Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

looks like fetish gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Class Warcraft posted:

Being the CEO of a tech company must be fun. Just get drunk and toss out any idea, no matter how ridiculous and some VC people will come in and throw money at it.
This is the essence of everything Elon Musk does. Also, I want windshield wipers that sync with the beat of the music you're listening to.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

GWBBQ posted:

This is the essence of everything Elon Musk does. Also, I want windshield wipers that sync with the beat of the music you're listening to.

that'd be a fun embedded project

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

GWBBQ posted:

Don't propose good ideas.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
All you have to do is install a large enough sound system that the voltage of the electrical system sags substantially when the beat drops.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

All you have to do is install a large enough sound system that the voltage of the electrical system sags substantially when the beat drops.

I just do this with a stock radio and a broken alternator

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

I had a friend who took his car in for some routine maintenance. When he got it back he discovered the techs had somehow connected the wiring for the horn and wiper fluid, so whenever he honked his horn it also sprayed out his wiper fluid. He turned the little nozzles around so they faced towards the front of his car and used it to squirt wiper fluid at other cars, like an angry squid, when he honked at them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Class Warcraft posted:

like an angry squid

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Halo Deathball is back, baby!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

it may be a lot easier to get into a football season if everyone is in pandemic gear and I can pretend it's also bladerunner

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Marzzle posted:

it may be a lot easier to get into a football season if everyone is in pandemic gear and I can pretend it's also bladerunner
A promising first step, but I won't be happy until they recreate the sport from the New Lands video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxu248aD6PY

strange feelings re Daisy has issued a correction as of 06:38 on Jun 19, 2020

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Class Warcraft posted:

Being the CEO of a tech company must be fun. Just get drunk and toss out any idea, no matter how ridiculous and some VC people will come in and throw money at it.

An escalator that syncs with your phone and tells you how fat you are.

Facial recognition software, for dogs.

Bitcoins that you can 3D print

wanna start a startup that lets you subscribe to influencers outfits. (patreon meets Instagram)

starting at 4 billion for 10%

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Trabisnikof posted:

Boston Dynamics new Spot robot is incredible, but not really in the good way. Like peep the manual: https://www.bostondynamics.com/sites/default/files/inline-files/spot-user-guide-r2.0-va.pdf

some Fun Spot Facts™:

quote:

Spot can collide with people or objects, even with its obstacle detection system enabled.
If Spot loses balance on the stairs or an incline, it may slip and fall.
Spot cannot detect cliff edges and may walk off cliff edges that are unblocked. Block cliff edges with secure guardrails or safety netting. Never work below an elevated Spot.
If Spot loses its wireless connection to the controller, it will sit after 3 seconds, and the motors will shut off after 8 seconds. If this occurs on stairs, slope, or other uneven surface, Spot may slide or fall upon attempting to sit.
Spot cannot detect when its legs are entangled in cords, which may cause it to trip and fall.
Spot may not automatically avoid unstable objects that are fully or partially less than 30 cm above the ground, such as human feet and backpacks, and may fall upon stepping on such objects.
Spot can become unstable on moving surfaces, such as elevators, escalators, moving walkways and ramps, vehicles, or boats.
Fingers may break or get amputated if caught in joints while Spot’s motors are active
Never stand downhill or otherwise below Spot.
Spot cannot be used on the following environments: wet grass, ice, elevators, anywhere with overhanging obstacles, anywhere near glass walls, anywhere with thin objects
Do not turn Spot while on stairs.

it doesn't even come with color cameras by default:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx04Md6ija4&t=174s

I wonder if the covid patrol ones in China are just as lovely.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen
How weird. Maybe this semi-autonomous quadruped aimed at "construction, entertainment, and other automation-friendly industries" would be better suited as a dangerous weapons platform?

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

ynohtna posted:

How weird. Maybe this semi-autonomous quadruped aimed at "construction, entertainment, and other automation-friendly industries" would be better suited as a dangerous weapons platform?

to quote a riddle from American McGee's Alice: "When is a croquet mallet like a billy club? Whenever you want it to be."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ynohtna posted:

Each dog is going to be a crewed weapon platform

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Just replace the players with those boston dynamics dog robots. Make Cyberball Real.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Spot cannot detect when its legs are entangled in cords, which may cause it to trip and fall.

Finally the AT-AT's weakness is explained

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Happy Juneteenth

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Class Warcraft posted:

I had a friend who took his car in for some routine maintenance. When he got it back he discovered the techs had somehow connected the wiring for the horn and wiper fluid, so whenever he honked his horn it also sprayed out his wiper fluid. He turned the little nozzles around so they faced towards the front of his car and used it to squirt wiper fluid at other cars, like an angry squid, when he honked at them.
I had a broken rear washer nozzle on my old Jeep Cherokee that would shoot straight back. Tailgating while in a convertible was not recommended.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

I had a broken rear washer nozzle on my old Jeep Cherokee that would shoot straight back. Tailgating while in a convertible was not recommended.

Either I went to school with you or this was a common issue with old Jeep Cherokees, because my friend would spray my car if I was behind him at a stoplight

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1274048895627247617

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

jesus christ is this real

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

Looks that way

Lmao @ "why this mistake occurred" like it's a typo in a sales flyer

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!

bike tory posted:

snapchat refused to release employee diversity numbers because it would make silicon valley look very not diverse (yes, that was the official reasoning)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Bloop posted:

Looks that way

Lmao @ "why this mistake occurred" like it's a typo in a sales flyer

the original idea was the chains would only break if you danced for it but some errors in the image recognition script let a smile set off the proper triggers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The original idea was that the chains would only break if you met your rubber quota.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

The original idea was that the chains would only break if you met your rubber quota.

This was scrapped after falsely recognising as a raised fist being an arm with the hand already chopped off.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ynohtna posted:

i could easily kick its rear end and im a total pussy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 8 minutes!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlOdx0OF8qw

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Farm Frenzy posted:

i could easily kick its rear end and im a total pussy

i mean youd have to assume it'd be covered in weapons

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Marzzle posted:

i mean youd have to assume it'd be covered in weapons

I bet it'd tear gas or nerve gas you if you hosed with it up close depending on the politics of that era

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i would flip it over with my tiny lovely arm muscles

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In the future, high schools will raise funds by capturing our robot oppressors. For a few bucks, they’ll let you take a crack at it with a baseball bat.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

which is to say: post collapse america so nerve gas ofc

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Farm Frenzy posted:

i would flip it over with my tiny lovely arm muscles

it'd gas u like a little bug. it would feel nothing and continue about its tasks, only stopping to be refilled by the nerve gas supply bot when it runs low

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Vorkosigan posted:

Either I went to school with you or this was a common issue with old Jeep Cherokees, because my friend would spray my car if I was behind him at a stoplight

I had an old Cherokee with the same issue.