Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, and Flint got on the Zephyr at the end of last season, so where is he?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Jetfire posted:

Fun fact: one of the secret chronicom agents was played by Shakira Barrera, who played Yolanda on Glow. Her nickname on that show? Yo-yo.

Thank you. It was killing me that I recognized her but couldn't place the face.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

May had to feel how horny Stoner was for her. Ew lol.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

swickles posted:

Yeah, and Flint got on the Zephyr at the end of last season, so where is he?!?!

I think we're 100% down for a flashback episode at some point, explaining what actually happened in those missing hours during the Season Six finale. Depending on Castedecker's availability.

(The rumour I've seen floating online says he'll be back for only two episodes though.)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
How many episodes are left?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Pillowpants posted:

How many episodes are left?

Seven.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

twistedmentat posted:

Sousa and Daisy is not a pairing I'd of seen coming, but I'm all for it.

And y'all thought I was crazy a few weeks ago for suggesting it. :D

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I hope Deke goes full Phillip J. Fry and ends up his own grandfather (paternal).

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
that would be some Dark poo poo man

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Medullah posted:

Just because the writers agree it doesn't have to be sane.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

that would be some Dark poo poo man

:captainpop:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Went by a little lighthouse on Lake Ontario today. The onscreen Lighthouse is in Maine and River's End is a fictional town, but Sodus Point seems like the closest real world equivalent to where they mapped it out in the show. Still a nice view.

Nearest town's more run down.

I didn't look for Zima. Or really go inside anywhere I didn't have to of course. Makes me wonder if they had an apocalypse condition for plague in there.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCV8GiYFuHG/

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That got a good laugh out of me.

Medullah posted:

I mean, it won't be romantic. I mean Its gross to put an older man with a young woman in shows. I mean Sousa was born in like the 1920s at the latest, he's way too old for Daisy.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Just binged the whole season over the last two days and dang, why isn't Enver Gjokaj in everything? He's great. I am loving this season really don't want it to end. They're dropping so many references to poo poo I've almost forgotten about that I think I need to rewatch the entire thing, just can't decide if I start doing that now or wait until season 7 finishes.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Sirotan posted:

Just binged the whole season over the last two days and dang, why isn't Enver Gjokaj in everything? He's great. I am loving this season really don't want it to end. They're dropping so many references to poo poo I've almost forgotten about that I think I need to rewatch the entire thing, just can't decide if I start doing that now or wait until season 7 finishes.

Agreed about Enver. He can sing, dance and act as per AOS and Carter. He should be a lot more famous than he is.
See also Mallory Jansen

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He was by far the all star of Dollhouse.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

GreenNight posted:

He was by far the all star of Dollhouse.

I have not seen this and now I will need to rectify that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The show doesn't start off good, but it gets there.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I liked Dollhouse a lot, but yeah it takes a little bit to get good (not as long as AoS did though!). It starts to shift gears after the first couple episodes and ends up going in pretty unexpected directions later on. I thought the flash forward/future stuff at the end of each season was super cool when I first watched it

gey muckle mowser fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 8, 2020

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
I've seen bits of DollHouse but the main character's lack of, well, let's just say charisma, put me right off. Also the sexdoll stuff was just nooooo. I do remember Dichen was in it, she's good too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I watched Dollhouse 100% because Eliza Dushku was one of my first major Hollywood crushes but yeah, she was not a good part of the show.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Everything around Dushku in Dollhouse is excellent, she's just this weakness at the center and she never really improves. The story gets really good, though, and goes in some really unexpected directions. It's definitely worth watching.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib
It's a shame, Dushku was a wild breath of fresh air in Buffy and Angel. She's really good in the right role.

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
You're all crazy. Eliza was good in Dollhouse too.

But yeah, Enver's the star.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Olivia Williams was the star of Dollhouse. Easily the best regular in the cast.

Enver was pretty good though.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Is Mack going to end up starring in the movie that scarred him as a child when tonight's episode airs? (mentioned during early stages flirting with YoYo)
Also remember something about Mack opting for extra payouts on his SHIELD agent life insurance policy if he gets killed by robots in the line of duty.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

quantumfoam posted:

Is Mack going to end up starring in the movie that scarred him as a child when tonight's episode airs? (mentioned during early stages flirting with YoYo)
Also remember something about Mack opting for extra payouts on his SHIELD agent life insurance policy if he gets killed by robots in the line of duty.

They will pull a Sousa with him, removing him from the timeline. Its actually the basis of SHIELD's funding. Also, I watched Chopping Mall a couple years back because it was covered on HDTGM and it nails the aesthetic perfectly just based on the preview.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd love it if shield turned out to be entirely funded by Deke breaking the rules and investing in poo poo in the past

"Turns out SHIELD owns 48% of Apple"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They should have gone full Fat Thor makeup for Fat Mack.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

That's an amazingly fake beard

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Deke Squad

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat it Deke.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Deke, stop using future knowledge for your personal gain. :argh:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They are gonna cram every 80's movie reference into this episode and I will love each and every one.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

We're doing the whole song huh...

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol we're getting a full performance of the song

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Star-Lord did the same sort of thing back during Secret Wars 2015

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was not expecting the whole song :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I love the slightly off lyrics, like he knew most of the song but had to fill in a bit.