Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Has the whole book leaked yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lacrosse posted:

Because time is a giant sink and I can't remember anything beyond a week ago, can someone refresh my memory as to why Arizona got so bad so fast? Like, was there a major super spreader event that happened or is it just a combination of a huge retired population + you literally cannot be outside in summer?

Arizona is dry florida, basically.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im not going to quote it but I just wanted to say I appreciate the tweet dump posts that have blue check news updates with 5000 engagements mixed with random ppl begging their elected officials not to kill them and their family.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Seems easy for Arizonas hospitalizations to flatten when they are literally out of space

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FAUXTON posted:

Arizona is dry florida, basically.

This. It's full of inbred northeastern-fleeing boomer retirees OPEN ER UP ITS FAKE chuds and garbage FYGM tract-housing sprawl as far as the eye can see and everything just hopping from one air conditioned bubbles to another and its fake anyways

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

MorrisBae posted:

Has the whole book leaked yet

it's already out. sold 950K copies in its first day
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1283798966212206592

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

im not going to quote it but I just wanted to say I appreciate the tweet dump posts that have blue check news updates with 5000 engagements mixed with random ppl begging their elected officials not to kill them and their family.

where do these folks think those posts go?

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Wrex Ruckus posted:

Had a doctor's appointment today, when they were taking vitals and such they said "ok this is something we're asking everyone but have you been having feelings of hopelessness lately?"

I didn't want to explain cracking and pinging in detail so I just said "no more than usual" and they seemed satisfied with that answer lol

"yes, I listen to the news for more than 2 minutes a day"

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

lmao

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mayor Dave posted:

According to schnorkles who actually works in the pharma space the moderna trial is strictly a pump and dump with almost no chance of feasibility

https://twitter.com/Schnorkles/status/1283790243540299776?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndyBiotech/status/1283369185721159681?s=19

There's also the fact Moderna executives and the CEO have been doing massive insider trading and dumping shares big time recently lol

but people are stupid and biotech is 100% the primo textbook example of pump-n-dump gambling. it's extremely textbook because there is that very slight chance at striking gold but usually it all goes bust and theres a bazillion nigh-penny stock biotech out there so you can dump a lot of money and hope it blows up, but usually implodes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I really should look into refinancing my mortgage.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Dolphin posted:

gently caress it. I'm rooting for the virus.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Xaris posted:

This. It's full of inbred northeastern-fleeing boomer retirees OPEN ER UP ITS FAKE chuds and garbage FYGM tract-housing sprawl as far as the eye can see and everything just hopping from one air conditioned bubbles to another and its fake anyways

like anyone who heard/saw jan brewer talk for even a fraction of a second knows how much like florida arizona is/has been for a long time. Florida's not lilyassed enough for them so they infested arizona instead and it's all fuckers who look like mike pence's family

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

every other place is filled with ITS A HOAX! MUH FREEDOMS! ITS RIOT/LOOTERS WHO ARE SPREADING THIS BUT THE FAKE NEWS DOESNT WANT TO BRING IT UP AND HURT THEIR FEE FEES. BREATHING UR OWN CARBON MONOXIDE IS UNHEALTHY

its absolutely insane

basically that one chad video but everyone writ large
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q3PSISAZL8

ironically reddit seems to actually have their heads screwed on reasonably well for being reddit

Huntington Beach is a chud hive and epicenter of white supremacist groups in Orange County. Like actual surf nazis. Its not at all surprising that they were one of the early epicenters of Covid in the OC.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
outdoor tents, in summer, in Texas. yeah buddy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

outdoor classes in Houston, sounds great

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

love to worry about sushi availability when living in a desert

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Mayor Dave posted:

According to schnorkles who actually works in the pharma space the moderna trial is strictly a pump and dump with almost no chance of feasibility

https://twitter.com/Schnorkles/status/1283790243540299776?s=19

https://twitter.com/AndyBiotech/status/1283369185721159681?s=19

lmao, this is the one Trump is going to roll-out to much fanfare after Fauci and everyone else has been saying "we feel that 80% 70% 50% effectiveness is adequate"

tl;dr get the Chinese vaccine, if you can.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Strong Sauce posted:

Glad everyone gave a shitload more money to a Trump just so that they can once again confirm to themselves that the orange man is bad.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

TMMadman posted:

I really should look into refinancing my mortgage.

There was a story a week or so ago about banks not letting people refinance unless they had hundreds of thousands of dollars in accounts at those banks lol

Ah here you go: https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/07/09...From%20%251%24s

It is 1 million dollars but for new customers who want jumbo mortgages

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

FAUXTON posted:

like anyone who heard/saw jan brewer talk for even a fraction of a second knows how much like florida arizona is/has been for a long time. Florida's not lilyassed enough for them so they infested arizona instead and it's all fuckers who look like mike pence's family

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

Huntington Beach is a chud hive and epicenter of white supremacist groups in Orange County. Like actual surf nazis. Its not at all surprising that they were one of the early epicenters of Covid in the OC.

Yeah it's still extremely loving disheartening though being in the state, but I guess not too surprising given its the OC.

is there a particular reason its fiilled with surf nazis? im guessing white flight out of LA proper in the post-war period because muh crime and evil rodney king LOOTERS

Xaris has issued a correction as of 19:00 on Jul 16, 2020

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
What kind of fish looks like that?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Please remember to bring your own chairs.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:
https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1283811216666886145

Let's just keep kicking the can down the road for a few more weeks and see how that goes

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

North San Diego County is home to some hardcore nazis too. liberate everything from Laguna Niguel down imo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mummy Xzibit posted:

California's recall attempt shouldn't be taken seriously, at all.

it should because killing gavbot’s presidential dreams to elect arnold 2.0 would own

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

A Bakers Cousin posted:

That's your standard poorly cut tuna with too much wasabi nigiri. Definitely worth dying for.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

sushi is always frozen, unless you live like next to where boats come in

sushi restaurants jn Japan are always incredibly proud of their super efficient and cold freezers

the fish is put on ice the second it’s caught for gently caress’s sake

you can get good sushi anywhere refrigeration exists, if you pay for it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I refuse to believe Harrison Ford just died

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cause he's alive and well and all

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A Bakers Cousin posted:

From the colour I'd say it's just regular tuna. I've no idea why it looks like it's been machine-tooled.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

i am harry posted:

Please remember to bring your own chairs.

gently caress that I'm bringing a picnic to class. And my own privacy tent.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Strong Sauce posted:

buying a book as a coffee table decoration / cocktail party conversation piece to own the cons

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

snake and bake posted:

https://twitter.com/MiamiHerald/status/1283811216666886145

Let's just keep kicking the can down the road for a few more weeks and see how that goes

tests are already a week or more delayed so maybe just do it now dipshits

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dolphin posted:

cause he's alive and well and all

Goddamn he can't even take acting dead seriously

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

that's not sushi, it's just non-covid lungs, arizonans are just confused because they haven't seen them in a while

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Lacrosse posted:

Because time is a giant sink and I can't remember anything beyond a week ago, can someone refresh my memory as to why Arizona got so bad so fast? Like, was there a major super spreader event that happened or is it just a combination of a huge retired population + you literally cannot be outside in summer?

covid cases right now are just a map of where it's too hot to do anything outdoors and indoor dining+bars are allowed. there's nothing fancy to it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Plank Walker posted:

that's not sushi, it's just non-covid lungs, arizonans are just confused because they haven't seen them in a while

oh god I've never seen my lungs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Xaris posted:

Yeah it's still extremely loving disheartening though being in the state, but I guess not too surprising given its the OC.

is there a particular reason its fiilled with surf nazis? im guessing white flight out of LA proper in the post-war period because muh crime and evil rodney king LOOTERS

That's basically why Orange County exists - the majority of it is cheap tract housing built from the mid 60s through the 70s. Most of the people who moved in back then are dead or dying, and a lot of the county is becoming more diverse, especially as younger people are moving in. But the chudliest of the chuds are concentrated around Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and the surrounding areas.