Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you can beat normal headless without confetti the underwater ones should be a cake walk by comparison, they only have two moves and are very easy to avoid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

If you can beat normal headless without confetti the underwater ones should be a cake walk by comparison, they only have two moves and are very easy to avoid.

This was very true. I also shamefully looked up what to do with the Treasure Carp scales; I never would have found any of this on my own!! I have absolutely no idea what to do now though, so I guess it's just time to bang my head against the final boss(?) until I Become Proficient. Why I gotta fight Isshin, anyway? I thought we were bros :(

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Yes, he was cool with drinking and relaxing through his final days until the end came, but when his nephew literally gave his life to return him from the underworld, he's just like, 'filial piety is a bitch, let's do it!'

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

How important are the scales? I have 10 or a dozen now I think and I guess more are coming in this water area, I did find the guy who buys them I just forget what he has

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

codo27 posted:

How important are the scales? I have 10 or a dozen now I think and I guess more are coming in this water area, I did find the guy who buys them I just forget what he has

Critical to get the last upgrades for your prosthetics.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
The important things to buy from the Pot Noble merchants are the red gourd and the 2 lapis lazulis for weapon upgrades (plus one more when you finish their questline). There's also the two mask fragments and the floating passage combat art but they're not that useful. IIRC there's enough treasure scales in a non-Shura playthrough to buy everything from both merchants.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

This was very true. I also shamefully looked up what to do with the Treasure Carp scales; I never would have found any of this on my own!! I have absolutely no idea what to do now though, so I guess it's just time to bang my head against the final boss(?) until I Become Proficient. Why I gotta fight Isshin, anyway? I thought we were bros :(

Fun fact about Isshin, he never berates you in combat once. None of that 'You're still a puppy/stray dog' poo poo. He's just like 'Nothing for it then. Come on!'

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

I have absolutely no idea what to do now though, so I guess it's just time to bang my head against the final boss(?) until I Become Proficient. Why I gotta fight Isshin, anyway? I thought we were bros :(

Isshin just wants to spar.
https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyLaconicAdminWTRuck

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Killing him in the greatest duel of all time is really the highest expression of friendship you could give Isshin

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I found a bunch more and had drat near 20 so I went back to the guy and bought him out. I didn't realize there was a second guy

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Isshin is on your side, but when Genichiro uses the black blade he summons Isshin back bound to his will. Isshin has to fulfil Genericho’s final wish - not out of honour but due to the magic of the black blade. Isshin understandably is also pissed off about this. He calls Genechiro pathetic for doing so and not allowing Ashina to be honourably defeated. But at the very least he gets his wish and gets to be proud of Sekiro for beating him at his pride. it wouldn’t be a soulsborne game without a poignant final battle.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

multijoe posted:

Killing him in the greatest duel of all time is really the highest expression of friendship you could give Isshin

I realized this after the fact and I won and it was awesome :woop:
Trip report: I did the Dragon ending, which I managed to puzzle out of my own accord somehow, although I had to look up that the Divine Child was indeed the illusion temple, which I checked but I'm blind or she didn't render right on my settings or whatever. In fact, I didn't look up anything apart from the Treasure Carp merchants and where the conclusion of the surgeons' quest was... woo??? :confuoot:

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

I realized this after the fact and I won and it was awesome :woop:
Trip report: I did the Dragon ending, which I managed to puzzle out of my own accord somehow, although I had to look up that the Divine Child was indeed the illusion temple, which I checked but I'm blind or she didn't render right on my settings or whatever. In fact, I didn't look up anything apart from the Treasure Carp merchants and where the conclusion of the surgeons' quest was... woo??? :confuoot:

Great job! What did you think of the fight, and how many tries did it take you? :D

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

IncendiaC posted:

The important things to buy from the Pot Noble merchants are the red gourd and the 2 lapis lazulis for weapon upgrades (plus one more when you finish their questline). There's also the two mask fragments and the floating passage combat art but they're not that useful. IIRC there's enough treasure scales in a non-Shura playthrough to buy everything from both merchants.

Floating passage can be quite good and does a bunch of chip damage through blocks.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tirranek posted:

Great job! What did you think of the fight, and how many tries did it take you? :D

It was wonderful!! It took... upwards of 10, less than 20, I think? A few times I got too mangled too early and just suicided off the cliff to restart so I wasn't really counting properly; either way, I caught on pretty quick, but I seem to have a perfect sense for pressing the inverse button for sweeping/thrusting attacks and I ended up taking way more punishment than I should each go. I had to accept that I needed to use the Sakura Droplet, and even then it really came down to the wire and I had to use a Dragon Blood Droplet and some Frozen Rice to eke out a win. I finally timed a lightning reflect properly for the final bit of posture damage, too! It couldn't have been more cinematically appropriate, I say, after running around like a fool and failing really easy counters and dodges :downs:

Speaking of special moves, I only ended up using the Senpou striking moves all game. They're fast, safe, and let you eke out more posture damage than you normally would, and they just kinda fit naturally into my playstyle. I spent most of my skill points on passive skills anyway so I didn't have many moves to try out :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 7, 2020

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

It was wonderful!! It took... upwards of 10, less than 20, I think? A few times I got too mangled too early and just suicided off the cliff to restart so I wasn't really counting properly; either way, I caught on pretty quick, but I seem to have a perfect sense for pressing the inverse button for sweeping/thrusting attacks and I ended up taking way more punishment than I should each go. I had to accept that I needed to use the Sakura Droplet, and even then it really came down to the wire and I had to use a Dragon Blood Droplet and some Frozen Rice to eke out a win. I finally timed a lightning reflect properly for the final bit of posture damage, too! It couldn't have been more cinematically appropriate, I say, after running around like a fool and failing really easy counters and dodges :downs:

Speaking of special moves, I only ended up using the Senpou striking moves all game. They're fast, safe, and let you eke out more posture damage than you normally would, and they just kinda fit naturally into my playstyle. I spent most of my skill points on passive skills anyway so I didn't have many moves to try out :v:

Yeah it's probably my favourite in the game. For a fight that's as tough as it is, it's surprisingly non-bullshity.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Still miffed that this never got a dlc considering the quality of Fromsoft DLCs and how good the gameplay is in this.

Btw has there been any word on Fromsoft's next game? I know it was with George RR or something.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Thank elden ring for no dlc.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ohhh elden ring

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

you see, it has to do with family ties...

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Family ties are best cut with cold hanzo steel

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ulio posted:

Still miffed that this never got a dlc considering the quality of Fromsoft DLCs and how good the gameplay is in this.

Btw has there been any word on Fromsoft's next game? I know it was with George RR or something.

We got the announcement trailer 13 months ago and radio silence since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enbYOMtR4I

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

don't tell me...you don't see it

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I am not good enough to beat Sword Saint Isshin or the Demon of Hatred :stonklol: I dunno what else there is to do though apart from fight these underwater Headless, which seems irritating. I never found where the surgeons went to or what to do with these Treasure Carp scales or Snake God hearts, though; guess I'll poke around the game world a little more and try to find some more secrets? I can't think of anywhere I haven't explored yet though!

The surgeon is one of those From Special sidequests that have a bunch of obscure steps/timing and end with a wet fart anyway, I wouldn't worry about it. The other 2 have major payouts although finding them without looking at a guide might be difficult.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

We got the announcement trailer 13 months ago and radio silence since.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enbYOMtR4I

Oh ya I do remember it now, I saw some fanart/fake lore for it. I actually forget it was a real game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ulio posted:

Oh ya I do remember it now, I saw some fanart/fake lore for it. I actually forget it was a real game.

Yeah the subreddit went insane due to no news and all the posts became fake lore for the game.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Yeah the subreddit went insane due to no news and all the posts became fake lore for the game.

It's George RR Martin, it will be finished in 8 years.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's George RR Martin, it will be finished in 8 years.

He only did the backstory, the master is doing the actual plot and poo poo.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

He only did the backstory, the master is doing the actual plot and poo poo.

Are you sure it's been finished?

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Are you sure it's been finished?

Yeah he wrote it, it’s been done for at least 13 months or whatever.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Cpt_Obvious posted:

George RR Martin

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Dad in the memory on ng+3 is an endurance contest. Not hard but long, and he moves you around the level a lot so that those stupid firecrackers nail you. Happy to have that done. Just a little more and I'll have ending 3. Really though, the all skills achievement is going to suck balls. I don't want to do ng4.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I have put so much time with this game and I still have trouble fighting the ogres. Their grabs get me every time. I always resort to cheesing their first health bar and then using fire on the next one.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

blackguy32 posted:

I have put so much time with this game and I still have trouble fighting the ogres. Their grabs get me every time. I always resort to cheesing their first health bar and then using fire on the next one.

Nah, that's how you kill them. The grab hit box is super weird.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

Dad in the memory on ng+3 is an endurance contest. Not hard but long, and he moves you around the level a lot so that those stupid firecrackers nail you. Happy to have that done. Just a little more and I'll have ending 3. Really though, the all skills achievement is going to suck balls. I don't want to do ng4.
There's a spot where you can get 4-5 backstabs and reset close to the DoH fight, that should get you the XP you need fairly quickly on NG+3.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Oscar Wild posted:

Nah, that's how you kill them. The grab hit box is super weird.

still better than emma's grab

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

blackguy32 posted:

it's okay, those fuckers have the cheatingest grab hitboxes I've ever seen in a From game

I swear to god his bear hugs have 210 degrees and five feet of reach or something :mad:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Zvahl posted:

still better than emma's grab

she also has a rad unique "nope" stab attack when you try to jump slash her. The Gentle Blade is a cool, if rather short, fight.

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
I started this two weeks ago and I'm having a loving blast. I just punked Juzou the Drunkard and the Burning Bull respectively.

Moving on from the Burning Bull, I encountered a shinobi from another clan talking poo poo about me, so I feel like I have to gently caress his poo poo up and reclaim my honor. I found a similar shinobi near where I got the Mist Raven prosthetic near Estate Hirata, but I wasn't able to take him out.

Game loving rules.

I dropped the 3000 sen for the kunai upgrade; how can I apply it to my shuriken? Do I need other upgrades first? Where do I source the scrap metal and blackpowder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Rhadamanthus posted:

I started this two weeks ago and I'm having a loving blast. I just punked Juzou the Drunkard and the Burning Bull respectively.

Moving on from the Burning Bull, I encountered a shinobi from another clan talking poo poo about me, so I feel like I have to gently caress his poo poo up and reclaim my honor. I found a similar shinobi near where I got the Mist Raven prosthetic near Estate Hirata, but I wasn't able to take him out.

Game loving rules.

I dropped the 3000 sen for the kunai upgrade; how can I apply it to my shuriken? Do I need other upgrades first? Where do I source the scrap metal and blackpowder?

Kunai is a separate shinobi tool, and the sculptor is the only one with the knowledge to help you on that