Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

I must be dead, I must be, this has to be hell, there's no other explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Shear Modulus posted:

theyll just suppress the vote more

I dunno, maybe, we are definitely living in the cool zone because this is going to be fascinating and depressing as gently caress to read about in a book.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

In Training posted:

I hope amc goes out of business

this

also i think you asked about air conditioning poo poo. i dont think anyone responded to you let me dig up that case study

lm see if i can find the article

e: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764-f1 i think there was another one

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Ardennes posted:

The answer is simple, American society overall is brainwashed. If the media says something (especially both the "left" and "right" sides of the media) most people will go with it. Fox News, NPR, and the New York Times are saying the same thing with minor variation.

The elite of this country found a system that worked so well that they started to believe it and the result is complete catastrophe.

it owns

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Pohl posted:

The city actually kicked in money and rented a bunch of rooms at a hotel for our families and our more vulnerable guests. The idea was they would quarantine and be safe, but we can't seem to control them and they come and go -- and we let them???? Plus, the hotel is getting pissed because they are trashing the hotel. We've had 1 positive test at our "quarantine" hotel, so great quarantine. Everyone else at that hotel tested negative somehow.

If it gets into the shelter and the sleep dorms, wohoo, train on fire.

Im in Canada and just up the street they converted apartments destined for demolition (for another condo...) into housing for the homeless, they have 24/7 guards at the entrance and a social worker office during the day, and even then there’s still problems with the few serious addicts or mentally ill, or dealers etc trying to get in.

Dunno what your case expected just dumping people on a hotel to figure out

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Isn't the Covid economic relief poo poo like $6 trillion bucks? They could have just given every person in America $20k to stay the gently caress inside their house for two months, and it would have 100% worked.
But how would you be ENGAGING WITH CAPITAL? Where does CAPITAL benefit in your crazy scheme?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Xaris posted:

this

also i think you asked about air conditioning poo poo. i dont think anyone responded to you let me dig up that case study

e: https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/7/20-0764-f1 i think there was another one

it was probably just one sneeze that floated everywhere in an instant that did it too. this superspreader stuff is wild

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Isn't the Covid economic relief poo poo like $6 trillion bucks? They could have just given every person in America $20k to stay the gently caress inside their house for two months, and it would have 100% worked.

$46k actually, friend!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

It was a lot more. It could have been 46k. Babies and grandmas included

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

looks like everything’s looking up!

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

SardonicTyrant posted:

But how would you be ENGAGING WITH CAPITAL? Where does CAPITAL benefit in your crazy scheme?

This is why I hate sovereign wealth funds. gently caress the middleman. Screw bonds and stocks, just build poo poo! Command economy. No I need to launder my tax money through seven layers of investment that all somehow go to coal companies or Blackrock, because the free market.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Xaris posted:

this

Since this came up before, the trib article on table C said they got infected by air blowing back. But the CDC study says there was a return air inlet by table C so I'm not sure how that's been interpreted. Airflow is a mystery to me

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Telsa Cola posted:

I mean if it severely damages the old person population its going to severely damage their voting base.

I think thats what got them to pivot last time if I remember some of the articles correctly, the fact that their voting base would be disproportionately impacted and that it could cost them elections.

lmao if anyone is thinking about the implications on our "voting base"

i would think more about the fact that it took me 5 minutes to buy an AR15 with five 30 round mags

everyone and their mom and their dog is armed here and we already have growing unrest

just imagine when the hospitals start to overload, bodies pile up, and the economic crash / mass evictions hit

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Even if u go by extreme unfairness, you could have paid every worker their salary for an entire year with the stimulus money

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

anime was right posted:

It was a lot more. It could have been 46k. Babies and grandmas included

And we'd all be starting to figure out 'normal' life again in September with fat stacks of fun bux left to spend while Trump takes credit for the whole thing. It would have been the easiest victory at the polls since Nixon's re-election.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
look if you give people money they might spend it on things instead of hoarding it and how does that help anyone idiots?

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

FORTY SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

1. California +3,787
2. Texas +3,357
3. Florida +3,207 *NEW RECORD*
4. Arizona +2,519 *NEW RECORD*
5. North Carolina +1,757

I thought Florida was finally going to get its chance in the #1 spot :(

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

snoo posted:

if we gave everybody money why would anyone work?? we need people to work. work makes you free.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

The one difference with Italy is that is was generally large families in dense spaces with a lot of inter generational transmission.

AZ might fair better if it’s just a bunch of retired types hiding from children and neighbours in their suburban sprawl

but then again they can’t loving stop going to Fuddruckers or hate rallies

mod sassinator posted:

And we'd all be starting to figure out 'normal' life again in September with fat stacks of fun bux left to spend while Trump takes credit for the whole thing. It would have been the easiest victory at the polls since Nixon's re-election.

But what if instead he could lose the election, let Biden take the blame, and throw all the money into thousands of J Kush shell companies.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

1. California +3,787
2. Texas +3,357
5. North Carolina +1,757

Lmao get on our level (Texas) :smug:

Actually tbh I probably wouldn't recommend that

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

fosborb posted:

lol wtf Hawaii and Alaska

six of those new Alaska cases are on Fort Wainwright where I’m stationed

gently caress me I get out of the Army on July 8th

lmao

gently caress!

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Why would you be shocked though? When have humans ever expressed long-term sorrow or grieving over deaths? There's a reason we show remembrance of deaths with a minute of silence, because a minute is about the max anyone gives a poo poo about anything. Hell, it's easier to express mourning and rage over a single person dying, as that provides a clear focal point for people to pinpoint. More people have mourned George Floyd than will ever mourn covid deaths, as he is a singular tragic symbol people can see clearly. When thousands or millions die, it just becomes white noise.

This isn't just Hellword, this is Chudworld. Humans don't care, full stop.

nah chudworld is an apparition created by liberalism to protect the wealthy

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

I’m gonna die on this lovely loving base, aren’t I? literally no one here is wearing masks or distancing or anything, the dumb fuckers

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Thump! posted:

I’m gonna die on this lovely loving base, aren’t I? literally no one here is wearing masks or distancing or anything, the dumb fuckers

Malcolm XML posted:

one fun side effect of sweden's choice to be an example is that they have data on death rates: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se...ical-report.pdf

tl;dr <49 it's 0.02% and >90 it's a whopping 30%

you will probably be fine tbf

keyword is probably but i mean gently caress it theres not much you can do, smoke some weed, slam back some ciders, and avoid plague meatbags

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Xaris posted:

keyword is probably but i mean gently caress it theres not much you can do, smoke some weed, slam back some ciders, and avoid plague meatbags

i feel like the army will yell at me if i smoke weed

but i will get very drunk in consolation

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Xaris posted:

might end up with hosed up post-covid lungs though

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I'm for surf gonna die if I get it to be fair

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Thump! posted:

but i will get very drunk in consolation

the true spirit of the army

in the rear, with the beer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Ringo Roadagain posted:

yeah that's a bit unknown but at least you're alive i suppose. now pneumonia is well known to cause permanent lung scarring and damage, i don't know about cases where it doesn't develop it full-blown pneumonia.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

COVID-420 posted:

TOP 5 NEW CASES USA

1. California +3,787
2. Texas +3,357
5. North Carolina +1,757

so yeah my chud-leaning virus-denying floridian dad who smokes weed daily is going to get this and probably die

mixed feelings tbqh

wet_goods
Jun 21, 2004

I'M BAAD!

Dustcat posted:

the money created to prop up the stock market could have been used to provide every man, woman, and child in america with 50 shotguns

IDKFA

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
One Trump supporter, who said Saturday will be the 64th rally he has attended, is part of a group of Mr. Trump’s superfans who call themselves “Front Row Joes.” Other members had arrived in Tulsa as early as Monday, he said. He made it to town on Thursday.

The man, who is 60, said he was not worried about the spread of coronavirus in the arena here. (Previous reports show he was arrested for disorderly conduct after disrupting a 2019 event in Iowa for Senator Elizabeth Warren, Democrat of Massachusetts.)

“Sure, the virus is out there. But when you look at the survivability rate — I’ll take those odds,” he said, laughing.

He said this rally feels different.

“We’re going to show the country and were going to show the world that we need to open up,” he said. “We’re Americans. We have freedom and choice. And we have the choice to be at risk.”

Oklahoma reported a record number of cases on Thursday: 450, up from 259 on Wednesday. It was the fifth consecutive day that levels reached new highs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

the true spirit of the army

in the rear, with the beer

the best part is I left Iraq right as the shutdown was kicking off, so most of my unit is still there and in Kuwait sober as gently caress lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

SKULL.GIF posted:

so yeah my chud-leaning virus-denying floridian dad who smokes weed daily is going to get this and probably die

mixed feelings tbqh
m,aybe weed will counteract the 'rona?? weed actually does do some poo poo to the immune system, not like in a good way but a more weakening way, which actually could be a good thing in this case.

anyways
:votegop::corona:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

SKULL.GIF posted:

mixed feelings tbqh

Meh, don't write anyone off. Even in badly hit nursing homes where everyone is old and has co-morbidities out the wazoo only like 30% die. He could just wind up on dialysis for the rest of his life.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

snoo posted:

$46,000 I can have at home? yes please

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

empty whippet box posted:

this thread and posts like this keep me tethered to not freaking the gently caress out because I keep starting to gaslight myself about it, but no goddamnit, it is this insanely bad and everyone else really are the weird ones for not being as worried about it as me. just have to hold on until it gets undeniably bad again I guess

my coworkers invited me a couple days ago to go to a brewery tonight. i asked about distancing, and they said it was easy since you could go outside. i slept on it a couple nights, and today, i was like gently caress no. no one should be getting unnecessary service right now. get a growler if you want to support the business and meet in your backyard.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
tell him that ground glass lung will inhibit weed absorption too not just oxygen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

fosborb posted:

lol wtf Hawaii and Alaska

It's in a nursing home about a mile from my place. Not good.