Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Captain Foo posted:

y'all pathetic

What's pathetic about ritualized suicide?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dont Touch ME posted:

What's pathetic about ritualized suicide?

you aren't wanted in this thread, go away

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Honestly fine with not having one additional video game in my Steam library if it means a racist stops making games.

Fortunately, death of the author allows me to distinguish between an artist and his art.

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Captain Foo posted:

you aren't wanted in this thread, go away

I want me in the thread, and that's the only "want" that counts. It's not my fault you don't respect other cultures.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dont Touch ME posted:

I want me in the thread, and that's the only "want" that counts. It's not my fault you don't respect other cultures.

lol you're so bad at this

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Dont Touch ME posted:

gently caress you.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

DonkeyHotay posted:

Fortunately, death of the author allows me to distinguish between an artist and his art.

:jerkbag:

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

QQ

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hub Cat posted:

3 people the two main devs are brothers(Gauss and Anthony Patch) and like 3 other people that are affiliated likely as contractors.

oh, gently caress, so this is pretty much a Barkley 2 situation :smith:

(just to get it out there, since it's more what the thread is about at this point: i think the stuff gauss said was incredibly hosed up, but i also think his apology sounds genuine, and hunting for signs that it isn't is a sign that you're not doing this for the right reasons. i think the YCS/badgame people flooding the thread are a bunch of stupid assholes, but it also seems clear to me that it's just the same bullshit that happens every time an insular group of goons gets called out, and I somehow highly doubt gauss called them in vs. them deciding to do this on their own.)

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jun 24, 2020

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

So everyone deeply offended is going to uninstall this game, not buy any new content, and let this tainted piece of software fade into obscurity, along with his thread, right?

Alright, let's start now. If you post after this you're only adding to the problem of bringing back the pain.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Quake posted:

So everyone deeply offended is going to uninstall this game, not buy any new content, and let this tainted piece of software fade into obscurity, along with his thread, right?

Alright, let's start now. If you post after this you're only adding to the problem of bringing back the pain.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

oh, gently caress, so this is pretty much a Barkley 2 situation :smith:

(just to get it out there, since it's more what the thread is about at this point: i think the stuff gauss said was incredibly hosed up, but i also think his apology sounds genuine, and hunting for signs that it isn't is a sign that you're not doing this for the right reasons. i think the YCS/badgame people flooding the thread are a bunch of stupid assholes, but it also seems clear to me that it's just the same bullshit that happens every time an insular group of goons gets called out, and I somehow highly doubt gauss called them in vs. them deciding to do this on their own.)

I actually don't think it's a genuine apology because it's just too convenient that he realized he was wrong about everything and repented like apparently the day before everything came to light.

Maybe I'm just cynical but I don't think I am in this case.

The Quake posted:

Shut up.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Quake posted:

that ain't how this works but feel free to never post again

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I really loved Brigador. I loved the world and the way you unlocked information in the game; I loved the gameplay I was frankly horrible at. I enjoyed watching them work on levels for the rerelease on Twitch, and when a patch ended up destroying all my progress, they were really nice in trying to help me get my lost progress back.

As a gross, nonpassing trans woman, this poo poo really hurts.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

LeSquide posted:

I really loved Brigador. I loved the world and the way you unlocked information in the game; I loved the gameplay I was frankly horrible at. I enjoyed watching them work on levels for the rerelease on Twitch, and when a patch ended up destroying all my progress, they were really nice in trying to help me get my lost progress back.

As a gross, nonpassing trans woman, this poo poo really hurts.

Ah poo poo, that really sucks. There are good gaming communities out there. If you have any interest in MP Minecraft, just let me know.

In any case, sending love.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Happy Hedonist posted:

Ah poo poo, that really sucks. There are good gaming communities out there. If you have any interest in MP Minecraft, just let me know.

In any case, sending love.

wait till i tell you about the creator of minecraft

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

e: nm

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

dtkozl posted:

What are you talking about? Minecraft came from space.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

dtkozl posted:

Markus Persson is a literal card carrying Nazi. No joke the dude doesnt even hide it, he doesnt have to because if his obscene wealth.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Thankful I bought this (and Minecraft^^^) cheap on the gray market. Uninstalling now--appreciate the heads up, all.

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k
I love Brigador and the narrative reveal made it a wonderfully told story. It was truly the Dark Souls of isometric mech combat, but:

chitoryu12 posted:

Honestly fine with not having one additional video game in my Steam library if it means a racist stops making games.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Microsoft owns minecraft now, buying or playing it doesn't support Notch.

Anyway, I saw gauss's post on Twitter, I'm really disappointed and hope he can get his poo poo together.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Brigador is all about the wanton ruination of people's lives and reveling in the destruction of the enemy so it's only fitting one of the architects of its creation goes under their own wheels

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tagichatn posted:

Anyway, I saw gauss's post on Twitter, I'm really disappointed and hope he can get his poo poo together.

His twitter no longer exists it seems

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

His twitter no longer exists it seems

Yeah, looks like it. I didn't take a screenshot or anything but it was just a copy paste from his forum post. This is what Hugh has to say I guess.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The true Brigador killer... Was racism.

I'm a little surprised he tried to apologize for posts he made a week ago like it was 'a different time' but whatever.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Yeah there's not really any downplaying the poo poo that was in that image, which, uh, is probably the reason for the above post buddy!

Wasn't everyone saying "This is obviously fake" before though lol

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

It's actually good when there is a strong incentive to not behave like a 4channer in any industry.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Cuntellectual posted:

Wasn't everyone saying "This is obviously fake" before though lol

I didn't know if it was real or fake, but I really really wanted it to be fake. I loved Brigador and was really looking forward to Brigador Killers.

Uninstalling now.

This sucks. :(

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Brigadors,
Thank you for your years of support and your fun times enjoying the game and all the great discussions we've had, now for my next trick I'm gonna poo poo myself, then fall over in the poo poo, then roll in it

HNNNGHHH BLAAAAART

Brigadors,
I'm sorry for doing that and now I shall banish myself to the Nether Realms

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Songbearer posted:

Brigadors,
Thank you for your years of support and your fun times enjoying the game and all the great discussions we've had, now for my next trick I'm gonna poo poo myself, then fall over in the poo poo, then roll in it

HNNNGHHH BLAAAAART

Brigadors,

Video games culture summed up nicely.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Tagichatn posted:

oh microsoft, no big deal, those guys are real humanitarians

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Songbearer posted:

Brigadors,

HNNNGHHH BLAAAAART

Brigadors,

GREAT DEVELOPER IS BANNED

BRIGADOR KILLERS MUST FALL

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

RBA Starblade posted:

GREAT DEVELOPER IS BANNED

BRIGADOR KILLERS MUST FALL

SOLO NOBRE'S ORBITAL GUNS MUST BE CANCELLED

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

it's not being an obviously disingenuous bigoted prick

you are all so transparent

Aren't you the guy that said my wife likes bukkake because she's Japanese a few days ago as a "joke"? You're as much a bigot as anyone of these fuckers so get off your high horse.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Tagichatn posted:

Pretty sure Microsoft has done way more damage to the world than Notch or Gauss ever managed.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Aren't you the guy that said my wife likes bukkake because she's Japanese a few days ago as a "joke"? You're as much a bigot as anyone of these fuckers so get off your high horse.

This is wildly off topic, we're not talking about Captain Foo's violent hatred of Asian women, we're currently trying to figure out how to feel good about continuing to play a game that a human rights violating company paid a Nazi billions of dollars for in light of a principled stance against Brigador.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

WOMP WOMP

WOMP WOOOOMP

so yeah the apology was just face saving, and now gauss is double mega cancelled by the same losers constantly whining about cancel culture lmao

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

gauss posted:

The posts are real, I made them on YCS. I'm sorry to everyone for this.

For years, I've posted to a private forum where I've made many transphobic, racist, and anti-semitic remarks. I'm deeply sorry for that, but know that apologizing will not change what I have done.

Over the last decade, I fooled myself into thinking that my words had no consequence, but over the past few days, I've discovered the opposite to be true. It matters what you say, even in private. I've hurt many people.

Effective immediately I am suspending my involvement with Stellar Jockeys & Brigador Killers. I love the game, I love how excited our fans and community have been, but I have jeopardized the trust we've worked so hard to build with everyone. I made this happen, and that means I need to step away.

I can't undo what I did, but I can work forward from here. I have deleted my account for the forum in question. I've been talking to people whose values and perspectives I've been critical of. I now need to spend time listening, learning and growing as a person. I am truly sorry for what I have done.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

You loving suck, you were posting this poo poo like a week ago, why did it take it going public for you change your views wtf

coma
Oct 21, 2010

All this drama made me boot up and go random and drat, what a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

juggalo baby coffin posted:

WOMP WOMP

WOMP WOOOOMP

so yeah the apology was just face saving, and now gauss is double mega cancelled by the same losers constantly whining about cancel culture lmao

what a normal rear end forum