Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you ever been to the moon?
This poll is closed.
Yes 149 32.82%
Absolutely 100 22.03%
I want to talk to Samson 205 45.15%
Total: 454 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sestze posted:

yes. The elimination of SBMM led to off-meta picks for about a week in crucible, and then people who were relatively clueless got the message to get their poo poo together or don't play crucible at all.

Errrr I meant, now that you're not exclusively playing clownshoe players, are you still seeing Recluse. Recluse is not a good or popular choice for the ol Crucible outside of the "idle 4 matches with my PvE loadout still on, for the weekly pinnacle" crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Remember the Nine Lives shell that had the hidden bonus of making meowing noises when you double-jumped and landed?

My character is bugged, the meowing has just become a part of the normal game sound at this point even with the shell deleted from my stash and inventory; is this a known issue that can be resolved?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Wheeee posted:

Remember the Nine Lives shell that had the hidden bonus of making meowing noises when you double-jumped and landed?

My character is bugged, the meowing has just become a part of the normal game sound at this point even with the shell deleted from my stash and inventory; is this a known issue that can be resolved?

Why would you want to be rid of that?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Wheeee posted:

can I have your account?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Errrr I meant, now that you're not exclusively playing clownshoe players, are you still seeing Recluse. Recluse is not a good or popular choice for the ol Crucible outside of the "idle 4 matches with my PvE loadout still on, for the weekly pinnacle" crew

Recluse isn't in the top 10 of used weapons in pvp.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RocketRaygun posted:

Recluse isn't in the top 10 of used weapons in pvp.

Very much in support of what I'm saying. If anyone was constantly running into it in past seasons, it was because they were languishing in the bottom sbmm tiers

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I’m pretty sure it’s the nerf to Feeding Frenzy that really killed Recluse. Which makes it weird that Bungie feels the need to redesign their entire game to get rid of it.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
smgs suck rear end in cruicible meta atm

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Ruinous Effigy rekindled my enjoyment of the game. It’s really fun to use with Sin and devour.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Unormal posted:

smgs suck rear end in cruicible meta atm

I thought Ikelos was decent if you get the range stats high enough.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Arkage posted:

I thought Ikelos was decent if you get the range stats high enough.

Ikelos smg can get the pre nerf ricochet rounds perk, but the problem with smgs is that 600 and 900 autos do everything they do, better, at any range, with more stability

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Pirate Jet posted:

I’m pretty sure it’s the nerf to Feeding Frenzy that really killed Recluse. Which makes it weird that Bungie feels the need to redesign their entire game to get rid of it.

Nah, it was the nerf to Master of Arms. FF was icing on the cake but that nerf was not for Recluse, it was for FF on literally every other gun.

Recluse shares a similar effective range to Shotguns (it's a bit longer than shotguns, but not by too much). Recluse was absurd in that it could kill a shotgunner by getting "headshots" anywhere on the body when MoA was up. Now, the recluse user has to stay on the head which is significantly harder when the shotgunner is power sliding, jittering due to netcode, and assorted other absurdities when two players are near each other. Also, Felwinter's is a far more reliable shotgun than any other shotgun used before, which helps the shotgun side of that matchup.

So, why get close when you can use Gnawing Hunger or Suros? You keep your close range effectiveness and gain far more range.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ikelos smg can get the pre nerf ricochet rounds perk, but the problem with smgs is that 600 and 900 autos do everything they do, better, at any range, with more stability

Having a lot of fun with Ikelos and Cold Front right now with Peacekeepers simply cause you dominate ARs at close range but far enough that they will die if they switch to shotguns.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Eej posted:

Having a lot of fun with Ikelos and Cold Front right now with Peacekeepers simply cause you dominate ARs at close range but far enough that they will die if they switch to shotguns.

I like Antiope/Ikelos

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold
Just did a Levi run with a PUG, actually went pretty smooth.

Then tried SotP, took long to find a group and half who joined weren't talking on mics/listening. Fell apart and created another LFG on bungo and literally no bites for 5 minutes. Seems like not many doing that raid beyond grinding the boss CP for anarchy.

It's almost like if there were a robust MM tool in-game for this Raid that mandated mic use, I would've had a better time than waiting in-raid with baited breath with absolutely no indication of interest levels or possible wait times or wondering if I should bother to repost since my listing is lower down the webpage after a few minutes :D

Arkage fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 13, 2020

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I’m fine with there not being matchmaking for raids but the lack of an in-game party finder is inexcusable.

I think we can all agree that guided games were an abject failure of a system.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Started playing again because I hate myself.

I... actually like the sendoff the deleted planets are receiving.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Arkage posted:

Just did a Levi run with a PUG, actually went pretty smooth.

Then tried SotP, took long to find a group and half who joined weren't talking on mics/listening. Fell apart and created another LFG on bungo and literally no bites for 5 minutes. Seems like not many doing that raid beyond grinding the boss CP for anarchy.

It's almost like if there were a robust MM tool in-game for this Raid that mandated mic use, I would've had a better time than waiting in-raid with baited breath with absolutely no indication of interest levels or possible wait times or wondering if I should bother to repost since my listing is lower down the webpage after a few minutes :D

a) 5 minutes is not a long time to get a raid group together. yes you should repost it every once in a while

b) just because someone has a mic plugged in doesn't mean they'll talk... or speak the same language as you. at least with discord you can vet people before starting the raid

c) If you were one person, looking for 5, that's generally very low interest. People usually prefer to join groups that are already nearly full. Also postings that have snagged a chat channel and post their join code go faster than postings that want you to dm the host, usually.

I'm just saying, I don't know what you want, really? If you want the ability to vet people, or give requirements and whatnot, then discord and the lfg apps already have that, if you make use of it. Would it be nice to have in-game? Sure, but your experience wouldn't actually be changed.

If you want "press button, find people" you're in for a very rough time. I've done... many, many raids out of the discord and lfg groups. If they fall apart, it's because of people being assholes, which is surprisingly rare. However, my experience with guided games, which is matchmaking but only for 1-2 people, has been universally terrible, because of people either not communicating (for whatever reason) or not knowing the raid.

Matchmaking for something like a raid would also probably have penalties for quitting, like in guided games, gambit, comp, etc. so if you do get a bad group, you're locked in with them far more than a manual lfg group.

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

Mazerunner posted:

a) 5 minutes is not a long time to get a raid group together. yes you should repost it every once in a while

b) just because someone has a mic plugged in doesn't mean they'll talk... or speak the same language as you. at least with discord you can vet people before starting the raid

c) If you were one person, looking for 5, that's generally very low interest. People usually prefer to join groups that are already nearly full. Also postings that have snagged a chat channel and post their join code go faster than postings that want you to dm the host, usually.

I'm just saying, I don't know what you want, really? If you want the ability to vet people, or give requirements and whatnot, then discord and the lfg apps already have that, if you make use of it. Would it be nice to have in-game? Sure, but your experience wouldn't actually be changed.

If you want "press button, find people" you're in for a very rough time. I've done... many, many raids out of the discord and lfg groups. If they fall apart, it's because of people being assholes, which is surprisingly rare. However, my experience with guided games, which is matchmaking but only for 1-2 people, has been universally terrible, because of people either not communicating (for whatever reason) or not knowing the raid.

Matchmaking for something like a raid would also probably have penalties for quitting, like in guided games, gambit, comp, etc. so if you do get a bad group, you're locked in with them far more than a manual lfg group.

a) pointless tediousness that MM would solve
b) Bungie could literally make them say a phrase to confirm working mic before loading into MM. why is this so difficult for people to wrap their mind around?
c) I'm on steam, join codes are automatically in the postings

I want MM. Not that hard to figure out. Bungie could track raid completions, sherpas, newbies, and create a robust and functional MM system. Instead they get legions of people like yourself constantly defending their intentional laziness.

Arkage fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 14, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Bungie will solve this problem once and for all by doing a "Raid Matchmaking Weekend"

It will live on in infamy for the rest of time

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1282818009485111296

:cripes:

The Heavy Hitters triumph is also still broken despite them saying they fixed it

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie will solve this problem once and for all by doing a "Raid Matchmaking Weekend"

It will live on in infamy for the rest of time

So the only possible MM system in your mind is one that literally does nothing other than put random people in groups. No mic confirmation. No sorting by completions/sherpa/newbs. It can't be anything other than the worst possible, laziest form of MM. I agree, that would not be good.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Arkage posted:

So the only possible MM system in your mind is one that literally does nothing other than put random people in groups. No mic confirmation. No sorting by completions/sherpa/newbs. It can't be anything other than the worst possible, laziest form of MM. I agree, that would not be good.

No, not at all. I am just confident that either the best or the worst-designed system in the world will be punted into oblivion by the players themselves!

Arkage
Aug 10, 2008

Things fall apart;
the centre cannot hold

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No, not at all. I am just confident that either the best or the worst-designed system in the world will be punted into oblivion by the players themselves!

I ran that smooth Levi PUG with a 12 year old who made jokes about pooping his pants.

New raid marketing tag line: "So easy, a 12 year old making poop jokes can do it!"

Arkage fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 14, 2020

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1282818009485111296

:cripes:

The Heavy Hitters triumph is also still broken despite them saying they fixed it

Joke’s on them, the contender’s shell never dropped for me

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Fly Molo posted:

Joke’s on them, the contender’s shell never dropped for me

It’s a guaranteed drop for completing Leviathan at all now. So people were putting it on and running Dogs/Garden/whatever you call it repeatedly because it’s the fastest encounter and there’s a fairly easy out-of-bounds skip you can use to get to it immediately. The perk they disabled grants a chance to earn Bright Engrams, or whatever they’re called this season, alongside regular rewards from the raid so Bungie is yet again immediately fixing an exploit that gives players cool things while leaving the ones that make the game less fun untouched.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
What is the deal with heavy hitters anyway, its still 1/3 for me

Ham
Apr 30, 2009

You're BALD!

Pirate Jet posted:

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They fixed it (for some)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pirate Jet posted:

It’s a guaranteed drop for completing Leviathan at all now. So people were putting it on and running Dogs/Garden/whatever you call it repeatedly because it’s the fastest encounter and there’s a fairly easy out-of-bounds skip you can use to get to it immediately. The perk they disabled grants a chance to earn Bright Engrams, or whatever they’re called this season, alongside regular rewards from the raid so Bungie is yet again immediately fixing an exploit that gives players cool things while leaving the ones that make the game less fun untouched.

ehhhh bright engrams suck now tho. Back when they gave bright dust for dismantling, that was a great shell. Now, not so much.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

did you do this week's boss yet? it's not retroactive

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Love getting a season 4 blue ship skin and three bad shaders from every bright engram

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm so sick of people sand bagging raid match making discussions. All bungie has to do is implement a raid percentage completion algorithm to only match other players that have reached the same checkpoints as everyone and add a voice activated captcha. Wtf is bungie doing my gf could probably code that poo poo.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

did you do this week's boss yet? it's not retroactive

I’ve done it every week since the season started and I’m only at 1/3.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

I’ve done it every week since the season started and I’m only at 1/3.

yes, it was bugged until last week, except last week's boss was the one that was showing up

so you have to do this week's and next week's

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

el B posted:

Wtf is bungie doing my gf could probably code that poo poo.
Dahbadu alt account spotted :siren:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Elysiume posted:

Love getting a season 4 blue ship skin and three bad shaders from every bright engram

Hah jokes on you.

I think I already have all the season 4 blue ships and terrible shaders from all the past seasons' free engrams :suicide:

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jul 15, 2020

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

DancingShade posted:

Hah jokes on you.

I think I already have all the season 4 blue ships and terrible shaders from all the past seasons' free engrams :suicide:

Oddly, I’ve actual gotten 3 shaders from engrams that I didn’t already have this season. But yeah, mostly Lilac Bombast and lovely projections.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Lowkey weirdly happy I can display my season rank on my flair now

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wish they'd bring back sparrow horns from D1. Having a badass hoverbike with a clown nose honk was never not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I wish they'd bring back sparrow horns from D1. Having a badass hoverbike with a clown nose honk was never not funny.

yeah it's one of the most requested things, but i vaguely remember a weirdly aggressive response from some bungie guy about how they're never bringing them back