Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Heated gaming moments are what we need more of in Afghanistan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

!rifle

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Eventually all military comms will be jammed by people saying "Pog" after someone shoots something.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1283510030457884680?s=20

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
n/m

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

wow what a lame hacker. has the keys to twitter and tries to steal bitcoins. why not go directly to donald trumps account and start some poo poo

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rutibex posted:

wow what a lame hacker. has the keys to twitter and tries to steal bitcoins. why not go directly to donald trumps account and start some poo poo

nobody can ape Trump’s style, it’d be too obvious

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Searching online for kids as young as 13, isn't the SA origin story for next the TVIV mod?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Taintrunner posted:

nobody can ape Trump’s style, it’d be too obvious

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
they double how much you send them? the rich get richer smh

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

https://twitter.com/BlackwaterGamin/status/1283519739097223168

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Rutibex posted:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

This is parody, I say nervously with less and less certainty from the parody timeline

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Coolness Averted posted:

This is parody, I say nervously with less and less certainty from the parody timeline

obviously the non-parody version would be called Academi Gaming

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

God drat it imagine getting god mode on twitter and all you do with it is some half assed bitcoin scam.

Keep everyone verified locked though that was good.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
twitter didn't know how to stop the hack so they're stopping every verified account from tweeting. literally no blue check tweets to be seen at the moment.

hearing speculation that someone has figured out how to access the NSA's back door and that's what they are using. imagine using that kind of knowledge to steal some bitcoin. :hmbol:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1017506574275837953

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Nothus posted:

The future is like gattaca, but stupider.

The main political faultline of the future will be between "strict eugenicists" and "eugenicists, with some feudal privileges for the already powerful."

uber_stoat posted:

twitter didn't know how to stop the hack so they're stopping every verified account from tweeting. literally no blue check tweets to be seen at the moment.

hearing speculation that someone has figured out how to access the NSA's back door and that's what they are using. imagine using that kind of knowledge to steal some bitcoin. :hmbol:

The only hacking left in the world is stealing bitcoins. It is an extremely lame cyberpunk dystopia.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

im reminded of a book i read on stuxnet where the first tipoff that it was made by state actors was that it used so many heretofore unknown exploits there was no way it would be profitable to use them for a single scam

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

The US journalism industry heavily tying themselves to the broken bird site is looking like another dumb decision right now.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Taintrunner posted:

worse than any cyberpunk novel

"Once click enlistment. By clicking on this button you waive your statutory rights and become property of the Federation"

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nbcwashington/status/1283404718367178758

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

"Once click enlistment. By clicking on this button you waive your statutory rights and become property of the Federation"

Anyone who got a security clearance in the UK in World War II had to agree to join the military. Alan Turing (IIRC) got around it because where the paperwork said, "Do you understand that by filling out this form you will be subject to military law", he wrote "no." His clearance got rubber-stamped.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

what are subjects? what are actions? do causal relationships even exist? experts sound off

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Works as well as a normal polygraph.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In what loving way is it “electronic”? Because it has a LASER for aiming?

It uses a full‐power rifle cartridge for propulsion, so at most the electronic contribution there is for a solenoid to slam the firing pin into the primer cup.

https://youtu.be/JDWJAT4g4Sk

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

It uses a full‐power rifle cartridge for propulsion, so at most the electronic contribution there is for a solenoid to slam the firing pin into the primer cup.

It has an app that you use to fire it so you better hope you have data on your phone.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

jon bois is the only checkmark worth saving*

*maybe

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

I like how everyone in the video has their legs super close together and their arms tucked in. Wonder what that things does when someone is running, probably not work at all.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
It would probably trip a running dude, but more importantly could knock some teeth out, or break some fingers, which is how it's really gonna be used. Oh or maybe as a garrot.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Surely that can’t blind anyone!

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

cops won't use it on the legs, it will be a plausibly-deniable way to strangle people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Every ****ing day

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/bc1qxy2kgdygjrsqtzq2n0yrf2493p83kkfjhx0wlh

Easy $100k so far.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

What a fuckin dumbass. Could've made so much more money

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

bike tory posted:

What a fuckin dumbass. Could've made so much more money

You use that poo poo to tweet from military people or politicians, dig up blackmail information on politicians, or whatever, and nobody will stop looking for you until they loving find you.

You use it to steal an easy hundred thousand bucks from a bunch of bitcoin-addled idiots, the authorities will write it off as "Eastern European hackers" and won't ever bother. Greedy criminals get caught.

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Can't wait till someone does that again and instead of a lame bitcoin heist tweets from Trump's account about launching nuclear missiles at North Korea / China. Cause of the end of civilisation: blue bird meme site

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

You use that poo poo to tweet from military people or politicians, dig up blackmail information on politicians, or whatever, and nobody will stop looking for you until they loving find you.

You use it to steal an easy hundred thousand bucks from a bunch of bitcoin-addled idiots, the authorities will write it off as "Eastern European hackers" and won't ever bother. Greedy criminals get caught.

Nah just keep it a bit more low-key so there aren't immediately news stories going around the world about how high profile Twitter accounts have been getting hacked by a buttcoin scammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ozza posted:

Can't wait till someone does that again and instead of a lame bitcoin heist tweets from Trump's account about launching nuclear missiles at North Korea / China. Cause of the end of civilisation: blue bird meme site

Twitter... good?