Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Laserface posted:

I dont really think the gun meta is that important since i regularly out-gun people using the 'wrong' weapons. There is definitely a few best in class but you are always going to win a gun fight if you have positioning and the element of surprise. picking something that works to your playstyle is far better than stacking attachments for a 2 frame ADS advantage.

They gotta do something about jump-shooters though holy gently caress it is annoying.

God yes, every FPS I’ve ever played has annoying jump shooters. Just make it so you can’t hold your aim when landing or something, jeez.

I like sliding around corners but it is riskier because I seem to get headshot more when I do it, being down lower. Jumping has no real risk other than looking like a complete tool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Manxome Foe posted:

Man, how do you guys even play this game on PC? I have a really high end machine, and the BR mode hitches to the point unplayabaility when there's a gunfight.

Anyway, Rumble was disappointing, it's just Ground War TDM where you parachute in. I thought it was going to be like the Blackout 50v50 which was amazing.

To quote one of the goons today, I play in a big bed with my wife

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

codo27 posted:

Let me guess. You have amd hardware and think it's high end?

Lol how many times are you gonna ask people this itt? Ryzen processors eat Intel for breakfast dude, they rule

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

CJacobs posted:

Lol how many times are you gonna ask people this itt? Ryzen processors eat Intel for breakfast dude, they rule

Are you playing Blender or COD?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Laserface posted:

I dont really think the gun meta is that important since i regularly out-gun people using the 'wrong' weapons.

Yes, the further away from the skill ceiling you get the less relevant 'meta' becomes, but that's true of any game and it doesn't make the meta not important as a whole. It's less relevant in core because you'll naturally find your SBMM cap. If you're running off-meta your cap will just adjust accordingly. If anything it's a good selling point for SBMM. But typically "meta" discussions are centered around people playing at a professional level and what they're using to win, not what the average casual is using.

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 24, 2020

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

They gotta do something about jump-shooters though holy gently caress it is annoying.

Make it no ADS while jumping, there. So it might have a use hip-firing around a corner or something, but it's useless beyond 10 meters.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
No ads in the air at all, I say

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Snazzy Frocks posted:

No ads in the air at all, I say

I would also add no ads while dropping to prone. Obviously ads during prone is fine, but not during the transition.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I think the most important thing to remember in Warzone is always practice your victory hops.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/FamiliarClassicAardwolf-mobile.mp4

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

does aim assist vary depending on what gun you are using?

I get the feeling that the OHK sniper/Kar98 would be a lot more balanced if they didnt get the same aim assist as every other gun in the game. the AA varied on weapons in halo MP which made the sniper an actual skill to use instead of the quick-scoping bullshit you see in COD.

combine that with the no jumpy shooty rule and we got something.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Aim assist shouldn't be allowed at all in mp

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

aiming should not be allowed. the direction you spawn is your direction now, do with it as you will.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
The rocks in this game are way too slippery. I almost lost a game because my super elite soldier slipped off a cliff and couldn’t climb a ledge that came to his stomach.

Chikimiki
May 14, 2009

Dramicus posted:

I would also add no ads while dropping to prone. Obviously ads during prone is fine, but not during the transition.

Yeah I noticed a lot of people suddenly go prone in the middle of a firefight (that's called dolphindiving right?). Did some streamers recommend this tactic? Anyways I don't mind, makes them easier targets :D

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dolphin diving was a thing you could do in the older games where you jumped and then went prone in the air, which made your hitbox smaller. If you try to do that in this game you just do a power-slide to prone as soon as you land. Going prone from standing is called dropshotting and it's good because it forces the enemy to adjust to aim down at you if you do it fast enough. Not so useful with controller aim assist though because it'll just suck their aim down to ground level with you because controllers are lame and a crutch

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Head on prone folks are almost always headshotted so it seems more dangerous to go prone now especially with the slow changing to rotate the body left/right.. I don't see a lot of divers tbh it's mostly psychics who can lock on to your noggin 0.3 milliseconds after turning a corner.

It's funny now how easy the gunfights become in warzone/plunder after playing a lot of core mp though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yeah a lot of the time when I try to dropshot I just end up getting killed with a headshot because it turns out the other guy was aiming at center mass and so I just ducked down into his bullets. :shepface:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Yeah a lot of the time when I try to dropshot I just end up getting killed with a headshot because it turns out the other guy was aiming at center mass and so I just ducked down into his bullets. :shepface:

Yah I am pretty sure this happens when I do my cool guy slide too, pow right to the dome.

Also I had some finisher that involved a hatchet on the head of some poor bastard and good lord it was gruesome poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

moosecow333 posted:

The rocks in this game are way too slippery. I almost lost a game because my super elite soldier slipped off a cliff and couldn’t climb a ledge that came to his stomach.

Back when we played Battlefield 4, there was this 10 year old kid that somehow ended up infiltrating the goon PS4 group and we played with him for a while, because a bunch of people thought it was funny and he was pretty chill for the most part so it was nbd. Anyways, one day I remember watching him fall of a cliff and splat on the rocky beach below and scream "the rocks in this game are so op!"

I know it's barely related to this at all but it still makes me laugh when I think about it.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

moosecow333 posted:

The issue isn't the rocks, it's all the operators high-speed low-dragging too many tactical doritos.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

You go horizontally much faster when you cut the parachute and have your gun out. Tell me why I shouldn’t immediately be cutting, go sideways, open again right when the gun goes away, cut again. Am I losing 9 milliseconds by doing this? I need hard data or I cannot be the best gamer I can be.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Can't believe I spent the last days of SA arguing about frame time delay in a call of duty thread

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Laserface posted:

does aim assist vary depending on what gun you are using?

I get the feeling that the OHK sniper/Kar98 would be a lot more balanced if they didnt get the same aim assist as every other gun in the game. the AA varied on weapons in halo MP which made the sniper an actual skill to use instead of the quick-scoping bullshit you see in COD.

combine that with the no jumpy shooty rule and we got something.

Yes the auto-aim assist ranges are by weapon class. In previous CODs snipers did not get any assist and now they get it. The ranges go from least to most by weapon class as you’d expect, but I’m not sure if snipers get any hipfire assist.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Shima Honnou posted:

The issue isn't the rocks, it's all the operators high-speed low-dragging too many tactical doritos.

It's not a beer gut, it's a tactical fat storage system.

tjones
May 13, 2005
gg goons, nice shitposting with you all

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Our 7 regiments will be our new forums, or our playstation community groups.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I have made an offer to purchase the forums and if it is accepted the first thing I will do is permaban omg chael crash.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

jase1 posted:

I have made an offer to purchase the forums and if it is accepted the first thing I will do is permaban omg chael crash.

:rip: Gary :rip:

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

jase1 posted:

Gary's ban reason will just be a GIF of him falling down elevator shaft at Construction Site

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

The forums are going to explode soon so glhf to the codgoons, lets kiss bro loves u all

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

The forums are going to explode soon so glhf to the codgoons, lets kiss bro loves u all

Someone got the nuke :ohdear:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

priznat posted:

Someone got the nuke :ohdear:

obviously hacking since he did it in 3

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Just wanted to post just in case the forums get Nuked/MOAB’s/KEM striked/etc it’s been a hell of a ride posting here reading all your bad opinions year after year, pub stomping for the first few months, complaining about what a terrible game cod is, vowing never ever to purchase a cod product again and doing the whole cycle again in November.

:cheers: love you all

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

We’re all moving to Infinite Warfare. See you in space, COD goons.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

~runs for exfil helo, slips on some dangerous op rocks, downed~

N-nooo ~reaches feebly~

Orv
May 4, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

We’re all moving to Infinite Warfare. See you in space, COD goons.

Big Red One competitive scene coming back in a big way.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
It's been an honor posting and playing bad games with you chuckle fucks for the past 15 years. If the forums blow up, I'll be saluting you all as they die.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Press F to pay respects (to a finally really dead gay forum)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

obviously hacking since he did it in 3

:golfclap: