Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/drdavidsamadi/status/1279454895641374728?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:46 on Mar 23, 2021

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol talked to my parents and a cousin is dead loving set on having her wedding in september

she has graciously allowed the attendees to wear masks but she will provide them so that they're not like a sea of different colors

because thats what matters lmao

don't go, for gently caress's sake

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Mr Hootington posted:

11458 new cases in Florida lmao

I'm loving hooting and hollering.

*cockatoo crack ping*

HahahaAHAHAHAAH AHHHHHHHHH!H!HH!!H!H!!H!!H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Kansas lookin good

Here's Wichita, the most populous city in KS

Here's Johnson County, an extremely wealthy suburb of Kansas City

Johnson County has had 878 recoveries and 88 deaths. People are, of course, refusing to wear face masks.

spacemang_spliff has issued a correction as of 19:54 on Jul 4, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol talked to my parents and a cousin is dead loving set on having her wedding in september

she has graciously allowed the attendees to wear masks but she will provide them so that they're not like a sea of different colors

because thats what matters lmao

what

why

mask swag is where it's at. get the cool designs and bright colors out there

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Steve Yun posted:

tested positive

for bird dna

hahahahaha

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

sincx posted:

man the latest update from the Villages is a doozy

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1279460750717837317

very fine people on both sides

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Shipon posted:

don't go, for gently caress's sake

lmao i never was, i hate her mother to an unbearable degree and am waiting for her (the mother) to show up in one of those videos of white women flipping out about masks

my parents however feel they have to go but at least they sprung for 1st class tickets and plan to literally only attend the wedding and fly out the moment its done

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

what

why

mask swag is where it's at. get the cool designs and bright colors out there

you know how i've been posting about how stupid doctors are?

guess what my entire family is except for myself, my sister, and two nephews

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So I went hiking yesterday and afterwards I stopped at a couple of camp grounds I had been thinking about camping at in the future and wanted to get an idea of the layouts. I had a weird loving experience at one of them.

One of them we pulled into had like a massive group of like 6 RVs made into like a corral. Like 40+ people, no one wearing masks and seriously a sign that said "free haircuts" and they like all creepily waved at us as we drove by. Saw nothing like it at any of the other spots we stopped at and never seen anything like it before in the 10+ years i've been camping and doing outdoors stuff around this area.

This was at Ranger Creek camp ground and airstrip off 410 near mt rainier in WA.

I think all those people wanna get the 'roni and give it to any random person who takes them up on that free haircuts sign. Also the campground was absolutely full and every single other campground we saw. Even though all the bathroom facilites are closed by the state due to being unable to keep them safe/clean. All those people are probably making GBS threads with out digging holes or carrying it out. (most campers we saw were tent camping)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gf and i woke up early and hiked to the top of chimney rock this morning. first ones there, never saw anyone.

on the way out we decided to drive down to lake lure to see where dirty dancing was filmed

https://twitter.com/FizFashizzle/status/1279484408957894658?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

what's the word for a level beyond outbreak

because that's what we're seeing today lmao

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

SKULL.GIF posted:

brainbreak

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

necrotic blister

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

SKULL.GIF posted:

at this point when there's clearly no action being taken to stop the spread or develop a national plan... it's a fuckin genocide

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1279487628732256257

do it, give those ventilators away

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Rhesus Pieces posted:

he really did, if it weren't for the NBA shutting down the NCAA wouldn't have either and who knows whether or when schools and colleges would have followed suit

It would have been like pulling teeth and probably wouldn't have happened for weeks if Adam Silver didn't fire the starting gun

I feel like this is getting less and less true every day. Sure, at the present moment it's prevented thousands, maybe tens of thousands of deaths, but it's plainly obvious now that those deaths are coming anyway. Maybe having a huge initial shock like Italy might have scared more people into compliance, rather than so many hosed up American brains deciding that no, it's pointless to distance and wear masks

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
2020 is only half over and it's already lasted for hundreds of years.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Thoguh posted:

It's like when you put your SimCity on fast forward.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
This is so loving stupid because telling people "this is just how it is now" isn't going to fix the economy like they want it to because no one is going to go to a restaurant or get on an airplane as long as this is out of control. And the general lack of security in the future is going to stop people from making major purchases. It's the worst possible course of action.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Thoguh posted:

2020 will never end. December will simply roll into 2 January 01 2020

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Thump! posted:

2020 will never end. December will simply roll into 2 January 01 2020

https://twitter.com/TheDoctorX11/status/1267913943168753666

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Thoguh posted:

This is so loving stupid because telling people "this is just how it is now" isn't going to fix the economy like they want it to because no one is going to go to a restaurant or get on an airplane as long as this is out of control. And the general lack of security in the future is going to stop people from making major purchases. It's the worst possible course of action.

At the restaurant we've been seeing fewer and fewer total customers for each successive week. There's talks about closing front-of-house back down and going to takeout only.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

4th of July is going into history books and this tweet he gave during it will be the perfect accompaniment

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Happy 4th!! Anybody need any Ventilators???

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if it makes u feel bettter, ive built a career in live entertainment and me and all my homies are Turbo hosed, basically forever.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Smythe posted:

if it makes u feel bettter, ive built a career in live entertainment and me and all my homies are Turbo hosed, basically forever.

idgaf

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Smythe posted:

i listen to a lot of podcasts from comedians in LA and holy moly they are loving devastated. every single one is pretty much beyond the grieving stage and completley given up on ever doing stand up comedy ever again. the rich chuddier types like adam carolla and joe rogan are still flying out to loving texas and arizona to do shows but their days are numbered. but yeah take care of yourself and your friends, i've heard more than one podcast with comedians talking in hushed tones about a suicide of a freiend. it's going to get really rough for them.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

gently caress off bitch

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Smythe posted:

There are so many industries that are just... gone in a poof of COVID. And we're only in the past month or so starting to see the second round of layoffs in industries that aren't directly related to hospitality. poo poo's just gonna keep getting worse.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
economy dead so what

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

economy dead so what

Jobs are coming back. The MSM wouldn't want you to know

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
so Covid really is beginning to feel like the end of the world huh. like, no end in sight. no long term plan about how capitalist economies intend to adapt with service sector jobs either cratering or becoming a matter of life or death to perform. I keep thinking ok maybe someone will do a UBI but the Canadian government where I live has only been like “ok well TWO MORE MONTHS OF CERB BUT THATS IT!” like this whole thing is just buck wild on so many levels. never thought I’d live to see anything like this.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Homeless Friend posted:

economy dead so what

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

yeah isn’t unemployment in the industry in LA like 57% plus or something

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
TFW you live through the collapse of an empire

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Sad Billionaire posted:

https://twitter.com/kfdmnews/status/1279273067928260609

anyone know of any issues that could arise from incentivizing people to lie about how they got infected?

also lol at the idea that traveling 100 miles is going to matter in texas by September

I know someone who got fired because she went out (to a restaurant, I think?) and posted pictures all over her social media

kind of an odd edge case though because she volunteered to return to the office to be part of a special transition team and had to agree to not go out for anything non-essential while she was doing it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Doctor posted:

so Covid really is beginning to feel like the end of the world huh. like, no end in sight. no long term plan about how capitalist economies intend to adapt with service sector jobs either cratering or becoming a matter of life or death to perform. I keep thinking ok maybe someone will do a UBI but the Canadian government where I live has only been like “ok well TWO MORE MONTHS OF CERB BUT THATS IT!” like this whole thing is just buck wild on so many levels. never thought I’d live to see anything like this.

I was going to start doing my job search this year with the intent that my thesis defense would be next year but every conference and event was cancelled or shifted to an online only event where nothing really matters. I've been joking for the past 4 years that the economy would poo poo the bed right as I'm about to finish grad school and wouldn't you loving know it, it did. Now I have no motivation to do anything anymore honestly but i can't drop out because at least I'm making some money instead of no money right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Doctor posted:

let this radicalize you instead of leading you to despair