Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Hey remember when Trump leaned on NOAA to change their storm report? The (soon to be fired, I'm sure) IG report is out and unredacted.

https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1281649429942951937

quote:

Four days after the tweets, then acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney sent Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross an email after 9 p.m., saying “it appears as if the NWS intentionally contradicted the president. And we need to know why. He wants either a correction or an explanation or both.”

That triggered a series of texts, emails and phone calls involving Ross underlings, especially Department of Commerce Chief of Staff Michael J. Walsh Jr. from 1 a.m. to 3:43 a.m., laying the groundwork for a NOAA statement that came out the next day.

Jacobs said “things went crazy in the middle of the night.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I think i've figured out the thinking of orange baby on covid.

If 10% or so of the population dies, it opens up that many jobs and that will grow the economy by 40%!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

ded posted:

I think i've figured out the thinking of orange baby on covid.

If 10% or so of the population dies, it opens up that many jobs and that will grow the economy by 40%!

"I've killed more Americans than any other President! Suck it, Lincoln, Nixon, and Johnson!" :smugdon:

Trump will get his statue. In Tehran.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 10, 2020

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

ded posted:

I think i've figured out the thinking

Just gonna stop you right here

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
A right-wing shitter tied into the Trump/WH just said that Roger Stone got his sentence commuted, and he's likely a good source for that kind of thing (lol Friday night news dump), so at least Stone's still a felon!

Better source: https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1281737047150125056

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jul 11, 2020

PipHelix
Nov 11, 2017

Handsome Ralph posted:

EDIT: Also it's entirely possible to get pissed off about the possibility of the bounties and Trump not doing poo poo about it while also maintaining the belief that we should probably get the gently caress out of Afghanistan. These things aren't mutually exclusive unless you're a moron.

Wondering what exactly there is to get pissed about? I mentioned in other threads, but haven't been given a good example. Do people believe that we were not dying in afghanistan until this started? That the afghanis needed a reason to kill us?

That this is somehow unusual in war?

Basically can we not let our need to be pissed at Trump not have us arguing with some neocon fantasy of a happy little plantation colony until the nasty outside organizers showed up?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

facialimpediment posted:

A right-wing shitter tied into the Trump/WH just said that Roger Stone got his sentence commuted, and he's likely a good source for that kind of thing (lol Friday night news dump), so at least Stone's still a felon!

Better source: https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1281737047150125056

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/10/trump-will-commute-ally-roger-stones-prison-sentence-source-tells-nbc-news.html

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

PipHelix posted:

Wondering what exactly there is to get pissed about? I mentioned in other threads, but haven't been given a good example. Do people believe that we were not dying in afghanistan until this started? That the afghanis needed a reason to kill us?

Basically can we not let our need to be pissed at Trump not have us arguing with some neocon fantasy of a happy little plantation colony until the nasty outside organizers showed up?

The point isn't that there were bounties, the point is that Trump knew about them and not only did nothing, but actively continued to try and let Russia back into the G8.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/CelesteKatzNYC/status/1281741909338337280

Could've done that months and months and months ago and avoided:

- the sentencing scandal
- Barr calling it fair two days ago
- endless news cycles of Stone poo poo
- a trial
- doing all this in an election
- waiting until Stone said I DIDN'T RAT ON TRUMP I DESERVE A COMMUTATION

He's poo poo at politics, it's hilarious.

https://twitter.com/KT_So_It_Goes/status/1281745491949244417

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 11, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Internet Wizard posted:

He's the kind of idiot who realizes that American Imperialism is Bad, but then instead of jumping to All Imperialism is Bad, he jumps to All Anti-Americanism is Good

What's his username

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

PipHelix posted:

Acebuckeye put it much nicer than I'm about to.

One of my friends was killed in Afghanistan last year. The attack he was killed in has been pointed at as one that is connected to the bounty issue. We knew when he left there was a chance that he might not come home but I don't think any of us had "Killed as a result of a bounty program setup by the GRU" on our bingo cards.

I don't think myself or anyone here want Trump or anyone else to keep troops in Afghanistan because of this, but doing nothing in response and then trying to force Russia back into the G8? You're god drat right I'm pissed.

Go back to CSPAM, fuckhead.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

PipHelix posted:

What in the actual gently caress is wrong with you?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Did you wake up and decide to tell a bunch of veterans that it’s no biggie that Russia payed for their friends to die or was that something you decided later in the day

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
loving :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

cnn posted:

Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

wait wait wait, he SECRETLY wrote hateful poo poo? what about the things he wrote that bitch boy tucker said on air?

:lol:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ded posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

wait wait wait, he SECRETLY wrote hateful poo poo? what about the things he wrote that bitch boy tucker said on air?

Maybe he resigned for withholding his best material.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Godholio posted:

"If you promise to stop killing our guys we'll let you in the clubhouse" is an interesting foreign policy doctrine.

Most international "clubhouses" are not even conditioned on that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ded posted:

Was the secret stuff worse then the on air stuff?

Because maybe he got fired for withholding work product.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

hobbesmaster posted:

Most international "clubhouses" are not even conditioned on that.

That's fair. I should've worded it as "If you promise to stop killing our guys we'll actively campaign to get you in the clubhouse and continue pretending you're a good dude."

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

ded posted:

cnn posted:

Tucker Carlson's top writer resigns after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks in online forum

The top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has for years been using a pseudonym to post bigoted remarks on an online forum that is a hotbed for racist, sexist, and other offensive content, CNN Business learned this week.

What's his username, redux

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

M_Gargantua posted:

What's his username, redux

Apparently it's this guy. Yeesh, look at that rap sheet.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

A Bad Poster posted:

JFC. :stare:

If anyone deserves to join Lowtax in Cancelvania, it’s this rear end in a top hat.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A Bad Poster posted:

Incredible username/post combo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ManMythLegend posted:

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the JFK assassination.

I'm not white knighting the CIA here, but for people who have spent any time in or around the incompetence of the federal government you are pretty quick to jump on the "secret CIA conspiracy" bandwagon instead of believing that an explicit adversary of the US is using the same tactics we did almost 40 years ago for the same strategic purpose.

Like, take a breath and remember that Occam's Razor is still a thing.

The conspiracy is far more lame in my brain than the heyday of actual 60s fuckery. CIA has arrangements Afghanistan because duh. These range from heroin pickups to warlord chai tea parties. Real day to day poo poo that have been established for 20 year. This poo poo is so mechanical that it gets put into continuity books. The CIA gets a pipeline of military grunt officers to be their Uber, secure storage, and a Popeyes food court as long as the military remains in Afghanistan. CIA is NEVER leaving that region, so I believe they do gently caress gently caress games to keep a reason around to keep the troops there.

Somebody dumb is still cooking things in Afghanistan to turn out training opportunities for empty suits like Buttigeig. That is my conspiracy, we remain there for officer bullets.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Oh hey, good news for once!

https://twitter.com/ShannonBream/status/1281778799970058240

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Holy poo poo, this guy really sucks!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ahahahahahahahahahaha

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Full article (not from some Fox News fuckstick): https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/l...ea-4a87fba31f1c

quote:

ST. LOUIS — 5 On Your Side has learned St. Louis police officers executed a search warrant Friday evening at the home of Mark and Patricia McCloskey, the Central West end couple who confronted protesters with weapons in June.

Sources tell 5 On Your Side police seized one of the weapons, the rifle, from the couple and they told police their attorney has the pistol seen in photos.

5 On Your Side is not aware of any charges against the McCloskeys at this time, and the warrant served Friday evening was just for the guns.

Late Friday evening 5 On Your Side confirmed attorney Al Watkins was no longer representing the McCloskeys, and that attorney Joel Schwartz had taken over. Schwartz confirmed a search warrant was issued at 8 p.m. Friday night, but would not say what was taken from the home. Schwartz also said he does not know where the handgun is.

My guess is that they're going to go after them for past incidents.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

A Bad Poster posted:

How did I know what this was and still fall for it?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Stultus Maximus posted:

Hey remember when Trump leaned on NOAA to change their storm report? The (soon to be fired, I'm sure) IG report is out and unredacted.

https://twitter.com/nbcsandiego/status/1281649429942951937

This is still toward the top of the most insultingly pants-on-head stupid things this rear end in a top hat has tried to pull.

"No, see? We were right! Do you see the ring which isn't even the same color as the outline around the extended forecast? That's CLEARLY an accurate thing! We were right and not the fake news emails hoax witch hunt on this official document produced by trained individuals!"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's really difficult to pick out the stupidest thing to the point I wont even try

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'm just gonna remind everyone of Jacinda's reasonable slam on Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/17/jacinda-ardern-to-donald-trump-no-one-marched-when-i-was-elected

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Hekk posted:

How did I know what this was and still fall for it?

Im seriously confused am I that internet famous or am I joke archtype?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Gaj posted:

No one explain it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gaj posted:

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
I mean ive been a huge poo poo head but Im assuming its a throw away from Carlson, like all goons are monsters.

Which is true because Ive been banned by Vile Rat, my highes forumst achievement.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah you definitely suck

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
We call it “gaj-ing” around here

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gaj posted:

I mean ive been a huge poo poo head but Im assuming its a throw away from Carlson, like all goons are monsters.

Which is true because Ive been banned by Vile Rat, my highes forumst achievement.

Have you recently suffered a head injury? You type like a concussed ant.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Forumst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

You can see why he'd kick me from vent.