Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I'm truly sorry there is no goku option but I want this to be scientific
I would like to be able to fly
I would like a billion dollars
View Results

Nah!!
Jan 5, 2009

Really not seeing the appeal for flight here. The novelty would definitely wear off and the ideas itt to get rich off it are pretty weak.

“Mr. Bezos plz I’m trying to spend time with my family”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

If I flew to the moon would I have to wear a spacesuit? I know you said Superman rules when flying but does that mean once I landed on the moon and started walking around I’d need a suit?

Not sure why this would make or break it for you so whichever you'd prefer.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Nah!! posted:

Really not seeing the appeal for flight here. The novelty would definitely wear off and the ideas itt to get rich off it are pretty weak.

you think the novelty of getting to fly around wherever you want however you want would wear off? I think I could spend the rest of my life swooping around happily like a bird.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Nah!! posted:

You can fly at mach 9 (which is more than 3km a second) and don't need special protective stuff though, just rip things apart with shockwaves and fly away.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nah!! posted:

get someone to build you a sweet looking ironman cosplay suit. fly around in this suit and then create a publicly traded company that will sell your "new technology". sell all the stonks in this company and fly away. bam you are billionaire and you can fly

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’m assuming being able to fly comes with some ability to also have whatever brain adaptions that allow you to actually handle flying that fast and not splatting into a building or something.

I think I’d take the billion because even if I flew at some leisurely bird speed looking at waterfalls or nature’s majestic wonders, I feel like having that ability puts me in the crosshairs of some religious nut who thinks I’m the antichrist and shoots me down with birdshot. I’m sure I can get away enough times but all they have to do is get lucky once.

With the billion I can make some mostly philanthropic organization or something so you guys don’t guillotine me for being a billionaire, but also skim enough revenue from the top to allow me to live on some respectful passive income.

In summation I’d take neither and cast reduce balls on op.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
If I could fly and travel Mach 9, I would become the worlds largest weapon of mass destruction. The shockwave from flying by anything ground level at mach 9 would be like a mini atom bomb going off. I could make billions extorting the world to not use my flight powers for destructive purposes.
Check and Mate.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Which one better lets me steal pets from lovely pet owners? I want that one.

The Good Boy Bandit.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Toupee Groupie posted:

If I could fly and travel Mach 9, I would become the worlds largest weapon of mass destruction. The shockwave from flying by anything ground level at mach 9 would be like a mini atom bomb going off. I could make billions extorting the world to not use my flight powers for destructive purposes.
Check and Mate.

They’ll just shoot you, op

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Does flight consume energy based on known physics? Would I be able to afford enough Doritos to fuel a long flight?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Why wouldn't you pick the billion dollars? 0,8 seconds after someone sees you flying, every government in the world will try to kidnap and study/kill you.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Good luck catching me I’m on the fukkin moon btw

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

With a billion dollars you could buy a swarm of a billion flies. You could ride on the swarm and look around for carrion.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The billion dollars because I reckon I’d regret the flight after about half an hour

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You could make a shitload of money flying anyway, companies would pay you to put their logo on your flying outfit, Nikie and Adidas would fight over you for the shoes you wear while you're flying on to the Jimmy Kimmel set, you'd probably become the most famous person in the world.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Torquemada posted:

Good luck catching me I’m on the fukkin moon btw

And what are you going to do on the moon? I'll enjoy my Billion on earth.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

You could make a shitload of money flying anyway, companies would pay you to put their logo on your flying outfit, Nikie and Adidas would fight over you for the shoes you wear while you're flying on to the Jimmy Kimmel set, you'd probably become the most famous person in the world.

That sounds terrible. Imagine not being able to go anywhere without someone recognizing you, wanting to talk to you, wanting an autograph, pestering you because they want you to help them.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

That sounds terrible. Imagine not being able to go anywhere without someone recognizing you, wanting to talk to you, wanting an autograph, pestering you because they want you to help them.

i'd just flip them two birds and fly on outta there looking like a fuckin baller in my custom shoes

if you go anywhere as a billionaire someone will be pestering you anyway and you can't even take a poo poo on them from 50m in the sky

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

The Walrus posted:

also, you can make money from your flight but NOT by carrying people or parcels. If you can come up with another way it's game. You can still carry a person, for fun.

Try and stop me, dork!

*hovers just above your reach*

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

realbez posted:

They’ll just shoot you, op

you can't shoot someone who can move mach 9 unless they let you you'd be roughly 500x as fast as the fastest bullet

Relevant Tangent fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 11, 2020

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

What pose would you do when flying? Holding your arms out like superman would get tiring after a while i imagine.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
You can’t always be moving at Mach 9! If you had a superpower like that you’d be murdered or captured very quickly. Better to just be rich.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I’d choose flight and whenever anyone asked me a hypothetical question I’d walk away

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
mach 9 is your max speed not your all the time speed. you would only be able to activate it relatively risk free in the stratosphere. if you try to use it on the ground you would turn into red mist quickly. using it as a shockeave weapon would not be practical.

taking the billion dollars is gonna be the betrer way if you want to gently caress people up or over.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I feel like if I could fly I could easily get rich with that power so... flight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

shut up blegum posted:

Why wouldn't you pick the billion dollars? 0,8 seconds after someone sees you flying, every government in the world will try to kidnap and study/kill you.

just wear an ironman cosplay suit when you fly

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’d take the billion bucks, buy a bunch of modspace trailers, connexes, and decking and make a housing complex for people in their late 20’s and early 30’s who are just fuckin’ tired. Each trailer would have 4 bedrooms, a bathroom, and a giant living area and there’d be communal stuff like a barcade, cafeteria, and movie screening building. Definitely a pool too. Low/no cost to residents but you’ve gotta seem fun to hang out with and sufficiently burnt out to get in.

It’s been my “if I hit lotto” idea for like a year now.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

I would buy a helicopter and hire a full-time pilot and use the other 999 million for fun things.

Yea, that worked out pretty well for Kobe

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I'd rather have a billion flies, get rich though Fly Crime, and have my army of flies fly me around.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I'm gonna use the billion give a Ford Club Wagon the ability to be a boat. And no it's totally not an excuse to recreate and combine the Top Secret! and Strange Brew underwater scenes.

naem
May 29, 2011

money, period, full stop

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just rated BNBLs Squeekr profile negative 2 bananas and a half monkeys butt. He’ll never get the coveted 9 passionfruit and Thor’s unwavering erection rating now. Can we say PRICE DROP IN THE NEAR FUTURE muahahahahhaaaa. :yeshaha:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

2 billion tacos at Jack in the Box

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Who cares about any amount of money in the world when I could fly? Flying is loving awesome!

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

2 billion tacos at Jack in the Box

In my area the price went up to 1.19 for 2, I would only be able to afford 1666666666 tacos from the Jack. :(

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Free as a bird

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I was thinking mostly of using the power of flight for good, like taking pictures, repairing stuff in space. Like 90% of the time!

Alien Sex Manual posted:

I would make more than a billion dollars from the sex cult I would subsequently found after learning to fly like Superman.

Gotta do something with that last ten percent.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
If you can fly you can scoop up nerds like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg or that Bezos Dweep or Evan Snapchat & bobby bebop snapchat and threaten to drop them from the clouds into a spike factory until they give u all their batcoins and make you the ultimate billionaire. I choose flight. Please deliver my flight soon op. Update with tracking # at yr earliest convenience.

Thanks & Best regards,
kntkfr

naem
May 29, 2011

the only super power i’d trade a billion dollars for would be immortality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

naem posted:

the only super power i’d trade a billion dollars for would be immortality

thats silly, even a green lantern ring? you could steal money pretty easy with a green lantern ring. or just make some, money is green after all