Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Renault are the only engine supplier where the factory team is doing worse than their customers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The plague thing is just clickbait for the "lol 2020" meme kids.
There's a few cases each year and treatment is simple enough.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
After Ricciardo they should have learn their lesson imo. Or maybe they want an rear end in a top hat who tells them they loving suck and maybe improve from there?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zeta Acosta posted:

After Ricciardo they should have learn their lesson imo. Or maybe they want an rear end in a top hat who tells them they loving suck and maybe improve from there?

Everyone has their kinks

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

The plague thing is just clickbait for the "lol 2020" meme kids.
There's a few cases each year and treatment is simple enough.

There's no treatment for Alonso in my F1.

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Khablam posted:

Fairly sure he's a pseudo-pay-driver with the Kimoa sponsorship.

It's spelt 'Quinoa'

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

Wirth1000 posted:

There's no treatment for Alonso in my F1.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Hopefully drive to survive has a camera crew in Renault's garage so we can view some Alonso hissyfits and dispel his image permanently.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
alonso to renault? i guess that secures mclarens fate

mclaren WCC 2021

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

i knew the new GRID game was unrealistic because alonso wasn’t cursing and slurring at you during his boss battle

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Hopefully drive to survive has a camera crew in Renault's garage so we can view some Alonso hissyfits and dispel his image permanently.

He’s a dick in real life

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he realises that Renault have no chance at winning and he'll just be happy racing for some poinhahahahahahahahahaha

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

One time at the 24 Hours of Daytona I was almost run over by a golf cart that had Alonso in it.

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
Discussion topic: would Alonso have knelt with the other drivers?

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Thanks Ants posted:

Do Renault think their issue is the drivers or something? Obviously Team Dan and Team Nando is the moral WCC but they're still going to break all the time.

team nando & ocon

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
While im drinking a jote* im thinking what the hell, i hope Nando enjoys racing again and Renault makes a good car. The world sucks enough to wish bad things to kimoa dude.

wine with coca cola

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Zeta Acosta posted:

Or maybe they want an rear end in a top hat who tells them they loving suck and maybe improve from there?

Isn't this your average French person, anyway?

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

net work error posted:

One time at the 24 Hours of Daytona I was almost run over by a golf cart that had Alonso in it.

sir excuse me the correct term is 'Daytona Prototype'

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Minto Took posted:

Isn't this your average French person, anyway?

my ex wasnt french

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Bold Prediction: Renault announces that they're stepping away from F1 in the middle of the 2021 season.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Why would you not want nando back, the more drama the better.

Now just get pastor back and we can go full on wacky races

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

CancerCakes posted:

This, but Taki Inoue

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

CancerCakes posted:

Its not drama, its just sad

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wirth1000 posted:

Fire him. Hire Gunther Steiner. Disembowl Haas racing.

If Gunther good, why Haas bad?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is a good video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgXo0509S28

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Rinkles posted:

If Gunther good, why Haas bad?

Gene Haas.

Also, Gunther isn't great but he's way better than god drat Cyril Shitinabowl.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The contrast in engine sound between that and ferrari is striking, the Renault sounds smooth and consistent whereas all of Charles's upshifts were shuddering like a 2015 Honda

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
If nothing else, Guenther, Alonso, and a mediocre car would make for some great team radio.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

seems like this guy is an epic gamer

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

What bugs me with Alonso and Kimi (and to a lesser degree Vettel and Stroll. Hulk and Kubica don't count cause they're out) is how there's decent fast kids out there who could be taking these spots. Kimi is doing nothing (bwoar ice cream and poo poo!) and it's not like the car is improving much with his experience, send him out to pasture and get some kid from F2 in there.

I guess it will be something to watch Alonso ruin yet more one team? And who knows maybe Renault will pull a McLaren when he's gone

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
is alonso known to be a driver thats good at helping develop the car i can't remember?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Gonna come out right now and say Alonso WDC 2021. gently caress the haters. Put your Kimoa shades and snapback on.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ocon is the star of the future for Renault.

Alonso is just the prestige signing trying to milk whatever worth he has and to be a chip for arguing that Renault F1 Team should continue to exist as there's a 2x WDC driving for them again. You know... the guy who won the WDC 14 loving years ago with them.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

is alonso known to be a driver thats good at helping develop the car i can't remember?

Very good OP. He says its poo poo all the time so the engineers know that the car they worked on is poo poo and they should make it less poo poo.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Serperoth posted:

What bugs me with Alonso and Kimi (and to a lesser degree Vettel and Stroll. Hulk and Kubica don't count cause they're out) is how there's decent fast kids out there who could be taking these spots. Kimi is doing nothing (bwoar ice cream and poo poo!) and it's not like the car is improving much with his experience, send him out to pasture and get some kid from F2 in there.

I guess it will be something to watch Alonso ruin yet more one team? And who knows maybe Renault will pull a McLaren when he's gone

Kubica will run fp1 this friday.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

track day bro! posted:

Unironic answer is yes all because when he was forced to take that year out and become Renault's test driver back when test driving actually was a thing and the test drivers would routinely put in more km's than the actual race team drivers.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Also will all this diversity push they are doing why the gently caress they dont rush a women to fill some main team seats. There is no way in hell there is no a women driver worse than Grossjean, Kubica, Raikkonen, Giovanazzi, or Magnussen.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

Unironic answer is yes all because when he was forced to take that year out and become Renault's test driver back when test driving actually was a thing and the test drivers would routinely put in more km's than the actual race team drivers.

Let's develop this car by not using a garbage engine that has only been tested on a single cylinder was a pretty astute observation also.

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

the reason kimi sticks around is because his race pace is theoretically still good and he gives great feedback which is something young drivers tend to not be great at. its one of the reasons kubica sticks around (on top of his sponsor money ofc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

alonso isn’t really known for development he’s just an rear end in a top hat who is good at driving. he’s never helped develop poo poo tho he usually out drives the car