Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

chris hayes will u finally fkin reveal urself now

e: forums are dying who cares about a lovely snype :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Doc Walrus posted:

yeah this sounds fake as poo poo

sure is a wild coïncidence that every one he gets in a relationship w ends up making similar completely untrue allegations of assault because of their combination of medication/substance issues/mental illness, and then flees from his life as completely as possible and prevents him from coming into contact w any children they might have together

guess he just has a run of bad luck!!!

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

If lowtax left it would be weird to see the site actually run by people who are active and present and invested in it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Squizzle posted:

sure is a wild coïncidence that every one he gets in a relationship w ends up making similar completely untrue allegations of assault because of their combination of medication/substance issues/mental illness, and then flees from his life as completely as possible and prevents him from coming into contact w any children they might have together

guess he just has a run of bad luck!!!

and he definitely only takes pain pills because he likes the taste

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
Lowtax is still welcome in D&D since they like Biden right?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Gringostar posted:

lmao

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Gringostar posted:

D&D from what I have seen is totally on the gently caress Lowtax express

NeekBerm
Jun 25, 2004

Who are you calling chicken?

College Slice
I’ll take a BnR invite. My bread is looking like garbage and I need to figure out why.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Gringostar posted:

lowtax is being vetted for veep

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Regged at BnR under klipart.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

bawfuls posted:

I registered on BnR back around the new year when it looked like he might nuke CSPAM, but I'm still holding out hope for now that either the whole forum gets migrated somewhere new (perhaps through sly admin backend work) or taken over. Because if every subforum here splinters off into a different offsite, it's only a matter of time before they all suffocate and die.
cspam is like the slovenia of the forums in a balkanization scenario. and it's a lifeboat. most people don't want the forums to balkanize. but if CSPAM is slovenia and the first to go, mods can't stop it and can't blame anyone for signing up over there especially in circumstances like this -- i mean who are we to tell you where to post on the internet? but what you can do is have a structure in place that goons can return to, if they want. if they don't -- and some won't -- then they won't.

Rastor posted:

You're not wrong but BnR has stated a willingness to be a general forum with subforums and in fact it already is

So if that's where the critical mass accumulates then the rest is just completing a mass migration
i'm not telling people what to do, but it's my sense that you won't get a whole something awful forums-wide migration over there

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Rastor posted:

You're not wrong but BnR has stated a willingness to be a general forum with subforums and in fact it already is

So if that's where the critical mass accumulates then the rest is just completing a mass migration
If that works its great. Basically we need a critical mass of each of the biggest subforums to all end up on the same site.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

I'm regged. Thank you for this.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

T-man posted:

I really hope his enablers from the last two times take accountability.

I see this is floating around and I will say that while I was a mod when the LadyAmbien incident occurred earlier, I didn’t participate because I understood it at the time to primarily be a custody dispute and didn’t want to get involved in something like that.

I also wasn’t aware of Lowtax’s older history in this vein until this most recent incident.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

CSPAM has been remarkably useful for following current events and political causes, so if BnR is an actual successor then I def. want in.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

oh poo poo. thats about half what he was making before all this right. and it's only been about 12 hours since this started

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lowtax is being vetted for veep

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
drat, of course BnR is blocked at my work. I have no idea how SA managed to avoid the filter.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Admin injured in Lowtax-involved beating

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Im not a prolific poster by any means but I have been around here for ages. The community has always been what made this place and really is a special collection of people. Thank you all for making it what it is.

On another note, I could not imagine mistreating my family or never seeing my own kids again. It would break my heart. Please get some help lowtax, family can help us get through life. Misery loves company after all.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?
wait are the bnr invites in place of, or in addition to, the $10 reg fee? I'm confused

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dphi posted:

drat, of course BnR is blocked at my work. I have no idea how SA managed to avoid the filter.

goons in the it dept

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Phil Layshow posted:

oh poo poo. thats about half what he was making before all this right. and it's only been about 12 hours since this started

How's he gonna afford those sweet car payments and cookies

and the child support he doesn't pay

and more importantly his pills

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hopkins FBI posted:

Admin injured in Lowtax-involved beating

i hope reenes fist recovers :ohdear:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

dphi posted:

the filter is likely whitelisting. the sysadmin at some point must have been an SA regular, that's it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

En Garde Motherfuckers posted:

wait are the bnr invites in place of, or in addition to, the $10 reg fee? I'm confused

Just go register and we will approve you eventually

eta: every time i refresh the approval queue, I see more and more users, :hellyeah:

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Just registered as B-rock452 to save the name. Will donate next week once I get paid.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I was kind of figuring that SA wouldn't survive 2020, seeing as it's the best thing on the internet and we're not allowed to have good things anymore in this Hellworld we're marching into.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Zerilan posted:

aside from cspammers it looks to be the main offsite destination for the games chat crew too

Oh? That's pretty big. Games is SA's largest concentration of users isn't it? I'd be thrilled if any new site managed to maintain all the varied hobby forums so I could get my bird pics, board games, and comic strips fixes.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lightning Knight posted:

I see this is floating around and I will say that while I was a mod when the LadyAmbien incident occurred earlier, I didn’t participate because I understood it at the time to primarily be a custody dispute and didn’t want to get involved in something like that.

I also wasn’t aware of Lowtax’s older history in this vein until this most recent incident.

You're good people, Lightning Knight. Fixing up past mistakes is how we grow.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Registered on BNR as ro5s

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1275860680328052737?s=20

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Acelerion posted:

Im not a prolific poster by any means but I have been around here for ages. The community has always been what made this place and really is a special collection of people. Thank you all for making it what it is.

On another note, I could not imagine mistreating my family or never seeing my own kids again. It would break my heart. Please get some help lowtax, family can help us get through life. Misery loves company after all.

*puts HELP AVAILABLE⤵️ sign over the mouth of a well*

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

NeekBerm posted:

I’ll take a BnR invite. My bread is looking like garbage and I need to figure out why.

I'll admit, my last load had a poo poo crumb. I think I'm overworking it

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Just go register and we will approve you eventually

eta: every time i refresh the approval queue, I see more and more users, :hellyeah:

Just registered as Altamahoxha, I'll pay the 10bux if things go south here but if you wanna let me in anyway I'll be ur posting pal

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well he's always been a parasite
that's the nature of the website - reposting forum content and slapping adds on it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Raptor1033 posted:

seek medical attention

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

WampaLord posted:

thanks, i had a bunch of stuff go down right as it was going up so i never got to make an account during the initial rush, always felt bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Raptor1033 posted:

dont forget that as seasons change the ambient humidity changes and can affect the outcome of the bread if you cook it the exact same way!!