Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

That's it? Does it always go this way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

where will the achewood thread go and where will the Øyvind Thorsby thread go? these are the things I will miss most from the comic chat

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Voice of Labor posted:

where will the achewood thread go and where will the Øyvind Thorsby thread go? these are the things I will miss most from the comic chat

My first post on this dumb site is here and I would be kind of sad to see that little weird insight into 21-year old me go.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
I probably wouldn’t have gotten into Achewood without this forum, and there’s no way any other people actively talking about Achewood at this point would be near as sufferable as this.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Make a discord that's exclusively one person wandering in every few weeks to say "heh remember the one about the nachos"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Gann Jerrod posted:

I probably wouldn’t have gotten into Achewood without this forum, and there’s no way any other people actively talking about Achewood at this point would be near as sufferable as this.

They put too much stock in the wrong comics. They always bring up the garage sale one. It’s a classic but achewood is so much more than making fun of yokels. There’s the one about nachos. That one has old timey yokels.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Erebus posted:

Make a discord that's exclusively one person wandering in every few weeks to say "heh remember the one about the nachos"

Hypocrite?! Hey, that was my BIRTHDAY, rear end in a top hat!

(I made Galaxy Nachos for dinner last week and had the leftovers for lunch the next day. It was not my birthday.)

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Erebus posted:

right now there's a goon coder working alt-text into discord

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

I'll miss you guys.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Ugly In The Morning posted:

My first post on this dumb site is here and I would be kind of sad to see that little weird insight into 21-year old me go.

the beef of a lad looking towards the ray of a man holding an almost comically ridiculous shotgun. your story is the forums story.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Erebus posted:

There's a Facebook group

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
this and the discworld thread are the two oldest surviving ones i've posted in

fast times at achewood high was still going on

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oxxidation posted:

Man, that arc aged so well. I didn't really like it when it was going on, but once I was able to read it all in one shot and not deal with the schedule slippage it was so good

the beef of a lad looking towards the ray of a man holding an almost comically ridiculous shotgun. your story is the forums story.

I'm pretty sure buying that insane shotgun was the most Ray thing I've ever done.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Oxxidation posted:

Wait theres a Discworld thread

poo poo

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Kind of apropos of nothing much but while everyone's waxing nostalgic i just remembered that i bought my forums account due to your Scots in Egypt let's play, which I still have fond memories of. So, thanks. I think.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I like that someone can say "that one about the nachos" and someone else assumed it was the Nachos For Every Meal strip, and not the correct one (I boo the nacho as his father!). Or the El Bulli strip, wherein we deny what a nacho even is.

Cornelius slamming a loafer into a grenade tattoo, sobbing.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

the bss discord has an achewood channel and they'd prob chuck a thorsby one on there if you ask

https://discord.gg/qPvBT6

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Lowtax, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

There is a Roast Beef quality to the forums right now...lot of worry about a disaster that hasn't happened yet.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pershing posted:

There is a Roast Beef quality to the forums right now...lot of worry about a disaster that hasn't happened yet.

the disaster already happened, my dude. salt the earth, become the ruling body.

LlamaTrauma
Jan 12, 2005

Well here I am
Drunk in Heaven
Kinda seems redundant
Achewood taught me to prebake the chips before adding toppings when making nachos, and for that I am forever grateful.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Turpitude II posted:

the bss discord has an achewood channel and they'd prob chuck a thorsby one on there if you ask

https://discord.gg/qPvBT6

I just added one! Go hog wild.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Deathlove posted:

the disaster already happened, my dude. salt the earth, become the ruling body.

Turn on your ad blockers

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Well it looks like things might be okay, which is great, and we all just need to be patient an-

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Osmosisch posted:

Kind of apropos of nothing much but while everyone's waxing nostalgic i just remembered that i bought my forums account due to your Scots in Egypt let's play, which I still have fond memories of. So, thanks. I think.

elephaaaaants

ELEPHAAAAANNNTTTSSSS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'd say :rip: Angus but the truth is I'm not entirely sure he's not still out there somewhere, looking for a fight :unsmith:

Perhaps... a Great Outdoor Fight....? :aaa:

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really like this strip about nachos:

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05042009

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

The best cheese for nachos is called Pochego, and it's from France

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I describe an embarrassing amount of meals as “cloaked in exotic chili fruit”

“But that’s not the line, Ugly!” You say, underestimating the cheese:Habs ratio of my nachos.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bony tony posted:

There's a Facebook group

Said Facebook group has improved substantially over the years, btw.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Said Facebook group has improved substantially over the years, btw.

That group was straight shittlin garbage

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Erebus posted:

"got thought's about 👉molly's relationship👈 with rb(roast beef)?? see pins for discussion rules!!! or u will be BANED 😛!!"

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Can we talk about pizza there?

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

boo_radley posted:

"got thought's about 👉molly's relationship👈 with rb(roast beef)?? see pins for discussion rules!!! or u will be BANED 😛!!"

What if I have an opinion about dd(Roast Beef Disney Fantasy Signature edition)?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

i have had whoper

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

What is a probe but an Onion Offense™?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did I get the phrase rough chuckle from Achewood?

I use it a lot and it seems to apply to some Lowtax jokes.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Jerusalem posted:

i have had whoper

Please read the forum F.A.Q. on item nomenclature. It also provides the necessary escape-key sequences for producing special atmos, such as ®, Æ, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

bony tony posted:

What is a probe but an Onion Offense™?
I am a fool and a coward who has never taken advantage of being a mod to post,"Thoughtfully considers second probation tab" :negative:

How Wonderful! posted:

Please read the forum F.A.Q. on item nomenclature. It also provides the necessary escape-key sequences for producing special atmos, such as ®, Æ, etc.

come on do you like 2 eat pizza?

(JERUSALEM'S IP BLOCKED FROM BK CHATZONE)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 27, 2020