Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the 6 round magazines are always better, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?
Season 4 roadmap is up and the Barrett AMR is the mid-season weapon.

I just hope the unlock mission isn't nearly as lovely as the M249 was.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

u brexit ukip it posted:

Lmao I did this and download speed jumped from <100kb/sec to 500, which still isn't great but a big improvement.

The US download is hosed too. I usually get 50-70mbs and I’m barely cracking 1mbs at best today.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The VPN thing worked for me too. I'm in US on fiber and I get 20Mb/s average download, but it was going maybe... 10? As soon as I jumped on a free VPN connected to a US server it went back up to its normal speed.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How do I use a VPN on Xbox?

Yes I’m technologically impaired

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Kriss feels like poo poo to use out of the box, though I picked one up off someone else that had a 40 round mag and a bigger barrel and it's a lot more usable.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jun 11, 2020

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I was playing duos in warzone (not blood money) with a buddy of mine and on the tac map there were 2 red crowns moving around on the map. Anyone know what those mean?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burden posted:

I was playing duos in warzone (not blood money) with a buddy of mine and on the tac map there were 2 red crowns moving around on the map. Anyone know what those mean?

Go murder them

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Biaga posted:

Got a controller, to try the game with the aim assist on PC. So far, the aim assist doesn't seem to want to work. Anyone else have/had issues?

Before you assume that it's not working, do you know how the aim assist works on controller? It doesn't snap to the target at all, just slows down your aiming speed when you've ads'd over an enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LzXnUJy6Ss

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Kriss feels like poo poo to use out of the box, though I picked one up off someone else that had a 40 round mag and a bigger barrel and it's a lot more usable.

After loving around with the new stuff a bit in custom games:

The Kriss feels like poo poo to use out of the box because of the tiny magazine and utterly atrocious damage dropoffs, but it's a ridiculous 1100rpm laser with attachments. It apparently still has a worse TTK than the MP5 up close (:laffo: just make the MP5 a 4-shot kill already). The ironsights on it are garbage, sadly.

The Galil so far is literally just a faster-firing AK with basically no recoil (consistently vertical with no first-shot jump) but worse ADS when modded (it doesn't have a "second longest" barrel so it's two different -range/+ADS barrels and a sniper barrel which makes you take 15 years to ADS even with skeleton/no stock).

e; the Kriss can be made absurdly long, which is the most important fact about it.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 11, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why do I have the cowboy hat D Day skin? I never bought it. Was it a battle pass reward and I just didn’t notice?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why are people immortal in the pre-game lobby now? But not everyone? But sometimes I am too?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why are people immortal in the pre-game lobby now? But not everyone? But sometimes I am too?

Your a wizard arry

Orv
May 4, 2011

VulgarandStupid posted:

QA is a lost art.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Vehicles were removed in solos for some reason

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I already mentioned that kali sticks were great but now I'm here to reaffirm that they're good in warzone as well.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
Is cross play now mandatory on the XBox for warzone?

CombatBonta-kun
Sep 22, 2003
Ehhhh?

Lemon-Lime posted:

After loving around with the new stuff a bit in custom games:

The Kriss feels like poo poo to use out of the box because of the tiny magazine and utterly atrocious damage dropoffs, but it's a ridiculous 1100rpm laser with attachments. It apparently still has a worse TTK than the MP5 up close (:laffo: just make the MP5 a 4-shot kill already). The ironsights on it are garbage, sadly.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that feels like the Vector hits like a wet noodle.

It gets an absurd amount of hit markers in HC and it feels like the bullets travel about 15-25% slower than other guns, which is surprising since the UMP shoots the same rounds.

It has gotten a little better since I unlocked the 40 round magazine and monolithic suppressor, but I still haven't gotten a longer barrel unlocked yet. I'm hoping that the increased bullet velocity will help.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

Why do I have the cowboy hat D Day skin? I never bought it. Was it a battle pass reward and I just didn’t notice?

yes

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Galil so far is literally just a faster-firing AK with basically no recoil (consistently vertical with no first-shot jump) but worse ADS when modded (it doesn't have a "second longest" barrel so it's two different -range/+ADS barrels and a sniper barrel which makes you take 15 years to ADS even with skeleton/no stock).

It ADSs faster than the AK does with its most comparable barrel, the 23.0 " RPK barrel. The Galil doesn't have an equivalent to the either the Spetznaz or Romanian barrel.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 12, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

It ADSs faster than the AK does with its most comparable barrel, the 23.0 " RPK barrel. The Galil doesn't have an equivalent to the either the Spetznaz or Romanian barrel.

The Zodiac barrel is equivalent to the Romanian barrel (heaviest barrel on the AK), so even though the baseline ADS speed on the Galil is slightly faster than the AK, the Zodiac+no stock combination on the Galil ends up slower than the RPK+no stock combination on the AK (which is the optimal one to run), or at least it feels that way.

It's a shame the Galil doesn't have RPK or Spetsnaz equivalents but then it would have literally no downsides compared to the AK, as opposed to essentially no downsides. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 12, 2020

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has anyone ever intentionally changed the fire mode on their gun in the history of this game

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

drunken officeparty posted:

Has anyone ever intentionally changed the fire mode on their gun in the history of this game

With the oden in warzone, all the time

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you set the uzi or similar to single-shot you can fire almost as fast as you are willing to mash with basically no recoil. I've only done it a few times though, it's very rare to have a reason to do so.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I hammer B trying to set it to full auto if I accidentally pick up a FAL :haw:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I've got one of those big gaudy mice with 75 buttons and I sometimes hit the thumb button to change the fire mode by mistake, to my own peril

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

I do it on the famas sometimes

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I think I loving hate warzone, it's so bad.

I look forward to playing and log in and my magical bullets just loving disappear or I die before I have time to even react to getting shot.

pacerhimself fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 12, 2020

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Lemon-Lime posted:

The Zodiac barrel is equivalent to the Romanian barrel (heaviest barrel on the AK), so even though the baseline ADS speed on the Galil is slightly faster than the AK, the Zodiac+no stock combination on the Galil ends up slower than the RPK+no stock combination on the AK (which is the optimal one to run), or at least it feels that way.

I tested Galil & AK ADS times frame-by-frame:

AK / RPK : 22 frames
AK / Romanian: 23 frames
AK / No Stock / Romanian: 19 frames
AK / No Stock / RPK: 18 frames

Galil / Zodiak: 21 frames
Galil / No Stock / Zodiac: 17 frames

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jun 12, 2020

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
lol the new GW map is just the section of promenade west from the A frame building to the gas station. Literally just that section and the street on either side with all 5 cap points in a line. It's just pure chaos.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CJacobs posted:

If you set the uzi or similar to single-shot you can fire almost as fast as you are willing to mash with basically no recoil. I've only done it a few times though, it's very rare to have a reason to do so.

Bring back the NES controller with the turbo buttons but in mouse form!

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How do you get those fancy horns when riding the ATV. drat I love this game and all the extra cosmetic shits.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Just lol if you don't honk everywhere you go

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/moistturtleneck/video/100360098

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Crustashio posted:

lol the new GW map is just the section of promenade west from the A frame building to the gas station. Literally just that section and the street on either side with all 5 cap points in a line. It's just pure chaos.

That's one of the areas. There's also:
storage town
lumberyard
port
military base
the area in the northeast above lumberyard where there's a bunker and some houses on one side and a police station on the other

That's all I've seen so far but there may be more.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://twitter.com/CherrytonP5/status/1271032698539085825?s=20

sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

drunken officeparty posted:

I did once. It was too switch back after doing it by accident.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Chiming in with the every-patch gently caress You IW For Removing Shipment 24/7

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Warzone rumble would be cool if it spawned you outside of your back line every once in a while.

On the bright side, since the patch it's finally grouping me with people that are my level instead of all maxed out triple platinum psychics

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Strobe posted:

Do not become addicted to shipment, or you will resent its absence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Strobe posted:

It comes back in the last 3 or so weeks before each season ends, I'm guessing they're very aware people mostly use it to grind XP/challenges.