Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
literally all we need to do is mint 10 trillion dollar coins, send every household ~$45k per person & child and tell everyone their 'job' this year is to stay home, teach your kids, contact trace and other WFH-able tasks, etc. it could happen in a week if the right people decided it to be so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
teach your kids to code

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

slippery doc posted:

I'd make the deal to buy these loving forums if it means I never had to read another "having children good vs. having children bad" derail again

the argument is children are neutral vs insane crotchspawn "having children is slavery" nutjobs

no one in the former camp in CSPAM thinks it's another persons obligation to have kids

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpZL90C7s8w

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

rabble rabble posted:

yeah people without kids cannot experience hardship during this pandemic, which is what the guy was tweeting, whether he meant to or not. while large, his pain in this time is not unique, and no benefit is gained from trying to create a comparison

i understand you have spent a lot of time explaining that it is difficult to have children during a pandemic, but that's not why that tweet sucks

does this whole loving argument really boil down to parents reading that tweet as:

quote:

It’s hard. I feel like non-parents have no idea how [much more] hard it’s been [being a parent than it normally is].

vs non-parents reading it as

quote:

It’s [only] hard [for us]. I feel like non-parents have no idea how hard it’s been [to live through this pandemic].

??

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Tokyo's had more than 100 new cases a day for the last 3 days and people have been asking whether the state of emergency should be reinstated. Man, comparing that to America is nuts.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
I’m shocked that a system which expects both parents to work full time while also raising a child is unsustainable the femtosecond something goes wrong

maybe we should recognize, as a society, that caring and raising a child is a full time job and build a world that allows for that to happen

alternately we can continue to throw people making 40-60k a year back into the covid woodchipper so that ms and mr lawyerpants can do some zoom calls

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

shut the gently caress up about children or it gets the probe again

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I think this is where my child’s school district is going.

It's the best compromise solution.

There's almost no way that you can safely have a 5-day per week in-person learning schedule, because doing that with proper distancing/cohorting requires insane amounts of physical space and some crazy school bus logistics. A lot of the half-assed attempts to do cohorting aren't really practical because they always have one fatal flaw (open cafeterias, regular bus routes, etc.) that blows the whole thing up and ensures that the whole school needs to shut down if you get one infection.

So the best option is pretty much to do mixed schedules where kids will come in on some days and do distance learning on other days. It mostly solves the space issue and it lets reduce bus occupancy without running some hilarious number of bus routes. It's still expensive and lots of people will still hate it because it means their kids will be home 2-3 days per week, but it's way better than the alternatives.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

this is incredible

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

uncurable mlady posted:

I’m shocked that a system which expects both parents to work full time while also raising a child is unsustainable the femtosecond something goes wrong

maybe we should recognize, as a society, that caring and raising a child is a full time job and build a world that allows for that to happen

alternately we can continue to throw people making 40-60k a year back into the covid woodchipper so that ms and mr lawyerpants can do some zoom calls

yeah p much this

ok i'm done sorry slippery doc

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Lol that's like max 150 people but we're a country that cannot stop sucking off cars.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

uncurable mlady posted:

can't stop paying the lawyers, have you seen how many evictions we got to process ASAP!????

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7sBsBHdCk

J-POW WHERES MY F*CKING MONEY

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bearjew posted:

shut the gently caress up about children or it gets the probe again

do it you little loving bitch

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Samurai Sanders posted:

Tokyo's had more than 100 new cases a day for the last 3 days and people have been asking whether the state of emergency should be reinstated. Man, comparing that to America is nuts.
They'll probably wait until the election's are done for some boneheaded reason.

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

oxsnard posted:

the argument is children are neutral vs insane crotchspawn "having children is slavery" nutjobs

no one in the former camp in CSPAM thinks it's another persons obligation to have kids

yeah I misphrased that, I have a kid and think it's good while obviously not thinking it's an obligation

I just wish that the climate change thread wasn't unreadable upwards of like 20% of the time

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

In Training posted:

i went out to pick up my dinner tonight and was floored. every sidewalk now has been taken over by restaurants, everyone walking through with their head down to get somewhere is wearing a mask, every wine swilling moron at tables is mask free and chairs/tables are probably 2 feet apart. its been loving 3 months!!! how do you already forget whats about to loving happen!!!!

honestly i hate nyc now

i used to love it more than anything :(

all our stupid restaurants and bars and sweaty basement venues and drag nights and rad one screen independent theaters. all loving useless.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Xaris posted:

J-POW WHERES MY F*CKING MONEY

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
child printer goes *IT'S A [BOY|GIRL]!!*

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
I’m so loving sick of living in a country whose entire economic system incentivizes being a selfish murderous prick.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

I’m so loving sick of living in a country whose entire economic system incentivizes being a selfish murderous prick.

lol wow, not sure if uh, your mom's house counts as a country lol

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
kids are fine but if you're going to have them please for the love of god get a book written post-dr. spock

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

poor pebbles

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

Smythe posted:

lol wow, not sure if uh, your mom's house counts as a country lol

harsh but fair

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The virus has mutated!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/coronavirus-mutation-spread-study/index.html

It spreads faster. Not more deadly or anything

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

this time next year we will be fondly remembering when we only had fractional megadeaths

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

SKULL.GIF posted:

The virus has mutated!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/health/coronavirus-mutation-spread-study/index.html

yea good thing it's just the flu

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
on the bright side the covid will murk all my posting enemies, of which there are many, on the other side it will kill everyone else, too. Rip to the fallen.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
smythe if i die of the corvids, i bequeath to you my piece of poo poo barking corgi-pom mutt. and also my amd ryzen 3600 with watercooling hdr 4k platinum freedom rancher edition fractal design case

also my cum sock

please take good care of them

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

The virus has mutated!

Don’t understand why the article is acting like this is good news. It doesn’t seem to be any less deadly either.

Like the whole tone is “hey extremely bad thing happened but at least it wasn’t extremely extremely bad

TheLemonOfIchabod has issued a correction as of 04:19 on Jul 3, 2020

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

smythe if i die of the corvids, i bequeath to you my piece of poo poo barking corgi-pom mutt. and also my amd ryzen 3600 with watercooling hdr 4k platinum freedom rancher edition fractal design case

also my cum sock

please take good care of them

Thank you op. If I die you may have all my worthless garbage, and my epic bang and olufson beomaster 4500. Bring a dumpster (for my corpse)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

VectorSigma posted:

this time next year we will be fondly remembering when we only had fractional megadeaths

i only liked a fraction of megadeth anyways, and it's not the singer lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d4ui9q7eDM

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

what a beautiful moment we just witnessed

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Whenever I was the closing server at the ‘Bees I’d wait until it was down to me and the other closer to order my meal. If I did well for the night it’d be a bacon chee but only if my boy Miguel was on the grill because everyone else couldn’t cook for poo poo,, otherwise it’d be chili cheese fries which were tasty but then every end of shift turned into a fun race against time where i was battling against making GBS threads in the stall in between being sat again or making GBS threads the very second I got home

Boy was I depressed. On the other hand I’d probably be making more money today if I stuck it out there as I’d be a shift manager by now. If I could have lived with it, which I could not. Life is full of surprises

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
i love the thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

im like 1800 posts behind somehow after like 24 hrs, im glad CSPAM is back to being alive and well :toot: gently caress coolzone

also. loving lol

just lol if you don't understand the dialectical relationship between this thread and the cool zone thread