Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Can someone give me a summary of what is going on with various rewards at the minute?

I can get Golden Kael-thas from doing what exactly?
The current brawl is unrelated right?
Legendary Happy Hellfire Quest - that appears in the quest log automatically right?

Not entirely sure why I'm so confused by all this, but I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

Can someone give me a summary of what is going on with various rewards at the minute?

I can get Golden Kael-thas from doing what exactly?
The current brawl is unrelated right?
Legendary Happy Hellfire Quest - that appears in the quest log automatically right?

Not entirely sure why I'm so confused by all this, but I am.

1)doing all the adventure challenges for ashes of outland (bs hard, but can be accomplished with cheese decks)
2) Correct
3) correct. it will overwrite an old quest if you had 3 quests already.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Yestermoment posted:

1)doing all the adventure challenges for ashes of outland (bs hard, but can be accomplished with cheese decks)

Can you link me some cheese decks to get this over with?

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

kaesarsosei posted:

https://www.hearthpwn.com/decks?filter-search=challenge&filter-deck-tag=1

Take your pick, Sailor.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

kaesarsosei posted:

### Day of the Dead
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 1x (0) Forbidden Words
# 1x (1) Activate the Obelisk
# 1x (1) Radiance
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Penance
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 2x (3) Breath of the Infinite
# 1x (4) Archmage Vargoth
# 2x (4) Grave Rune
# 2x (4) Holy Nova
# 2x (4) Mass Dispel
# 2x (5) Convincing Infiltrator
# 2x (5) Psyche Split
# 1x (5) Time Rip
# 1x (8) Catrina Muerte
# 2x (9) Mass Resurrection
# 2x (9) Plague of Death
#
AAECAZ/HAgbWmQOTmwOYmwPdqwPRrAPNrwMMyQbTCtYK1wqClAOZmwOZqQOfqQPZrAPyrAOTugOWugMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Not really refined but it does work.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You are Kael with a rockpool hunter at 5 coins. You get offered 2 rockpool hunters.
Do you:
A) buy one, sell it and buy the other for two 4/5 rockpools
B) buy one and freeze for a triple

I think A is correct even if it feels wrong to give up the triple, but only because of his HP.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

kaesarsosei posted:

I crafted Liadrin for this, and its not bad, but I think Pure Paladin is definitely better. It also has the problem of being dependent on the right cards at the right time, but no where near the extent of this deck's dependency on Villains. Pyromancer is good in this deck though.

whoa! thanks, i'm honored someone put some dust into my idea. i'm 8/2 with the current incarnation of the deck in plat 5 (took out call to adventure and put in another angling rod) i'm not entirely convinced pure paladin is better, as someone who has put in a lot of time with pure paladin. this feels much more aggro and so can beat a few matchups that pure struggles in (priest namely). and yea pyros would be good here, not sure what to cut for them, since they're a little slow and the deck doesn't really need more board clears imo

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Chernabog posted:

You are Kael with a rockpool hunter at 5 coins. You get offered 2 rockpool hunters.
Do you:
A) buy one, sell it and buy the other for two 4/5 rockpools
B) buy one and freeze for a triple

I think A is correct even if it feels wrong to give up the triple, but only because of his HP.

Neither.

C) Buy one of the other non-useful minions, play and sell it, buy Rockpool, freeze.

Even on non-Kael heroes this is the line. Your freeze only blocks 2 tavern slots, giving a better chance at a Murloc next turn for value. (edit: and a shot at 2 good minions, so that Turn 5 can be level up + triple).

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a fatguy baldspot posted:

whoa! thanks, i'm honored someone put some dust into my idea. i'm 8/2 with the current incarnation of the deck in plat 5 (took out call to adventure and put in another angling rod) i'm not entirely convinced pure paladin is better, as someone who has put in a lot of time with pure paladin. this feels much more aggro and so can beat a few matchups that pure struggles in (priest namely). and yea pyros would be good here, not sure what to cut for them, since they're a little slow and the deck doesn't really need more board clears imo

I've had an inexplicable need to make recurring villain work for the past month or so, and what I came up with is somewhat similar to yours

no guarantee that this deck is actually any good but it's fun

### recurring
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 2x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Call to Adventure
# 2x (3) Sword of Justice
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 1x (4) Hammer of Wrath
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 2x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (5) Recurring Villain
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
# 2x (9) Libram of Hope
#
AAECAaToAgT6Ae0F1LoDhMEDDfsB3AODBc8G9ge0mwPPnQPKuAP9uAPquQPruQPsuQPKwQMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

oh poo poo, Teron Gorefriend, I didn’t even think of him. he might be really interesting tho it makes you even more vulnerable to a poorly timed silence than the deck already is

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

a fatguy baldspot posted:

oh poo poo, Teron Gorefriend, I didn’t even think of him. he might be really interesting tho it makes you even more vulnerable to a poorly timed silence than the deck already is

yeah, most of the use I've gotten out of him is eating a villain that already has 4+ attack with a libram, so that 1 silence no longer completely shuts things down. in the few games I've played with it, though, the only relevant effects I've seen are rogue saps and maybe the occasional consume magic - who runs ironbeak owl?

I tried righteous cause for a bit but it felt too janky to activate when relevant. this especially because I didn't run imprisoned sungill or other ways to summon multiple minions at once - often ended up just giving me +1/+1 on a single minion. thalnos draws a card when eaten (same logic as loot hoarder vs novice engineer) and plus helps consecration clear a glowfly swarm + power of the wild board. since thalnos is in there I put in hammer of wrath for draw with upside, but maybe blessing of wisdom is the better choice, since it also synergizes with lady liadrin. I doubt this is the secret deck that rescues paladin from the dumpster, but it can definitely still be refined.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AnacondaHL posted:

Neither.

C) Buy one of the other non-useful minions, play and sell it, buy Rockpool, freeze.

Even on non-Kael heroes this is the line. Your freeze only blocks 2 tavern slots, giving a better chance at a Murloc next turn for value. (edit: and a shot at 2 good minions, so that Turn 5 can be level up + triple).

Oh, yeah. :doh:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, most of the use I've gotten out of him is eating a villain that already has 4+ attack with a libram, so that 1 silence no longer completely shuts things down. in the few games I've played with it, though, the only relevant effects I've seen are rogue saps and maybe the occasional consume magic - who runs ironbeak owl?

I tried righteous cause for a bit but it felt too janky to activate when relevant. this especially because I didn't run imprisoned sungill or other ways to summon multiple minions at once - often ended up just giving me +1/+1 on a single minion. thalnos draws a card when eaten (same logic as loot hoarder vs novice engineer) and plus helps consecration clear a glowfly swarm + power of the wild board. since thalnos is in there I put in hammer of wrath for draw with upside, but maybe blessing of wisdom is the better choice, since it also synergizes with lady liadrin. I doubt this is the secret deck that rescues paladin from the dumpster, but it can definitely still be refined.

for sure! I find sun gill really helps contest the early board and figuring out how to get the most out of righteous cause is one of my favorite parts of the deck. I can’t remember the last time it only hit one minion, and I think if you can get at least two then it’s pulling it’s weight

oh also blessing of wisdom is useful for a bit of delay, make the opponent think twice about attacking if you put it on one of their guys

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

as someone who’s been trying recurring villain decks for multiple expansions I wonder how a Defender of Argus would do, since it helps deal with one of recurring villain’s main problems of faster decks just ignoring it

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Tuned into Kibler's stream today and he was fundraising for RAINN. I know it's just coincidence but choose to believe he's a goon

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Oops

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Hit Legend again with aggro/deathrattle Hunter. If you like 7- turn games, this is the deck for you.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Hit Legend again with aggro/deathrattle Hunter. If you like 7- turn games, this is the deck for you.

Serious question, if there was a button that popped up at the beginning of the game that said “press this for a 58% to instantly win the game and 42% to lose,” would you just press that button at the start of every game until you hit legend?

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Can you post your deck?

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Mayveena posted:

Can you post your deck?

### COVID-19
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 1x (4) Scrap Shot
#
AAECAa/XAwSSBYewA9S6A/m6Aw2oArUDyQTbCf4M86cD+68D/K8DhbADzrgDpLkD9roD/7oDAA==
#

Elysium posted:

Serious question, if there was a button that popped up at the beginning of the game that said “press this for a 58% to instantly win the game and 42% to lose,” would you just press that button at the start of every game until you hit legend?

I actually think aggro decks have more interesting decisions than a lot of midrange Curvestone decks, but yes the shorter games have some advantages.

Big Piece O Shit fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 26, 2020

Sayara
May 10, 2009

Elysium posted:

I would, considering I win 25% of my games and aren't out of bronze yet at this point of month. I miss decent budget decks.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Everyone has different playstyles. I for one do not really like combo decks where you have to bide your time and play certain cards in a certain order, even though the pay-off is usually enjoyable.

I also hate the feeling of playing board-centric aggro decks that can basically lose to one well timed board clear.

So I'm probably a non-combo control and/or mid-range type player. Having said that, my current favourite deck to play is Quest spell-only mage and I'm not sure what category that falls into.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
shoutouts to this madman of a reno, who hero powered his starting selfless hero on turn 3

thank u for your service

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
I was messing around once so I hero powered the dude who sells for 3 gold. So then I got a turn with a 6/6, upgraded tavern, sold it for 6 gold, and then upgraded tavern again. I wouldn't say it was some master strategy but it was interesting.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I'm Platinum 2, Kibler is Platinum 3, my day is made :smuggo:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
lmao I golded a Zapp as reno and in the battle for second place (first guy is divine shield poisonous murlocs) I attacked first and instantly wiped out my opponent's Rivendare, golden Spawn and two hydras

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
I'm loving the Paladin chat. I've been using Quest Libram to clear quests, not playing much or doing well (I have also been matched 50% against Priest, which is the worst matchup because they always, always, steal your librams and ways to discount them), but I just ground a Bomb Warrior into dust. He missed his out for lethal on turn 12 when he didn't attack a boom bot into my Khartut when I was at three health. I probably messed up my Cho timing, but I'm feeling good.

Replay here: https://hsreplay.net/replay/9mDGzm9CMKefLhh7VKDdCJ

deck:
### Custom Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Aldor Attendant
# 1x (1) Making Mummies
# 1x (1) Righteous Cause
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Libram of Wisdom
# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho
# 1x (2) Micro Mummy
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Shotbot
# 2x (2) Temple Berserker
# 2x (4) Ancestral Guardian
# 2x (4) Bone Wraith
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (5) Aldor Truthseeker
# 1x (5) Libram of Justice
# 2x (6) Khartut Defender
# 2x (7) Exotic Mountseller
# 1x (7) Lady Liadrin
#
AAECAZ8FBu8IxaEDk6UDjK0DyrgDhMEDDNwD4p8DoKEDoaEDu6UD8qUD9KcDjbYD/bgD67kD7LkDysEDAA==
#
# Generated by HDT - https://hsreplay.net

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

as someone who’s been trying recurring villain decks for multiple expansions I wonder how a Defender of Argus would do, since it helps deal with one of recurring villain’s main problems of faster decks just ignoring it

I might try this later

Deck is currently 10/3 with no changes. I would also like to amend that righteous cause only hitting one minion is fine if that minion is a villain

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Brann was found on Turn 6. That's 8 gold and I'm in endgame comp.

-17 to every opponent until the end.

Turn 15:

:barf:

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

I'm quoting this just so in a few months when I feel like doing these, I'll be able to find this post.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

fanny packrat posted:

# 1x (2) Lorewalker Cho

# 2x (7) Exotic Mountseller

This is some sauce here.

I ended up beating the Fellfire challenge in one sitting using Quest/Rez Priest for all but 2 of the fights, the other two I used Quest Spell Mage. One-shotted Illidan with Priest. The hardest two fights IMO were Teron and Mother Shahraz(?).

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

kaesarsosei posted:

This is some sauce here.

I ended up beating the Fellfire challenge in one sitting using Quest/Rez Priest for all but 2 of the fights, the other two I used Quest Spell Mage. One-shotted Illidan with Priest. The hardest two fights IMO were Teron and Mother Shahraz(?).

Yeah! Cho is great because he lets you transition to a weird mill deck, and people get so scared of playing spells once he hits the board that they keep their hand size huge. And Mountsellers are an obvious inclusion once you realize that you're holding a buttload of 0 cost spells.

Again, Priest just destroys this deck, but I think it has game against a lot of the meta.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Beat the final few bosses once I threw Alex in and enough stall/healing/rez. Was excited to hopefully disenchant Golden KT to craft and play that Aggro Teron deck.

No, you can't disenchant it. Duh. Forgot that the original KT was given away free too.

Decent afternoon though of challenge I guess.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Goddamn, what is happening? Fist DocDisrespect gets the banhammer and now there are allegations against Purple?

https://twitter.com/Purple__HS/status/1276954641268461568

https://twitter.com/shadowmisstep/status/1275617868512661505

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

### COVID-19
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Phoenix
#
# 2x (1) Dwarven Sharpshooter
# 1x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Toxic Reinforcements
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Kobold Sandtrooper
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Scavenger's Ingenuity
# 2x (3) Animal Companion
# 2x (3) Augmented Porcupine
# 2x (3) Eaglehorn Bow
# 2x (3) Kill Command
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 2x (3) Unleash the Hounds
# 1x (4) Dragonbane
# 2x (4) Mok'Nathal Lion
# 1x (4) Scrap Shot
#
AAECAa/XAwSSBYewA9S6A/m6Aw2oArUDyQTbCf4M86cD+68D/K8DhbADzrgDpLkD9roD/7oDAA==
#

I actually think aggro decks have more interesting decisions than a lot of midrange Curvestone decks, but yes the shorter games have some advantages.

I don't understand how you can climb the ladder with this deck. As soon as you hit rank 5s in either diamond or plat, it's all control decks.

I hit a spicy 5 win streak followed by a 10 loss streak as soon as I hit D5.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Yeah pure face and aggro is just not the way to go. It's basically a coin toss to see if your face hitting tactic is going to work out but as soon as you run out of steam in turn 5 you either already won or will lose and almost all decks out there have a solid setup to force the latter by just staying alive.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Do you know what Odd DH really needed?

Even more aggression.

### odder
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Consume Magic
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Lowly Squire
# 2x (1) Mana Burn
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Hench-Clan Thug
# 2x (3) Satyr Overseer
# 2x (5) Cobalt Spellkin
# 2x (5) Glaivebound Adept
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (5) Loatheb
# 1x (5) Metamorphosis
# 2x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAZvoAwSvBPoOnvgCw7wDDbYTpu8C/acDgbEDh7oDxLwD4LwDusYD1MgD98gD+cgD/sgD8skDAA==
#

Priestess of Fury is actually probably too slow in this deck so it gets swapped out. Cobalt spellkin is quite likely to let you immediately push a tonne more damage into face or screw the opponent over on clutch turns with more mana burn.

Eyebeam, pffft, don't need that. Buffing up aldrachi is all the heal you need.

Deck is basically full of terrifying reach and murder. If in doubt, face.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

mcbexx posted:

Goddamn, what is happening? Fist DocDisrespect gets the banhammer and now there are allegations against Purple?

https://twitter.com/Purple__HS/status/1276954641268461568

https://twitter.com/shadowmisstep/status/1275617868512661505

Whole lot of predators in gaming. Does not surprise me.

Remember, believe women.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

This is what a 0.1% looks like. Yes, boat is involved.

https://youtu.be/gAh1bTMSG48

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Disargeria posted:

I don't understand how you can climb the ladder with this deck. As soon as you hit rank 5s in either diamond or plat, it's all control decks.

I hit a spicy 5 win streak followed by a 10 loss streak as soon as I hit D5.

Priest and Paladin (which are uncommon) were the only control decks it struggles with. Control Warrior is very manageable with Teron Gorefiend combos. Mage is close to auto-win, favorable against Warlock, Rogue, and Reno Hunter. NoHands Warrior can really only win if they get a huge Armorsmith/Risky Skipper turn. Demon Hunter is favorable too if you mulligan hard for Explosive Trap and know when to play it.

Big Piece O Shit fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 28, 2020