Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Wasn't the NK masonry. Body wasn't burnt / doubtful arsonist can kill N1 so not pera. So who? Town Vig that still hasn't claimed?

My pet theory is that there’s another threep in the mix, but again, that’s spec. There could also easily be a ninja killer on the scumteam even if spoonsy was telling the truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Actually a ninja would make a lot of sense if there really are like 5 watchers/trackers

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
And I'm just going to put it out there since I've already incurred the wrath of merk the entire game, merk being alive late in games is always weird especially when there's no reason to keep him alive (as in, him being good at mafia and thus a good target to take out) if he's not catching a lot of unjust heat, which I don't think he's taken much heat at all this game. The only people that have poked at him this game I think have been me and Sandwolf unless I've missed more.

I can't read him this game though because the last game he did the same stuff to me and we both flipped town, but just putting it out there if we're on the topic of Ecco Cop stuff. I think Hal/merk are neck and neck as who are most likely to flip and then hambeet.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

N1 I guarded merk

N2 I guarded spoonsy

For a moment I thought NGO was possibly the roll blocker. Because N2 Spoonsy was guarded and RBed. N3 DGK was guarded and RBed.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DBD, you said that you inherit the current state of people. So if you copied a JOAT you would be able to only use abilities they haven't used yet. Do you also copy the one-shot bulletproof if NGO is still bulletproof?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I have a case on DBD. I have a case on hambeet. I would vote either.

I believe Taste is town. I thought NGO was genuine at the end of the day yesterday.

The continued story that I am not making cases is fake and an attempt to discredit a good vote on scum DBD here.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

DBD, you said that you inherit the current state of people. So if you copied a JOAT you would be able to only use abilities they haven't used yet. Do you also copy the one-shot bulletproof if NGO is still bulletproof?

It's not a question I can ask premptively for anybody obviously to Somb but my bodyguard I got last night does not say anything about having a bulletproof.

I'd rather not do a lot of mod spec stuff but I assume I take the essence of the role (IE: Doctor, Bodyguard, Vig, Inventor) and if there's any weird passive/extras someone can do, I don't think I would be privy to that and that would be a broken as gently caress rolecop.

Like, I can legit not use the bodyguard tonight and visit you and tell you your role if you don't believe me tonight. I'm that serious about confirming myself if you doubt me since I feel the best about you, DGK and Sand after Solus/NGO (at least as far as role).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

I believe Taste is town. I thought NGO was genuine at the end of the day yesterday.

The continued story that I am not making cases is fake and an attempt to discredit a good vote on scum DBD here.

Can you give an opinion on Hal?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

These are your last two pages of all your votes:

merk posted:

DBD, hunt some scum instead of whatever this stuff is please.

##vote DBD

merk posted:

The pera case, for me, isn’t based on JX being scum at all. If we think another day gets clarity to whatever this issue is, I can focus on that case. ##vote pera

merk posted:

##vote DBD

merk posted:

Oh ok. ##vote Pera

merk posted:

##vote DBD

merk posted:

DBD said he'd be down with NGO. I think a couple other people said the same? Is NGO the scum buddy that scum put in their 'would lynch' list but never vote? Let's try.

##vote NGO

merk posted:

##vote NGO

merk posted:

##vote hambeet

Almost all of his content is reactionary. There isn’t any original work being done besides the NGO case which looks good on its face but really is just low hanging fruit when you read it.

merk posted:

##vote tokes

merk posted:

##vote token just in case

merk posted:

##vote DBD

Spent d2 talking about death millers and busdrivers to explain away him targeting a kill and his interactions with our only flipped scum.

Starts today saying Hal’s claim is wrong and reminding us of busdrivers and redirectors.

Let’s actually lynch the scum right in front of us. Thanks.

You literally vote anyone who has a pulse who has heat coming their way. Most of your "cases" are small quips and things you find inherently wrong with them (ie: my content in regards to Jen X)

You're skating by on mafia reputation and claiming you're playing a sincere game when I don't think you are.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Anyway, taking a break from the thread until later since I've been around the last few hours. I don't think I'll move my vote off of anyone but one of Spoonsy/merk/Hal/hambeet today unless there's something compelling that we missed. I'm not scum. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Hal Incandenza (3): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Deadbeat Dad (3): Hal Incandenza, merk, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa
Sandwolf (1): Amnistar
SolusLunes (1): DGK2000
Spoonsy (1): Sandwolf
DGK2000 (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
t a s t e (0): Sub Rosa, Amnistar, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Not Voting (3): Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, Sub Rosa

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Deadbeat Dad posted:

These are your last two pages of all your votes:

You literally vote anyone who has a pulse who has heat coming their way. Most of your "cases" are small quips and things you find inherently wrong with them (ie: my content in regards to Jen X)

You're skating by on mafia reputation and claiming you're playing a sincere game when I don't think you are.

I absolutely agree with you in regards to Merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

Can you give an opinion on Hal?

Unsure. He’s kind of coasting and the claim was very timely, but why claim a Track result that gets contradicted unless you’re scum with that player. That is, Hal and DBD both being scum is a good gambit if that’s their play here.

Scum JOAT with a gunsmith makes sense too.

I’ll read Hal.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Strange request, I'm not inclined to comply

I think I'll ##vote JenX for now

I don't agree a whole lot with sandwolf, didn't think he was scummy at first but merks points are decent

I would vote SubRosa too

If this is distancing, it’s weird that he’d add a “for now” to it and not even really explain the vote. Usually scum players don’t put in weasel language on other scum and somewhat naked distancing votes don’t feel very common to me.

Hal doesn’t ever revisit this later in the day though and it did come when there was minor JX heat (little risk).

I don’t know. With the phrasing, I don’t see this as a distance on JX.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
JX had zero votes when Hal made that vote. The heat was gone. That’s a weird time to distance from a buddy I think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think Hal’s claim all but confirms Sandwolf for what it’s worth. If scum, you don’t fakeclaim a gunsmith result as negative on a scum buddy. If town, you don’t fakeclaim a gunsmith result at all unless you’re Mr. Steak.

There could be a scum role that would hit negative on a gunsmith result, but I feel like that’s unlikely.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
There’s WIFOM that you would fake that result scum to scum as kind of a Sophie’s Choice like I theorized with Hal/DBD I guess.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Where is hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

did you miss me?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

DBD + Hambeet + Taste team

that's it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Sorry, that was a result of me and time zones. I wanted to get this info out into the game before going to sleep.

For context - my original list was Merk, Yuming, and Sub. Then Yuming turns up dead and I felt better about Sub over the course of yesterday.

I kept Merk as I wasn't sure what he was really doing in this game as I've seen him aggressively case people left right and center as town and he wasn't doing that (though his reason for not being around today probably explains all of that and we probably shouldn't lunch him today just out of common courtesy? I don't know the rules for that.

For you, something just feels off about your posting style. I know a lot of it might have to do with time zone, but I wanted to check you out. I was really hoping that I'd come back with NIGHT WITCH for the three of you and I could report that we had a quarter of the town (third if you want to include me) that you could write as town votes.

And then there's Hal. Real talk - I included Hal as I wanted someone who wasn't part of the Tokes lunch (minus you), and the other two people I can confirm at least did in fact role block and send me an item. So that left Hal. I did not at that time guess that he would be/claim to be a second JOAT. And I'm not going to lie - I have a tough time believing there are two JOATs in a boat...er..game without one of them being scum.

I still don't like taste, and my DBD paranoia is receding. I'm not good on Hal either, but not enough to vote yet.

That being said, I really do feel it should be 1 of the 3. 33% odds are better than 8.33% odds (12 people left)

hmm okay that's vibes with me. thank you for responding.

i must admit, i'm pretty surprised at how cool both you and hal have been to claiming the same role. not similar roles. the same. yeah yeah your powers are maybe different. i guess, it's not out of the realm of possibility, but i guess considering you claimed first i'm pretty interested that hal sat on his claim for a bit and didn't raise it. he has obviously claimed it eventually, but did so without fanfare (about their being 2nd joat) so it makes me think he's spent a lot of time thinking about how his claim would be received.

also having a hider power for a town joat seems super weird.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Congratulations Daddy merk!!

I think I’d prefer to cut this Gordian knot by killing Spoonsy.

Solus you are tunneling, at least on this point. Having no evidence to the contrary is not the same as evidence for.

why does killing spoonsy solve this knot? do you not believe the results?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh right hal is probably also scum

is it possible that I'm the only town left and sombererero is just keeping this game going for the ha-has?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh poo poo

there are three houses right?

could there be two scum teams!!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I guarded DGK last night, successfully.

huh. well good job. keep it up!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

You seem fixated on people thinking you’re scummy this game, merk. More of your posts are about that than making cases.

:hmmyes:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i think i'm coming around on merk. i don't think he's being as laid back as i first thought.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and it's interesting to see that both hal and merk are not voting for me or for each other. they're onto a completely different target outside of the three ecco copped players.

hmmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so looking along that thread i also find it interesting that outside of day 1, merk doesn't engage with hal or even mention him until today. the closest to it is to say he agrees with ngo's terrible hal case, but never mentions it again (this one)

even more super duper interesting is that hal has only engaged with merk twice in the whole game (before today). once on day 1 where he questions sub rosa on their vote for merk:

Hal Incandenza posted:

So you are saying merks recent bout of effort posting is flailing? In what way?

and then yesterday asking if merk would vote spoonsy instead.

hmmmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well that's a lie. hal didn't engage with merk on day 1 at all, really. just some slight defending maybe?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Either way, it delays my flip for a day. I’m not down with that.

amni did merk past your test?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk merk

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

If this is distancing, it’s weird that he’d add a “for now” to it and not even really explain the vote. Usually scum players don’t put in weasel language on other scum and somewhat naked distancing votes don’t feel very common to me.

Hal doesn’t ever revisit this later in the day though and it did come when there was minor JX heat (little risk).

I don’t know. With the phrasing, I don’t see this as a distance on JX.

oh look, i haven't read today properly but here he is defending hal lol they're both scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

and it's interesting to see that both hal and merk are not voting for me or for each other. they're onto a completely different target outside of the three ecco copped players.

hmmmmm

I mean I have been pretty clear since Spoonsy claimed joat that I thought he was a scum JOAT so why would I feel like I need to vote for one of the ecco-copped players over a person who I have a result on that says they lied?

Also I was not very cool with spoosny also being a JOAT, where are you getting that from? Again, I said yesterday that I thought he was scum joat and he was my second choice after NGO yesterday, so not sure where you are thinking I had no issue with the double JOAT thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

hambeet posted:

oh look, i haven't read today properly but here he is defending hal lol they're both scum

What do you think of that Hal post on JX?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

merk posted:

What do you think of that Hal post on JX?

I don’t see it as decisive as you do. Low-risk bussing is how some players prefer it, whether or not that’s what that is

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

t a s t e posted:

I don’t see it as decisive as you do. Low-risk bussing is how some players prefer it, whether or not that’s what that is

To me, distancing usually has actual meat with it and doesn’t come to remind the thread that we were casing a scum buddy after heat is off.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Hal Incandenza (3): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad, SolusLunes, Spoonsy, Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Deadbeat Dad (3): Hal Incandenza, merk, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sub Rosa
Sandwolf (1): Amnistar
SolusLunes (1): DGK2000
Spoonsy (1): Sandwolf
DGK2000 (0): SolusLunes, SolusLunes
t a s t e (0): Sub Rosa, Amnistar, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Amnistar, Sub Rosa, NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Not Voting (3): Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, Sub Rosa

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 21 hours, 31 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t disagree that it’s typica but for early d1 I think the portfolio widens

Sorry to interrupt 8 hours later everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In any case Hal is scum based on today rather than d1 in my estimation