Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
yeah like a bottle of 60+ vin de rothschild once you open it you've got like a 10 second window between heaven and hell

you gotta just open up and shove the whole thing in there go hog wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
that's your incredibly confusing snipe and you're going to DEAL WITH IT

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
number of covid patients admitted to my hospital over last 3 days 82 -> 89 -> 97. lookin good over here in San Antonio

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

https://i.imgur.com/M9QWjJm.mp4

unmute for this really tacky techno version of amazing grace

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Are you storing them inside a fine wine?

i cant afford wine anymore........................ nice huymblebrag

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Genuinely excited to see the mass hysteria from suburban dads when football gets canceled

There's no way that they cancel football. They will let every man, woman, and child die if it came to that.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
if the NFL plays with empty stadiums but still mics it up like the pro-bowl, hell yeah I'm in, wanna hear those dumbass checkdowns called in real time

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Seriously though is there a possibility of getting to a day where the worst of this is over for the US, or are we past the point of no return?

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Mons Hubris posted:

Seriously though is there a possibility of getting to a day where the worst of this is over for the US, or are we past the point of no return?

Lol

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Mons Hubris posted:

i have some bad news friend:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884239

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Mons Hubris posted:

the around expected max deaths is around 3 million americans based on it's age distribution diagram and IFR estiamtes, so we still have 2.8 million to go before the worst of it is over

then everything else to deal with

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Mons Hubris posted:

these are still the easy times, friend

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

learn to live with the 2.8 million incoming deaths lol

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
one of the infectious disease attendings told me today that he expects the covid times to last two years or so even with a vaccine sometime early next year

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

smarxist posted:

i want some kind of pre-memorial for those who will die to save our economy, like "you. you're listening to this message now, and you've been selected to die to keep our nation strong, and we salute you."

i hope the plaque on the memorial reads "this is dedicated to the 2-5 million americans who will bravely give their lives in the service of the economy"

and then crudely etched on the plaque an update, "update 2022: this memorial is now dedicated to the 25.7 million americans who were found to have actually died from covid-19"

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Xaris posted:

the around expected max deaths is around 3 million americans based on it's age distribution diagram and IFR estiamtes, so we still have 2.8 million to go before the worst of it is over

then everything else to deal with

well if that’s the case then the worse would be over at like 1.5M and then we’ll be on the downhill so that’s good at least

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
it feels like I'm breathin' nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

smarxist posted:

i want some kind of pre-memorial for those who will die to save our economy, like "you. you're listening to this message now, and you've been selected to die to keep our nation strong, and we salute you."

Egg Moron posted:

https://i.imgur.com/M9QWjJm.mp4

unmute for this really tacky techno version of amazing grace

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

eyeing that 60k. LA county still not up on Worldometers. And still a handful of Texas counties left

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hopper posted:

The correct answer is: Why don't you try walking on water like Jesus? Preferably over there where it is really deep?

Actually the correct answer is:

gently caress off with your religious nonsense, Jesus was gay

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

When does all the dying start?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Here's a fun thread

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1279187556106723333?s=19

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lmao at this av

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Taco Duck posted:

When does all the dying start?

if things play out like they did in Iran deaths should start ticking up in a week

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
edit: wrong thrad

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ellenpaige/status/1279141384495210500?s=20

Mons Hubris posted:

it's honestly a toss up if we're closer to COVID being over or the US being over

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I like watching community spread in real-time.
https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/status/1279204571550830598

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

It's all so loving stupid

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Zeno-25 posted:

think of how much better off the world would be if jesus was just a gay carpenter, never married, lived a quiet life in Bethlehem, and died of old age

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Zeno-25 posted:

i watched a performance of corpus christi like a decade and a half ago thinking it would be a scathing deconstruction of christianity

it was just the same boring poo poo i had to watch at church over and over again, but this time the kiss of betrayal wasn't platonic

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1279147193023242240?s=20

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

LMAO

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lmfao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump was building the wall to keep americans away from everyone else

what an incredibly caring prez thinking about the rest of the world

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

still lmao'in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving owned.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:smugdon:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SKULL.GIF posted:

+54,600

My mom texted me earlier tonight and rescinded her invitation for me to come up and join her and her boyfriend on the sailboat in Door County. She says traffic is insane, the marinas are above capacity, no one is wearing masks indoors. On top of all that its over 90* so people are overflowing the bars and restaurants. They're considering going home early because of how crowded it is.

The plague spread from this weekend holiday is going to be STAGGERING.

I bet the entirety of Chicago went up there. God damnit

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

my in-laws are about 20 min outside of traverse city, one of the whitest and richest places in Michigan and boy, it loving sucks. we skirted around downtown going to a nature walk and the traffic up here is like any normal summer day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

see trump really is going to get mexico to pay for that wall!