Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
one time an admin quoted me andi went into a k hole for 28 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

T-man posted:

Athanatos is the loving worst for this, and he talks the same way if you waste your time and bother PMing him. He is a goddamn HR department made flesh, a golem made of paperwork and rear end covering.

well yea they needed a good cop to counteract fluffdaddy just rolling into every thread fists swinging at everyone he didn't like the look of while reading nothing

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yinlock posted:

it's p. clear that they always put on that polite We Hear You, You Are Important To Us tone then hop on the mod discord or whatever and holler about how those commoners are disrespecting their betters yet again

guess this is why the centrist idiots in D&D get such a free pass in bad faith posting while anybody with progressive viewpoints immediately eats a sixer

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Quetzadilla posted:

Yeah I mean it is what it is, extenuating circumstances and all. I'm sure the staff understand this but unfortunately the mission of B&R has changed now. It's kind of pointless to make the forums not publically viewable or to maintain referral chains. KF and bad actors are inside the gates now and, as long as they lurk, won't ever be purged. It's no longer a safe space for lefty/marginalized types but literally a surrogate SA now with pretty much all the cons that entails.

Nah

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Wheeee posted:

well yea they needed a good cop to counteract fluffdaddy just rolling into every thread fists swinging at everyone he didn't like the look of while reading nothing

Blasting away with bans is the trademark of the final era, after all

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tesseraction posted:

I think you have fatally misunderstood the joke

it's why don is one of the best poster this place has ever produced.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Wheeee posted:

A "good" cop who as far as I can tell did absolutely nothing the entire time.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wheeee posted:

like an imperial official in a dying empire, slowly going mad and ordering executions for the smallest infraction to “MAINTAIN ORDER!!!” at all costs

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Asema posted:

guess this is why the centrist idiots in D&D get such a free pass in bad faith posting while anybody with progressive viewpoints immediately eats a sixer

The boot loves the bootlickers.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

T-man posted:

Athanatos is the loving worst for this, and he talks the same way if you waste your time and bother PMing him. He is a goddamn HR department made flesh, a golem made of paperwork and rear end covering.

oh yeah, at least fluff lets you know he hates you and isn't reading anything you say, athanatos has to make a novel about nothing before doing the same poo poo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lying sack of poo poo has been straight grifting goons on his patreon

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

T-man posted:

yea the purpose of the good cop isn't to actually be good, it's to trick stupid people into thinking they're dealing with someone reasonable

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

tbf is there any other kind of good cop? :grin:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE!

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

He is starting to suspect Kras Mazov *fucked him over* personally with his socio-economic theory. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

T-man posted:

Its the perfect idiot cop movie pairing: A bumbling gently caress up who literally can't stop "negligently discharging" his gun, and his partner who gets entranced watching paint dry. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but having come in two days before KM stepped down in TGRS and watching Fluffdaddy's ascendancy, he is one of the most pure dogshit-brained people I've ever seen on the internet

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fly Molo posted:

tbf is there any other kind of good cop? :grin:

*laughs in permaban*

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
lowtax will go to prison and run the site from there like a mob boss, throwing kites from cell to cell

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

He ruffled the feathers of the QCS regular crew by basically doing nothing at all which is pretty drat funny imo

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Nineball posted:

Its the perfect idiot cop movie pairing: A bumbling gently caress up who literally can't stop "negligently discharging" his gun, and his partner who gets entranced watching paint dry. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but having come in two days before KM stepped down in TGRS and watching Fluffdaddy's ascendancy, he is one of the most pure dogshit-brained people I've ever seen on the internet

On that note KM you were great and you also don't deserve what this forum did to you.

... Somethingawful really doesn't do good things to lady mods. :thunk:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

maine is somewhere in the middle where he pretends he knows what's going on but really obviously doesn't

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nineball posted:

it’s p. impressive, ngl, he really gives 110% at all times

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
If anyone wants my opinion, I want the forums (as a community) to survive but it just can't as long as Lowtax is around.

Personally, I think the only solution is to cut all monetary funding to him and the forums, move as much as possible to offsites to put enough pressure on it to surrender the forum and its code. I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about the name "Something Awful tm", the grenade logo, or the front page. He is free to keep them, but the forums themselves need to be liberated. (You can call the forums anything you want at that point).

If this is it, I think cspam especially needs to pick one offsite to concentrate on, and then admin/moderation needs to be worked out.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
mods are cops. they think like cops, they behave like cops and in the end it's impossible to be a good cop because the others won't let you

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ardennes posted:

If anyone wants my opinion, I want the forums (as a community) to survive but it just can't as long as Lowtax is around.

Personally, I think the only solution is to cut all monetary funding to him and the forums, move as much as possible to offsites to put enough pressure on it to surrender the forum and its code. I don't think anyone gives a poo poo about the name "Something Awful tm", the grenade logo, or the front page. He is free to keep them, but the forums themselves need to be liberated. (You can call the forums anything you want at that point).

If this is it, I think cspam especially needs to pick one offsite to concentrate on, and then admin/moderation needs to be worked out.

Good post, I'll forgive your blue star... for now.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think at least some of the mods and admins are gonna have to go if the forums transfer does happen because a good chunk of the userbase is pretty unhappy with them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

3.0 t lawd is what people yelled at him when he lost the xenforo money

Nineball
Mar 27, 2010

T-man posted:

On that note KM you were great and you also don't deserve what this forum did to you.

Huge empty quote

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
feeling bad for LK who was convinced the mod team was in agreement to walk away and then when he stepped down none followed like that's gotta sting, like Sokka losing his gf to the moon kind of sting.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Dreylad posted:

I think at least some of the mods and admins are gonna have to go if the forums transfer does happen because a good chunk of the userbase is pretty unhappy with them.

This seems about as likely as Lowtax handing over the forum reigns to anyone else.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Animal-Mother posted:

lowtax will go to prison and run the site from there like a mob boss, throwing kites from cell to cell

it all went so well until the awfulapp on his smuggled phone needed an update

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

forkboy84 posted:

This seems about as likely as Lowtax handing over the forum reigns to anyone else.

Well regardless of how likely it is, if they want this thing to succeed it needs to happen.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

T-man posted:

don't know much about km except ppj did her dirty and her posts in The Cool Zone were good, as was her multistream she put up for us.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

T-man posted:

on a side note KM: I do not mean to laugh at your pain, in any way, but when the PPJ saga was going down and you came in to defend him with “but he keeps us safe I can vouch for him!” I think that’s when we collectively crossed the rubicon.

it was just too... weird to not try to dig further, it brought up a hundred more questions, and then that whole shitshow unravelled. I’m sorry if you got hosed over by PPJ pretending to defend you from his nazi buddies.

jfc that was a goddamn ride. it was fun dunking on PPJ hard enough to get probed by squizzle tho! :peanut:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ardennes posted:

Pollyanna posted:

BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE! BAL-KAN-IZE!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yeah realtalk I've been part of a bunch of stuff on SA and here for a lot of sagas but the PPJ poo poo was far and away the best and most hilarious goddamn ride

KM I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that PPJ took advantage of you and all

Given the PPJ saga I think decisions like "give the minorities their own subforum to talk about their issues away from decent folk" are cast in a new and very different light

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dreylad posted:

TBH I think the best thing to help everyone move on would be releasing the mod forum and the memoryholed threads, and anyone who wants to keep being a mod has to explain themselves to the community they lead in some sort of truth and reconciliation Q&A.

because holy loving hell has a lot of ugly poo poo gotten swept under the rug with blanket gassings and bannings, and not only has there never been any kind of public accounting, but the parties involved just go silent or ban questioners whenever anyone asks what the gently caress was going on.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

yeah realtalk I've been part of a bunch of stuff on SA and here for a lot of sagas but the PPJ poo poo was far and away the best and most hilarious goddamn ride

KM I'm sorry for what you had to go through and that PPJ took advantage of you and all

Given the PPJ saga I think decisions like "give the minorities their own subforum to talk about their issues away from decent folk" are cast in a new and very different light

yeah wasn’t that lowtax’s idea originally?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

have you seen how often the mods get replaced? they’re a dime a dozen. kick em all out, it doesn’t matter, more will come and disappoint us in time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fly Molo posted:

yeah wasn’t that lowtax’s idea originally?

That's how I remember it, but I wasn't there to see it go down and heard secondhand, after the fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.
So lowtax has two luxury cars hovering around the 100k price range and is also 100k in debt to the government for so long they're garnishing his wages from his paychecks. In between begging for money from the forums he's constantly on the lookout for a new woman to groom and abuse in a myriad of ways.

Burn it down Jesus Christ