Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Department of Public Health update!

Last night I received a condescending email from HR. Though it was riddled with implications that this is somehow all my fault, it did say that the problem had been addressed on my floor and to report to work today. They also told me I'd have to use saved benefit time to cover the days where I went home because people were unmasked.

I went today and stayed for one hour. My boss avoided me and was walking around unmasked. Not a single person was wearing a mask. I documented all names and times. When my boss finally returned to our work area, I asked her if she was planning on wearing a mask. She deflected. She deflected the next 7+ times I asked the question, clearly and specifically, yes or no. I lost count because I also knew I had to remember all of her deflections so I could document them. Eventually she decided to turn her back and ignore me, so I left.

I called my union contact and left a message. Then I sent an email in the same chain with the union/HR detailing what occured. I was just finishing updating the Google doc I keep all of this information on when the union emailed everyone back.

He said this situation was unacceptable and untenable. That he finds it disturbing that the employees of the IDPH are incapable of performing the simplest of tasks to make the workplace safe. He also said that it is unfair that I am being asked to use my personal benefit time when I am reporting for work and only leaving when I witness unsafe conditions. He closed the email by saying that IDPH had not done enough and that we required detailed information about what they are going to do next.

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the covid is going to powerfully face gently caress this country for the next 10 years, as the vaccine will cost 10 thousand dollars. delete all the poors, epic, all according to plan

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lmao we might hit 60k

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Fly Molo posted:

huh, people with allergy-induced asthma may be at lower risk

owns

Based on articles I've read, it seems as though the following things might've saved me from a more serious case when I was sick* in February:

- having allergy-induced asthma
- being O-type blood
- smoking weed er'ry day
- stomach sleeper

*I haven't gotten an antibody test yet, but I'm pretty sure I had The Roni

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Smythe posted:

the covid is going to powerfully face gently caress this country for the next 10 years, as the vaccine will cost 10 thousand dollars. delete all the poors, epic, all according to plan

This is their climate plan

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Lacrosse posted:

Based on articles I've read, it seems as though the following things might've saved me from a more serious case when I was sick* in February:

- having allergy-induced asthma
- being O-type blood
- smoking weed er'ry day
- stomach sleeper

*I haven't gotten an antibody test yet, but I'm pretty sure I had The Roni

Nobody had this poo poo in February lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
https://www.wlwt.com/article/ohio-introduces-color-coded-health-alert-system-what-each-color-means/33090704

quote:

COLUMBUS, Ohio —
State officials unveiled a new color-coded warning system for the state of Ohio, made to show county-by-county hot spots as the coronavirus continues to spread across the state.

The new system — yellow, orange, red and purple — aims to show prominence of the virus in each county, making it easier to implement additional closures or measures on a county-by-county basis.

quote:

YELLOW: ALERT LEVEL 1: A county has triggered zero or one of the seven indicators, and there is active exposure and spread. Today, Ohio has 53 counties at Alert Level 1. The majority of these counties are seeing a moderate number of cases, according to the CDC’s definition.

ORANGE: ALERT LEVEL 2: A county has triggered two or three of the seven indicators, and there is increased risk of exposure and spread. Ohio has 28 counties in this category. These counties are seeing cases that are growing in the community in the last two weeks.

RED: ALERT LEVEL 3: A county has triggered four or five of the seven indicators, and there is very high exposure and spread. There are currently seven Ohio counties at Level 3. Risk is very high. Ohioans should limit activities as much as possible. Wear a mask when you go out.

PURPLE: ALERT LEVEL 4: A county has triggered six to seven of the indicators, and there is severe exposure and spread. Stay home as much as possible. No counties are in purple right now.

As of Thursday afternoon, seven counties are at Level 3 (Red) across Ohio. Those counties include Trumbull, Huron, Montgomery, Butler, Cuyahoga, Hamilton and Franklin.

There are seven different data indicators to determine the four levels, state officials said. Each data indicator helps identify the risk factor for each county. Those seven factors are as follows:

NEW CASES PER CAPITA: When the data show that a county has had an average of 50 cases per 100,000 people over a 2-week period, that triggers a flag for an increasing case rate. Using this data means we are taking into account population of a county when monitoring case increases

SUSTAINED INCREASE IN NEW CASES: If the number of new cases in a county continually increases, that’s another indicator of virus spread. A county will be flagged for meeting this indicator if the data show at least a five-day period of sustained new case growth.

PROPORTION OF CASES NOT CONGREGATE CASES: Data showing more than 50% of new cases originating from non-congregate settings during at least one of the past three weeks will trigger a flag on this indicator.

SUSTAINED INCREASE IN ER VISITS: ER data will show us the trend in the number of people who visit an emergency department with COVID-19 symptoms or a COVID diagnosis as a result of the visit. A county is flagged when there is an increase in such ER visits over a five-day period.

SUSTAINED INCREASE IN OUTPATIENT VISITS: This data set looks at the number of people visiting outpatient settings, including telehealth appointments, with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 symptoms. A county is flagged when there is an increase over a five-day period.

SUSTAINED INCREASE IN NEW COVID-19 HOSPITAL ADMISSIONS: When the numbers show at least a five-day period of sustained growth in the number of county residents with COVID-19 who are admitted to a hospital, the county will be flagged for meeting this indicator.

ICU BED OCCUPANCY:[/b] This indicator looks at regional data for both COVID-19 and non-COVID use of ICU beds. A county is flagged for this indicator when the regional ICU occupancy goes above 80% for at least three of the last seven days.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003

shovelbum posted:

yea EVERYONE thinks they've already had it and barely anyone has had it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's a lot of counties

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

big cummers ONLY posted:

Department of Public Health update!

Last night I received a condescending email from HR. Though it was riddled with implications that this is somehow all my fault, it did say that the problem had been addressed on my floor and to report to work today. They also told me I'd have to use saved benefit time to cover the days where I went home because people were unmasked.

I went today and stayed for one hour. My boss avoided me and was walking around unmasked. Not a single person was wearing a mask. I documented all names and times. When my boss finally returned to our work area, I asked her if she was planning on wearing a mask. She deflected. She deflected the next 7+ times I asked the question, clearly and specifically, yes or no. I lost count because I also knew I had to remember all of her deflections so I could document them. Eventually she decided to turn her back and ignore me, so I left.

I called my union contact and left a message. Then I sent an email in the same chain with the union/HR detailing what occured. I was just finishing updating the Google doc I keep all of this information on when the union emailed everyone back.

He said this situation was unacceptable and untenable. That he finds it disturbing that the employees of the IDPH are incapable of performing the simplest of tasks to make the workplace safe. He also said that it is unfair that I am being asked to use my personal benefit time when I am reporting for work and only leaving when I witness unsafe conditions. He closed the email by saying that IDPH had not done enough and that we required detailed information about what they are going to do next.

mad respect. I know it's hard to fight the good fight, and want to give you as much support as I can.

I work in the deep south in a very conservative industry and had quite a tense conversations with management about our lack of planning back in the March and April days and lately have had to speak up on large conference calls to stop the most egregious of bad choices when it comes to social distancing. I would say it gets better and it does, because you will be made right over and over and over as people argue against precautions, but if my experience is common they will bully you until your made right, but that sounds like it won't be a new wrinkle to what your dealing with. I have found being reasonable and firm while always try to bring the conversation back to 'what are we going to do, it's not safe' not 'why is it we should/shouldn't do something' to be an as effective strategy I can muster.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Uuudar posted:

yea EVERYONE thinks they've already had it and barely anyone has had it.

Like if you look at a basic model it predicts poo poo like 30 to 50% of Americans having this all at once at the peak and we're <1% through lol

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol that the recommendation to limit exposure and wear a mask only comes at the red alert level

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah let’s copy the stupid war on terror color chart

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Like the entire country is going to be >30x worse than the NYC peak if we cut that off at 1% of the population infected or whatever there

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

lol that amusement park Kings Island is in Butler county and right next to Hamilton county, both of which are in alert level red, "Ohioans should limit activities as much as possible"

(i grew up there and worked at KI in highschool, i'm proud to say I rode the looping wooden roller coaster son of beast before they tore it down because... holy gently caress don't build a wooden coaster with a fuckin loop!)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mod sassinator posted:

lol that amusement park Kings Island is in Butler county and right next to Hamilton county, both of which are in alert level red, "Ohioans should limit activities as much as possible"

(i grew up there and worked at KI in highschool, i'm proud to say I rode the looping wooden roller coaster son of beast before they tore it down because... holy gently caress don't build a wooden coaster with a fuckin loop!)

It's actually in Warren County, but Hamilton Co is to the south and Butler Co is to the west.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bastard Tetris posted:

plural form of virus
no it isn't

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Also, that color chart doesn't really do anything but make recommendations :lol:

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Twitter/status/1278763679421431809

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LOL! Wow! So Zany. EPIC ftw. syke. gently caress off.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Im just like, trying to accept that the repurcussions of the USA’s lack of response to this pandemic will likely result in my death before the age of 35 and jfc that’s a hefty pill to swallow.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol Florida

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rip florida

the p is for piss

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I wish I had a stuffed coronavirus to sleep with while I dream of the end of the neoliberal order.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1278767243539685377

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Herman Cain getting covid-19 at trump's rally or having it and superspreading at it are both unbelievably :lol: :lmao: and :hmbol: and now I have something to look forward to in the next couple weeks as everyone who was anywhere near him in that crowd gets diagnosed with covid-19 and if trump wound up getting it because he insisted on having a rally to pump his feelings up, and only like 1000 people came anyway, holy gently caress, jesus christ I will never stop cumming BIG loving cums, HUGE goddamn cums I tell you

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan

Science WHORE posted:

Im just like, trying to accept that the repurcussions of the USA’s lack of response to this pandemic will likely result in my death before the age of 35 and jfc that’s a hefty pill to swallow.

:yeah:

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Where im at in Georgia has run out of fresca. Happened last time about two weeks before the state reacts to rising cases. Figure its a good indication coke has focused on bottling their main brands. During lockdown only saw coke, coke zero (sugar), and diet coke regularly restocked.

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Smythe posted:

LOL! Wow! So Zany. EPIC ftw. syke. gently caress off.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

Herman Cain getting covid-19 at trump's rally or having it and superspreading at it are both unbelievably :lol: :lmao: and :hmbol: and now I have something to look forward to in the next couple weeks as everyone who was anywhere near him in that crowd gets diagnosed with covid-19 and if trump wound up getting it because he insisted on having a rally to pump his feelings up, and only like 1000 people came anyway, holy gently caress, jesus christ I will never stop cumming BIG loving cums, HUGE goddamn cums I tell you

Nobody richer than Cain tier gets this yo

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

pigz posted:

Where im at in Georgia has run out of fresca. Happened last time about two weeks before the state reacts to rising cases. Figure its a good indication coke has focused on bottling their main brands. During lockdown only saw coke, coke zero (sugar), and diet coke regularly restocked.

fresca gonna be worth more than oil in lockdown 2.0

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Nobody richer than Cain tier gets this yo

trump is uniquely stupid enough to find a way, though I doubt they'll ever tell us if he does unless they simply can't avoid it anymore

mod sassinator posted:

there will be no second lockdown and no second stimulus stop getting your hopes up

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

shovelbum posted:

Article from March 1st suspects there was 6 weeks of community transmission of the virus, which puts people in the Seattle area spreading it around as early as mid-January

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...bbbf_story.html

The Washington Post posted:

The coronavirus has been circulating undetected and has possibly infected scores of people over the past six weeks in Washington state, according to a genetic analysis of virus samples that has sobering implications for the entire country amid heightening anxiety about the likely spread of the disease.

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Also lol at my extended family arguing the efficacy of masks with me when I have a degree in microbiology and they *checks notes* work for a furniture store.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Only 20k cases to go in 4 hours for America to set another record today

Can we do it?!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Lacrosse posted:

Article from March 1st suspects there was 6 weeks of community transmission of the virus, which puts people in the Seattle area spreading it around as early as mid-January

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/heal...bbbf_story.html

they traced the first known case in seattle to a person who visited wuhan and came to seattle 1/15 iirc too

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

empty whippet box posted:

trump is uniquely stupid enough to find a way, though I doubt they'll ever tell us if he does unless they simply can't avoid it anymore

he either already had it and got the top secret vaccine or he's naturally immune

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

they traced the first known case in seattle to a person who visited wuhan and came to seattle 1/15 iirc too

Jeffrey M. Bezos

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mod sassinator posted:

not only does my store have fresca, there are three different kinds!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
I just told a Georgia friend to gtfo because his wife and gf are going to FL to look at potentially buying a horse. I don't even think they realize how stupid they are and how disgusting they are and they will need to sit in traffic for 5 hours just to get into the state and if they buy the horse it's going to be sitting in the same traffic check point heat to enter Georgia

Same bald man that got a haircut then hung out with everyone after and can't figure out why I was upset when he got a house keeper during a pandemic

I hate people so loving much, what's the point in even trying to have friends when everyone is so damned ignorant about basic things