Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll
This poll is closed.
Yes 151 82.51%
No 32 17.49%
Total: 183 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This dude fucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Wonder if he's got a custom tailpipe for enhanced exhaust noise

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Just throwing out there that the president blatantly abused his powers and commuted Roger Stone's sentence and it's just, kinda, there. Nobody is even bothering to be shocked by it. Just another day in the world no big deal. President corrupt, so what?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/TrueFactsStated/status/1281939162782892032

I know it's a bit of a rhetorical question, but how poo poo of a GOP politician do you have to be for Ann Goddamn Coulter to say "vote for the other woman". :tviv:

TROP-ICAL STORM Fay is a Dem-o-crat-ic HOAX...sad...Joe Biden made it up so we couldn't rally in New Hampshire...

Whether Weather Forecasters will weather the latest campaign to determine whether weather predictions are in big Weather's hand depends on whether weather predictions predict accurate weather.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

bird food bathtub posted:

Just throwing out there that the president blatantly abused his powers and commuted Roger Stone's sentence and it's just, kinda, there. Nobody is even bothering to be shocked by it. Just another day in the world no big deal. President corrupt, so what?

I don't see it as an abuse of power. I see it as wrong, however the constitution grants absolute pardon power to the president. He's not doing anything outside of his authority. If we don't want the president pardoning his buddies, we have to amend the constitution or remove the president.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This got me howling

Portland Place couple who confronted protesters have a long history of not backing down

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local...5dd287.amp.html

They've got a long history of being vexatious litigants, abusing the legal system, and just being all around horrible people.

some choice bits, but the whole thing is gold.

quote:

In March 2013, in Phelps County, Mark McCloskey sued his father and his father’s trust over the gift. The birthday card and earth, he claimed, were sufficient title because they met the legal definition of “livery of seisin,” a ceremony performed in medieval England for the conveyance of land.

The birthday card in question? It's from his 20th. In 1976.

quote:

In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.

quote:

The McCloskeys have filed at least two “quiet title” suits asserting squatter’s rights on land they’ve occupied openly and hostilely — their terms — and claimed as their own. In an ongoing suit against Portland Place trustees in 2017, the McCloskeys say they are entitled to a 1,143-square-foot triangle of lawn in front of property that is set aside as common ground in the neighborhood’s indenture.

It was that patch of green protesters saw when they filed through the gate. Mark McCloskey said in an affidavit that he has defended the patch before by pointing a gun at a neighbor who had tried to cut through it.

They're also scummy landlords.

quote:

The second tenant signed a lease for $950 per month last November, and failed to pay rent in April and May. The McCloskeys filed an eviction suit on May 12 and Mark McCloskey filed an affidavit stating that he was not barred by federal law from evicting someone during the COVID-19 pandemic because the unit was not part of a federal housing rental program.

This man went to law school to be a bully and not get punched.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't see it as an abuse of power. I see it as wrong, however the constitution grants absolute pardon power to the president. He's not doing anything outside of his authority. If we don't want the president pardoning his buddies, we have to amend the constitution or remove the president.

The president also has the legal authority to publicly disclose every HUMINT source but that doesn't make it right.
Being legal doesn't stop it from being an abuse of power. Are you a Republican Senator? Because that was their argument against removing him from office.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The pardon power really is explicitly made for the president to use it for political and personal advantage though

Like if you’re looking for any other interpretation you have to go back through a couple centuries of precedent

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 11, 2020

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

The president also has the legal authority to publicly disclose every HUMINT source but that doesn't make it right.
Being legal doesn't stop it from being an abuse of power. Are you a Republican Senator? Because that was their argument against removing him from office.

He was impeached for holding up duly authorized congressional aid to an ally nation for personal political gain. That is something he had the power to do but he did not have the authority. He abused his power to do something he shouldn't.

His pardon power, on the other hand, is absolute. There are no limits. He could pardon every person in prison right now and it would not be an abuse of that power. Bill Clinton pardoned friends as well (or his brother I can't recall) and it wasn't an abuse of power.

Fallom posted:

The pardon power really is explicitly made for the president to use it for political and personal advantage though

Like if you’re looking for any other interpretation you have to go back through a couple centuries of precedent

Exactly.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The only limits on the president's pardon power are that he cannot pardon state crimes and the pardoned party has to accept the pardon. Beyond that, there is no limit.

This isn't about agreeing with whether something is right or wrong. It's a matter of scope of authority.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wasabi the J posted:

I distrust anyone these ghouls endorse. Maybe that's the point of get endorsement.

The latest trend is also tearing apart Democratic candidates fundraisers, so AOC is now considered by a few posters in C-SPAM to be a billionaire plant or something.

That forum is dumb as a box of fucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

bird food bathtub posted:

Well, there's one person who thought it was A Bad Idea:

https://twitter.com/BeschlossDC/status/1282028141494632449

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Godholio posted:

That forum is dumb as a box of fucks.

Do you mean here or SA as a whole because it's really the latter

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The Disneyworld reopening is happening.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1281952572329406474

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1281955059346046977

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1281969432974241792

https://mobile.twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1281982575855181825

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I remember thinking the suicide booths in Futurama were ridiculous.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

LongDarkNight posted:

I remember thinking the suicide booths in Futurama were ridiculous.

they were not near imaginative enough

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

cool, cool

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1281650430984859648

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

This is stupid af, but I will take heart that if this training is similar to any other LEO "combatitives" training I've sat in on it'll be piss poor and probably not rooted in any sort of reality and hopefully some chud will accidentally shoot themselves in the thigh or get jumped and beat to crap because he thought that a six hour course is enough to turn him into billy badass migrant cop.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
And now my constant paranoia about being a brown person in the south feels entirely justified.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

loving gross.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

sharknado slashfic posted:

Do you mean here or SA as a whole because it's really the latter

truly, none of us are as dumb as all of us

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
*boop*

https://twitter.com/HowesNathan/status/1282062268813934593

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Defenestrategy posted:

This is stupid af, but I will take heart that if this training is similar to any other LEO "combatitives" training I've sat in on it'll be piss poor and probably not rooted in any sort of reality and hopefully some chud will accidentally shoot themselves in the thigh or get jumped and beat to crap because he thought that a six hour course is enough to turn him into billy badass migrant cop.

Nah the really gross thing about it is how it's normalising and straight-up endorsing white americans suspicion and fear of immigrants, and weaponising it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Nah the really gross thing about it is how it's normalising and straight-up endorsing white americans suspicion and fear of immigrants, and weaponising it.

Yeah this is gonna get a bunch of unemployed chuds whooped up one weekend to go beating up on immigrants.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Yeah this is gonna get a bunch of unemployed chuds whooped up one weekend to go beating up on immigrants.

Or some dipshit unhappy with his steak takes it on himself to do a raid on the kitchen.

I’d be interested to hear what privileges and responsibilities come with the Junior G-Man Badge here.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

ded posted:

loving :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

wait wait wait, he SECRETLY wrote hateful poo poo? what about the things he wrote that bitch boy tucker said on air?

:lol:

Holy poo poo! I ran across XOXOhth when I was looking at law schools about 10 years ago. It became a hate-read of mine for a hot minute. It was full of prestige/status obsessed upper middle class kids who were bitter that their ticket to an upper class NYC lifestyle was being taken from them as the bottom fell out of the legal market. It did a lot to dissuade me from going into a bunch of debt to attend a big name law school (or law school at all, really).

Even after all these years, I knew what it was before the article said it. It was that distinctive of a toxic cesspool. Imagine ending up on the news for posting there lmao

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Somebody needs the Second Edition.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Regarding the DisneyWorld opening, I dunno how they expect that to go even under ideal conditions and not when Florida is in peak virus time. Especially with people mobbing together like in those photos.

I had thought Disney was an unstoppable juggernaut but in retrospect that was dependent on the regular billion dollar movies and packed parks each day. I know it’s terrible for the tens of thousands of parks employees but rushing to reopen so soon is a bad idea.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I think they expect it to go like this:
-More money for us
-gently caress you

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Regarding the DisneyWorld opening, I dunno how they expect that to go even under ideal conditions and not when Florida is in peak virus time. Especially with people mobbing together like in those photos.

I had thought Disney was an unstoppable juggernaut but in retrospect that was dependent on the regular billion dollar movies and packed parks each day. I know it’s terrible for the tens of thousands of parks employees but rushing to reopen so soon is a bad idea.

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1282106395307806720?s=20

America is never getting over this until 1. these people are dead from stupidity or 2. vaccine or 3. Red Superman comes

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Nick Soapdish posted:

America is never getting over this until 1. these people are dead from stupidity or 2. vaccine or 3. Red Superman comes

When I had COVID symptoms I never had a sore throat, but an itchy one. I also had a chest pain/soreness feeling when breathing as if there was a brick on my lungs. Sounds like they just got some standard virus like the cruise ship stuff.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Nick Soapdish posted:

Holy cow! That is beyond satire. I also saw that park workers were getting 50% off Disney Store merch? In exchange for dealing with the kind of people packing a park at peak pandemic panic?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

As Nero Danced posted:

And now my constant paranoia about being a brown person in the south feels entirely justified.

thats what you get for choosing to be born brown!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

As Nero Danced posted:

It was justified before bud

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Holy cow! That is beyond satire. I also saw that park workers were getting 50% off Disney Store merch? In exchange for dealing with the kind of people packing a park at peak pandemic panic?

St Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go
I owe my soul to the Disney store

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Hyrax Attack! posted:

They got a new CEO very recently and he was previously the guy in charge of all the parks and cruise boats so it boils down to, it's personal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jeffrey officially owns somethingawful now. He's still gotta get the payment system transferred over to him, but other than that everything else is done. Lowtax continues to gaslight the latest 'crazy' woman in his life.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I guess zero is technically "countless"

HonorableTB posted:

nice meltdown lowtax lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

But I actually came here to post this sick dunk on Great White

https://twitter.com/cstbtweet/statu...ingawful.com%2F