Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

nut posted:

i'm convinced the highly repeated style of punchline, photoshop, audience laugh of john stewart, colbert, jon oliver, trevor noah etc etc is some real basic neurolinguistic programming

I stopped watching The Daily Show ages ago and the few times I've seen John Oliver I've thought the subjects were worth covering (Megachurches and College sports corruption) but I did not like the one-sided nature of someone just telling me what to think, even if they were opinions I'd normally agree with (Megachurches and College Sports are corrupt)

I don't have cable, so I haven't watched any late night TV in 15 years or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

what are the numbers like cos im pretty sure there are like 30 male peds for every 1 female ped

If you want to make yourself feel better, sure, believe that, but the truth is that it's just 30 times easier for a woman to get away with it.

Elderbean posted:

I know goons like to blame everything on capitalism but I think it also comes into play. After a certain point, a rich person no longer has real problems or concerns like paying rent or saving for a medical emergency.

Research has continually shown that money only buys happiness to a certain point. These people crossed maximum financial happiness ages ago but they're still empty because having a bunch of poo poo doesn't fill existential voids.

Capitalism, and American capitalism in particular, doesnt offer any solutions to fill these voids beyond "dominate and subjugate others to prove you won the game" and that justifies all sorts of hedonism.

A few pages back when people were talking about the cabal trying to normalize pedophilia as a response to the epstein thing someone said that would never happen because access to heinous poo poo like that without repercussion is something that genuinely separates the ruling class from everyone else.

Child loving is the king's privilege, so even the kings who aren't hedonists will still support those who are purely on the basis of maintaining such an obscene level of privilege.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:munch:

Letterman was the only one worth a drat anyway (I guess Conan was fine too)

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Elderbean posted:

I stopped watching The Daily Show ages ago and the few times I've seen John Oliver I've thought the subjects were worth covering (Megachurches and College sports corruption) but I did not like the one-sided nature of someone just telling me what to think, even if they were opinions I'd normally agree with (Megachurches and College Sports are corrupt)

I don't have cable, so I haven't watched any late night TV in 15 years or so.

yeah i think your description captures the messaging perfectly and it's associated with funny photoshops and laughter and jokes constantly, as if to think anything else is laughable. I had heard someone suggest the idea that it was hypnotic years ago and only really believed after a friend had tried watching jon oliver for the first time this year and just did not like how the show was presented (irrespective of the actual message) for these kinds of reasons

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I think its a bit of mental fasc on my part, but I'm also a little pissed off that a nonce brit and a smarmy south african are the loudest voices trying to take over his mantle in satirical mass media criticism of the US gov. Distasteful! The NY jew bit that Steward would lay into here and there wasn't a universally american identity, but I think it was an authentically american identify, you know?

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

A4R8 has issued a correction as of 22:27 on Nov 8, 2020

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

A4R8 posted:

https://twitter.com/nickciarelli/status/1275271688024817665?s=21

The Dersh using twitter to defend himself against child rape allegations backfires spectacularly

Like how does a lawyer like him not know using social media like that is a loving stupid idea

Michael Avenatti

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

A4R8 posted:

https://twitter.com/nickciarelli/status/1275271688024817665?s=21

The Dersh using twitter to defend himself against child rape allegations backfires spectacularly

Like how does a lawyer like him not know using social media like that is a loving stupid idea

during the height of it all wasnt he starring in some play about sexually molesting children? or more garden variety sex pestery? something like that

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

One of the Nazis they sent over for the 30s Tibetan expeditions noted ritualistic pedophilia practiced by lamas.

A priest, a rabbi, and a lama walk into a bar...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Delta-Wye posted:

I think its a bit of mental fasc on my part, but I'm also a little pissed off that a nonce brit and a smarmy south african are the loudest voices trying to take over his mantle in satirical mass media criticism of the US gov. Distasteful! The NY jew bit that Steward would lay into here and there wasn't a universally american identity, but I think it was an authentically american identify, you know?
Wait, what??? You can't just loving throw that out there like that. Please say you meant it to say "nonsense"... :ohdear:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Wait, what??? You can't just loving throw that out there like that. Please say you meant it to say "nonsense"... :ohdear:

checking urban dictionary, I've always used the word this way:
3) A common British insult - generally equivalent to wanker, twat

but clearly that was #3 on like... the third entry so idk really.

TBH, I'm pretty sure I learned that word from a certain (ahem) nonce throwing it around on the Bugle.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist/status/1275500216754540545

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

holy poo poo he's literally threatening to take them down with him

countdown until the dersh is suicided

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Delta-Wye posted:

checking urban dictionary, I've always used the word this way:
3) A common British insult - generally equivalent to wanker, twat

but clearly that was #3 on like... the third entry so idk really.

TBH, I'm pretty sure I learned that word from a certain (ahem) nonce throwing it around on the Bugle.

Phew, but yeah that is not quite correct, we have a great surplus of ways to call someone an rear end in a top hat so if you're throwing in nonce you are quite specifically also calling someone a paedo.

btw I read this thread through the great suiciding around page 75 then skipped around and ahead. Seems like all the early speculation has been dropped with only the Dersh left standing and it seems 90% of that is his inability to just shut the gently caress up?

I got back into this after watching the Netflix doc and just being blown away that Dershowitz thought it would somehow be a good idea to be the one to come on camera and issue his denial whilst literally everyone else has the good sense to just issue a standard denial or no comment through their people. Even if he's somehow actually telling the truth, the sheer optics of being the only one on "Epstein's side" to appear means he's going to be the face viewers take away because it's just him and then victim reports and stories. For such an obstensibly smart person it's the dumbest damned thing I've ever seen.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
How does Dersh have the sealed depos?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I wish these people would link to sources.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Elderbean posted:

I wish these people would link to sources.

I think she's in the courtroom or has someone texting her from it?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

ShutteredIn posted:

I think she's in the courtroom or has someone texting her from it?

Ah, okay, that's better. I'm used to seeing a deluge of reveals on Twitter from random sources that are hard to verify.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

ShutteredIn posted:

How does Dersh have the sealed depos?

perhaps he got them in discovery for an upcoming court event

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Somebody brought some crackin and pingin into the gbs riot thread

Crusty Nutsack posted:

there's some weird poo poo going on in milwaukee that is turning into a protest. a bunch of black kids are missing and were apparently seen at a house this morning, rumors are sex trafficking. so cops "searched" the house, someone shot out of the house at some point, and cops left, wtf. well, neighbors and parents of the missing kids are not ok with that, so they've been trying to deal with it themselves.

cops come back, and a few minutes ago the cops whisked a bunch of people out of the same house they searched, covered in tarps, into a paddywagon. lots of people are gathering, other groups coming in from other parts of the city, might turn into a flashpoint because wtf is going on

Vaun Mayes: https://www.facebook.com/YungLz/videos/10158423178827394/
Frank Nitty: https://www.facebook.com/100011275926869/videos/1131148270604360/

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Regulus74 posted:

If you want to make yourself feel better, sure, believe that, but the truth is that it's just 30 times easier for a woman to get away with it.

A few pages back when people were talking about the cabal trying to normalize pedophilia as a response to the epstein thing someone said that would never happen because access to heinous poo poo like that without repercussion is something that genuinely separates the ruling class from everyone else.

Child loving is the king's privilege, so even the kings who aren't hedonists will still support those who are purely on the basis of maintaining such an obscene level of privilege.

That old soldier in Disco Elysium was right after all. :staredog:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

Rah! posted:

i haven't been watching the whole time, so its not entirely clear, but heres what it seems like so far:

people in milwaukee spotted some missing kids in this one house, cops show up and say its all fine

so a crowd started forming so they could free the kids from an apparent kidnapper's house

then someone in the house shot at them

then the cops showed up and took the kids(and human traffickers?) away in a van with hoods over their heads

then, if i heard right, some people broke in or looked through a window or something, and claimed to have seen blood inside

then the cops came back and formed a line around the house and brought in an APC

Live action epstein brain, get your epstrain brain here, fresh from the source!

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It does seem to go even further beyond the latest thing (lynching and police declaring it a suicide). Scary

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Regulus74 posted:

yeah, this is just another case of toxic masculinity at work. i had a couple classmates in 7th grade (so 12-14 yo) who kept talking about wanting to bang the language teacher. if they managed it, they'd be seen as heroes, not victims, by the patriarchy. women probably take like 95% of the poo poo from the situation, but men can be victims just as well

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Hello everyone I was told to come here to feel a deep sadness.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

welcome, enjoy as the scales fall off your eyes and you realize ultra-rich pedophiles rule the world

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

why?

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Excelzior posted:

welcome, enjoy as the scales fall off your eyes and you realize ultra-rich pedophiles rule the world

it’s one thing to know ultra-rich sociopaths rule the world

it’s another thing to realize how loving brazen they are about it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

night danger posted:

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

night danger posted:

i recommend reading all 404 pages of this thread: :smith: followed by reading all 443 pages of the climate thread: :unsmith: and live the dream :unsmigghh:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its the only semisane discussion of the topic on the open web maybe

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
was like 400 posts behind, just caught up. reading this thread, I am reminded of the time someone posted to a thread for feel-good vids and pics a video of an attractive woman flying a plane, she rolls the plane and a donut on a string falls down and she takes a bite. very cute. I go to look up the origin of the video, find out the lady's name, it's this person:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadia_Marcinko

crack, ping

https://i.imgur.com/e5g9kaZ.mp4

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Luckily they recently decided to seal records(?) from epsteins Florida case for coconspirators so she won't be pulled into a criminal case. Real hard to pry apart victim/perp but I get the impression she was def promoted to management at some point.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Stockholm Syndrome isnt real but behavior and personality control through traumatization is

its a pyramid of culpability and no one who started as a victim belongs on the capstone

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I'm not going to criticize her for anything given that I literally cannot imagine what it's like to go through what she did. bought as a sex slave from eastern Europe during the Balkan wars, fuckin nightmare poo poo. it's just that the emotional whiplash of watching cute airplane donut video and then learning the woman piloted the Lolita express... yowza.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

uber_stoat posted:

I'm not going to criticize her for anything given that I literally cannot imagine what it's like to go through what she did. bought as a sex slave from eastern Europe during the Balkan wars, fuckin nightmare poo poo. it's just that the emotional whiplash of watching cute airplane donut video and then learning the woman piloted the Lolita express... yowza.

That ends up being the hosed up part. If she's doing her own thing now and its legit and not trafficking people (bad news there im p. sure) suppressing her role almost seems... just? I'm pretty sure that is not the sort of person who they are protecting by giving co-conspirators a pass, and I assume if they opened it up these sorts of cases would be the only ones aired, but this is moral quagmire.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Blue" Leaks now, you say?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Delta-Wye posted:

oh look it me, I'm already in the thread :coolfish:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
This is related to stuff from a few pages ago, but it's fascinating and it's plausible.

https://twitter.com/KirbySommers/status/1270013715878903814

The hijacking was in late '71. I can buy the idea that a former OSS paratrooper said "Hold my beer" and did this to impress his CIA buddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Delta-Wye posted:

Were the missing kids orphans or something? I can't imagine any parent who had their child kidnapped would be able to stand around the house where their child could be getting raped and not storm the place.