Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.
Les is clearly a time traveler, he is both the baby that Ann Eiffel is currently pregnant with and the Les that Tiffany is talking to. When his baby self is born Ann will send him back to... I assume the late-90's, to complete the time loop. That's why he grew up in foster care with a lovely, absent time traveler mom. If Les ever touches her stomach to feel the baby kick he will cause a time paradox and destroy the universe. Please leave a kudos and a comment on my fanfiction

:allears:

sweetguts fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

The Vosgian Beast posted:

iirc the strip directly after this is the greatest Peanuts strip of all time

Yes. Yes it is. So good they animated it. Sadly I can't find it anywhere at the moment.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2017 Spiderman

1978 Comics

Putting the "Dick" In Dick Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set spends some time apart.

Working Daze whatever.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix knows none of this make sense.

Cul De Sac is pretty sure the door was closed.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Spud may be my spirit animal but Petey is literally me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

readingatwork posted:

Spud may be my spirit animal but Petey is literally me.

Very much :same:.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Fort Knox

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I guess we’ve stopped with modern Tracy? Posting from phone so can’t really show it but today’s strip introduces what really, reaaaaally looks like Dethany.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Wouldn't be the first time.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 1/9/54

They'll Do It Every Time 1/9/47

Mopsy 1/20/43

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Foxtrot

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

BigglesSWE posted:

I guess we’ve stopped with modern Tracy? Posting from phone so can’t really show it but today’s strip introduces what really, reaaaaally looks like Dethany.
I gave up on it but I guess I'll have to un-give up on it while I see where that goes. :unsmigghh:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

In today's Corto Maltese: Corto drop-kicks the ultraliberal thought cabinet project overboard, or Corto helps a fellow sea-treader, or Corto obtains a high-quality drinking companion

...and, well... that's it! That's all the Corto Maltese I can wrangle up for now., uploaded with better quality scans then when I first started this. Thanks all of you who enjoyed these stories and commented; it was great fun to share them (and I'm very glad one can still upload stuff on this site, re. change of hands); being on the Discord (albeit briefly) made me realise how many people REALLY like this stuff, and the fact that I've been part of that makes me a happy bunny.

Unless people REALLY want me to start doing the adventures ALL over again, I won't be updating for a while in this thread. The very last adventure book, Mu, should be coming out in August, and I'll see how soon I can obtain and load it up for you lot, BUT if you want to do ME a huge favour - if you sincerely liked these stories, please do the Pratt estate a favour and purchase some of his stuff - he wrote other things besides from this (not just comics, also) and appreciating artist's work is always cool.

Oh, and... one last thing? Discendo Vox? If you are out there, the last adventure will... well, it'll have something in it you'll like.

Thanks again everyone. And thank YOU as well for loading up all of YOUR comics in turn. They are a ray of sunshine (or something to throw metaphorical over-ripe tomatoes at) in this day and age.

Also, thanks again whoever got me this avatar. It has all the style and cool panache that I lack in real life.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

In the book the king didn't like how easy the second one was to capture, so he ordered them to let the third one charge first.

Nancy

Dustin

Man in Black

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

What would people think if they knew she'd been to... a pub? :confused:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

originals: [1] [2]

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

They'd think she's roadside

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zelda

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

This is the first likeable Bizarro in memory.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kavak posted:

This is the first likeable Bizarro in memory.

Huh.

A bizzaro-Bizzaro.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Eighty-three years old comic, still completely relevant today (see: masks and COVID, but also a depressingly big number of workplaces and labs)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jiru posted:

Eighty-three years old comic, still completely relevant today (see: masks and COVID, but also a depressingly big number of workplaces and labs)

I have worked at three factories. This comic is one hundred percent relevant today.

The number of people who think PPE rules are overbearing nonsense rather than written in blood is astounding

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jan. 28, 1940)

Prince Valiant

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Tiggum posted:

What would people think if they knew she'd been to... a pub? :confused:

I remember this strip because, as a kid, I assumed that "pool hall" was a euphemism for something much sleazier. I didn't realize that the family is so utterly square that they're amazed/horrified at being in a bar.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A low class bar! What will her friends think!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Kennel posted:

originals: [1] [2]

Medical tyranny! I'm totally clutching at my pearls over here.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Dick

Comics Pages of '78

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Mr. Boop

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Boop is really messing with my head and I don't know how to feel about that.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Mr.Boop is in the top 10% of everything that's ever been posted in these threads.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Mr.Boop is in the top 10% of everything that's ever been posted in these threads.

I find myself utterly amazed that I agree

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mr. Boop forces us to tear down the false curtains that divide our reality

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Darthemed posted:

Comics Pages of '78

Brings back memories. No biorhythm chart, though...

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Stone Soup

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Hagar The Horrible

Somehow getting red wedding vibes from hägar is weird

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Rachel the rhino first showed up in 2003, and her initial purpose was to make Corrie the sheep jealous because her boyfriend, Bruno the (herbivorous) wolf was in the same class as Rachel; she had the "gimmick" that she was very near-sighted, and thus would charge at everything she found to be unfamiliar. She saved Bruno from some wolves who wanted to punish the "species-traitor", and then she joined the local high school's hunting team.

After graduating, she went to college and roomed with Lindesfarne the hedgehog; she was one of the bridesmaids at Lindesfarne's wedding to Fenton the bat, and after graduating she started working as an elementary school teacher and volunteering at a summer camp. In 2014 she married Joan the horse.

Joan the horse showed up in 2005 for exactly one strip, as Rachel's date to their high school prom. She then disappeared until their wedding in 2014, and has made very few appearances since, with the punchline in every one of them being "she's a fashion designer! :laugh:"

I'm posting Kevin and Kell lore and there's nothing you can do to stop me :unsmigghh: