Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

WSAENOTSOCK posted:

Hey, fuckers. I want to believe too. Don't accept this just to assuage your guilt. All of us, from admins down, don't know poo poo.

We believe that SA isn't profitable because a serial abuser said so.

We believed he needed money for medical procedures because he said so.

Are we really gonna' believe he'd do a good deed here for our benefit?

I don't really have much faith in Jeffery of YOSPOS or the rest of the admins. I think they have a track record which isn't great. I also obviously have no trust in Lowtax doing anything right. But I do believe that none of the admins have any time for Lowtax now, they've been burned once too often on their covering for that shithead. Maybe I don't have any real reason for that. Like, there's no love lost there, Lowtax was tolerated because he owns this place & that's it, the more he just hosed off the happier they were. And I still think there's plenty chance for any deal to not happen because Lowtax is a lazy sack of poo poo on top of everything else so expecting him to do his side to complete a deal is on a wish & a prayer. But I really do sincerely think that the admins want a clean break of Lowtax. I think they protected him from past accusations because they thought they were protecting the forum, which is insanely hosed up & shows terrible judgement & priorities, but I dunno, that's my take.

I think there's plenty SA needs to address after Lowtax is thrown into the dustbin of history, about transparency, about abuse, about accountability and all these things. And I'm glad offsites still are there if poo poo does collapse and think anyone acting like it's all over when nothing has actually changed yet is short-sighted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am happy that i will get to continue to post here on something awful dot com

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

I don't really have much faith in Jeffery of YOSPOS or the rest of the admins. I think they have a track record which isn't great. I also obviously have no trust in Lowtax doing anything right. But I do believe that none of the admins have any time for Lowtax now, they've been burned once too often on their covering for that shithead. Maybe I don't have any real reason for that. Like, there's no love lost there, Lowtax was tolerated because he owns this place & that's it, the more he just hosed off the happier they were. And I still think there's plenty chance for any deal to not happen because Lowtax is a lazy sack of poo poo on top of everything else so expecting him to do his side to complete a deal is on a wish & a prayer. But I really do sincerely think that the admins want a clean break of Lowtax. I think they protected him from past accusations because they thought they were protecting the forum, which is insanely hosed up & shows terrible judgement & priorities, but I dunno, that's my take.

I think there's plenty SA needs to address after Lowtax is thrown into the dustbin of history, about transparency, about abuse, about accountability and all these things. And I'm glad offsites still are there if poo poo does collapse and think anyone acting like it's all over when nothing has actually changed yet is short-sighted.

Well said, I completely agree

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Junpei Hyde posted:

He's absolutely pivoting to alt right YouTube poo poo

pivoting?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

As someone who has had many disagreements with Jeffrey, he is infinitely better than lowtax. He talks to people, explains himself and is frequently available.

He also has, to my knowledge, never commited spousal abuse.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Looking forward to Lowtax's Prager U video about how women's suffrage was a mistake.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

The Croc posted:

SA forums pulled off the perfect Terry Funk retirement. I shall be posting here FOREVER.

THESE DEAD GAY COMEDY FORUMS WILL BE AROUND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_mm7_D1wM

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Junpei Hyde posted:

As someone who has had many disagreements with Jeffrey, he is infinitely better than lowtax. He talks to people, explains himself and is frequently available.

He also has, to my knowledge, never commited spousal abuse.

Being better than the guy who beats his wife is a p low bar to cross, just saying.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cerebral Bore posted:

Being better than the guy who beats his wife is a p low bar to cross, just saying.

Yeah but JH is actually a mod and therefore presumably has at least something of a better grasp on this poo poo than most of us do? I dunno, having off-site stuff in addition is also cool and good but in the short term this makes me happy and I hope people come back and at least give Jeffery a shot to prove himself because he literally never came off like an apologist to me. He always seemed like the kinda guy who was doing and saying the kinds of things Lowtax should have been doing anyway.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'll simply add in my own 2 cents that all my experiences with Jeffrey have been great. That doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any skeletons in the closet or maybe he's a horrific monster to other people or something, but I have nothing to judge him on other than my own interactions and they've only ever been positive.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Cerebral Bore posted:

SA couldn't get past that bar for 20 years tbh

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah but JH is actually a mod and therefore presumably has at least something of a better grasp on this poo poo than most of us do? I dunno, having off-site stuff in addition is also cool and good but in the short term this makes me happy and I hope people come back and at least give Jeffery a shot to prove himself because he literally never came off like an apologist to me. He always seemed like the kinda guy who was doing and saying the kinds of things Lowtax should have been doing anyway.

Jerusalem posted:

I'll simply add in my own 2 cents that all my experiences with Jeffrey have been great. That doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't any skeletons in the closet or maybe he's a horrific monster to other people or something, but I have nothing to judge him on other than my own interactions and they've only ever been positive.

Well, there was the whole nazi mod debacle and Jeffrey didn't exactly cover himself with glory handling that. So I'd personally prefer if we held the admins' feet to the fire to make sure that they don't start doing stupid poo poo again.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Jeff is also way too far into the "oh woe is FYAD, those meanies overreacted, maybe we should bring it back..." crowd for me to be 100% comfortable

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Cerebral Bore posted:

Well, there was the whole nazi mod debacle and Jeffrey didn't exactly cover himself with glory handling that. So I'd personally prefer if we held the admins' feet to the fire to make sure that they don't start doing stupid poo poo again.

I've also been really unhappy with his desire to reinstate FYAD - it went away for a really good reason and I'm not convinced it can just go back wholesale without immediately going back to being a big transphobic mess.

e;f,b

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

Can someone put the belt on the pig

i am not doing it until we know lowtax wont get any money from it

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Jerusalem posted:

If he doesn't go to jail for domestic abuse, I imagine he'll end up working the MRA/Incel/Rightwing "We're the REAL persecuted ones!" speaking circuit, which I'm guessing must be its own kind of special hell.

he'll probably end up making more money doing that too, those people are all suckers

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

I've also been really unhappy with his desire to reinstate FYAD

Has he explicitly stated this anywhere? (Because yes, big loving agree)

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jerusalem posted:

If he doesn't go to jail for domestic abuse, I imagine he'll end up working the MRA/Incel/Rightwing "We're the REAL persecuted ones!" speaking circuit, which I'm guessing must be its own kind of special hell.

https://twitter.com/labasedcomedian/status/1276333140550643713?s=21

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

boxcarhobo posted:

i am not doing it until we know lowtax wont get any money from it

At least to be fair to Jeffery, he was explicit in saying (unfortunately in the GBS Q&A thread rather the stickied announcement) that nobody should buy anything or give money to the site for now because Lowtax would get it. Which isn't much but is still something.

And Lowtax will almost certainly get some money for the forum. He owns it and despite being a loving useless owner who has done nothing for the forum in probably 15 years minimum it's legally his. And seeing as keeping the community even mostly intact while moving to an offsite when we have so many disparate interests would be a task even Herakles would baulk at, & that's a stated goal of the admins for better & worse, and this is his only source of income so no way he gives it up for free. Because Lowtax clearly doesn't give a gently caress about the forum and generally seems to regard it as a drag away from his hilarious Youtube & frontpage that nobody gives a gently caress about. So he's going to get a lump sum if Something Awful continues. I have no idea what it'll be. People are throwing around six figures & I think that seems insane for an old comedy forum with 2+ decades of baggage & a userbase so diverse that the only thing it has in common across us all is we're prickly fuckers who love e-drama (a slowly diminishing userbase at that). I think paying 5 figures would be insane for a forum with lots of users, and horrendously outdated custom software that no one seems to be able to work out what the gently caress is going on with the code. But it's the internet & the internet is loving insane & I'm poor & a cheap fucker so what I'd value it at seems irrelevant.

But Lowtax will get paid something is the bottom line. If he bothers his arse to sign over the site. Which I still don't really know if he'll do because he's a lazy fuckup grifter on top of every other lovely thing about him.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

I’m going with Occam’s razor that this is real and not some convoluted conspiracy that Jeffrey and the admins are pretending to take over while lowtax continues to be the Higher Power.

Granted this is also the squad of brain geniuses that backed up the nazi hunt plan so :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:laffo: literally appearing on a nazi podcast within the week, cool cool

Apologies to actually anybody I ever suggested spend money on this site, won't be doing that ever again

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm pretty suspicious and have said why in multiple threads including this one. But I appreciated the blanket generalizations and being called a fucker by someone I almost always agree with.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't believe what's been implied that lowtax has already agreed to a complete transfer of ownership. i think he probably said he would sign over the forums or something vague like that and the admins jumped the gun when talking about it, as they are wont to do with many things. we will see!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

THESE DEAD GAY COMEDY FORUMS WILL BE AROUND
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_mm7_D1wM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just realised that this year's April Fool joke ended up coming true less than 3 months later and I did a big hearty laugh

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

I just realised that this year's April Fool joke ended up coming true less than 3 months later and I did a big hearty laugh

First as farce, then as tragedy

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The only time Lowtax should come up again is when he inevitably gets interviewed on Talk Is Jericho

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Rarity posted:

Yeah it made me laugh

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Permaban Lowtax

De-admin Reene

De-mod Burt Sexual

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Why is that MRA hashtag spelt wrong or am I better off not knowing.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think the guy is just dumb and bad at spelling

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

For the record if we ended up having to all go to a new forum my plan was to post one final vinceflex and perma myself

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

AsInHowe posted:

The only time Lowtax should come up again is when he inevitably gets interviewed on Talk Is Jericho
Ow :negative:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

AsInHowe posted:

"I don't know much about goatse but I know when I want to see some red raw meat I order some delicious Omaha steaks"

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

all of this is a requirement for me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gumball Gumption posted:

"I don't know much about goatse but I know when I want to see some red raw meat I order some delicious Omaha steaks"

:lmao:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Goatse representing the ever widening gap between left and right is a more thoughtful political statement than anything Jericho has done.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

Goatse representing the ever widening gap between left and right is a more thoughtful political statement than anything Jericho has done.

10/10

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...This isn't brass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

From one of the staff who recently stepped down:

Lightning Knight posted:

Also if you’re a lurker who isn’t clear on this: it’s not over. If Lowtax doesn’t commit to the deal and gently caress off, we still need to leave. We still need to make sure everyone knows to stop giving to his Patreon, too.

As I said, there are only two options: an SA without Lowtax, or an end to SA.