sort of

Can work

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lid posted:

Will now looks like a Vince wet dream
Can work

This is definitely not a thing that Vince cares about.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

forkboy84 posted:

This is definitely not a thing that Vince cares about.

Fine

Can workout

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lol

no you see its not important for wrestlers to do moves

i am wrestle man lol

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is 6' 1'' actually tall for Vince?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is 6' 1'' actually tall for Vince?

Using the Adam Cole ratio that would mean Ospreay would be 6'5 in WWE

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
random but i kind of liked when chase was trying to get his shirts over after eating pins from like karma and poo poo

"help pay my hospital bills!!!!"

i like when people are funny so i hope hes not a secret fash or someth

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lmao milano collection is wearing a crown jewel shirt while on commentary for this match

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
lmao that bc all comes out together for this bc v bc tag match

i dont even care its dank

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

What are ya watching take that moon

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
this match owns and i really needed these vibes

whyd you kick me?!

im sorry ;_;

kenta instructing chase to lay down for the pin lol

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
sorry im tryna make it thru world tag league and its kenta and yujiro v fale and chase

its just so goofy

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
World Tag League is non-canon

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

take the moon posted:

sorry im tryna make it thru world tag league and its kenta and yujiro v fale and chase

its just so goofy

No keep posting, just didn’t know what you were watching!

Also lol why are you watching WTL lol not even Gedo himself watches it

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i have no idea why i watch any of these matches. im overwhelmed by the choices

if anyone wants to throw me a quick primer on canon bc matches that would be nice :) im just watching w/e rn

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
WTL is evidence of NJPWs comfort as the top promotion in Japan. The fact they can do good crowds with no effort and all the stars off finishing up cycles before WK has basically made the tour one booked on autopilot.

The Suzuki gun v Suzuki gun matches have been a highlight of the last two years. Outside of that it's quite meh. I was one of the only people watching last year and I wouldn't if I didn't live in the same time zone as Japan (more or less). Any American watching it live is dedicated as hell

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, I try to watch almost everything and will still pick and choose world tag league. I'd care more if Gedo cared more. They're always fun though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm glad that New Japan runs WTL in December cause it's such a hectic month that it's not to have to keep up with my Japanese wrestling commitments

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

No Miho during NJC

https://twitter.com/abemiho0110/status/1270934431256113154?s=20

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cancel New Japan

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The virus is loving us. gently caress you virus.

from da blog posted:

As always, I want to be closer to Taichi, who has been working hard for 5 years, and go up to the ring together. We decided to refrain from appearing in consideration of the safety of everyone involved.

We apologize to all the fans who are looking forward to it, but I believe that NEW JAPAN CUP without Divas will convey your feelings even if you can't go to the venue, and I will continue to send ale with you.

I will reconsider the future while watching the situation.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rarity posted:

Cancel New Japan

^^^^

also moon, WTL can have fun stuff but gedo clearly cares the least about tag wrestling in general, which is why like Guerillas of Destiny has held the belt six times and gives it up to whatever combo from one of the factions gedo feels like the belts should be on for a few months before he gives it back to GoD

e: so wait shes... back with taichi??? as it should be?????

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 11, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

coconono posted:

The virus is loving us. gently caress you virus.

I thought she was meant to be managing Taguchi now?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Rarity posted:

I have no idea what's going on. This could be an angle they're shooting or she and Taguchi could be doing non-wrestling stuff.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Using the Adam Cole ratio that would mean Ospreay would be 6'5 in WWE
bruv

look at this geezer

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

bruv

look at this geezer

No no no no no no no no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Rarity posted:

Maybe it’s a swerve and she’s gonna come out managing taguchi after telling taichi she can’t be with him cuz of the virus.