Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

shovelbum posted:

Young people have zero reason to care about this period, they don't owe us poo poo

i mean it kills 20 year olds and can still give them high rear end fevers if they dont die so maybe they should give a hoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

we had someone come into the restaurant tonight with their own bottle of sanitizer and a ragcloth. she wiped down the entire table and all the seats before sitting her family down. (we sanitize the gently caress out of these tables in between customers, but whatever).

she wasn't wearing a mask. none of her family were

sounds like someone with pre-COVID-19 "poors can only spread their filth by touching, not by breathing" mentality

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Bought a bike today because I need to get around and am getting skeptical of taking the bus rn, the bike store only had a handful of bikes and the sales guy said they can't order anymore because nobody makes certain bike components anymore on account of the roni.

I wonder how many parts of the supply chain got kicked out lol

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000
if people are actually deciding to go out to eat I don’t know why they would wear masks. if you are concerned at all about Covid the thing to do is definitely just not go out to eat. if you aren’t concerned then yeah might as well go hog wild

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

snoo posted:

drat there's at least 6 positive cases in our apartment complex now lmbo

how many non-rat cases?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
My wife is bringing one of our kids to a birthday party in a park tomorrow. She suggested I practice "mindfulness" to get over my disapproval of the plan. I told her we'd all be practicing "lungfulness" in about a week. Now I'm sleeping on the couch.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

My wife is bringing one of our kids to a birthday party in a park tomorrow. She suggested I practice "mindfulness" to get over my disapproval of the plan. I told her we'd all be practicing "lungfulness" in about a week. Now I'm sleeping on the couch.

no 69 for this goon

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

OPEN 'ER UP, pull out couch

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

People die of pneumonia all the loving time in Florida in June

Without the flu?

Doomtalker
Dec 10, 2019

kazr posted:

OPEN 'ER UP, pull out couch

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

:dadjoke:

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

good thing horny is prohibited

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
My mother lives in one of the white flight suburbs of Dallas and she reported that she's the only one wearing a mask and is very depressed about it. I'm starting to get really concerned about her; her husband is in memory care and shopping is her major social interaction aside from the twenty to thirty minutes on Skype a day with me and family on the northwest coast. My guts hurt thinking about her getting it and dying alone.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

tell your kid that their mom is going to die if they go to the party

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

just lol if you haven't made peace with the possibility of you and your whole family getting it and dying already

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Drove by our towns mega gym in Florida today. Parking lot was completely full. When they reopened the owner was streaming on Facebook giving hugs to everyone who came back lol

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

KaptainKrunk posted:

just lol if you haven't made peace with the possibility of you and your whole family getting it and dying already

What do we say to the God of Death?

Not today.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

KaptainKrunk posted:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

we need to embrace the corona

love it, let it inhabit us, body and mind

COVID-19
Mar 2, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Thump! posted:

we need to embrace the corona

love it, let it inhabit us, body and mind

I like Brazil's covid parties.... sounds like a great time :waycool:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

5 days since I attended a mass gathering and no covid yet. Starting to think it's all a hoax. Open er up!!

/
/
/

medchem
Oct 11, 2012

A friend asked a few of us if we wanted to come over for board gaming. I declined and said that it’s still too early. Another person chimed in and said, “well the death rates are going down.” I had no idea how to respond.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

KaptainKrunk posted:

The only benefit so far for me was seeing all the lockdowns end and going ok I'm obese and I'm gonna die if I don't lose weight right now and I'm down 8 lbs since memorial day. My wife is 100% a goner if she gets it and I'll be damned if I leave my kid with no parents

medchem posted:

A friend asked a few of us if we wanted to come over for board gaming. I declined and said that it’s still too early. Another person chimed in and said, “well the death rates are going down.” I had no idea how to respond.

Friend of mine publishes board games and apparently it's in a huge boom right now because so much is closed that people who aren't worried about covid just want something to do

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

indigi posted:

hhaha

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mystes posted:

Number of new cases per day computed from data from the nytimes (https://github.com/nytimes/covid-19-data/blob/master/us-states.csv)

I don't feel so good mr. stark

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

We just don't celebrate the sex number pages like we used to around here.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Too many cum infections

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Shageletic posted:

I don't feel so good mr. stark

:yooge:: Get the bleach

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

A lot of commentary says that the RCP8.5 climate change scenario is unlikely as it's what you get when humanity makes no attempt to avert catastrophe. The argument is that surely we'll do something once the impact of 4+C warming become clear, we won't continue business as usual and just let the worst-case outcome happen. I've been thinking about this a lot watching states reopen while the covid case rate increases.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love
My city just formally ended its Stay at Home order and opened literally everything back up. Instead they instituted what they’re calling a “Staying Safer order,” that is completely toothless and does absolutely nothing. :kheldragar:

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

Nocturtle posted:

A lot of commentary says that the RCP8.5 climate change scenario is unlikely as it's what you get when humanity makes no attempt to avert catastrophe. The argument is that surely we'll do something once the impact of 4+C warming become clear, we won't continue business as usual and just let the worst-case outcome happen. I've been thinking about this a lot watching states reopen while the covid case rate increases.

RCP8.5 would effect rich people a lot unlike forcing poor people back to work.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That sounds a lot worse than whatever I've got going on, you should maybe go get a check up this weekend

I can't afford it and my "doctor" called and is saying shingles now but it's totally not. She said go to urgent care but that would cost me more than the ER or me being seen in her office. She just doesn't want to deal with anything that isn't covid. I just slept all day and once I got up my husband didn't even check on me and just went to bed, before I went to bed he told me to "calm down" because I was so sick and sad I was being disregarded again by everyone

I don't even want to be alive anymore, I just want to check out, I'm done

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Pump Jockey posted:

My city just formally ended its Stay at Home order and opened literally everything back up. Instead they instituted what they’re calling a “Staying Safer order,” that is completely toothless and does absolutely nothing. :kheldragar:

britain is trying “stay alert” and like, alert for what?? coronabears???

Bernie Panders
Apr 27, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
there’s nothing wrong with being outside if you’re distancing. very little data supports outside infections as being common

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

facetoucher cat posted:

I can't afford it and my "doctor" called and is saying shingles now but it's totally not. She said go to urgent care but that would cost me more than the ER or me being seen in her office. She just doesn't want to deal with anything that isn't covid. I just slept all day and once I got up my husband didn't even check on me and just went to bed, before I went to bed he told me to "calm down" because I was so sick and sad I was being disregarded again by everyone

:(

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Puerto rico has nearly universal mask usage, as far as I can tell

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

indigi posted:

lol maybe they'll want to go even more

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

HORNY IS PROHIBITED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

facetoucher cat posted:

You do not have permission to die. If there's no one like you around afterwards, who unlike everyone else can figure poo poo out like COVID and is smart enough to be upset about it, that's the real scenario in which humanity is hosed. We need you, stay with us.