Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

once again, shitposting is praxis

finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funk In Shoe
Apr 20, 2008

Waiting in line, Mr. Haydon told me it is a wheel not meant for lovers but for infants, lifting people and letting them swing, putting the world on display from up high

Proud Rat Mom posted:

save the community, as long as i am still pushing the mod buttons

guys all we mods and admins are super dedicated to saving our wonderful community and preserving it going forward, so that we may still be able to probate and ban you all when we come home from our shift at the cinnabun and feel bad for having been chewed out by Candice, the day manager.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Before I forget I finally fixed my loving twitter handle and now maybe I'll have to change it again, follow me @SidViciousSA

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Live Free posted:

if you were a mod/admin who was involved in the covering up of lowtax's abuse please do the right thing and step down. not only is it the virtuous thing to do, but it will probably end better for you than desperately clinging to the last shreds of your fake power will.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Valleyant posted:

reene posted "lol didn't read my bad I approved all the bans" which makes her sound almost worse

none of the mods did any research and willfully ignored the poo poo getting posted because Logan and Dick Yanka were in the thread saying it wasn't true and all made up by his crazy ex's

would have been nice to see a mod stand up to him

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Lol gently caress lowtax. Literally a spineless abuser. Gimme ten bucks back you piece of poo poo

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Not only am I a burden, my every post lowers the overall quality and value of the site.

:yeah:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
getting perma'ed only accelerates my search for an alternative to SA

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Since it's a new page and I don't want people to miss this:

WampaLord posted:

Anyone who wants an invite, just go to https://breadnroses.net/ and register, I will approve, let me know the username you select if it is different.

Also be patient if it takes a little bit, there is a queue I am getting through as quickly as I can.

BnR is actually quite cool and good it seems like. We should all move there.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

getting perma'ed only accelerates my search for an alternative to SA

See above.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

classic abuser poo poo. gaslit and gently caress with someone until they snap and do something stupid like throwing trash and slapping, then act mega-contrite and concerned about their mental health (but a little injured just so you can guilt them later!)

non-abusive people don't react to arguments over tv shows with pushing and throwing and slapping

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

What'd I miss?

Octane Diesel
Sep 27, 2011

People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting too!
lotax retire bitch !

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Here's hoping that the pressure from this forces that serial abuser scumbag to close the site and it doesn't just become an enclave for whatever misogynist and reactionary goons remain.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
FYI abuse victims being labeled as the abuser for fighting back once is like. tale as old as time in domestic violence support services

Chido
Dec 7, 2003

Butterflies fluttering on my face!

Famethrowa posted:

classic abuser poo poo. gaslit and gently caress with someone until they snap and do something stupid like throwing trash and slapping, then act mega-contrite and concerned about their mental health (but a little injured just so you can guilt them later!)

I was thinking the same. Funny how quick Lowtax was to call the police on that. Provoke people until they snap, then when they do claim it's evidence they are abusers.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

But wait, there's more

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cymoril posted:

Anyone got a list of mods who are cool and good, and mods that are hiding

Barudak's first post in this thread denounced lowtax so hes cool in my book

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I took a nap and now theres 3848473891 new posts what did I miss

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
the whole time, it was we who were dead and gay,,, notr the forum

Melvitty
Oct 13, 2005

All the ponies in this town
are
CRAZY!

The Grumbles posted:

It was actually kind of nice coming back recently after all this time to find that the forums are a LOT kinder than they were back then, in lots of ways.

This. I actually stopped posting for a while because, while mostly fun and funny, it was a little intimidating at times. I regret not posting again sooner, but I’m here with you in the end, SA.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Cymoril posted:

Anyone got a list of mods who are cool and good, and mods that are hiding

Videogames is bae

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

bunky posted:

lol how does someone become such a piece of poo poo that they rack up that many DA police reports across multiple partners? you are human trash richard

its very common i believe. the substance abuse doesnt help

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ArfJason posted:

man that sucks, i hope you and the bpd person are doing better.

Much obliged, we're both better now, both still traumatized but it is what it is. They had just gotten out of some heinous DV poo poo and their implosion sucked in a lot of people for a long, long time. Ironically, they're now arguably the most resilient person w/ mental illness I know and they spend most/all their time in social work keeping other people from ending up like they did or worse. Rock bottom does that for some people.

If I can say one thing to anyone who has friends or family with BPD and is in the process of or looking to help them, ffs if at all possible get a loving professional on their case and do not attempt as a layperson to shoulder that burden on your own. Sisyphus ain't poo poo and neither are you. Take care of yourself first.

e:

Muscle Wizard posted:

the only thing we can do is try to live well.

:cheerdoge: amen to that

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 24, 2020

Pillow Face
Jun 22, 2004

Spreading the Nite Crew cancer one volunteer shift at a time.

we must seize the means of administration, we have nothing to lose but our posts

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Lister posted:

Here is another police report from two years ago

why is her name spelled differently across the reports? just a mistake on the part of the officer, or?

cum
Sep 18, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drunken officeparty posted:

You missed my sextuple kill in overwatch

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Obeah posted:

Well, that's a potentially bad sign that poo poo may be on the verge of going down here.

I thought Phiz said he was working on a way to take it down at the request of that awful, awful video?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

no mod should be in power for more than a month

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Docahedron posted:

This is so goddamn funny now.

Quite a few people knew, they just couldn't post about it here. For reasons.

People always know. Burt was an obviously garbage mod, and it isn't just him. The problem is that every mod, no matter how lovely, has a small army of sycophants who follow them around cheerleading them and making GBS threads all over anyone who calls them out.

Look at FactsAreUseless. He was a lovely rubber stamp who enabled the mods in squelching dissent and ruling their petty fiefdoms. He stepped down after ignoring a thousands-of-posts long thread full of admissions of child abuse, and ever since then there's been a 24/7 traveling festival of posters sucking his dick wherever he goes, and thanking him for the amazing job he did as an admin, lol. It's like watching people thanking cops for their service. He acted apologetic for about one minute, then realized he didn't have to.

We got what we deserved. If this kills the forums, we did it to ourselves.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
a lot of this talk about abuse has very "that's exactly what a spy would say" energy tbh

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Firstborn posted:

the whole time, it was we who were dead and gay,,, notr the forum

A forum cannot fail, it can only be failed

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

Lowtax number is down down down!

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
Jeffrey of YOSPOS should just download the site, transfer all the posts, usernames, passwords etc to forums.somethingawful2.com and Lowtax can drive around in a reasonably priced automobile like the rest of us.

I wouldn't support a website where the owner assaulted a fuckin' dog, let alone a woman barely out of high school and the mother of his children.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How's the Patreon doing?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

why is her name spelled differently across the reports? just a mistake on the part of the officer, or?

Missouri police

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

non-abusive people don't react to arguments over tv shows with pushing and throwing and slapping

there can be abusive acts by the victim, but it doesn't change the balance of power in the situation. the context of the other police reports doesn't really leave much wriggle here.

Obeah
Apr 12, 2013

GO OVER GO OVER GOOVER GOOVER IT'S ALL GOOVY, BABY!

dex_sda posted:

I thought Phiz said he was working on a way to take it down at the request of that awful, awful video?

Oh, if so, I missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Imagine being given 100k+ a year for free and losing it because you can't not hit a person. I'll keep not hitting people for half that!