Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cattail Prophet posted:

E: Oh, haha just kidding, mime can equip staves and apparently I picked up 3 power staves going through meatfort. Also, just as a refresher, mime inherits raw stats from mastered jobs, but not any other passives, correct?

Mime inherits the same things that Freelancer inherits: Stats, Dual Wield, and any non-equipment passives. (Also no HP+/MP+, but that's true for Freelancer too.)

Most of these are non-entities since they either don't have a use in a Fiesta setting (Thief's non-stat passives are all active just by having a thief, same with Geomancer) or don't really help Mime in the slightest (why would you want Barehanded when you could just use that Monk strength with an actual weapon, even if it's just the Assassin's Dagger or Chicken Knife)

The lack of equipment passives is just far more obvious since unlike Freelancer, Mimes are limited to Knives, Rods, Staves and Thief poo poo for weapons, and don't get free Ribbon access either.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jul 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

Cattail Prophet posted:

E: Oh, haha just kidding, mime can equip staves and apparently I picked up 3 power staves going through meatfort. Also, just as a refresher, mime inherits raw stats from mastered jobs, but not any other passives, correct?

Incidentally, and maybe you already know this but I just did it recently, the power staff has to *hit* Shinny with an attack, not use as an item. That's not a huge deal except it means your mime has to have !Attack set, and probably still needs !Item to throw phoenix downs around too.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Wouldn't step 1 be "Getting sucker punched by your friend's dipshit kid"?

Edit: I'm still convinced he dies of the wounds Bartz inflicts upon him.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

I am on Run #4 and I've had four Dragoons, so thanks for giving me a purpose.

TheWonderTrickster posted:

Well after way too many days of shitposting on the Discord on Toxx ideas I finally figured out one to commit onto here:
(I watched a lot of Kamen Rider while doing my runs and especially when grinding for the Eight Ragnaroks and Surgical Kill :toxx:)

Rider Kick :toxx:
In any team running a Monk or Dragoon:

$1 for every boss that was attacked by !Kick or !Jump and their subsequent dramatic death animation (You don't need to actually kill them with !Kick or !Jump, the magic of imagination of two pictures is enough):

Byblos
Sol Cannon (Technically it explodes for its death animation and yet that'd be the most accurate kind of death I'd want from a Rider Kick :v:)
Archeoaevis (No Level 5 Death here)
Atomos
MeatDeath
Calofisteri
Omega
Apanda
Azulmagia
Catastrophe
Halicarnassus
Twintania (Can only bully him with everything but Death/Stone)
Necrophobe when Gilgamesh shows up (I would technically like a screencap of the explosion Greg does on Necrophobe before death but that's up to you)
NED

As much as I would like seeing at least one of each boss getting Rider Kicked, I'll only accept 3 claims per boss and $30 total.

Now a slightly crazier :toxx: separate from those:
$20 for video evidence of killing every part of NED at once with !Kick. I'll also accept the inconvenience effort to get a pic for every part scanned to have less hp than a kick that hits all of them and NED's death.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Went through files on my old external hard drives and found my videos from the 2015 Fiesta. In honor of the run I did that year which I remember the most, I will pledge $4 (up to $20 total) for each run this year that culminates by killing NeoExdeath's final part with Jitterbug (Duet). This can be via a Dancer, another unit with the !Dance ability, or the Dancing Dagger. In my 2015 run, it was a Bard with !Dance, so I'll double the pledge to $8 if you make the kill with that specific combination on video.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

DeathSandwich posted:

To be fair, the werewolves assuming the people that are helping Galuf are evil is also pretty dipshit.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

DeathSandwich posted:

Is it really a sucker punch if you a) start the fight then b) get a couple hits in and c) get interrupted when going for an attack again by said punch? That's about as un-sucker as a punch can get.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Unreal_One posted:

Is it really a sucker punch if you a) start the fight then b) get a couple hits in and c) get interrupted when going for an attack again by said punch? That's about as un-sucker as a punch can get.

Proper RPG fighting etiquette requires all participants to consider expository banter and extravagant windups a free action.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

berenzen posted:

I have a little bit of expendable cash, so I think I'll make a :toxx: of my own.

I will pay $10 per superboss (to a max of $50 for each, $100 total) for anyone that beats them "legitimately". That means no quickleaking/!calm/!sing/chemist berserking omega, and no berserking/quickleaking shinryu. Basically, fight the superbosses without breaking their script in some way.

It's hard to capture, if you are running bard/beastmaster/time/etc. I'll still accept submissions, just use the honor system.

Toxx Fulfilled!

TheWonderTrickster
Aug 16, 2013
Alright so my 4th run:
Knight/Dancer/Blue Mage/Red Mage

Nothing in the rules that states I can't fulfill multiple toxxes in one run so-

nrook posted:

And in celebration of my first win:

:toxx:

Oh no!

Namek is exploding in 10 hours!

That's right. If you don't collect the seven Dragon Balls and summon Shenron, the planet is doomed.

I'll be donating $10 for each run that defeats Shinryu within 10 hours. In other words, you need to have the Dragon Seal in your inventory before the 10 hour mark passes. Please provide a screenshot of the in-game clock as well as one of the Dragon Seal (or a Shinryu death shot). I'll donate for up to 20 runs here. Of course, it only counts if you started the run after I made this post.

Plus, I'll donate an additional $50 for the first two players who manage to beat Shinryu within 8 hours.

In addition to the Fiesta, I'll also be donating the same amount to the Institute for Community Living, a charity that helps out people in New York City who are homeless. It's a two-for-one deal!

Honestly at first I was scared because I went for the 0 Powered Chicken Knife so I assumed the random battles will slow me down a lot. But once I got Aeroga, it was fairly smooth sailing. However, I had no items to sustain myself for NED and since I finished this toxx, I was free and didn't have to worry about any time limits.

DalaranJ posted:

The Perfect Crime
:toxx: $20 up to a maximum of $200 for each person who can show me,

Post one screenshot showing your classes. You cannot use a thief at any time during this challenge.
Post one screenshot showing your item list containing the following items:
1. Titan's Glove
2. Genji Armor
3. Kornago Gourd (or 2 if you have a beastmaster)
4. 3 Gold Hairpins

Azulmagia was mugged during my escape from Namek, and everything else was in order after I killed Shinryu.

Thankfully killing a lot on the way back and forth to NED gave me some levels and a lot of gil to buy Elixirs:

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Mustard Iceman posted:

Went through files on my old external hard drives and found my videos from the 2015 Fiesta. In honor of the run I did that year which I remember the most, I will pledge $4 (up to $20 total) for each run this year that culminates by killing NeoExdeath's final part with Jitterbug (Duet). This can be via a Dancer, another unit with the !Dance ability, or the Dancing Dagger. In my 2015 run, it was a Bard with !Dance, so I'll double the pledge to $8 if you make the kill with that specific combination on video.

NED took 18 minutes with this team, probably because I spent ten turns scanning the last two parts of NED and accidentally killing the 3rd piece with an Aera, causing the last one to be on enrage while it was Two Jitterbugs away from death :v:

Welp, I just need to grind to kill Omega and I'll probably edit this post only to confirm I got the TC.

Edit: Did it without breaking my mind on grinding levels

TheWonderTrickster fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 10, 2020

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

This filled up quicker than I expected last year, so I've adjusted the numbers to give more people an opportunity for pain.

$20 up to a Max of $500 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completions: blakelmenakle, Procrastine, Serene Dragon, Fat and Useless, JibberJabberwocky x2, Orange Fluffy Sheep, Vernatio, Shyfted, Spelling Mitsake, Zerilan, Man With Hat, TheWonderTrickster

Still room for 12 more!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Holy poo poo.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

:drat:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Wow. That's nuts

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
I haven't made much progress on my second run lately so instead I'm going to keep shitposting.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Shitposting sounds fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Shitposting!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
So I'm on Exdeath in his castle and I have Summoner, Red Mage, Monk, and Bard as my classes.

Is there anything I can do besides a job fair for the mage?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Did you get the summons Golem and Carbuncle?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yeah, being at meat castle means you have access to the second and third best summons in the game. (Maybe third and fourth, depending on how much your party needs Phoenix.)

Golem: Go back to Drakenvale and find the encounter with Golem being attacked. He'll come back even if you gently caress it up, just save and reload, all you have to do is save him before he dies and he'll join. (He might actually give you an item you have to use, I forget.) Just keep shoving Hi-Potions in his face while you kill the undead. I think you can also use Phoenix Downs to autokill the undead attacking him, but I'm not sure. It's a very, very good summon that stops all physical damage up to a certain amount, and then you can just recast it.

Carbuncle: In the meat castle, the room with the skull floor panels that drop you into the stew. The topmost skull will warp you to the summon orb, you just gotta beat up a pretty tough fight and you'll get a summon that will give your whole party Reflect.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 11, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Carbuncle: In the meat castle, the room with the skull floor panels that drop you into the stew. The topmost skull will warp you to the summon orb, you just gotta beat up a pretty tough fight and you'll get a summon that will give your whole party Reflect.

Alternatively get Catoblepas, survive three offensive spells, then petrify him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hellioning posted:

Alternatively get Catoblepas, survive three offensive spells, then petrify him.
Fair, but they probably want Carbuncle anyways, and it'd suck much harder to miss it than it would to miss Catoblepas.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

PMush Perfect posted:

Fair, but they probably want Carbuncle anyways, and it'd suck much harder to miss it than it would to miss Catoblepas.

That's a suggestion for defeating Carbuncle. It's a fairly difficult fight if you play it straight, but at some point petrification is a viable strategy, and Catoblepas does petrification.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

ultrafilter posted:

That's a suggestion for defeating Carbuncle. It's a fairly difficult fight if you play it straight, but at some point petrification is a viable strategy, and Catoblepas does petrification.

Yeah, his healing form is vulnerable. Just wait for him to cast Cura and then you can one shot him.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Yeah we got golem and utterly rolled over carbuncle. Cast them both at the start of the fight, nothing exdeath did got reflected. No catoblepass though.

Appreciate the advice, I'm pretty good at managing the battle system, been playing with it for 25 years. I'm trying to get two 7-year-olds into charity donating, and "we've got to grind 10 levels in order to part with $30 of our money" is going to paint the wrong picture in their minds.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 11, 2020

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Did you keep up with casting them? Ruby light wears off after a certain amount of time and Earthen wall only puts up with a certain amount of damage until it quits.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Azza Bamboo posted:

Did you keep up with casting them? Ruby light wears off after a certain amount of time and Earthen wall only puts up with a certain amount of damage until it quits.

Golem definitely, its effectiveness blows our minds. The reflect one probably not though, exdeath was casting stuff like Flare where I was like "why... why wouldn't this be reflected like in every other final fantasy?"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If all else fails, there's not many problems in this game that level grinding can't solve.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Once you get past Meatdeath, you'll have almost immediate access to Syldra, at least.

I like Syldra.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Golem definitely, its effectiveness blows our minds. The reflect one probably not though, exdeath was casting stuff like Flare where I was like "why... why wouldn't this be reflected like in every other final fantasy?"

Flare is reflected, I believe level 3 flare is not reflected.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
L3 Flare is definitely reflectable unless it was changed for mobile.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Hmm, reflect has color priority iirc, you just need to make sure people stay flashing blue.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Reflect from !White or Carbuncle wears off. It’s hard to know it’s gone unless it’s the only buff you have (Protect’s yellow and Shell’s green glows take precedent over Reflect’s blue.) So yeah if a Flare or -aga gets through you need to re-cast.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Bufuman posted:

Oh, that reminds me that I had an idea for a toxx myself.

It's time for :smugwizard: Magical Bufu's Magical :toxx:

* The condition for this one is simple: Obtain every magic spell in one run. White, Black, Time, Blue, Summons, and Songs. Dark Arts are exempt, but if you're a masochist you're welcome to go for it.
* The classes required to actually USE the spells are not mandatory, but obviously Blue Magic will require a Blue Mage or a randomizer run with Learning.
* Donation amount is $5 for every run with all spells, up to a limit of $100. (I wanted it to be more, but I have more bills to pay than I did in previous years thanks to Real Life Bullshit)
* Proof requested: Ideally shots of your magic screens, but for simplicity's sake I'll accept a shot of just the Time magic list to cover White and Black too (since you need to get their final spells to get access to Meteor). For most lists with multiple pages (White/Black/Time just barely require two pages in certain versions IIRC), I'll go by the honor system and accept single shots at the bottom of the list. Blue Magic will require shots of all pages though.

Hopefully a clip from Twitch will suffice for your purposes. And hopefully I'm not too late on this. https://clips.twitch.tv/FunnySilkyHummingbirdWTRuck

apophenium posted:

I'm excited about this Fiesta!!! I registered for a Pure Chaos Risk run. My first risk!

I also want to do a :toxx: challenge:

I'll donate $2 for every victory with Bartz named ACAB, BLM, George, or any related name, up to $100. Let's have fun and help people!

I got creative with my name, hope it's also not too late!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

BLM/SAM/MYS/RAN finished
Fourth run down, another triple crown.

I put Rapid Fire on the MYS and used Thundaga blade on Omega, at level 40 each hit was 7k so I only needed to get two rounds off, which took a few tries, but was doable.

Wonder wand berserk + dark bow blind made Shinryu easy

Break blade almagest, blind vacuum wave, then took down grand cross before it could grand cross me. Too easy.

Two more runs to go if I want to finish ultrafilter's toxx

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

We're at 13 T-rex kills, only 12 to go!

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Drunk Nerds posted:

Carbuncle lasts for a stupid short time. You should recast it every two summoner turns or so to be safe.

Meatdeath also has a few attacks that break through both golem and reflect. None of them are flare so in this case it's your reflect that's expired most likely. Zombie Breath, Earthquake and the countdown spell all go through. And of course he counters with dispel from time to time.

Worst case scenario you can go back to galuf's castle and grind out dual cast on the statues in the basement and then dualcast summons. At least that's grinding out a skill instead of just grinding out bigger level numbers.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or go to Ghido’s cave and murder old men there. If you kill them in their old man form, they have a chance to drop a staff that casts Holy when you break it. A couple of them should be enough to get Exdeath to his “Spam attacks and -aga spells”, which is much easier to deal with thanks to Golem and Carbuncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

We're at 13 T-rex kills, only 12 to go!

Killed with Titan and Ifrit