Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

fits my needs posted:

lol that owns. how much does a sailboat cost

sounds like you might be able to get one secondhand for cheap if you wait a few weeks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
reminder: please develop alcoholism at home like a normal pandemic survivor

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

My favorite serology study was definitely the one back in April from Stanford where they concluded that we were undercounting covid cases by like 80x, but if you multiplied the confirmed case count in New York even on the day the study came out it was greater than the population of New York. Good stuff, a reasonable thing to publish.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yesh posted:

going great!

I start with whiskey colas and then as I get stupid I start mixing rum with orange soda. it’s so bad!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

e: wrong thread again

Gio has issued a correction as of 18:07 on Jul 4, 2020

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Yesh posted:

lol I've nearly entirely switched over to edibles and weed tincture since March and my booze tolerance has gone to poo poo

gonna be a fun 4th

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

lol remember when the NBA shut down because of one player

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Epic High Five posted:

I love how current events in this country has basically just been trying to figure out what scene from a Cormac McCarthy novel something makes me think of. In this case, the part where Chigurh is about to kill the other bounty hunter

there'd be more dignity in it

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Florida truly is the Italy of America

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

think im gonna make a new team in smb3 called the wheeze

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Man Musk posted:

Florida truly is the Italy of America

and america is the italy of the western hemisphere

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i haven't really drank at all since the pandemic started. i'm changing that about 2 minutes ago

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Paradoxish posted:

one player, who licked microphones and dared COVID to infect him

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SKULL.GIF posted:

and then it did lmao

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

SKULL.GIF posted:

and he still can't smell properly some 100+ days later

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Rudy gobert is the most heroic Frenchman in history and almost saved us from a plague

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

can't drink much because im on blood thinners now but i did stockpile weed a couple months back so im good

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

VectorSigma posted:

change team name to atlanta graves

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Nothus posted:

He's giving out of date information. The major hospital labs and testing companies do their own internal validation and QC before offering a test for sale. This combined with the major diagnostic companies offering their own self-developed kits has eliminated a lot of the junk. He's right that March/April was the wild west with minimal oversight, but not anymore.

This is flat-out wrong. A validated test run by a licensed lab is not going to give a 50% false-positive rate, it's more like less than 1%.

This is true. A positive serology test only means your immune system was exposed to the virus and generated antibodies against it. We don't know exactly how that correlates to immunity beyond a vague "antibodies = immune".

Can you post a link where you are getting your new up to date information from?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

a real hero imo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Paradoxish posted:

a real hero imo

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Paradoxish posted:

a real hero imo

lol he saved a non-negligible number of lives

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

VectorSigma posted:

i haven't really drank at all since the pandemic started. i'm changing that about 2 minutes ago

:trumpsmug:

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

culture wars are an intentional distraction from being hosed at gunpoint by plutocrats, need it be said

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

yeah

we basically need the nfl to shut down to get a real response at this point

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

e: jfc gotta stop. doing this

Gio has issued a correction as of 18:29 on Jul 4, 2020

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

He effectively got march madness shut down which would have been a super spreader event throughout the entire country. In hindsight we actually needed that so people thought it wasn't a new York only disease

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

What's the go with this hydroxyquinone study that claims it reduces the chance of death: https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S1201-9712(20)30534-8/fulltext?fbclid=IwAR0o7U8NZBEic2k-KLNRks5t7gCSLqZMrvTM_VGBE48ZaOGrB2RLLCpfBhE

I'm not totally across a lot of their terminology but it seems like they've got to patients earlier with it and taken steps to manage the heart problems it causes

Not peer reviewed of course at this stage

it’s an observational study

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Gio posted:

e: jfc gotta stop. doing this

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

he really did, if it weren't for the NBA shutting down the NCAA wouldn't have either and who knows whether or when schools and colleges would have followed suit

It would have been like pulling teeth and probably wouldn't have happened for weeks if Adam Silver didn't fire the starting gun

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

all the chud counties in :ca: that were pushing for reopening are currently experiencing outbreaks :rip:

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Consider growing a commemorative July 4th bean plant to honor the innocent brain cells you've lost to virulent Republicanism

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
very cool that my family were pretty much the only ones completely masked up and distancing at a neighborhood gathering today, thankfully we didn’t stay too long and kept our distance. my preschooler handles a mask better than most of the adults I work with.

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
lmao the US will likely hit 3 million (official) cases by the end of the weekend. Happy 4th of July folks!

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

VectorSigma posted:

I spend the first month and a half completely sober just to prove to myself I could do it, and knew it would be good to help me lose a few pounds.

Then after about 2 months I crack pinged hard so gently caress it, just drink every day why not

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Paradoxish posted:

In South Korea, the KBO has been playing games for weeks. Their policy is to shut down the whole league if ONE player tests positive.

mystes
May 31, 2006

bawfuls posted:

In South Korea, the KBO has been playing games for weeks. Their policy is to shut down the whole league if ONE player tests positive.
Yeah but South Korea is a developed country.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ill admit the bulliet rye is going faster than it used to but bad daddy was an alchie so im not allowed to be

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

euphronius posted:

are they even good at being doctors

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/kfdmnews/status/1279273067928260609

anyone know of any issues that could arise from incentivizing people to lie about how they got infected?

also lol at the idea that traveling 100 miles is going to matter in texas by September