Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Has anyone else been thinking about Master Wato a lot recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I have spent the last few days trying to master his slick kung fu moves.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

OBEY YOUR MASTER
MASTER

MASTER OF WATO... OH gently caress DOUKI SWINGS
MY TRAINING DID NOTHING AGAINST A METAL BEAM
OH GOD IT HURTS I CAN FEEL EVERYTHING
THEY CALLED ME WATO AND I DEBUTED IN FRONT OF NO PEOPLE NO SCREAMS
MASTER
MASTER

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkUjXMibaf4

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Every moment that I'm not thinking about Master Wato is a moment wasted.

naM sdrawkcaB
Feb 17, 2011

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Master Wato then, Master Wato now, Master Wato forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Croc posted:

I have spent the last few days trying to master his slick kung fu moves.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE MOUSE ON A NEW JAPAN SHOW LINK. ITS THE NEW JAPAN CUP NIGHT 8 AND RIGHT THEN I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE NEW CHARACTER MASTER WATO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING GASPING PAIN NOISES WHEN SOME DOUKI BASTARD HITS ME WITH A LEAD PIPE OR EVEN WHEN I MESSED UP MY EXCURSION. NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE CURSED CLASS OF YOUNG LIONS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE ON FIGHT ISLAND AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FIGHT ISLAND CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PM INBOX LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING A BAD SPIN KICK EVERY MORNING. THEN I POST.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM THE MOUSE ON A NEW JAPAN SHOW LINK. ITS THE NEW JAPAN CUP NIGHT 8 AND RIGHT THEN I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE NEW CHARACTER MASTER WATO. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKING GASPING PAIN NOISES WHEN SOME DOUKI BASTARD HITS ME WITH A LEAD PIPE OR EVEN WHEN I MESSED UP MY EXCURSION. NOT MANY PEOPLE CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE CURSED CLASS OF YOUNG LIONS. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUT LOUD EVERY DAY TO PEOPLE ON FIGHT ISLAND AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN FIGHT ISLAND CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PM INBOX LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING A BAD SPIN KICK EVERY MORNING. THEN I POST.

:emptyquote:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Jerusalem posted:

Cerebral Bore posted:

YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL GIMMICKS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT DOUKI AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GRAND MASTER AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD GEDO'S BOOKING TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT DOMINION YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE GEDO KNOWS HE CAN'T BOOK ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO DOUKI YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT DOMINION. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT DOMINION! SENIOR DOUKI? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT DOMINION!

FUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK x 2

The Croc fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 5, 2020

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
YOU KNOW THEY SAY ALL GIMMICKS ARE CREATED EQUAL. BUT YOU LOOK AT ME AND YOU LOOK AT DOUKI AND YOU CAN SEE THAT STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE! SEE NORMALLY IF YOU GO 1 ON 1 WITH ANOTHER WRESTLER YOU GOT A 50/50 CHANCE OF WINNING! BUT I'M A GRAND MASTER AND I'M NOT NORMAL! SO YOU GOT A 25% AT BEST AT BEAT ME! AND THEN YOU ADD GEDO'S BOOKING TO THE MIX, YOU THE CHANCES OF WINNING DRASTIC GO DOWN! SEE THE 3 WAY AT DOMINION YOU GOT A 33 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING. BUT I, I GOT A 66 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING CAUSE GEDO KNOWS HE CAN'T BOOK ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY! SO DOUKI YOU TAKE YOUR 33 1/3 CHANCE MINUS MY 25% CHANCE AND YOU GOT 8 1/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT DOMINION. BUT THEN YOU TAKE MY 75% CHANCE OF WINNING IF WE WAS TO GO 1 ON 1 AND THEN ADD 66 2/3 %. I GOT A 141 2/3 CHANCE OF WINNING AT DOMINION! SENIOR DOUKI? THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE AND THEY SPELL DISASTER FOR YOU AT DOMINION!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

God loving drat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

GEDO KNOWS HE CAN'T BOOK ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY!

I know this is a joke copypasta but there is so much truth in this sentence

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I will always pop for this reference

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

GEDO KNOWS HE CAN'T BOOK ME AND HE'S NOT EVEN GONNA TRY!

You didn't have to bring the tag team division into this, Cerebral Bore :smith:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Who is Master Wato?
How is Master Wato?
Why is Master Wato?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Fix the money situation on the forums Jeffrey so I can get a Master Wato av.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

master wato was the first thing on my mind when i woke up like any other normal person and i remembered something i figured out three years ago.

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/922508957767303168?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

What the fuccck he's only 23? :stare:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thauros posted:

master wato was the first thing on my mind when i woke up like any other normal person and i remembered something i figured out three years ago.

https://twitter.com/thauros_/status/922508957767303168?s=20
masterwato will transcend reality into a being of pure light and goodness long before then

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Which also bodes well for him, because he could easily bomb in this gimmick and pull a Naito or Nakamura and reinvent himself again.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
I need to see Kawato's depression beard

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine being 23 and your wrestling career already being dead

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TriffTshngo posted:

We're gonna have to wait for him to hit puberty first

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'd like to hear the story of how Nakamura reinvented himself. I've always thought of him as the King of Strong Style. How did he get there?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

TriffTshngo posted:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Schneider Heim posted:

I'd like to hear the story of how Nakamura reinvented himself. I've always thought of him as the King of Strong Style. How did he get there?

Nakamura was uncool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kCXQ0k34Qo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Imagine being 23 and your wrestling career already being dead

Gonna regret it when you all don't get on the ground floor of Master Woto stocks. Only way it can go is up up up!

Schneider Heim posted:

He had zero charisma until he formed Chaos and went to Mexico and than suddenly found all the Charisma in the world. He only got the belt at first cause MMA and Inokism

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am i misremembering or wasn't there some cross-promotional angle where someone (maybe Kojima?) won the IWGP title while with another promotion after they called an audible and Nakamura was smart enough to get in his face despite still being a Young Lion, so they pushed him?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Am i misremembering or wasn't there some cross-promotional angle where someone (maybe Kojima?) won the IWGP title while with another promotion after they called an audible and Nakamura was smart enough to get in his face despite still being a Young Lion, so they pushed him?

No, Kojima's first reign came in 2005 whereas Nakamura's first run was in 2002 and led directly into a feud with Takayama for the revived NWF belt. Nakamura was pushed heavily from the start so the goal from the get go was to have him be one of the top guys and be a mix of a top level shooter/MMA guy and pro-wrestler (It didn't work)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think gaz is thinking of kojima winning the iwgp belt while he was with all japan and tenzan seemed to get knocked out in an interpromotional match

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There's also the time Mutoh was IWGP champ while running All Japan, and defending the belt on an All Japan show against Goto, who can say he's choked in big title matches in two promotions without ever leaving the first one!

But Gaz is remembering something, I think it might have just been some interpromotional card, but I have a very clear memory of a very young Nakamura getting into the face of people he shouldn't have been getting in the face of based on his placement on the card at the time.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ugh I also remember this. It was an interpromotional show or had a not njpw guy in the main event. The outsider disrespected the belt in some way and Nakamura had the sense to get into his face and it broke out into a bit of a young boy dojo scuffle in that weird not exactly a work but not exactly a shoot way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Can't find the gif of it, but there was an interpromotional match between Tenzan and Kojima where I think they did some kinda worked shoot angle where it was supposed to look like they went to a draw, but Tenzan's back gave out so they had to call a stoppage and Kojima won. Kojima threw the IWGP belt in the ring and Tanahashi and Nakamura, young lions at the time, were angry about it and one got right in his face and tried to attack him for disrespecting the IWGP belt.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure if it was Dave or somebody else that said Kojima winning wasn't supposed to be the finish but that probably sounds like someone trying to work the finish and nobody really caring enough about 2005 New Japan/All Japan to look further

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Can't find the gif of it, but there was an interpromotional match between Tenzan and Kojima where I think they did some kinda worked shoot angle where it was supposed to look like they went to a draw, but Tenzan's back gave out so they had to call a stoppage and Kojima won. Kojima threw the IWGP belt in the ring and Tanahashi and Nakamura, young lions at the time, were angry about it and one got right in his face and tried to attack him for disrespecting the IWGP belt.

This might be it. The only other thing I could think of was some scuffle after Jun Akiyama vs Yuji Nagata at the 2002 dome show but I'm not sure if Nakamura was a young lion yet.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Match was in 2005 though so Tanahashi/Nakamura weren't young lions though and were probably just seconds for Tenzan since inter-promotional matches always tended to have those

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They might have just been wearing the lion mark t-shirt and track pants, but in my head for some reason they're in the plain black trunks. Maybe because whichever one did the pull-apart ripped his shirt off as he did it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00285_1_1

Tenzan is completely hosed from dehydration after the 55 minute mark, the refs and Kojima try their best to stall and get him back on his feet but eventually just have to run with it. It's too weird to be intentional.

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 5, 2020