Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

lmao @ thinking we're getting baseball when the two biggest nuclear hotspots right now are the two spring training states

I've made peace with it, its not happening this year. Going to break out my '86 radio broadcast recordings and pretend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/1274029284907085824

lol just cancel everything already ffs

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Apple was on point with their investor report telling stock owners that Corona was going to wreck their financial poo poo, I remember it in January/feb? way before it was a blip in the news cycle outside China

also I wonder if there’s post apoc literature involving Florida, it always starts in DC or New York

Isn’t Alas Babylon set in Florida?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
god drat coworker just told me she's been in home depot a dozen times without a mask and is still standing so..., and really, if youre healthy it's no worse than a cold...., and her GP doesn't wear a mask anymore and he told her they're inflating the numbers and all the physicians are all mad about it and they're about to petition the legislature so they don't have to mark every single death certificate as covid, which is what what they're doing now

Americans are just hosed

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How much money have the people from compared to how much companies have gotten (from both the relief package and the Fed)?

It seems like its about 800b for people va about 7 trillion for business. Is that about right?

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Unscrupulous sports teams sending in roni ringers to infect rival team is the new normal.

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

Lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Maryland is reopening bars/restaurants at 50% capacity today and a LOT of people I know are going out to celebrate

i can't say I'm not tempted but those lung pictures and the thought that I might kill my parents are keeping me in line

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TMMadman posted:

How much money have the people gotten from compared to how much companies have gotten (from both the relief package and the Fed)?

It seems like its about 800b for people va about 7 trillion for business. Is that about right?

starting to sounds awfully commie here, madman. why do you hate capitalism?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

this is only going to get real for people when some famous sports ball person dies of a heart attack or clot directly attributed to covid

christ, sports are so dumb

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao go bolts!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
seattle just moved to its next phase or reopening too!! our case count is just as high as when we did a hard and fast shutdown in march, and it's growing!! OPEN ER UP!!!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mod sassinator posted:

this is only going to get real for people when some famous sports ball person dies of a heart attack or clot directly attributed to covid

imagine if lebron got covid and died

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Lol the president of my company said basically the same thing about the outbreak in Tyson chicken plant being caused by them "bussing in workers"

they're busing in covid like we've never seen before in history :yooge:

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

triple sulk posted:

i don't wish harm on anyone, but yeah that would get the whole god drat country in strict lockdown compliance FAST

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm wondering if there will be an NFL season this year, I'm guessing not or at least not past like week 4

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

and add a loop-de-loop after the people so it comes back around and drives over the operator of the switch

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

spacemang_spliff posted:

I'm wondering if there will be an NFL season this year, I'm guessing not or at least not past like week 4

lmao if they have to go play in canada with canadian teams because the US is on loving fire

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
so it looks like the chuds won

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mod sassinator posted:

i don't wish harm on anyone, but yeah that would get the whole god drat country in strict lockdown compliance FAST

pretty much. the first thing that makes people give a poo poo is personally knowing someone, but the second is going to basically be some extremely prominent celebrity or athlete under the age of 55 and i don't really think we've had that yet. tom hanks was probably as close as we got that i can think of?

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

so it looks like the chuds won

until they start dying anyway

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mod sassinator posted:

lmao if they have to go play in canada with canadian teams because the US is on loving fire

IDK who Mahomes has to wreck as long as I get to watch him wreck defenses

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

triple sulk posted:

Or if Lebron faded or retired due to lung damage.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/fansince09/status/1274036313499398145

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Crusader posted:

until they start dying anyway

it's mostly poor PoC that are dying

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

mod sassinator posted:

poo poo is so god drat hosed, washington state is on the verge of trying to move king county (seattle) to the next open phase too.

Peace Arch Park north of Blaine has been shut down on the Canadian side. Oddly enough not a Covid related health order, just a problem with too many people using it for cross-border visits with friends and relatives without going through Customs. There were tents involved, so maybe rhythmically billowing fabric was disturbing some people as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXyXDDIFzDQ

On the one hand, I feel a great deal of sympathy for my friend who hasn't seen his American girlfriend since early March. On the other hand, I keep seeing these graphs.

Some good news though. I found this old treatment for pneumonia. I think we should investigate it for treating Covid. Might work out better than Hydroxychloroquin.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Not a Children posted:

Maryland is reopening bars/restaurants at 50% capacity today and a LOT of people I know are going out to celebrate

i can't say I'm not tempted but those lung pictures and the thought that I might kill my parents are keeping me in line

50% fire marshal capacity is like 200% seating a lot of places too lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

there will be one, perhaps two, preseason games and then a number of players will get infected and then no more sports

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mod sassinator posted:

I saw a note that in Mexico 30 wrestlers have died of Covid in the past 3 months, but can’t find it in English and it’s not clear if they were all old or what

https://www.eluniversal.com.mx/universal-deportes/mas-deportes/coronavirus-arrasa-con-luchadores-mexicanos

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

the White House would be overrun within hours

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Got laid off because I ran out of sick time and vacation time. I live in Seattle and we're trying to reopen. Whooooooo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

WampaLord posted:

there will be one, perhaps two, preseason games and then a number of players will get infected and then no more sports

that's what I'm thinking

good thing we're opening up right

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
120k dead. fuken lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

some chud is going to travel from tulsa to seattle or new york and we're going to have a grand old time

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
america is an incredible country

Serf
May 5, 2011

we're not closing or canceling anything anymore. the strategy now is to just pretend covid isn't real and forge ahead regardless of the consequences

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Homeless Friend posted:

120k dead. fuken lol

yes but think of all the deaths that have been avoided thanks to everyone staying home and safe... wait what’s this note... They reopened everything???!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

if the nhl season continues then carter hart is gonna get covid and either die or have his career ended as the most flyers thing to ever possibly happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Thread title.

Philly cheese steak lungs and bloody saliva and kidney dialysis all sound awful so I'm just gonna keep isolating as long as possible. Everyone I know in high risk areas back in March survived; now all my old relatives in chudsvilles are going to have to make it through. Recently I learned my kid's doctor had it back in February so I'm extra grateful my family managed to dodge the first wave and I won't take that reprieve lightly. I've recovered from some serious chronic health issues and I will be damned if I get knocked out for a few years ever again just because some trumphead wants to go back to normal. most people don't understand the fire they are playing with here.