Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay can you walk me through that? And for sake of argument, let’s say they’re both JOATs. Why is Spoonsy the scum JOAT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

If I were taste I would be saying something super snarky to taste right now

haw

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I know you think Hal is not a JOAT, I get that, but it’s hard for me to account for the N1 shift in his behavior otherwise, so I’m tryna see if that piece can fit in and him still be scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Okay can you walk me through that? And for sake of argument, let’s say they’re both JOATs. Why is Spoonsy the scum JOAT?

Hal has operated on the fringes all game and come up with an incredibly convenient claim upon the very first instance of pressure. That’s scum.txt

If both players are indeed joats, and you want me to say that Hal *isn’t* scum but spoonsy is, I suppose it would be for the reasons I already distrust spoonsy. But I don’t think they’re both joats and indeed might both be scum!

I’ve had a pet theory that spoonsy is a survivor but that’s just gut

That’s the spirit, now participate with content

Sandwolf posted:

I know you think Hal is not a JOAT, I get that, but it’s hard for me to account for the N1 shift in his behavior otherwise, so I’m tryna see if that piece can fit in and him still be scum.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to ask “if X was scum why would they drop heat on one player and go elsewhere.” It assumes that scum play perfectly and consistently

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
How does conversation never occur about DBD, the guy with the obvious links to our only flipped scum who tried to explain it away as a death Miller?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

That’s the spirit, now participate with content
Do you think I'm scum? I don't have the impression that you actually do. If you don't, how do you justify that as town cop antagonizing me so that I will believe none of your announced night actions and possibly tunnel is pro-town play?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Do you think I'm scum? I don't have the impression that you actually do. If you don't, how do you justify that as town cop antagonizing me so that I will believe none of your announced night actions and possibly tunnel is pro-town play?

I honestly don’t know because you haven’t done much of anything over the past two days

It’s difficult to discern without a foundation of content

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

How does conversation never occur about DBD, the guy with the obvious links to our only flipped scum who tried to explain it away as a death Miller?

I don’t buy the claim that links him, personally

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm a reverse death miller.

Your turn.

Starting a reread. This was joke phase, but what if?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

caw caw, it's the bird mail!

what's this? a message from the aviary? but, gosh, it seems to be all kinds of jumbled up! can YOU help the night witches solve this riddle?

you'll need the right key or two to solve this puzzle.

Just noticing for the first time the sigil on the coins / under Toke's desk is in the upper left of this image. But there are three other sigils we haven't seen yet elsewhere in the other corners.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sub Rosa posted:

Just noticing for the first time the sigil on the coins / under Toke's desk is in the upper left of this image. But there are three other sigils we haven't seen yet elsewhere in the other corners.

The two on the right seem to be identical I think?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

t a s t e posted:

I don’t buy the claim that links him, personally

Spoonsy claim? Or another claim...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Spoonsy claim? Or another claim...

Yes

SR I want to positively acknowledge your reread, but I’d ask that rather than just noticing facts and identifying them you’d assign an interpretation

Saying “ah, here’s a death Miller ref, what if...” doesn’t do much

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Token Female posted:

I’ve given this idea a significant amount of thought, and I would like to make a rather odd proposal. I am proposing voting me out today (day 1). I am town, but I think that it would be a gain for the town overall if I was voted out. My role being removed from the game, specifically on day 1 and specifically how I am inclined to play the role if I were to live, would enable the roles of a few other people who are most likely to be town. Essentially, without giving too much away about my role and other people’s roles, I see my role (and how I would play it) as getting in the way of and hindering other town roles. The circumstances of my role could and will likely change as the game goes on, but as it currently stands, I think that it would be a net-positive for the town to vote me out.
I still don't understand this play if Tokes was Vanilla Town and had no extra standing in the NK Masonry above the other people in the NK Masonry. I end up feeling there is something about the Masonry that still is unknown or unannounced. I don't believe that DGK is still the person submitting names, and so I'm wondering what Solus knows and isn't telling. Very worried Solus could be scum and invited scum to the NK Masonry. But I have mostly had a town read on Solus, and the one time I didn't and pressed, Solus' reaction seemed authentic to me. Something about publicly asking the person invited to the masonry not to reveal that does give a feeling they don't also share another masonry like scum chat, though, I guess. Still worried the NK Masonry will kill more town and we could end up not knowing who else is pulling the trigger.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

The two on the right seem to be identical I think?

Oh, good catch actually, I missed that.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Taste, sorry for confusion, I meant to say if Hal is the scum JOAT. Your answer was still pretty suitable though.

Regarding Hal’s N1 switch: I agree we shouldn’t assume scum play perfectly, but there would have been no reason for Hal to flip like that. He deliberately did not point to anything I did as reasoning for being Town. Now Hal could still be a scum JOAT, he could have even targeted me N1, but for him to drop pressure so suddenly and completely, feels like a town movie I think.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

@Solus, you said for new masonry member NOT to claim who they are cuz you have ~questions~. Do you mind clarifying what you mean by questions? Cuz otherwise I’m gonna start demanding we are told who you brought in.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rosa, are you the one submitting names?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I ask that as The Person keeps submitting me as the option, and we know that Amni has a verifiable role

If not dgk, then who?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I don’t think ‘a small boon’ would be the ability to constantly provide a masonry with NK targets.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Rosa, are you the one submitting names?

While I surely would have submitted your name, I am not.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

While I surely would have submitted your name, I am not.

If I’m to treat this as true, I think DGK *has* to be the one submitting. Everyone else either chose not to vote me during the day or has a verifiable night action

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

I don’t think ‘a small boon’ would be the ability to constantly provide a masonry with NK targets.

I don’t disagree. I think DGK is lying

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

I don’t disagree. I think DGK is lying

Wait what? I don’t think these two sentences flow. You don’t disagree that submitting NK names is GREATER than ‘a small boon,’ so you think DGK got another boon and his primary power is then submitting?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

If I’m to treat this as true, I think DGK *has* to be the one submitting. Everyone else either chose not to vote me during the day or has a verifiable night action

What does the verifiable night action part have to do with anything? DGK said that names were submitted during the day on D1.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

What does the verifiable night action part have to do with anything? DGK said that names were submitted during the day on D1.

The masonry has claimed to receive new options

Sandwolf posted:

Wait what? I don’t think these two sentences flow. You don’t disagree that submitting NK names is GREATER than ‘a small boon,’ so you think DGK got another boon and his primary power is then submitting?

Correct

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Taste, the DBD connection to JW is d1 content, not role. yuming lays out the case if I remember correctly. I also lay one out.

We have one flipped scum and the best scummy connection to her is DBD. That’s where my vote is staying.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

Taste, the DBD connection to JW is d1 content, not role. yuming lays out the case if I remember correctly. I also lay one out.

We have one flipped scum and the best scummy connection to her is DBD. That’s where my vote is staying.

If that’s so I missed it and I’ll take a look.

I’d still argue that a bad claim from someone implicated in a cop result is a better vote today

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sandwolf posted:

@Solus, you said for new masonry member NOT to claim who they are cuz you have ~questions~. Do you mind clarifying what you mean by questions? Cuz otherwise I’m gonna start demanding we are told who you brought in.

oh, right, completely forgot about that, I've been kind of out of it, haven't really gotten sleep in the last two days, keep getting interrupted by literal bats, fuckin' house is 110 years old

the questions were for DGK and "why do you keep submitting the cop" but for some reason people believe him

ANYWAY

ironically I invited in beet, because I've had a town read on him, that now I'm leery of because of the eccocop (though I still think it's Hal, personally)

That said,

even if beet IS scum, there's not much he can do about it- inviting new members needs to be unanimous approval, and I won't entertain suggestions of inviting in new members at the moment
kills require a majority, but since there's only two members, that again also essentially requires unanimous approval from the masonry, and I'm not killing the people I have town reads on
if I get NK'd and a scum beet is left in sole control of the masonry, he can't do a NK without inducting someone else, and that takes an entire night's action, so he can't use it to kill people as scum without at least a two day delay

now let me reiterate that all of this is IF beet is scum, which I don't think he is.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

t a s t e posted:

well it's not even a claim, kinda proved it by doin' a murder on yuming

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

also, I don't believe the second extremely convenient joat claim, while I'll buy one joat claim I don't think there are two- and of the two, to me, spoonsy seems more town. Why would Hal have a track when there was an actual tracker? Spoonsy has an eccocop to taste's claimed cop.

##vote Hal

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

Why would those options be submitted at night instead during the day like the D1 option?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

I still don't understand this play if Tokes was Vanilla Town and had no extra standing in the NK Masonry above the other people in the NK Masonry. I end up feeling there is something about the Masonry that still is unknown or unannounced. I don't believe that DGK is still the person submitting names, and so I'm wondering what Solus knows and isn't telling. Very worried Solus could be scum and invited scum to the NK Masonry. But I have mostly had a town read on Solus, and the one time I didn't and pressed, Solus' reaction seemed authentic to me. Something about publicly asking the person invited to the masonry not to reveal that does give a feeling they don't also share another masonry like scum chat, though, I guess. Still worried the NK Masonry will kill more town and we could end up not knowing who else is pulling the trigger.

Other than the name submitter, think I know everything there is to know about the masonry (and unfortunately, it doesn't come with daychat, only opens for night phase)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Why would those options be submitted at night instead during the day like the D1 option?

I don’t know. People can have regular day actions, like “submit before end of day”

I don’t want to delve too much into setup spec but we know the masonry gets new options and we know that someone provides them. It’s almost certainly dgk

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Spoonsy posted:

Cool. I was told that something is coming for me. So that’s really fun

Anyway one of my bag of tricks is I get to be an Ecco Cop. I get “not night witch” as a result of one or more of the three names I submit isn’t night witch aligned. I got Not Night Witch for merk, Hal, and beet.

I just want to clarify something to make 100% sure- did you get a number of how many of those are not night witch-aligned? Or was it just "one or more"?

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

If Hal is scum is he trying to implicate DBD as lying about his night action? Or somehow clear him by saying he went nowhere and providing an opportunity for DBD's tracker stuff to be more plausible?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

If Hal is scum is he trying to implicate DBD as lying about his night action? Or somehow clear him by saying he went nowhere and providing an opportunity for DBD's tracker stuff to be more plausible?

If Hal is scum he’s trying to stay alive any way he can. Outside of self clearing the next step is trying to paint an alternative, which unsurprisingly is one of the controversial players

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Other than the name submitter, think I know everything there is to know about the masonry (and unfortunately, it doesn't come with daychat, only opens for night phase)
Any insight on the other sigils on the puzzle? If they are related to your masonry?

hambeet, did you get a coin? What sigil was on it? Did it have an inscription on it?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

SolusLunes posted:

I just want to clarify something to make 100% sure- did you get a number of how many of those are not night witch-aligned? Or was it just "one or more"?

One or more. Any one of the three not being Night Witch aligned triggers the Not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Sub Rosa posted:

Any insight on the other sigils on the puzzle? If they are related to your masonry?

hambeet, did you get a coin? What sigil was on it? Did it have an inscription on it?

No, unfortunately- the only sigil I've seen so far is the same you've seen on the flips. I suspect one of them might have been for pera as a 3p from the magistocratic council? Could've been what was flavored on her magic tv screen that burns the spy in a hilariously terrible design.