Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The friggin Apaches lived in the south west for crying out loud. It would be so incredibly dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Could be one of these? They don't exactly roll off the tongue either

quote:

The United States Capital is surrounded by just over a dozen tribal nations that thrive along the Anacostia and Potomac River watersheds, Chesapeake Bay area, and the states of Maryland, Virginia, and Delaware. Washington D.C. sits on the ancestral lands of the Anacostans (also documented as Pamunkey Indian TribeNacotchtank), and over time neighboring the Piscataway and Pamunkey peoples.

The District of Columbia shares borders with Maryland and Virginia, and connect with lands along the Anacostia and Potomac River. These river systems and current national parks are where the Piscataway, Pamunkey, the Nentego (Nanichoke), Mattaponi, Chickahominy, Monacan, and the Powhatan cultures thrived. According to the National Park Service, the region “was rich in natural resources and supported the local native people.” After the arrival of the Europeans, just 40 years later, there were only a quarter of the original occupance. The indigenous populations were decimated by new diseases and war. Many of the surviving joined other tribes beyond the boundaries of their ancestral lands, moving further inland and encroaching or merging with larger tribes.

According to the documented arrival of John Smith and first contact with the English colonizers in the 17th century, the indigenous tribes were intricately mapped throughout the Chesapeake Bay area. Within 40 years the existing indigenous townships and Powhatan cultures were crippled by the introduction of new diseases and war. The remaining numbers of tribes were forcibly removed from their homelands, pushed further to join larger tribes like those in the northern Algonquian speaking nations. Remaining tribes were sold into slavery in the Caribbean Islands. According to officials at the National Museum of the American Indian, there is no living Nacotchtank lineage left. Their numbers were decimated, and survivors were adopted into the Piscataway people, losing their original identity and descendancy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The friggin Apaches lived in the south west for crying out loud. It would be so incredibly dumb.

No its a helicopter

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The idea is that according to that article it'll be something that sucks off the military and also has Native American...something. Technically Warriors would sort of work. Washington Wounded Warriors.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

kiimo posted:

Washington Apaches sounds bad. Like, phonetically

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Apache are also from the southwest so that would be loving stupid.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

No its a helicopter

I knew that would be the rhetoric if that's what they chose of course (which is so not happening), but this comment made me look up this list.

I'm partial to the Washington Cobra or the Washington Venom, both of which seem to represent Dan Snyder well.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They are dumb as loving poo poo if they go with yet another Native American themed name.

...yes? Did we forget who we are talking about here?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
One real sad thing for me is that we'll always be 3-3 against the Washington R team. God drat it. This never should have happened.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I knew that would be the rhetoric if that's what they chose of course (which is so not happening), but this comment made me look up this list.

I'm partial to the Washington Cobra or the Washington Venom, both of which seem to represent Dan Snyder well.

Washington Black Hawks

just to troll Chicago

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

One real sad thing for me is that we'll always be 3-3 against the Washington R team. God drat it. This never should have happened.

We had to lose to win. It's like Jesus dying on the cross to save mankind.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The logo will be a big linux server rack.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Red Tails

Hail to the Tail

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Guess Reek can only beat his own kid

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1282747368136376326

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

You don't see the clip where they are in full pads and Hill just merks him by targeting his head

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So yesterday I was prepping a new computer for a girl at my office, and I asked her for her password. It has the Chargers' name in it and I asked her about that, she's originally from SD and laments their move to LA. We joked a little and got on with our days.

Today I brought over the PC and saw that she's out, in fact until next Tuesday. So I set her a nice surprise for her first login to the new machine:

Yeah I thought about doing the all mouths version but I decided not to get too weird.

Set up a new laptop for this girl since she's moving to New Orleans. Decided to get weird:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Washington Patriots

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

GiP called it, it's going to be the Apaches

Washington Windtalkers. Just watch.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Set up a new laptop for this girl since she's moving to New Orleans. Decided to get weird:

:stonk:

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Dinosaurs! posted:

Washington Windtalkers. Just watch.

Washington Whoopers

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

This is weird and not funny fyi

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Phobeste posted:

Yes, I’m sure it was a random stranger being harassed and not a buddy having them help with their laptop

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Should have it rotate backgrounds every few minutes and the images it rotates between are just that wallpaper with 1 of the faces swapped.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Washington Warthogs would be perfect.

-rolls off the tough with the alliteration
-military reference
-references "hogs" a term long associated with the team and it's fans

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Totally forgot he went to Seattle.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1282764483216236547?s=20

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What about the Washington trademarks

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Too bad you couldn't use the gif version

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yes, I’m sure it was a random stranger being harassed and not a buddy having them help with their laptop

Oh there's that I guess but mostly it's just weird and not funny, op

Its Rinaldo posted:

Now THIS is podracing

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Its Rinaldo posted:

I‘m not sure if I hadn’t seen this version before, or it has simply been years.

Either way, exquisite.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Phobeste posted:

why are you ruining the fun of tittiekisser69

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

She thought the original wallpaper was hilarious and she's kept it ever since. I think she will enjoy this update.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kiimo posted:

Washington Apaches sounds bad. Like, phonetically

What else will sound bad is the stadium yelling a-hunga-hunga-hunga-hunga because they inexplicably start playing Apache at the start of the fourth quarter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I miss Philip Rivers

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

I miss Philip Rivers

Become a colts fan and you won't have to miss him

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Rivers is a Colt now?

I really haven't been paying attention to football recently.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"Our sponsors, fans and community"

In that order

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CyberPingu posted:

Rivers is a Colt now?

I really haven't been paying attention to football recently.

Yeah. It's sort of unsettling.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

"Our sponsors, fans and community"

In that order

The second and third have tried to get Snyder to change the name for years. The first is the only group with the power to do so.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

Become a colts fan and you won't have to miss him

I will root for the Colts when it does not affect the Chargers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every safety from last season, aka Mason Rudolph's highlight package:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1282804499136929792