Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Sloppy posted:

Cool interactions (well, it sucked for me) I wasn't expecting:

A) If Solarian Prime kills Sylvanas and she steals him, the rest of his random spells are cast by the Sylvanas player

B) If one of those spells is Evocation, they keep them all until the end of their next turn (which makes sense given the card wording, but still caught me by surprise)

Sylvanas does this with any minions that are capable of casting multiple spells. There were a few Trolden videos back in the day showing her completely dunking on Yogg-Saron players this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

I usually only play wild but with the new 10-11x bonus stars thing I hit legend on like the first week, so I decided to stop playing wild for the rest of the month and started doing standard.

:toot:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Promoted Pawn posted:

Sylvanas does this with any minions that are capable of casting multiple spells. There were a few Trolden videos back in the day showing her completely dunking on Yogg-Saron players this way.
Yogg would sometimes do this to himself with Treachery.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

What's the deal with Savjz and the current BG tourney? I recall his wife got unfairly fired from Blizzard when they downsized and cut their entire esports branch laying off like 800 staff with no warning, and it looks like he may have been blacklisted?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Beasteh posted:

What's the deal with Savjz and the current BG tourney? I recall his wife got unfairly fired from Blizzard when they downsized and cut their entire esports branch laying off like 800 staff with no warning, and it looks like he may have been blacklisted?

Based on what he said on twitter, his wife critized Blizzard so someone decided to blacklist him. Punishing Savjz just because he is married to someone critical of Blizzard!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
The Brawl tournament today has been so poorly run. You have teams of folks you could listen into, or maybe show all 4 battles at once, instead they just show one person for a long time (and sometimes leaving the cursor over a card, blocking the view). The commentors seemed to not even know what was happening on the other matches, being only reliant on the main screen. Throw in them apparently blacklisting Savjz, who would have made a great addition if they bothered piping in audio from the players... its just an absolute mess of an event.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

they can run their events as lovely as they want as long as they throw free packs at me for streaming it in the background while i do anything else.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Blizzard just can't keep from stepping in poo poo. Blacklisting someone for that reason is terrible but explicitly laying it out for them is next-level stupid.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So who won?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Team Dog, Hafu, Thijs, Shtan.

Team Firebat, and others i forget, second.

Kripp and co third.

Kibler last.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Is there a discord server I should be joining as a potential liferaft? Nobody's posted in hearthgoons in two years.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
+1 I'm climbing into a hundred boats just in case.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Hey, so, apropos of nothing, I decided to make a card games discord. Not sure if people want this (or if there isn't one already) and I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's here I guess

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Hey, so, apropos of nothing, I decided to make a card games discord. Not sure if people want this (or if there isn't one already) and I have no idea what I'm doing, but it's here I guess

Thanks!

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
I have made one for a Blizzard subforum: https://discord.gg/64yaMQ

There is also a sticky thread if that invite expires.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It already has, yeah

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
https://discord.gg/4NvqWx

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Man, this new legendary quest ("Concede four times") is really rough.

Posting as if every post could be the last, yay!

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 24, 2020

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

These heroic challenges are as horrible as I remember.

Edit: Lady Vashj is the worst BS.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 24, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

mcbexx posted:

Man, this new legendary quest ("Concede four times") is really rough.

Posting as if every post could be the last, yay!

Restart 3 times then concede is faster.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Kinda weird you can't use wild cards in the challenge mode. Eventually the decks that beat them now will rotate.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Amoeba102 posted:

Kinda weird you can't use wild cards in the challenge mode. Eventually the decks that beat them now will rotate.

Yeah, it kind of sucks that as overpowered as the bosses are, AND can use wild cards, you're stuck with standard. Basically it seems like you need to be lucky on RNG draw and have a board to close with an Alex.

I'm guessing no wild was because mechathun is the only legit way to maybe enjoy this. Every one of these suck.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I came into the same way I came into the heroic Galakrond's awakening - build an OTK mage wild deck. Instead I've gone with a Rez priest, which from what I hear is the go.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
My current tavern brawl deck is "Swarm 7" and I would not be surprised if it is 90% of the decks tomorrow, as it is probably the most broken thing I have ever seen. Hero power is deal 3 to any enemy or heal 3 to any friendly and it costs 0 mana and you can use it twice a turn lmao. Rest of the deck is token druid poo poo.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Yeah pretty sure this is supposed to occupy the same slot as the Heroic challenges from previous adventures. Allowing Wild cards would mean that the opposing decks are so overpowered that people without Wild collections would be almost entirely shut out.

I’m currently walking through the challenge with Highlander Mage, though I’ll admit pretty much every win has come from Alexstrasza setting them to 15 first.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

So I got Illidan's HP on the brawl and apparently you win automatically if you make it to 10 mana.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the deck I ran into was a Hunter one which wasn't very good except the hero power was give all friendly minions everywhere +1/+1 and you could cast it twice for free

good luck making it to turn 10 against that

and I finally beat the first heroic challenge with Gala Thief Priest, is there a decent reward for doing the rest? because if not I think I'll save the effort and not bother

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 25, 2020

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Just golden Kael’thas, apparently.

I barely bothered because I have almost no Standard decks these days :v:

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Regalingualius posted:

Which is listed in the collection manager as uncraftable, so it looks like this challenge is the only way to get one.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Finally defeated all the bosses, what a slog. The first few are okay but the later ones are terrible.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

can't see myself playing Wild Miracle Druid any time soon so I probably won't bother with the rest then

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Despite the sad state of Paladin I’ve been liking this deck, how it’s hilarious how sticky the villains are and then you got healing

### Recurring Quest
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Sanctuary
# 1x (3) Call to Adventure
# 1x (3) Sword of Justice
# 1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (5) Recurring Villain
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAYsWBoMF3Qq0mwP7uAP8uAOEwQMM3APPnQO7pQOMrQOusAPIuAPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

a fatguy baldspot fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 25, 2020

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
I started with the hunter deathrattle deck which seemed entertaining. Then I ran into the train that is Druid with that insane free six damage hero power. Then I ran over a few people with that deck and welp, that’s probably enough brawling for the week. That hero power - good lord.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Chernabog posted:

Finally defeated all the bosses, what a slog. The first few are okay but the later ones are terrible.

Yeah, it's like that because you just build one stupid deck amd beat everything with it, instead of building a deck to counter the gimmick or whatever. Well, maybe you can build a deck that counters, but it's easier to counter bullshit with bullshit.

Endless vargoths, infiltrators and catarinas. Some bosses i had to restart a few times because it was still too much sometimes. Like kael - if you can get him to topdecking and pyroing your minions you can probably close it out. Otherwise he'll 4 x pyro you in 2 turns. Teron was also a bit annoying because you could take a lot of early damage trying to get value from the free clears and get double death coiled, or he steals my minions and I'm dead in the water.
I think the rest were 1 or 2 shots. Even Illidan only took 2 tries.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

My brawl deck is currently some hunter thing that casts spells for HP and is filled with call of the wild and that 6 mana twinspell 5/5 rusher thing.

Also the hero power is 1 mana +1/+1 to all minions everywhere. I’ve won like 5 games in a row on turn 3.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
What deck did you guys use for Illidan? He feels like a tier above all the other bosses.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I used pure libram paladin for the first few bosses, then rez priest for a couple and finally control quest priest for Illidan (with a bunch of weapon removal).

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

What deck did you guys use for Illidan? He feels like a tier above all the other bosses.

All bosses including illidan with rez priest.

2 infiltrators, vargoth and catarina for minions
Quest
Plagues of death, breath spell, holy nova, words of pain and death, penance, renew, 1 radiance for self healing spikes with vargoth. Grave runes, the new splitting spell. Mass dispels.
Something like that. Oh and mass rez.

Use quest and just keep self healing until you can get some minions down. Best to have 2 infiltrators and vargoth die, then mass rez for an easy win.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Despite the sad state of Paladin I’ve been liking this deck, how it’s hilarious how sticky the villains are and then you got healing

### Recurring Quest
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Imprisoned Sungill
# 2x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Sanctuary
# 1x (3) Call to Adventure
# 1x (3) Sword of Justice
# 1x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (5) Recurring Villain
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAYsWBoMF3Qq0mwP7uAP8uAOEwQMM3APPnQO7pQOMrQOusAPIuAPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I crafted Liadrin for this, and its not bad, but I think Pure Paladin is definitely better. It also has the problem of being dependent on the right cards at the right time, but no where near the extent of this deck's dependency on Villains. Pyromancer is good in this deck though.