Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Skwirl posted:

High profile guys you say?

High profile players.

So far, I think the biggest one is Von Miller, but he got it early on so the media (And probably most fans) have largely forgotten it at this point. Same with Sean Payton among coaches. When big name players start getting it, the league might do something (They won’t until either everyone has it or players die).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Keith Atherton posted:

The NFL is banking on this going away and will start the season. When high profile guys get sick they’ll be forced to make a decision about the number of games

2020 is going to join 1982 and 1987 as an asterisk year when you look at stats

every year has been an asterisk year since 2001

because of the pats cheating you see

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I dunno, some of what I've read suggests that if you draw the short straw with COVID-19, no amount of money saves you at this point.

Also a lot of owners are old as dirt and at extremely high risk of dying from COVID. Although the Cardinals dude appears to only be in his 50s.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
New Zealand lol. Maybe they could play on a giant airship! That's just as likely. Jesus people.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

New Zealand lol. Maybe they could play on a giant airship! That's just as likely. Jesus people.

Air craft carrier.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Not isolated enough. I think we all know where the NFL needs to go to be sure the players will die of CTE and not COVID:

https://youtu.be/g1Sq1Nr58hM

NFL gonna build space colonies. :pseudo:

And if they’re anything like the stadiums, they’ll fall apart and crash into the planet and complete our turn into a post-apocalyptic society!

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Elon Musk could build the space stadiums

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"And the winner of Musk Bowl I..."

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1281721351896739842

lol

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:3:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This is usually how I react when putting in for par as well. Then again, I’m usually 7 beers deep and have previously hit a handful of quadruple bogeys and shanked 14 balls into the woods.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Golf is of course the only “sport” he’s allowed to play per his contract.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Meanwhile Kelce, 8 beers deep, calmly nailing an eagle

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1281725742699642880

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

kiimo posted:

Meanwhile Kelce, 8 beers deep, calmly nailing an eagle

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1281725742699642880

Watching live how Covid is spread

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Please change thread title to “the beer probably helps”.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

He loving had Malcolm X killed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Swear to god police reform is going to get wrecked because people want to die on Louis Farrakhan hill.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Of course he did

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1281985567740362753

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Swear to god police reform is going to get wrecked because people want to die on Louis Farrakhan hill.

If it does it was never going to succeed

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
The Police Reform movement isn’t based on the words and actions of a couple of boneheaded athletes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here we go!

https://apple.news/AKJ_hVDnaTNW-Tn2IgdaSCg

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/status/1282020925408509953

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

We don't need another 40 pages of name propositions

Just sit on your hands until we get the reveal

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I bet it's still at least slightly racist though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Police Reform movement isn’t based on the words and actions of a couple of boneheaded athletes.

White midwesterners May or May not have any idea

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

SKULL.GIF posted:

We don't need another 40 pages of name propositions

Just sit on your hands until we get the reveal

No, now we need 40 pages of guesses on what the name is going to be. Big difference

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

latinotwink1997 posted:

No, now we need 40 pages of guesses on what the name is going to be. Big difference

Washington Forums!
Washington Spitballerz! (Z was a typo but keepin’ it!)
Washington Freeballers!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/FilmHistoric/status/1282068191359963137

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

I bet it's still at least slightly racist though.

whatever it is, its a stone cold lock of the century to loving suck

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

a play with a designed snap to a guy split wide AND a lateral

you'd pretty much never see that today.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

I would love to see some of these rugby-inspired elements return to football, not that I think they ever will, but man it looks real elegant

I have been watching Aussie Rules to bide time and I've really enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind some kind of forward-kicking progress thing being added to the NFL, even if it might never get used

barnold fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 12, 2020

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

When did laterals stop being a thing except in final play desperation mode, and why did it happen?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That play wouldn't work at all in the modern NFL because modern players are athletic, and a modern corner is gonna see the WR lining up 7 yards back from the LOS and get right up on the line.

More teams should have designed laterals though. They're easy to practice, tons of HS / college teams use enough pitch concepts that players have experience with it, and they loving rule.

It's absolutely the thing you should do when playing against a way better team.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

When did laterals stop being a thing except in final play desperation mode, and why did it happen?

Because coaches are conservative wusses and turnovers are death.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Yeah I should be clear, when I say "rugby-inspired elements" I mostly mean the free-flowing lateral game, not necessarily the goofy offensive set that relies on literally nobody seeing the guy lined up out wide

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

Yeah I should be clear, when I say "rugby-inspired elements" I mostly mean the free-flowing lateral game, not necessarily the goofy offensive set that relies on literally nobody seeing the guy lined up out wide

Once in a blue moon you'll see someone do this (most famously Randy Moss, although that was the last play of the half). Last season Kelce had one in the middle of a play to Shady McCoy against he Lions that went for a first down.

I'd imagine when it works the coach is like 'good job, never do that again' once someone gets to the sideline. When it doesn't work, well, you know what the reaction would be. Someone on the Eagles had one a few years ago that everyone dunked on because it was just ugly, DJax maybe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I would love to see some of these rugby-inspired elements return to football, not that I think they ever will, but man it looks real elegant

I have been watching Aussie Rules to bide time and I've really enjoyed it, I wouldn't mind some kind of forward-kicking progress thing being added to the NFL, even if it might never get used

https://twitter.com/NFLRT/status/619260579979595776

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

god drat daunte culpepper was fuckin' cool.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

That play wouldn't work at all in the modern NFL because modern players are athletic, and a modern corner is gonna see the WR lining up 7 yards back from the LOS and get right up on the line.

More teams should have designed laterals though. They're easy to practice, tons of HS / college teams use enough pitch concepts that players have experience with it, and they loving rule.

It's absolutely the thing you should do when playing against a way better team.

When I was living in the Republic of Georgia I did 7 on 7 with a bunch of Georgian jr high and high school players for a few months. They largely got it except they wanted to lateral every play. It was a pleasant surprise if either side could go three plays without a turnover. Eventually I just embraced it, they were way too deep in Rugby to ever stop them.

There was a dude named Dato who was like 6"2, had great instincts for picking the ball, and soft hands. Whenever his team was playing D smart money was they have the ball again on the first or second play. I would just tell him "Good job, Ed." and switched him up periodically so more than half the kids could play offense. Had amazing instincts, and was really athletic, but a little too much of a strider to have the change of direction for soccer, and lived in a part of the country that would never allow an athlete to be discovered. I bet if he grew up in a football town he'd have made it at least to the college level. He never understood why I called him Ed.

Funny, the older guys didn't get throwing the ball but the younger kids could whip it. There was this one 7th grade girl named Lana who hucked the ball 40 yards in the air easy like within 10 minutes of me tossing it to her. It's funny, I didn't have to show her anything, she just naturally had perfect form and threw a spiral. These were farm kids from wine country, none of them were ripped but they were all wiry, so they looked like sticks but were deceptively strong.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 12, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

describing child physiques is no longer allowed On here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Cavauro posted:

describing child physiques is no longer allowed On here

And ditto for ducks.