Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

oh this this was what the dogwhistle was about people not wanting to go back to work. got it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

yeah but haven't you heard none of this matters because rich people stopped spending as much and they're the only part of the economy you should care about

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Austin is completely and utterly hosed.

lol we are so hosed it isn't funny.

ok I lied it is a little funny.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Shifty Pony posted:

lol we are so hosed it isn't funny.

ok I lied it is a little funny.

someone had a really good quote in the UK megathread from like last october, I can't for the life of me remember who or the exact wording but it was something along the lines of "therapy just gives you the correct amount of mental unwellness necessary to cope with the world as it currently exists" and I really wish I could find it again

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Trump's next rally is in Phoenix on the 23rd, how does the number look?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mexico breaks 1k dead of El Covid in a single day

that’s with a 50% positives testing rate so I’m guessing things aren’t much better than Brasil

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

facetoucher cat posted:

Trump's next rally is in Phoenix on the 23rd, how does the number look?

I don't know but it's kind of a shame all the TikTok and K-Pop fans started bragging about trolling the first rally because it would've been funny if they were able to keep doing it all the way to the election without anyone cottoning on to what was happening.

I wonder how many paid actors are going to be sent to this one?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

You keep saying this but you need three separate tests for a single person to prove reinfection which is very difficult in the current testing landscape, so no, you wouldn’t “expect to see a lot” at this early stage.

it's not april, you can get tests p easily (esp in China), and not one person has shown up with a reinfection in 6mo

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Malcolm XML posted:

it's not april, you can get tests p easily (esp in China), and not one person has shown up with a reinfection in 6mo

could turn out they have been reinfected but it's entirely mild, which is also fine

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

brugroffil posted:

Lol imagine not condoning violence in appropriate situations.

This man is inflicting violence on everyone around him and people are entitled to self defense

My fantasy is that service industry people could be as rude as possible to non-mask wearers. Just full on “gently caress off, grampa you aren’t coming in without a mask” from Walmart greeters and restaurant hosts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Its over.

*cough*

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

mexico breaks 1k dead of El Covid in a single day

that’s with a 50% positives testing rate so I’m guessing things aren’t much better than Brasil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSGFXGFkTjw&t=10s

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Malcolm XML posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9n...46-c88f30397955

This woman not only tested positive again but she developed symptoms a second time. Doctors aren't sure if she just didn't develop antibodies during her initial infection or if she didn't clear the virus but the point is they really don't know at this point how long immunity lasts.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

I fear some businesses will not make it out of this pandemic unscathed

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

gay picnic defence posted:

I don't know but it's kind of a shame all the TikTok and K-Pop fans started bragging about trolling the first rally because it would've been funny if they were able to keep doing it all the way to the election without anyone cottoning on to what was happening.

I wonder how many paid actors are going to be sent to this one?

FR, also how much would someone need to pay a person to both go out to a large gathering during a pandemic AND go to a Trump rally on TV?

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

You keep saying this but you need three separate tests for a single person to prove reinfection which is very difficult in the current testing landscape, so no, you wouldn’t “expect to see a lot” at this early stage.

It's best to just avoid the reinfection topic for awhile until more science gets done.

There are still a lot of unknowns about this, and plenty of state actors are suppressing information for a variety of reasons.

But pretty much since the start of the outbreak anytime there is a hint or suggestion of this thing being even worse people will rappel out of the air vents shouting about how it's impossible. It's like they can go all the way to admit we are completely hosed, but that one last step for them is just too much for their mental health. Every article posted about reinfections are fake, a bad study, a bad test result, a wrong diagnosis, a flawed process.

I'm not saying there is concrete evidence of reinfections right now that is inarguable and provided for the entire world to see, just that the people arguing with the concept of reinfection aren't always doing it for rational science based reasons. So trying to argue all of the reasons why it's possible with someone who needs it to be impossible is just going to waste your time.

Rectal Death Adept has issued a correction as of 03:41 on Jun 22, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
DL Hughley passed out on stage in Nashville yesterday

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/20/us/dl-hughley-passes-out-onstage-trnd/index.html

Turns out he's got the roni

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

august is when the cash dollars run out and october is when the rent/mortgage pauses stop, along with the job guarantees for corps that are getting bonus cash.

august is definitely gonna be lit but october is gonna be on loving fire

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Today is my anniversary so I did what people do during a pandemic and completely forgot about it until 1pm today and made PB&J sandwiches for dinner while my husband is going to work until midnight. He joked about going out for dinner and we both laughed and laughed then watched people walk around outside without masks from our balcony like a zombie movie or something

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

anime was right posted:

august is when the cash dollars run out and october is when the rent/mortgage pauses stop

if im gonna die, im gonna die historic in the Cool Zone v2: Fury Road

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Steve Yun posted:

I love how he frames it as totally asymptomatic, bro passing the gently caress out is a symptom

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
On one hand, 'giving poor people money directly solves poverty' should be a lukewarm take at best

On the other hand, obscuring that fact has been the joint goal of both US political parties since their inceptions.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

Ebola Roulette posted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.9n...46-c88f30397955

This woman not only tested positive again but she developed symptoms a second time. Doctors aren't sure if she just didn't develop antibodies during her initial infection or if she didn't clear the virus but the point is they really don't know at this point how long immunity lasts.

this has happened before and it's basically always turned out to be that they hadn't fully cleared the infection

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

rad, i saw this at a virtual trail running film festival and was waiting for it to be posted!

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

lol called my fil to wish him happy father's day and the conversation was mostly him describing all the social events he's attended in the last few weeks. I mean in any normal circumstances that's rad my man enjoy ur retirement but there's a global pandemic and you live in a chuddy rear end city in the south and fuckin RIP. gently caress everything. gently caress this country.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

was he at Kid Rock's Big rear end Honky Tonk n Rock & Roll Steakhouse?

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

On one hand, 'giving poor people money directly solves poverty' should be a lukewarm take at best

On the other hand, obscuring that fact has been the joint goal of both US political parties since their inceptions.

What political party wants to get rid of poverty? I haven't even heard someone talk about poverty since 1998, it does not seem to be a priority any more in our era of endless war

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

But according to Karen here, “BACK TO WORK! Before we become a welfare country hand fed by leaders that make decisions for us about everything”

I’m sure you will be shocked to find out that she is a stay at home mom (of grown-rear end kids).

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
one of my wife's coworker's family members just tested positive today. it's clear everyone in that house probably has it at this point, and the youngest kid just played a whoooole bunch of youth baseball this weekend

about to see how how much you can effectively socially distance in baseball

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

navyjack posted:

My fantasy is that service industry people could be as rude as possible to non-mask wearers. Just full on “gently caress off, grampa you aren’t coming in without a mask” from Walmart greeters and restaurant hosts.

this is exactly what im going to do when i get called back to my retail job in (probably) july.

i will literally not be within 10 feet of anyone not wearing a mask and i wont be providing any service to ANYONE closer than 6 ft.

if my employer doesnt like it, they can go ahead and fire me (they wont)

my wife goes back tomorrow and we're both FREAKING THE gently caress OUT as cases in CA spike to hell.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

remember the plague cruise ships

are there still thousands of employees stuck on those things at see

more importantly: are cruise ships gonna start taking on passengers soon, I want to get out on one.

Suspended thru September in the states

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
just thinking about five months from now and laughing hysterically like a man on the moon watching earth blow up

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

hellotoothpaste posted:

oh this this was what the dogwhistle was about people not wanting to go back to work. got it

Still cant believe Graham and Tim Scott yelling about ppl getting 600 dollars after sending six trillion to bumfuck trump pillow man or whatever

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wow if you give people money they aren't broke anymore??????? has someone told the government this????

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

anime was right posted:

august is when the cash dollars run out and october is when the rent/mortgage pauses stop, along with the job guarantees for corps that are getting bonus cash.

I know Trump isn’t the most politically savvy person ever, and I know the GOP doesn’t particularly care about poor people, but do you really think that the month before a presidential election is when they’re going to stick to their bootstraps and trickle-down mantras, when they could print money easily for a massive political win?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't thought about this in like 2 months straight but is Brexit still on schedule, or is the pandemic a good excuse for the British government to just pretend it never happened?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7276353/

false negative rt-pcr is p common

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

empty whippet box posted:

wow if you give people money they aren't broke anymore??????? has someone told the government this????

but why will they work for poo poo wages and horrible conditions if their economic station improves???

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Lokar posted:

Florida goon here

first case at my husband’s grocery store - an older white evangelical who probably got it from church. also haha he is the produce manager.

I love salad but uhhhh not going to risk plague produce

Time to consider corn salad, miner's lettuce, sheep sorrel, and other tasty weeds.

I think I'd rather rinse dog urine off foraged leaves than shop there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Grundulum posted:

I know Trump isn’t the most politically savvy person ever, and I know the GOP doesn’t particularly care about poor people, but do you really think that the month before a presidential election is when they’re going to stick to their bootstraps and trickle-down mantras, when they could print money easily for a massive political win?

Every major GOP player is working around the clock to make sure Trump doesn't do that, even if it would be a instawin for the election.