Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
SOR4 is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont like life for specials. Should have had a move meter

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
That's how it is on this bitch of an earth

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

TheScott2K posted:

and installed-but-unplayed copies of Streets of Rage 4 and Mother Russia Bleeds

Play Streets Of Rage 4.

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont like life for specials. Should have had a move meter

Hit people to get your life back after specials, which means you get to use them more often, which is more fun than a meter for moves you'd only use on the boss

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
oh yeah I forgot you only trade in temporary-life for specials now so it's not as bad

frankly I wasn't even using them that much anyway in lieu of the new juggle/combo stuff.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Yeah I didn't bother playing the game either despite having Gamepass. The series just comes across as mediocre mindless shooters with little substance and lots of swearing.

Weirdly, it’s the only game I can think of where there’s an option to bleep out the swearing (aside from Thimbleweed Park I guess, but that goes in the other direction).

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Binary domain is a much better play than any gears game.

I have that in my Steam account when it was free and I've never played it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

I have that in my Steam account when it was free and I've never played it.

Oh you gotta get to know big bo

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Y'all should post less and play more.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

binary domain slaps

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

taking 5 hours to type up a post at 100 wpm so i cannot possibly have time to play games

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hated binary domain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

American McGay posted:

I finished my 28th game of the year this morning i post during load times hopefully next gen ill never need to post

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

American McGay posted:

if this is to hurthling or univbee it's a big whiff, they both play a truly disturbing amount of games.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

American McGay posted:

I've almost beaten Shantae and the Seven Sirens. And I put over 150 hours in Final Fantasy XIV.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What do u think of shantae? Felt like a step back from previous and the load times between screens are too long even on my pc ssd. Still really fun tho

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

What do u think of shantae? Felt like a step back from previous and the load times between screens are too long even on my pc ssd. Still really fun tho

Outside of the non existent difficulty disappointing bosses, below average music for the series and long load times, I find it to be great and to be the second best in the series.

It has great map design, fun characters, a deep and varied move set, and has an actual compelling story.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 16, 2020

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

ur right thats why we all love kinect and rrod didnt happen

ahh yes, two very important business decisions regarding microsoft's offshore fund and tax minimisation.

thanks for proving my point.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

investigating...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seedge posted:

Play Streets Of Rage 4.

but play it with someone. it's much better co-op than single player.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hambeet posted:

ahh yes, two very important business decisions regarding microsoft's offshore fund and tax minimisation.

thanks for proving my point.

youre the one appealing to "but a big company couldnt POSSIBLY do something wrong or stupid" not me dont get upset when people point out ways the specific company has been stupid previously

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Outside of the non existent difficulty disappointing bosses, below average music for the series and long load times, I find it to be great and to be the second best in the series.

It has great map design, fun characters, a deep and varied move set, and has an actual compelling story.

This is a extremely good review but i think pirates curse is unquestionably the best and hgh is probably better in the second spot than 7s just because the loading makes me hate life.

Also dont forget that the big elemental attack dances in 7s are very poorly designed around being very op and super tedious

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

hambeet posted:

investigating...?

IIRC as-is Gears 5 multi is 60fps but makes certain concessions to do this on Xbox, they probably have to do the same here especially if they want it locked, because running anything at 120fps locked is really loving hard for most games even on beast PCs running games at 720p with low settings.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

youre the one appealing to "but a big company couldnt POSSIBLY do something wrong or stupid" not me dont get upset when people point out ways the specific company has been stupid previously

but I’m not upset? nor am I saying big business can do no wrong. nice straw man.

my point was that it’s dumb for us to argue with any real certainty about what was or wasn’t a good business move regarding acquisitions, profit and loss, tax, etc.

pointing out what were totally dumb console related decisions isn’t even in the same ball park.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

agreed when things happen no one should comment on them at all. why even talk about something. good addition to the conversation all round thanks for chiming in.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
talking about video games is like dancing about architecture: loving cool ya gronks - frank zappa

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

look at these poor pieces of poo poo with one screen, get outta here if you aren't playing the death stranding pc release while posting 24/7

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wow. were you mashing refresh like crazy for my response?

lol, no i never said don't comment on them. i said it's dumb to argue about them with any real certainty.

again you're just plain making poo poo up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

look at these poor pieces of poo poo with one screen, get outta here if you aren't playing the death stranding pc release while posting 24/7

less posting more playing

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everyone list the ways buying minecraft was or was not a good business decision ill start

good:

ahh i love lego
a few dollers selling capes or whatever probably

bad:

$2.5 billion in initial outlay alone hahaha
i bet the mojang devs get paid a lot for what is a $7 mobile title
microsoft doesnt understand monetization
as a business scientist i declare it was objectively a bad move

thoughts?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Stux posted:

everyone list the ways buying minecraft was or was not a good business decision ill start

good:

ahh i love lego
a few dollers selling capes or whatever probably

bad:

$2.5 billion in initial outlay alone hahaha
i bet the mojang devs get paid a lot for what is a $7 mobile title
microsoft doesnt understand monetization
as a business scientist i declare it was objectively a bad move

thoughts?

yeaaah, i was the one getting upset about this.

i think you need a screen timeout.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hambeet posted:

wow. were you mashing refresh like crazy for my response?

lol, no i never said don't comment on them. i said it's dumb to argue about them with any real certainty.

again you're just plain making poo poo up.

do you have any evidence for that accusation? if not im afraid thats ad hom and so invalidates your position

a comment is just the prelude to an argument, ill argue with whatever certainty i like. its dumb to have the name "hambeet" and post with your monitor off.

no im not, where is evidence for this claim. burden of proof is on you and if you cannot provide it ill declare your position argumentum ex silentio

hambeet posted:

yeaaah, i was the one getting upset about this.

i think you need a screen timeout.

backseat modding too, your position is already shaky and you add this? your argument is full of holes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

lol.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i win

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

hambeet posted:

less posting more playing

yeah you should probably try to improve at streets of rage tbh i agree

e: woah this was rude. i'm sorry, the rage is in your heart and thats all that matters

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh yeah totally. you sure showed me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

yeah you should probably try to improve at streets of rage tbh i agree

i'm pretty sure the scoreboard showed i raged in the streets the hardest.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

we agreed you can't quantify rage and the game is foolish to try

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hambeet posted:

oh yeah totally. you sure showed me.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

we agreed you can't quantify rage and the game is foolish to try

we did too. i think you put that suggestion forward.