Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I guess my brain is broken because brain dance looked really cool to me but most people who got to play the game seemed not to like it. I get that it conjures up that interminable "enhance" scene from Blade Runner but it looks like a nice refinement of Witcher sense, and it seems perfectly fitting as a popular form of entertainment in this setting.

I think it’ll depend on how well the various scenes are put together. The one in the preview feels very bland and tutorialish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah just came to post about how sad not having a robot spider-dog companion is kinda lame, but I'm pretty sure this complaint will melt away the moment I boot the game up.

pretty much, "This is great! And I've only entered my name..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJYpTzvmWI

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Do they establish how/when the BD recording captures the back of the roller’s head? It seems to have omniscience except it needs the security camera hack to see the shooter, and I’m not sure what the rules for it are meant to be.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/hhvpi8/most_interesting_qa_answers_megathread/

have some good poo poo.

i like this one.
You can injure/dismember enemies and then leave them alive and (presumably) disarmed instead of killing them.

it fits with the setting at least since alot of people are half bot anyway.

Disarmed :downs:

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Wicked Them Beats posted:

It would depend on how moddable the game is and how much of the spiderbot is actually coded into the game already. They're saying they cut it because of class/gameplay overlap, but a drone that can walk on any surface and that you were going to be able to remote into and control probably had about eight million different glitches and bugs associated with it. Cutting it is probably saving them a lot of work. Expecting a modder, or even a team of modders, to be able to get it to a playable state is a big ask.

Saw a tweet that is tangentially about her but really about tattoos in games more broadly

https://twitter.com/Wonder_Phoenix/status/1276244222924988416?s=20

Hmm she wonders how tattoos develop in the future while at the same time complaining how tattoos develop in the future? I'm sure 2077 tattoos won't fade or scar. The nanobots in the ink will make sure.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

There will be a quest where someone's tattoo is inked with grey goo nanobots that go rogue.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

marshmallow creep posted:

There will be a quest where someone's tattoo is inked with grey goo nanobots that go rogue.

can i hack into the tattoo

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the issue with the brain dance presentation is that they didn't tell us under what context we'll be doing that when we play. will we have to do this often? is this its own feature? they used the word "mode" to describe it, and talked about how there's lore and background info in there. is it optional? I've no idea, it just didn't seem all that interesting

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

marshmallow creep posted:

Statutory Ape posted:

In the future tattoos will be an extension of e-ink tech, you'll be able to change your tattoos on the fly. Malware will turn them into ads for Carl's Jr.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the issue with the brain dance presentation is that they didn't tell us under what context we'll be doing that when we play. will we have to do this often? is this its own feature? they used the word "mode" to describe it, and talked about how there's lore and background info in there. is it optional? I've no idea, it just didn't seem all that interesting

It'll be fun to do maybe three or four times. Any more than that and I'd be bored. Was not thrilled that they spent like half of their preview event on it, since that suggests this is supposed to be some huge feature they want us to be excited about.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Statutory Ape posted:

You can smuggle illegal crime files by uploading them into the tattoos of unsuspecting mules

You can also throw the chip out the window instead if you have the stats for it

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fuckin tragic

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

each day passes and this game has less and less...

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

lol just killed some idiot whose tattoo used the wrong ram

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I will align myself with the sex people and do all the cool sex stuff in this game

Then do a second run playing without genitals and murdering anyone who dares to have sex.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I mean the dystopia we're currently building is ruled by people who absolutely loathe public transport funding and construction so it's depressingly realistic

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Uh oh, train enthusiasts are a crowd that RPG developers can't afford to wrong.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Bust Rodd posted:

I will align myself with the sex people and do all the cool sex stuff in this game

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

guess it's back to GTA V for me then!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I guess my brain is broken because brain dance looked really cool to me but most people who got to play the game seemed not to like it. I get that it conjures up that interminable "enhance" scene from Blade Runner but it looks like a nice refinement of Witcher sense, and it seems perfectly fitting as a popular form of entertainment in this setting.

Count me in as another one who actually really liked the concept of those. I think the main issue is that the presented one was very linear, likely because it seems to be a sort of tutorial for the brain dance mechanic. I figure more open-ended ones would be much more interesting.

Also it reminded me of the memory remixing sequences in Remember Me (of which there weren't nearly enough), which is another plus.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

i like it alot but it was poorly shown off. like its basicaly a much more in depth of detective vision crime scene stuff from arkham games.

Utgardaloki posted:

I mean the dystopia we're currently building is ruled by people who absolutely loathe public transport funding and construction so it's depressingly realistic

now i am just thinking of that chapo episode where they talk about that op ed with the dude who wants high speed one lane hover board/car tunnels to replace subways.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/06/the-new-york-city-subway-is-beyond-repair/562472/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Public transit is cool, but in the context of a video game, what does it add that fast travel doesn't, really?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Utgardaloki posted:

True but as an extension of '80s urban decay and neoliberalization it kinda sucks not to have a usable subway system in there. I doubt it will bother me much in practice, especially if the driving feels good. I had always figured it would function as a fast travel system so I'd be curious to see what will fill that gap. Maybe taxis or just the Witcher system of warping from an overworld map.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like there were a bunch of extra cues and other stuff that you could investigate in the one they showed, but they skipped them. It deff picked up several audio sources that didn't get zoom enhanced

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

My main problem with BD is that, like most detective mechanics, it's gonna be a chore on repeat playthroughs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bicyclops posted:

Public transit is cool, but in the context of a video game, what does it add that fast travel doesn't, really?

You could suck a robot dick in a seedy train car while the scenery goes by

Well I guess you can vape irl...hmm.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

something to throw your enemies in front of

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.

Bicyclops posted:

I'm probably in the minority but I like in-game fast travel systems.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

doingitwrong posted:

something to throw your enemies in front of

Also out of

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Fray posted:

My main problem with BD is that, like most detective mechanics, it's gonna be a chore on repeat playthroughs.

what are you talking about everyone loves unskippable 5 minute long tutorials appearing 20 hours into the game

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Statutory Ape posted:

anyway im thinking something like this

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

So far it looks like most convos can be skipped,I imagine Brain Dance would have a "I know what I'm doing" dialogue option.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

City and Knight ditched everything that made Asylum special and good, IMO, and Asylum is simply structured better as a game.

Friendly Fire posted:

I'm going to go against the grain and say if you only play one Batman game, make it Arkham Knight.
For me it's like a Mass Effect situation. The first one has the tightest structure and atmosphere. The second one is probably the best overall game, because it builds on the first, evolving the gameplay and balancing thematic strength with giving you lots of stuff to do in a semi-open world. But the gameplay improvements in the third one make it my favourite to just run around in.

I loving love the Fear Takedown system.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bicyclops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9c4hCJZhx8

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

It was neat taking a cab in GTA IV and just sit back and take in the scenery.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Let's not forget that no one has spoken yet about the existance of a sewer level: the subway being absent is a step in the right direction imo.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

piL posted:

A lot of posturing. A lack of accepting responsibility. It can't be that your phrasing was ambiguous. You could just say thats not what I meant, but instead my 'misunderstanding' of your point is attributed to your baseless insinuation that my lived experience doesn't have this extra layer of depth in it that yours does. You appear so threatened and I don't understand or care much why. Its clear though that you do. But it doesn't help. Nobody thinks more highly of you for it.

So it was a nonsequitor reference to your lived experience and not a comparison to confederate icons that succeeded your dismissal of this person for their use of language, despite that use being fairly legitimate in context though not sufficiently referenced to save you from embarassment. Got it.

I just have to point out what a severe owning this was.

Edit: also this thread is still the worst in games. This time for a handful of goons falling over themselves for not understanding akimbo in regards to film/games and not being able to figure it out themselves.

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 30, 2020

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Looking at some of the b-roll: how much fuckin money is going into the production of this thing. Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rinkles posted:

Looking at some of the b-roll: how much fuckin money is going into the production of this thing. Jesus

a gently caress ton. CDPR made a gently caress ton of bank, plus they have the polish government and Warner brothers pumping money partly. plus the CEO is billionaire and putting a bunch of his money back into it as well.