Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who has physique on Mike Perry?
This poll is closed.
No One 13 30.95%
Francis N'gannou 29 69.05%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
is this real or did i imagine it / did it happen to someone else: cb dolloway gets the poo poo beaten out of him but due to A Turn of Events is declared the winner of the match while he's on a stretcher looking confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1279968141985165319?s=20

this happened today too

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

is this real or did i imagine it / did it happen to someone else: cb dolloway gets the poo poo beaten out of him but due to A Turn of Events is declared the winner of the match while he's on a stretcher looking confused

After getting the poo poo beat out of him for a round by Noted Scumbag Hector Lombard, CB Dolloway won the fight by DQ after Lombard threw two punches after the bell.

Pictured: Dolloway learning he won the fight, while on a stretcher

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Memento posted:

After getting the poo poo beat out of him for a round by Noted Scumbag Hector Lombard, CB Dolloway won the fight by DQ after Lombard threw two punches after the bell.

Pictured: Dolloway learning he won the fight, while on a stretcher

lmao thank you.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

that's amazing. And also a good thread title.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Respect. It's refreshing to see a Twitter MMA dude not be like, "yeah meet me at my gym bro" and recognize that Paul Felder would , in fact, beat him to death.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has there ever been a show other than that badly scripted bully beatdown show where they take people who have no fight training that talk poo poo all the time about how tough they are and put them up against trained mma fighters because I'd watch that

obligatory TUF/Street Beefs joke here

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 6, 2020

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Orange Carlisle posted:

Has there ever been a show other than that badly scripted bully beatdown show where they take people who have no fight training that talk poo poo all the time about how tough they are and put them up against trained mma fighters because I'd watch that

Not quite what you asked for but, Randy Couture was on a segment of Pros Vs Joes.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/g7zew/randy_couture_on_pros_vs_joes/

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
There are establishments that let drunk white dudes get in the ring with Thai boxers does that count?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

all in favour of the entire ufc roster getting a free punch at brendan schaub say aye

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
remember that brief time when schaub had some good will for paying that figher's son's medical bills and for being publically sceptical about picogram pulses?

crepeface posted:

Head: Masvidal's just talking poo poo/promoting, there's no way this works out for UFC 251.

heart: gently caress yeah, get in boooooooooiiiiiiiis

hell yeah baby

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

crepeface posted:

remember that brief time when schaub had some good will for paying that figher's son's medical bills and for being publically sceptical about picogram pulses?

I honestly didn't, and being reminded by it now I just assume he was doing it for clout

crepeface posted:

hell yeah baby

hell yeah baby

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There are establishments that let drunk white dudes get in the ring with Thai boxers does that count?
I've been to one of these but it was 3 drunk whiteys and iirc 2 kickboxers and they were all blindfolded.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://giant.gfycat.com/EnchantingGaseousAsianwaterbuffalo.webm

How has it already been a year.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol i forgot whitaker's congrats as if masvidal just brought back a jug of beer instead of a pint

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/daddydaddy_c00l/status/1279628984205012994

Imagine being this guy. Just going to go around telling a professional fighter near the top of his game what to work on for his next fight. The pure, gormless audacity.

You should read a ufc fight night thread

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Kurt Metzger referring to Brendan Schaub as the Brick Tamblin of the Rogan crew is pretty fuckin good. (Brick is Steve Carrell’s character in Anchorman)

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nah, Brick said things that were funny

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Nah, Brick said things that were funny

:perfect:

There's a helwani interview with masvidal where weight cut stuff comes up, there's timestamps in the description for relevant parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uXhRd0dqCA

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
schaub's built his whole inexplicable post-ufc career on saying dumb poo poo and getting everyone riled up. just look at the last few pages of this thread. he gets the people going.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Yeah, Schaub is the Lars von Trier of MMA. :rolleyes: Except that he's never produced anything remotely interesting, watchable or redeemable except videos of him getting murdered inside a chain link fence.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love that Felder is just stunned with his jaw dropped. Rogan calmly says "out cold" while Anik is going bonkers and Felder sits there with jaw agape.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

You should read a ufc fight night thread

Telling fighters they should have done more spinning poo poo will never not be good advice.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Yeah, Schaub is the Lars von Trier of MMA. :rolleyes: Except that he's never produced anything remotely interesting, watchable or redeemable except videos of him getting murdered inside a chain link fence.

you can't argue with success

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Max is a loving genius

https://twitter.com/BlessedMMA/status/1280183633752588291

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord

Macksy posted:

Telling fighters they should have done more spinning poo poo will never not be good advice.

Chris Weidman lookin' at you funny for this.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

i can still taste him posted:

Chris Weidman lookin' at you funny for this.

He has looked at everyone funny ever since then, including his family and friends until he can remember who they are.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bluedeanie posted:

He has looked at everyone funny ever since then, including his family and friends until he can remember who they are.

rough chuckle

SA Forums Poster
Oct 13, 2018

You have to PAY to post on that forum?!?
Masvidal has to cut 20 pounds in 6 days, and has had no training camp. Elite level MMA.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Hah, call me when Schaub makes his Melancholia.

No, sincerely. That’s the only Von Trier movie I enjoyed, so I’m curious if Schaub ever makes something I’d enjoy.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

SA Forums Poster posted:

Masvidal has to cut 20 pounds in 6 days, and has had no training camp. Elite level MMA.

At least long flights are very dehydrating.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Looks like Max has posted a vlog about the trip to Fight Island:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce90_-BUGQk

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

kimbo305 posted:

At least long flights are very dehydrating.

Hope to god he doesn't drink any of that toxic plane water like Nick Diaz

Or doesn't get crammed into a coach seat and ruins his back like Big Nog

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

SA Forums Poster posted:

fuuuuuuuuuuck

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

How much did Cormier try to cut and how quickly when he went into renal failure for the Olympics?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Reminder that Max tried to cut from uhhh I think it was 192 when boarding the plane from hawaii, 186 when he landed (I could be getting this sligthly wrong) to 155 and almost got there in like 4 days, and he wasn't even training at all at the time, so I think Jorge is gonna be fine cutting 20 to 170.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

From what I understand Jorge has been bred for this game.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

190-170 is an almost 10% bodyweight cut. Isn’t 5-10% what most people end up cutting on fight week anyways?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
https://tim.blog/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/

this blog post is basically all i understand about water cutting and it doesn't mention exercising, which frankly sounds like a stupid idea during a cut in general to me. incidentally the guy starts at 190lbs and cuts to 170 in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

CommonShore posted:

From what I understand Jorge has been bred for this game.

:hmmyes: