Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Sloppy posted:

This man knows how to Hearthstone. Taking it for a spin!

Should have bootstrapped from beta harder, lazy poor.

Lol

In all seriousness that yogg deck looks like a ton of fun. I’m missing half those legendaries so my post was mostly just bitter jealousy. I had the dust to build it a couple weeks ago ironically enough but built pirate warrior instead :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Elysium posted:

especially against a sea of decks that are purpose built to bee-line to a win condition.

i have some news about wild for you

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

i have some news about wild for you

Eh, I still honestly think Wild has a healthier meta at the moment, somehow. At least more variety, espscially per-class.
I'd say the deck I least enjoy playing against is mech paladin still, just because it's so utterly binary. That and quest mage.

And I do admit, I take a special joy in, when it's a highlander-heavy day, firing up a bomb warrior and just ruining dreams.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Olpainless posted:

Just so you're all aware, the change to Twin Slice is definitely not a nerf to Twin Slice.

It does hurt Altruis (and that card still probably needs working on, godDAMN), but Twin Slice is scarier than ever.

Oh, yeah, and it fits in Odd Demon Hunter now, so just remember that they can burst even harder now

I refuse to believe this cause of how often i'd use it as a 'hero power for free this turn' or a backstab, but i guess it is still a strictly better heroic strike and that's a card getting play right now.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Olpainless posted:

Eh, I still honestly think Wild has a healthier meta at the moment, somehow. At least more variety, espscially per-class.
I'd say the deck I least enjoy playing against is mech paladin still, just because it's so utterly binary. That and quest mage.

And I do admit, I take a special joy in, when it's a highlander-heavy day, firing up a bomb warrior and just ruining dreams.

I’m just saying that wild is a bit more casual than standard, with people playing all kinda crazy decks, from what I’ve seen and heard.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

a fatguy baldspot posted:

I’m just saying that wild is a bit more casual than standard, with people playing all kinda crazy decks, from what I’ve seen and heard.

There are some crazy decks, but none of them are random or idle about trying to win. Maybe bomb warrior. But most of the stuff I played against over and over were either face rush decks like pirate warrior or demon hunter or like “this is my specific win condition: “I’m going to draw my whole deck and play mechathun in a way you can’t stop me” or “I’m going to rush to complete this quest and then gently caress you.” They are made with winning in one way in mind, as opposed to my deck which is like “well eventually I might play enough cool poo poo to do enough damage to win if I can not die for a while”

Here are the most common types of decks I faced:

Odd DH
Pirate Warrior
Secret Mage
Quest Mage
Mechathun Warlock
Discard Warlock
Machine gun priest

Elysium fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 19, 2020

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

I refuse to believe this cause of how often i'd use it as a 'hero power for free this turn' or a backstab, but i guess it is still a strictly better heroic strike and that's a card getting play right now.

Exactly. And with Demon Hunter getting easy weapon-based lifesteal and clear, that extra damage can mean a lot.

Altruis, Glaivebound - yeah, they're worse because of this. Demon hunter as a whole? I'm not convinced it's in any worse place at all, just... different.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Elysium posted:

There are some crazy decks, but none of them are random or idle about trying to win. Maybe bomb warrior. But most of the stuff I played against over and over were either face rush decks like pirate warrior or demon hunter or like “this is my specific win condition: “I’m going to draw my whole deck and play mechathun in a way you can’t stop me” or “I’m going to rush to complete this quest and then gently caress you.” They are made with winning in one way in mind, as opposed to my deck which is like “well eventually I might play enough cool poo poo to do enough damage to win if I can not die for a while”

Here are the most common types of decks I faced:

Odd DH
Pirate Warrior
Secret Mage
Quest Mage
Mechathun Warlock
Discard Warlock
Machine gun priest

You were supremely lucky to not face a lot of demon value warlock/cubelock - that deck in particular is troublesome to face for a lot of others, especially with Kanrethad and Enhanced Dreadlord giving it even more value, lifesteal and taunt. That deck provides a big stumble for anything not capable of OTK.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Olpainless posted:

Exactly. And with Demon Hunter getting easy weapon-based lifesteal and clear, that extra damage can mean a lot.

Altruis, Glaivebound - yeah, they're worse because of this. Demon hunter as a whole? I'm not convinced it's in any worse place at all, just... different.

I'd add the battlefiend and satyr to that list, and the turn 5 warglaives play also becomes less powerful. twin slice enabled so much just for ensuring you never missed out on attacking on a turn you needed to, and made the turns where you're hero powering primarily for other cards more valuable. The nerf is going to slow down DH a whole bunch, might force it to play control more. Indirect buff to blade dance though

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Olpainless posted:

You were supremely lucky to not face a lot of demon value warlock/cubelock - that deck in particular is troublesome to face for a lot of others, especially with Kanrethad and Enhanced Dreadlord giving it even more value, lifesteal and taunt. That deck provides a big stumble for anything not capable of OTK.

Actually I did face a fair amount of those, and my deck is decent against it. Reno removes all minions without triggering deathrattles. Either yoggs can clear the board. You can get 2 or even 3 Zephrys board clears or Kazakus “turn all minions to sheep”.

I beat a few that rezzed all their demons like 4 times.

I didn’t see as many as I got closer to legend as people seemed to go for the more directly win fast warlock decks.

Similar decks I also faced were Rez priest and a shaman deck that puts out a bunch of copies of huge minions. With good Polys or Kazakus/Zeph/Reno you can neutralize all their threats.

Elysium fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 19, 2020

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Olpainless posted:

It's a stealth buff to skull and it allows for even crazier Altruis turns. I played a little yesterday and it didn't feel any worse. Like you said, just different.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It also gives Odd DH some extra reach in Wild, either for lethal or to remove something and patch yourself up with Aldrachi Warblades.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think Maiev is good now, or at least not terrible. I got two 2nd places in a row.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
After playing a couple games with the tweak it feels like a very slight nerf to the tempo of the card, but a massive buff to the burst capability.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Welp, hit a ~10 game losing streak immediately upon entering legend and now I’m trapped in the low ranks with no real way out. Back to Highlander Mage for the rest of the month I guess!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How on earth do people win with DH these days, I just steamroll every one I see.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Promoted Pawn posted:

Welp, hit a ~10 game losing streak immediately upon entering legend and now I’m trapped in the low ranks with no real way out. Back to Highlander Mage for the rest of the month I guess!

I got all the way up to Diamond 2 stars yesterday. Then fell back down to Diamond 1 star after the Twin Slice nerf.

Wasn't mad about it because I was just having fun loving around during a slow time at work. But the game sure can be cruel.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Cuntellectual posted:

How on earth do people win with DH these days, I just steamroll every one I see.

What are you playing against them? I don't find it particularly hard but given draw also not terribly easy due to how fast they can buildup pressure if you're lacking board clears.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Cuntellectual posted:

Demon hunter lives and dies on early board presence and mid reach. Mulligan as much as you can for the board presence.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Elysium posted:

LOL I actually loving did it, I rode Yogg to Legend.

In my third game with this deck I managed to get off 3 Puzzle Boxes in a single turn when the first one summoned a copy of Vargoth. Still lost though, in part because my sweet Brann/Alexstrasa combo failed because I forgot I had shuffled three Solarian Primes into my deck. A+++, superfun.

Aaod
May 29, 2004
As DH if they have something to counter my early board presence chances are I am not going to win. That 10 or so damage makes an absurd difference once the mid game reaches around and I am trying to lethal you. Mulligan hard against me and don't even try to be greedy about it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Olpainless posted:

Demon hunter lives and dies on early board presence and mid reach. Mulligan as much as you can for the board presence.

I don't think he was asking for advice, just stating he's good at beating DHs.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Starting with a Murloc token with Eudora leading to Turn 4 discover a 4-star is the nut good. If you haven't tried it yet, it is:

Turn 1: Buy and play token generator, sell token, dig
Turn 2: Buy and play ideally token generator (or buy and hold Deck Swabbie), dig
Turn 3: Upgrade Tavern, (play Swabbie), roll for fun, dig
Turn 4: Upgrade Tavern, sell token if needed, dig

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Goons Are Great posted:

What are you playing against them? I don't find it particularly hard but given draw also not terribly easy due to how fast they can buildup pressure if you're lacking board clears.

Hunter, Warrior and Mage mostly these days.

Sometimes Druid.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Normally I feel dumb if I forget to play the week's Brawl until Saturday morning but it doesn't matter this weeks since it was just random AoO decks.

I remain very confused by their tendency to launch the brawl spotlighting a new expansion weeks after the set actually gets released. Wouldn't you think they'd put this brawl like the week before the expansion dropped?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
did a couple of runs against Plague Lords this morning and it's amazing how much more fun they were than the Ashes single-player content

like when the bosses do some ridiculous OP poo poo you can pull out your own ridiculous OP poo poo to counter them, rather than just resetting the encounter and hoping they don't do the same next time

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

NorgLyle posted:

Normally I feel dumb if I forget to play the week's Brawl until Saturday morning but it doesn't matter this weeks since it was just random AoO decks.

I remain very confused by their tendency to launch the brawl spotlighting a new expansion weeks after the set actually gets released. Wouldn't you think they'd put this brawl like the week before the expansion dropped?

The first time I thought it was accidental but now it must be strategic. Maybe this is where they get the less hardcore crowd to throw down some $$ or otherwise see some uplift in spending.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Julio Cruz posted:

did a couple of runs against Plague Lords this morning and it's amazing how much more fun they were than the Ashes single-player content

like when the bosses do some ridiculous OP poo poo you can pull out your own ridiculous OP poo poo to counter them, rather than just resetting the encounter and hoping they don't do the same next time

Except for the Plague Lord of Death, who’s just on a whole ‘nother level of OP.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

I run through the uldum adventure pretty often (play 6 secrets Reno treasure is trash) and it's definitely loads of fun even on Heroic despite some of the high-octane BS they can pull off sometimes.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yestermoment posted:

(play 6 secrets Reno treasure is trash)

It's much better when you turn it into the Senior version and it has better stats and only requires 3 secrets fir the pay off.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Holy poo poo I just lived the dream.

Gold Macaw
Gold Macaw
Gold Cave Hydra
Maxeena
Gold Goldrinn
Momma Bear
Momma Bear (Taunt)

Just deleted every lineup, doing 30 damage as it killed the last four players one round each.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think the secret to battlegrounds is to get drunk.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Chernabog posted:

I think the secret to battlegrounds is to get drunk.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Shockeh posted:

Holy poo poo I just lived the dream.

Gold Macaw
Gold Macaw
Gold Cave Hydra
Maxeena
Gold Goldrinn
Momma Bear
Momma Bear (Taunt)

Just deleted every lineup, doing 30 damage as it killed the last four players one round each.

It's only the dream if you somehow managed to find all that after picking up the mama bear pair imo. Still disgusting and I hate you for stealing my parrots though

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I mean that's the secret to standard, wild, and arena too

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It's only the dream if you somehow managed to find all that after picking up the mama bear pair imo. Still disgusting and I hate you for stealing my parrots though

I got a Gold Macaw first, and the first Goldrinn off the Discover, at which point I sold everything to go all in on The Plan.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
It's such a degenerate build that the mama bear is the extra 'gently caress you I can scale' cherry on top even though I usually never need to actually cycle beasts to do it when I get it going

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
What's keeping Pure Paladin from being top tier? I crafted the two Lightforged Crusaders for it because I knew it would suit my preferred gameplay and it seems really good. I added a few of the cards to the deck then auto-complete gave me this.

### Pure
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Sandwasp Queen
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Amber Watcher
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (7) Lightforged Crusader
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FBPoGlqYD+7gDhMEDDY8JiK4DkK4Dm64DnK4DjbYDyLgDyrgD/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

What's keeping Pure Paladin from being top tier? I crafted the two Lightforged Crusaders for it because I knew it would suit my preferred gameplay and it seems really good. I added a few of the cards to the deck then auto-complete gave me this.

### Pure
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Sandwasp Queen
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
# 1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Lightforged Zealot
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Amber Watcher
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (7) Lightforged Crusader
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAZ8FBPoGlqYD+7gDhMEDDY8JiK4DkK4Dm64DnK4DjbYDyLgDyrgD/bgD6rkD67kD7LkDysEDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

getting royally owned by a single Wrenchcalibur, for one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Or albatross, although I haven't seen that many.